Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 2,262 reviews matching the search
nice
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 20, 2017
I really love the place I already had a good experience working there. I learned a lot in the fashion industry. I enjoy always learn about clothing and the new trending products.
Fun enviornment and family oriented.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 19, 2017
Great company very family oriented. Amazing atmosphere and great upper management. They provide great training tools to help you progress in your career.
Aeropostale
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 19, 2017
I was basically forced to leave because my manager would not allow me to work there while I had another job. I was never late and it didn't interfere with my other job so I was upset with how I was treated.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 18, 2017
Management at aeropostale is very friendly. I would really recommend this place as part time job because you will interact with a lot of people, time will go by fast and the environment is very friendly..
Fun and very customer service based workplace
Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work usually consists of filling the store with missing merchandise in the mornings. The mid day shifts take on most of the customer servicing because that is when most of the business is. the closers are responsible for the recovery of the store. I learned great customer servicing and communication skills, how to work on a register, teamwork and team building skills, how to process shipment, organize a stockroom, and aspects of visual merchandising. Overall the workplace culture is very tight-nit and family like. all the associates become each others best friends. management is also very close with their associates and treats them like their own kids. Management is also very considerate for the most part and works closely around what works best for their associates when it comes to availability and scheduling. I've noticed that most people find the customer servicing aspect the hardest part about this job. The most enjoyable part again is the how close the Areo team is with one another and how comfortable everyone makes new hires feel.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
diverse group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 18, 2017
mostly cleaning around the store, and re-folding clothes. work shifts between 10am to 10pm with 30 minute breaks every 4 hours. often dealing with money
Would Recommend!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Working at Aeropostale has been very fun and I would highly recommend this job to other teenagers looking for a laid back, easy job for the summer, or seasonal.
Pros
Discounts!
Great Place for Part Time
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 16, 2017
I worked as a sales lead part time. The company was very well managed and paid well for the job I did. It was fast paced and fun, but also very challenging at times.
Just Clothing
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 15, 2017
Manager of particular store was hard to work under. Job was stressful and had high turnover back then. New corporate ownership since I worked there so its possible that things are changing for the better.
Very relaxed, but often boring.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23602September 15, 2017
Many days are slow and relaxed, co-workers are often nice, and the money isn't much at all. Promotions are raises are not common at all, and the hours are not always guaranteed. It is a fine job to have if you have a busy life outside of work and just want some easy money.
Pros
Relaxed, good discounts
Cons
Boring, low pay
Good Corporate work culture
Product Development & Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Corporate office with a lot of cross functional partnering. Constantly restructuring throughout the business seasonally which made for alot of extra work. Offered good perks to employee's. Overall not a bad place.
Pros
Summer Fridays, ice cream socials, and decent work hours
Cons
Difficult cross functional team members
Amazing people
Merchandise Flow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 14, 2017
This place is probably the funnest place I have ever worked. Our store was like a close knit family. We told each other everything and the work place is extremely relaxed.
Good place to start working at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Nice company to work for, good benefits. Lots of room to start growing up to SM. Overall is a healthy place to learn about retail and shop for cheap clothes.
Pros
Benefits, Discount on clothes
Cons
lots of inventory, multiple changes in policies
Barely any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I like working retail but I was rarely ever scheduled it was very annoying to get barely eight hours a week. I finally just quit and found a better job
Fast paced and stressful at times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 13, 2017
Aeropostale was over all an ok place to work if you are looking for something temporary. Not much room for advancement. As far as pay went it was reasonable.
Pros
Fun enviornment to work at
Cons
On your feet all ours of the day
Poor Management and a Poor Wages
Experienced Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 12, 2017
Managers that have their own selfish agendas; wages below $10, and a high demand from crowdful, and frankly rude, customers. Hours are a good balance through high school and college, however, past that point of studying, I'd recommend looking for work elsewhere immeadietely.
Pros
Balanced amount of hours and flexible scheduling
Cons
Low wages, poor management, and rude customers
Literally had no time to be able to form an opinion on my experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2017
I was given little to no information during training. My manager was snappy at every time I reached out to ask a job-related question. I was given no notice of my 'accidental' termination. Although, I learned how to fold a T-shirt perfectly.
Pros
I still have the free shirt I was given
Cons
I was ill-informed through the entire time I worked there
Nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 7, 2017
Aeropostale was a nice place to work and it was a relaxed environment i left due to finding a better paying job but other than that it was a fine establishment to work at
Fun work environment!
Aeropostale Sales Associate/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Aeropostale was a great company to work for. The chain of stores downsized and the location that I worked at closed. I loved helping customers and meeting new people!
Pros
Discounts were great! Overtime hours offered.
Cons
Chain of stores downsized and is struggling to stay in business.
I enjoyed working here as it was my first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 7, 2017
This job was great for learning to take up new responsibilities and deal with customer service. I interacted well with co workers and the customers. Helping customers find an outfit that they feel confident in is a great feeling!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.