Are you a team oriented individual who takes pride in delivering high degrees of quality and precision in a technically driven environment? Are you a focused person that follows process and procedure to ensure the work is done right the first time? Then we appreciate people like you and invite you to join the Aeroseal family.
Aeroseal duct sealing is a patented breakthrough technology for the HVAC market that tackles ductwork leaks from the inside out. The Aeroseal process won the "Best of What's New" award from Popular Science magazine, and the "Energy 100" award from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Our Technical Support Specialist performs a variety of tasks in support of customer and field representative technical needs. The successful candidate will have a background in electro-mechanical system operations as well as basic HVAC system knowledge. While experience is desired, we will train the right ambitious and eager person. This position will be primarily in-house but may require occasional travel to support customers or product demonstrations.
Provide day-to-day customer support serving as an expert subject matter for product and application knowledge.
Specific duties will include:
- Assist customers over the telephone with resolutions to problems or inquiries related to products or applications.
- Conduct in-house testing of instrument hardware and software.
- Manage calls appropriately with regard to timelines, customer follow-up, etc. to prevent an escalation of issues.
- Interact with other staff or departments, when necessary, for information to assist investigation and resolution of issues.
- Document—using Salesforce.com CRM and departmental SOPs—all interaction with customers and support information gathered in the resolution of issues.
- Assist with training of new employees, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a high level of product and application knowledge.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on failed equipment.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the department in the absence of department manager.
- 2 or 4 Year Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical or Electrical) or substitute equivalent Technical Trade Experience (Electro-Mechanical Tech, HVAC Service Tech)
- Basic knowledge of HVAC system and construction types
- Able to troubleshoot using mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams
- Good knowledge of computer applications and software installation
- detail-oriented and organized
- strong analytic and problem-solving
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work in a team environment and across multiple disciplines both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate would also have:
prior experience in construction/HVAC industry – especially duct work and system installations in residential & commercial buildings
Experience with shop tools and measuring equipment
BPI Certification or equivalent certification in building sciences or indoor air quality