Aeropostale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,576 reviews matching the search
They were an okay company
Cash Wrap Specialist, Merchandise Flow Lead (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 2, 2016
While working here i didn't receive a raise, I worked here for 3 years and never received a stable job. I would have stayed here if i had been offered a key holder position and/or a raise
Alright, I guess.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 24, 2016
I would not recommend working here. They are not good with scheduling and do not give raises ever. It is like a job if you are in high school.
Challenging and fun work place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2016
The company was a fun place to be apart of and I've definitely learned a lot about problem solving. I just found it really difficult to express myself or bring any of who I was or why I was hired to the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Aeropostale
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2015
I start by opening the store, which involves counting registers, making deposits, reading and replying to District managers emails. I've also had to coach/train new hires. Overall Aeropostale is a well establish retail company, and receive great benefits. I've learn that retail is hard, however its expanding in so many ways. The management staff could use a lot of communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is seeing the regulars shop and be excited of our great deals.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts
Cons
Communication, employment
Great Discounts
Sales Associate/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 1, 2015
Freindly work enviornment, lots of hour if you are truly motivated to working, benifits such as 40% off clothes for being an ambassador, and 50% off two tops, two bottoms, and two accessories avery month. 30% off all the time if you're a sales associate.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers can be relentless
Fun fast-paced environment
Monitor sales activities (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 26, 2016
It has been many years since I was employed with Aero but I can give you my experience from when I was there. The focus is the customers of course. The plan is to greet them and make sure they are aware that you can assist them and that there are team members all around the store if they need. Loss prevention was also a very big focus so we all worked as a team to make sure someone was in each section at all times. The hardest part of the job was keeping the store neat on the weekends and during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team and how we made the time pass with each other professional and fun at the same time.
Cons
It's a retail store so you are open even during the holidays
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 26, 2016
Creating sales of the product
Working closely with the marketing department regarding the creation of interest about the product
Selling the product quickly and efficiently
Coordinating with other departments regarding the product like the manufacturing unit
Report on the sale of the product
Make comparisons with rival products and see how the product can be improved
Work with the marketing department on how to pitch the product
Establish a chain of distribution for the product as this is the biggest contributing factor
Meet the target set by the company
Provide good after sales service
Look into the complaints made by the customers as they help in improving the overall product
Researching and survey customer satisfaction
Give ideas regarding offers to boost sales
Maintain accurate records for sales which help in deriving the right figures
Give feedback to higher management about the product
Fun and enthusiastic work environment with a lot of communicative interactions.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 11, 2016
-A typical day of work consisted me constantly engaging with customers in a professional yet enthusiastic manner. I would usually build outfits or help them look for a particular item. I also would help out the cashier and check out customers.
- I learned a lot of communicative skills throughout this job. I also learned how to multitask due to working in such a fast-paced environment.
-I thought the management was great. They really seemed to form a relationship with each employer.
- My co-workers were also great. We all had great relationships with one another.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude shoppers or shoplifters. These customers were either rude or hostile with us and the managers. However, it was these customers that taught me how to deal with problematic situations with professionalism and how to remain calm.
Pros
Discount on clothes or any merchandise
Cons
Short shifts
Comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Working at Aeropostale was an experience, seeing as it was my first job. Coming in I was nervous and felt like I didn't know what I was doing, but the managers and other associates there made it a welcomed experience. They taught me what I needed to know without criticism and if there was it was constructive. My work routine was to service the customer however they needed. Either from finding a size in clothing or going to the back to see if we have what they're for. If I wasn't helping them find clothes I would open the fitting rooms for them. Or I was folding clothes to fill in spaces on tables. Working there was a lot of work, we were allowed to joke around at times, but when it was time to work it was time to work. I loved how open and comfortable everyone was with each other.
Pros
Manager are understanding and respectful
Cons
Folding clothes can be tedious, but it helps with your laundry at home
Fun place to work for! Room for promotion within the company
Part-time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 30, 2016
I love working for Aeropostale, i have the BEST store manager, Chris, he is SOOOOOOO understanding, and is always so caring and willing to work with you if something is wrong. For example, if your sick and need to call in, or your late cause you over slept! he's always willing to work with your schedule and will ask you if he's scheduling you too much and if you need a break so that you can rest! I've never had a store/department manager care so much about their employees. Overall, it's a great place to work because it's a fun, positive environment as well as the employees really make you feel like your part of the family! Couldn't have asked for a better job, and it actually basically just fell into my lap, because i was in there shopping like everyday, and they thought i had a fun personality, and snuck an application in my bag! I'm glad they did because its the best job ever!
Pros
All the Employees i work with, and the great discount
Cons
nothing
My overall experience was pretty positive, but my biggest gripe would have to be how the store was managed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 28, 2016
A typical day at work included keeping the store maintained and organized while helping customers with concerns they may have about the merchandise.

I made myself accessible for any additional duties assigned.

The primary area of concern was the inconsistent assignment of hours on a weekly basis( ie very limited amount of hours of employment).

My coworkers were professional, communicative and I maintained a positive /professional relationship with my fellow coworkers.

The most challenging part of my job was during the holiday season.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting customers. The people that visited the establishment were very friendly and patient with the service they were receiving from the rest of the staff and myself.
Very enjoyable, balanced and healthy environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 10, 2015
A typical day was short in spite of the long hours you may haver worked. Being on you feet and being social with customers allows the day to go by very quickly. I learned that working in retail has the potential to be healthy and fun, but unless you're management, it can't be a job you make a comfortable living off of. Management was great. generally speaking, management was fun, lenient, and pleasant. My co-workers were also very pleasant. The whole staff was a great crowd to be around. The hardest part of the job was having to listen to a disgruntled customer, if you're not able to complete a request of theirs due to contractual agreements. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work, looking forward to seeing my coworkers and management staff, and shedding a little light on the customers day
Pros
Almost always busy, pleasant staff and customers
Cons
Having to agree with disgruntled customers
productive fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Lots of customer service. Fun working place. Very supportive management who found creative ways to make sales. Decent amount of hours given for part-time.
Pros
fun experience
Cons
No benefits
Friendly atmosphere. Close knit and hard working group
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 3, 2016
The office has a relaxed atmosphere. We dress casually and we will engage in playful banter from time to time. We are focused on completing our tasks in a timely and efficient manner. If assistance is ever needed, it will be given without much hesitation.

Since I have been there, I my Excel skills have improved dramatically. I have become proficient at auditing pay groups; I have become more detail-oriented. I have significant knowledge of our payroll processing system HCM/Dayforce.

My co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is also very friendly and supportive. There job can be a little difficult at times, but, all in all, the experience has been pleasant
fun place to work but they don't pay you squat
role model (Current Employee) –  st augustine FLJune 1, 2015
They ask what hours you are available and after the schedule is made they still add or change it and you are expected to cancel whatever plans you made so that you can work. The district manager will pop in unexpected and "help" by opening all the new inventory packages and dump them all over the floor and then leave. At times we have had to climb on top of the mounds of clothes just to check for sizes for customers... it makes it unsafe. I learned how to work with management with difficult personalities and the only enjoyable part of the job was getting the discount - but even then - a lot of my clothes only get to be worn a handful of times. They only pay minimum wage and do not give raises even for those that have been there for long periods of time. They expect you to work and not have any social life.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
no shift longer than 4 hours, pay min wage and never give raises
Not the ideal place to work.
Experienced Leader Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 8, 2016
Working at Aeropostale wasn't a good experience. When I started working there the atmosphere was very calm and welcoming but if I was a part of the closing shift team we would be there an hour after we were scheduled because the managers wouldn't help clean the store once they finished their nightly duties or they would wait until the last minute to complete the nightly duties. Along with being held an extra hour after my shift, the majority of the time I would miss the bus back to campus and I would have to wait an extra hour outside until it came back to the mall. The other issue with working here was the management team was not professional. If you needed to call out for being sick or call and let them know you are running a few minutes late they would be very rude and give you less hours for the following work week.
Pros
The company did help local communities and their employees if situations did arise.
Cons
Working at this individual store was a very bad experience.
Great People, Cute clothes
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albertville, MNAugust 19, 2016
Typical day at work has gotten harder in light of recent events. With the companies problems with Sycamore, and filing for bankruptcy, stores are either receiving entirely too much merchandise or not enough. I've learned a lot working for Aero, moving from a sales associate to an Assistant Manager. I really learned how to prioritize. and tech others how to prioritize. I've become good at coaching others and pushing them to do their best work. Hardest part of my job is... finding the time to do everything required of you in the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is also the least enjoyable. Its our customers. Sometimes they can really make or break your day. In my location specifically they can be particularly vicious. I worked for a while in another location and it wasn't nearly as bad. Then you have days where customers, are courteous and understanding of company policy. Days where you can relate to them and have one-on-one conversations, and really help them find what they need.
Pros
health care
Cons
3 black out periods, terrible marketing
Great working environment, and coworkers were extremely helpful into training me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
A typical day working there was very smooth, I never had any difficult situations with the customers or my coworkers. The store was always clean and organized, that in my opinion was the enjoyable part and also of how my coworkers were so kind and they made working there a lot more fun and comfortable. The hardest part of my job was of how I had the evening shifts, which were a little challenging because it becomes very late and I would be part of the last shift which had to organize the whole store before closing time.
Productive, fun enviroment but no room to grow
Associate Manager- Operations Procurement (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJuly 9, 2015
Spend the day tacking District Manager inquires, whether maintenance or projects. Over the years, I have learned a great deal of office etiquette as well as to be a productive leader. Management doesn't seem to care whether you stay with the company but your co-workers do become like your family. The hardest part of my day is not having the day end. I am expected to be available 24/7 on e-mails. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my peers.
Pros
flex scheduling and early Friday dismissal all Summer
Cons
salary wages, benefits, no growth
Average retail position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2015
Stressful, management unprofessional, co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job would be dealing with the stressed out managers. Most enjoyable part of the job would be selling to the customers.
Pros
Customer Service strengthener
Cons
No benefits, low pay, odd hours