Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 1,617 reviews matching the search
Great place work
Register, Stock, Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 14, 2016
I was hired for the holiday season. It was my first job and was the best to start out with. I was hired on the spot after the interview. During training we learned how to operate the register and fold clothes and all. The management was excellent, the coworkers were all fun and great to work with. The work flow was nice and steady. I had to come out of my shell a bit and actually talk to people and help customers find out what they were looking for. I got a few nice compliments about my knowledge and helpful attitude. The job security was hit or miss. If they felt like you were worth keeping then they would keep you on. When it came time to decide who stays and who goes i felt i did the job, but could've done a little better communicating with customers and looking like i want to be there and smiling a little bit more. But hey, it was my first job, i didn't really know what to expect or how to act so to say. Unfortunately i was let go but the manager was really nice about it. He said i did a good job and seemed to really know what i was doing, but like i said before i needed to better represent myself ad loosen up a bit. He even said apply again in the summer and we'll turn things around. Although i did find other jobs, we sort of still keep in contact and all and it'll always be an opportunity if i need it.
Pros
management, staff, steady work flow, ensured breaks
Not the ideal place to work.
Experienced Leader Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 8, 2016
Working at Aeropostale wasn't a good experience. When I started working there the atmosphere was very calm and welcoming but if I was a part of the closing shift team we would be there an hour after we were scheduled because the managers wouldn't help clean the store once they finished their nightly duties or they would wait until the last minute to complete the nightly duties. Along with being held an extra hour after my shift, the majority of the time I would miss the bus back to campus and I would have to wait an extra hour outside until it came back to the mall. The other issue with working here was the management team was not professional. If you needed to call out for being sick or call and let them know you are running a few minutes late they would be very rude and give you less hours for the following work week.
Pros
The company did help local communities and their employees if situations did arise.
Cons
Working at this individual store was a very bad experience.
Great Company that promotes internal promoting
Key Holder/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day would be a combination of customer service, goal achievement, and stocking. I learned to be a great manager, scheduling and how to fold a crisp shirt. Managers are relaxed and assist associates in achieving the company goals. Co-workers easily become friends and equally help with daily task. The hardest part of the job is selling the perfume. The most enjoyable part of the job is the discounts and the floor sets. This company is awesome to work for.
Pros
Discounts and Floor Sets
Cons
Selling Perfume
decient work space could use improvement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 11, 2016
day to day is pretty simple open the store and review stats of previous day. I learned a lot about store operations. the management team was disconnected at times and daily procedures lacked focus. The coworkers could be better but the main problem came from the SM. Hardest part of the job was working with the management team. The most enjoyable was the discount, customers and hour lunch. also a side note the music is very repetitive and not updated regularly.
Pros
hour lunch paid vacation
Cons
one coverage one break kids 18-16 help with closing
My Favorite Job to date
SALES ASSOCIATE/MERCH FLOW MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 8, 2016
seeing this this was a job through the end of high school i enjoyed it very much.

going to work was exciting. i was working with a great team that was very goal oriented. My store manager was one of the best in the district at the time.

they paid you well if you were management.

Floorsets were 12 hour shifts split into 2 shifts of 6 on sundays. Merch flows would help manage the flow of new clothes to the floor in a timely fashion along with manage new shipments when they arrive.
Pros
great environment.
Cons
too enjoyable to have cons
Not a place to work at if your looking for more hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 1, 2016
I love the managers and co-workers that i work with, so i guess that is the most enjoyable part of the job. Other than that, I do not look forward to actually doing the work there because they ask for so much, but i feel i do not get paid enough nor do i get enough hours.
I am given one shift a week and that is a total of 4 hours. So each paycheck has 8 hours on it and is worth less than $70... I have come to terms that going to work just isn't worth my time.
Pros
working with my bestfriends
Cons
no benefits
Strong culture
Manager - Inventory Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 7, 2016
Even with the downturn in the company's fortunes, the management team in finance has done an excellent job managing cash and inventory position, even in the face of declining sales. Day to day involves a lot of ad hoc reporting to quantify a variety of inventory based positioning issues, particularly Aging and Vendor Receipts.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Occasional free ice cream and lunches
Cons
Shrinking staff, extra work
A great starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverthorne, COMay 20, 2016
It saddens me to know that this company is going out of business in my hometown. A typical day at work at this store was typically rather slow and could be pretty fun. It could also easily become very chaotic. In my time there I learned most of what I know about working retail and what methods of selling work better for promoting products than others. For the most part, the management I had while I worked there I found to be great and made working there fun. I know my experience may be unique though as I got lucky. My co-workers were friends that I had had in school for the most part and so I usually had a blast while working. The hardest part of the job would be fixing displays and resetting the displays when a new line would launch. The best part of the job would often be the clothes for me. Though there were many items that I found to be atrocious, they did have many pieces available that I loved. And the discounts just made purchasing all of these items so easy.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
You had to be able to do pretty much everything
Daily/Monthly goals, tasks, hours need to complete were accurate
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMarch 21, 2016
Open store, review communication, note important tasks in order of priority. This management position allows you to learn how to manage a million plus store, the amount of time, number of employees and the needs of the business are calculated within a reasonable set schedule.
Pros
Organization of the company
Cons
Limited growth in market
Great management and coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 15, 2016
I loved my time at Aeropostale. The environment was filled with friendly people who were able to work efficiently and respectfully. Our store constantly ranked in the top of the region. What i loved most about the job was the managers who really worked hard to ensure the employees were doing their job and ensure customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was not being able to get promoted due to positions being filled.
Pros
Good Environment, Great Managers and coworkers
Cons
The pay
Loved working here
Manager (Current Employee) –  GASeptember 8, 2016
The people are the best. The job expectations are high, but so are the rewards for the most part. The upper management is top notch and always an open door policy. Hardest part of the job is the ever changing teen market and business demands. Handwriting every sign in the store for a promotional change with little to no notice. Best part of the job was giving back to the community while working with a team you love!
Pros
discount and peers
Cons
everchanging business demands of teen retail
Customer Service
Assist Merch Manger (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAJune 5, 2016
Work with different customer and get to know who they're even though its for a about 5min, window shopping, or just came in for return. It doesn't matter its time getting to know them, yeah some people cant stand talking but for me I like it, cause you never what there is day is like just recognizing them walk in it tops them up. I see every single with some respect cause I would want that if I was them, I like that about that even when you open and you see those morning shoppers you welcome them and starts there day and when you close your the last person they see before they go to bed and ends there night good if they had rough day just putting a smile the customer. Yeah its a retail store and we got to focus on sales but you just got to think about it just that one time one on one friendly conversation they can tell their families or friends to come shop and spreads fast and you get them back just cause you knowledge that person. People skills is always great cause that's what helps you drive your sales or any kind of business.
Pros
Benefits, bonus, learning alot company trend of clothing
Cons
schedules
Everyone was hardworking
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 6, 2016
The co-workers stayed on there toes to make sure all the customers were happy. Good music and cute fashion. Customers always left with smiles and employees stayed focused. Positive environment. Employees had some difficulty talking to one another and making me feel welcomed as a new co-worker. Wasn't happy to go to work some days. But other than that they were nice and understanding. good people just all were really young and all girls. Made the store feel too girly, not enough guys came in. Everything was updated and very neat and organized. you smelled different perfumes every minute from people trying the testers. I personally liked them just too strong for some people to breathe it in.
Pros
smiling faces everywhere, good music
Cons
fashion very reveling and strong smells at register
Busy environment with eager customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is usually busy because it was during the holidays. I've learned to have patience and to always keep the customer satisfied. The management in aeropostale was amazing, the managers would always help out and knew how to do their job the right way. The hardest part of the job was keeping the store neat at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers, each one would come in with such a positive attitude.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
busy
Great company to build your career with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
Aeropostale, taught me so much about being a strong leader, they have amazing training programs, and a team of people who really care about their store line teams. They are great at promoting with, and compensation for its employees.

Their is a sense of family within the company and after 4 years of working with them I have a large list of networking from people Ive met in the company.

The downside to Aero is that they have not comp'd their numbers in a very long time, and last year let go of 32 DM's and closed all of their children stores. Recently switched CEO's and just are not the front runners they have been in the past!
Pros
Educational, great structure, internal promoting
Cons
Not comping, not a lot of job security, long work hours
Fun Place to work with others
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Greeted customers and determined their needs and wants
Discussed type, quality and number of merchandise required for purchase/
Recommended merchandise based on individual requirements
Advised customers on utilization and care of merchandise
Provided advice to clients regarding particular products or services
Explained the use and advantage of merchandise to customers
Answered customer’s queries and concerns
Great work enviroment, strong structure, high expectation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2016
A typical work day with Aero was busy and proactive, and even though running a store at Aero is difficult it is also a lot of funny, I learned so much in my time with Aero, they have a great management development program. So many of my co- workers are today my friend. However, Aero is on like a 9 year decline, laying of 32 DM's last year, not leaving a lot of room for growth
Pros
Great Team, Fun Enviroment, Great Development
Cons
Business not doing strong, not a lot of growth oppurtunities
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 3, 2016
I love working here! It is a great place to grow. Honestly the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. A typical day at work is getting all of the morning duties ready, helping customers, and finishing closing duties. Management was great. I've learned a lot about banking. My co-workers have helped me learn so much. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find a bank where they can call home.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 11, 2016
A typical work day was about 3-5 hours long.
I learned how to communicate with customers, fold clothes, and work at the cash register.
My managers were helpful and fun to be around.
My co-workers were fun to be around and easy to get along with.
The hardest part was finding products that customers would like.
The most enjoyable was being around my managers and co-workers and making the environment fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
late nights
Busy yet Productive work enviorment
Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 22, 2016
Everyday at Aeropostale was full of different energy. Working with Aeropostale made me more of a fast-paced worker and Learner. Sales,organization and efficient use of Floor-Plans was key in having a successful business day; good sense of memorization is a plus. All co-worker's worked behind each other in a systematic manner building team working skills everyday; Great company to have worked for.