Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 2,304 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 1, 2017
I love working at Aero due to there being extremely nice employees and the managers are amazing. They store treats you right as well as the managers. would totally recommend it
A lot of change in a short amount of time
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2017
The company has gone through a lot over the past couple of years. There has (and continues to be) a major overhaul in management, and a lot of turnover.I believe there will be increased sales, but I'm not sure what the future work environment looks like.
avmerage workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 30, 2017
My typical day at work was to reorganize the clothes and fold them.
I learned that your customers always come first, no matter what you're doing or how busy you are. You have to stop what you're doing and do what whatever they are asking from you.
At the time, the culture was very busy but we all got along very well.
The hardest part of my job was the cash register. At the time I had a difficult time taking out the discount when counting the drawer at closing time. Aero was my first sales associate job so I had a hard time understanding how to use the register and I was just starting to learn how to use it before they got rid of me.
What I most enjoyed was the folding and organizing. I love keeping myself busy that way.
Pros
staying busy
Cons
they kept me very seasonal
Great Co workers not too many hours
Sales associate and merchandise flow associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 30, 2017
Great Co workers not too many hours. The co workers are very nice and fun to work with. However the hours you get per week are not enough to live on at all.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Barely any hours
It was okay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2017
It was okay i was thier for a little bit but i ended up knowing everything i know to work in retail it helped me a lot for the job i gave know managers where alright
Best co workers you can ask for
Merchandise and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2017
Favorite part time job i have had. Great co workers and a relaxed and fun work environment. The slower pace allows foe more in depth learning, great job for starting in retail. Pay is low, usually barely above min wage.
Pros
1 hour breaks, Fun Co workers, Develepment to promote
Cons
Slow paced at times, low wages
the store itself was good
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVSeptember 29, 2017
In my opinion it isn't all that of a company, poor hours and they don't care about your emergencies from the last minute call. but the quality of style and prices are great. but I've learned how to work the cashier as I scan the items. the culture was more of a hippie and cotton candy type of culture. at first talking to the co-workers was fine until the end
Pros
style and prices
Cons
poor hours
It was ok... I guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2017
It's ok if your into that niche of fashion but if your into a different kind of fashion it will be slightly difficult and you'll have co-workers talk behind your back simply because your not like them or into the same thing they are. When the doors close for closing at night however stuff is a bit more relaxed can eat snacks whilst cleaning up the store and if you want to listen to your own music while closing you can do so and helps time go by faster.
Pros
Location discounts
Cons
Beware of retail dry spell (after New Years and before Valentines Day)
Productive and fun people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Even though we were productive and it was fun to work there. There wasn't enough hours to give to all the employees. I had to raises at all while I was working at Aeropostale.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
hours, pay
Awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Awful, no advancement opportunities, no hours, no cohesive instructions, blaming things on you, inconsistent task demands, messy store condition, no follow ups.
Pros
Clothes Benefits
Cons
No Hours
Quickpaced workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mims, FLSeptember 26, 2017
A day at work was very stressful because you are interacting with international customers and have to please each person with customer service. I learned about having a good attitude towards customers.
Entry-level retail position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 25, 2017
Excellent starting point to develop personal skills in customer service and sales.
Limited hours and lack of benefits keep this position as a second job or a part-time entry into the job market.
enjoyable
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOSeptember 24, 2017
aeropostale has positive work environment with good discounts. very competitive hiring manager is great fairly easy job if you have a happy and positive attitude.
productive and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 24, 2017
My typical day at work was working with customers and fulfilling their needs. keeping the store organized and clean, meeting sales goals. I learned about the products and different product placement strategies. Management was fun to work with, only down fall was the on call shifts where you had to call in to see if you were needed for that shift or not. work place culture was relaxed, fun, energetic.
Fun Workplace
SALES ACCOSIATE (Former Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 24, 2017
Talking about clothes and gossiping made it feel like it wasn't even worked and I liked that aspect.I loved the women that i work with, they were so welcoming when i gt there and I appreciated that the most.
Pros
We were in a mall and got a discount everywhere
bad annoying stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 22, 2017
worked all day and night long shifts no extra breaks and only one hour breaks high expectations big on customer service no family time extended shifts
Fun, relaxed, and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 22, 2017
While working here I was able to enjoy my time. I made friends with my coworkers and was able to get my job done with their help and as also able to help them.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 21, 2017
This job is simple and easy. The managers and workers are friendly and always work as a team. They are very understanding of the work schedule you desire. This is also a great job for students.
Great place to work-for a while
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Definitely a great environment and great staff. Fun working here and you gain alot of experience. Not many hours available, feels like you never really work.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No hours
an okay place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I got better at customer service. the hardest part of the job was locating items that were in locations they didn't belong. Its an okay company but they closed down due to lack of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.