Aerotek Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,605 reviews matching the search
A great place to work
Analyst I - Disclosure Review (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed my position with Aerotek, even applied for a permanent position to my assignment. I was not selected and soon after let go without an explanation. There was no negative reviews so I was left dumfounded. But I enjoyed my fellow co-workers the environment and loved the flexibility of my schedule. I developed camaraderie and team work. My role was research and investigative and I enjoyed the role I played.
Pros
Great place to work lot's of knowledge
Cons
No explaination for position ending, felt profiled.
Work places were pleasant
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 7, 2016
Your work is already for you to process. The training for the jobs were great and the management staffs were great. Had the opportunity to work with some wonderful, friendly people.

The hardest part was making sure the information from the training was put to use in the correct manner.

The most enjoyable part was knowing the customer was pleased with the service they asked for.
Pros
Getting paid every week
Cons
No pay when the company you are working for is off but Aerotek is not. Aerotek doesn't pay.
Its meh at best
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 29, 2016
I was a contractor working for a large aftermarket auto tool maker in Southern Minnesota, and I found that Aerotek was less than helpful on multiple occasions. They frequently delayed pay dates, they would give different information to different contractors and then get annoyed when we'd communicate among ourselves. Trying to get responses to email or telephoned questions was next to impossible.
Pros
Online time Entry
Cons
Unable to get anyone to answer questions
A company that puts the employee first
Wells Fargo Quality Assurance Monitor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 23, 2016
Aerotek is the kind of company that will stick their neck out for the employee to make sure there is a mutual happiness for the specified job selection. The management is stellar. The only challenge is narrowing down on the multitude of potential career choices to go into. Choose Aerotek and it may lead to the best choice of your career.
Pros
Management team that want the best for the employees
Cons
Some contracts are only seasonal
The duties of working at Maximus Federal Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 23, 2016
I worked at Maximus Federal Services through the temp agency, Aerotek. There i was introduced to the Veterans Choice Program, which assisted the Veterans with making their doctors appointment so that they can be seen sooner than the VA hospital. Our duties were to call the physicians' office and schedule the veteran's doctors appointment and after appointment is made we were to call the veteran to confirm and inform them on instructions and answer any questions the veteran had.
Pros
helping the ones that fought for our country, outgoing calls at our own paste, as well as the pay.
Cons
the enviroment at the call center
Always productive and learning daily.
Group Leader (Contract Employee) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 27, 2016
I start the day with manpower overview and a 2:30pm meeting with Shift leader. We get an overview of the prior two shifts production notes and our goals for the day. I place my manpower and run the chain according to the conditions of the banks in front and behind my group. I enjoy working with people and teaching my employees.I believe in teamwork and continuous improvement. The hardest part of my job is running short of operators do to manpower issues.
Working a variety of tasks in a team setting.
Illustrator CAD Drawings (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 27, 2016
Typically tasks were to: update process sheets, ECN changes, bill of materials, audits, take pictures, new product drawings, confer with assemblers with how building process was going. Staying busy and having a verity of tasks was great. Improved on illustrator skills. Changed deadlines are hard. Management was easy to get along with. Enjoy coworkers.
Pros
staying busy with a verity of tasks
Cons
lack of communication from management
fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
Aerotek is staffing agency, The company that they were staffing for was AT&T, Felt that the training, quality of service, and the assistance needed for floor support needed to be better for AT&T, as far as the staffing agency themselves, I felt that the recruiters did not try to help you if you were wanting to switch job sites, and wouldn't return your calls when you tried to reach them within a timely manner.
Pros
n/a
Cons
assistance for help, quality of service, and expectation with lack of assistance or trainning
Only use them if you are desperate.
Clean Room Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 12, 2016
Sure, they will find you work, but for the lowest pay possible. In my experience, Every contract-to-hire job that I had through them has been "lost." Each time a employer would want to hire me on, Aerotek would "lose" or "terminate" the contract. But would have a new contract ready for me to start. They are all about themselves. Their agents work on a commission based contingency. If a company hires you, you are no longer available to that agent for his commission. If possible, stay away from Aerotek.
Pros
They will find you work
Cons
Dead End
Aerotek was a temp agency who placed me with Simplex Grinnell
Journeyman Rotor Head Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 14, 2016
Enjoyed being at work, working in contracted places, as well as working independently. Was even able to travel to additional areas to work with new businesses and clients.

A plus for this company was that I was given opportunity to learn integrated fire alarm systems.

Management kept a very professional style, but also understood employees on personal levels so that communication was strong.

Though traveling was sometimes difficult, the most difficult aspect of this job was being on-call and never being able to plan alternatively for my family when I was suddenly away.
Very supportive upline
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
A typical day for me was always a learning experience in different departments, was trained in various departments in order to be able to always have someone is critical operations to full fill the demands of the company. Got along with all my co-workers no matter what position they performed. I enjoyed very much interacting with different people and different departments and being able to perform different tasks thru out my day.
Pros
cooperative management, advancement opportunities
Cons
short breaks, a bit of lack of communication within certain departments
No company is perfect
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2016
... Communication started out great, they stayed in touch the first two years and then my recruiter left the company and I did not hear from them until the was a problem with completing documents which was a good thing. However, it was hard to get in touch with them if you had a problem. Not knowing who your recruiter was or who to answer your questions was a problem at times. Other than no knowing the staff changes it was a good company to work for...
Productive and fun place to work with great people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 11, 2016
A typical work day would be always helping people in the same yet changing way. Every person is different and as a part of a team we have to notice that people are individuals that will have individual thoughts and actions. Being able to work closely with management and other co-workers is what I would consider being the best part of any employment. Working as a team will not only get work done faster,but it will get work done smarter. The hardest part of any job is when someone does not want to be a part of that team for whatever reason. Making a team work is about letting everyone having a say in what happens and trying to involve everyone's ideas into the end result.
Very minimal communication from/with recruiters
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2016
Communication with recruiter is as best, very minimal. During initial interviewing process, many key points were missed or ignored. Terms of assignment or contracts are not discussed. Overall feeling of abandonment due to multiple recruiter changes. Within first 4 months of employment, 5 different recruiters were assigned to my profile. After not hearing back from any recruiter 2 months after my first assignment was complete, I decided to look for employment on my own.
Could be an Amazing place to work, but......
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2016
I started Aerotek on February 15th, 2016. I was contracted through them to work for a company based out of Morrisville, NC. It was so exciting for me. I was completely thrilled with the new opportunity before me, because I had been looking for the opportunity they presented me for a long time. It was a short lived dream. The company they contract for has management that SHOWS way too much favoritism, and if they don't like you, well it's out the door for you. I was robbed of my dream to become permanent. Not only that, but they released me for such a ridiculous reason...
Pros
Good work schedule, Provided free meals
Cons
Temp-to-hire positions, no benefits until you become permanent, Favoritism with certain employees
Very poor management and zero potential for growth
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 5, 2016
I did like the "idea" of what the company stood for and the goals they wanted to achieve. They unfortunately had very poor leaders who did not know how to micromanage and delegate employees underneath them. Instead of taking care of issues in the office, they swept it under the rug and didn't deal with it. This is a job for young folks straight out of high school, but if your looking to grow within a company, this place is not it. Way too much office gossip and drama, and sad to say the leaders are involved with it. The "leads" are not professional by far, they are "friends" with everyone in the office. There is no professionalism in the office from senior employees to the staff underneath them. Very bad company to work for!!
Good place to work, limited advancement
Product Handler (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2016
There are multiple opportunities within this company. However, they can terminate you at any point in time for no reason. There are many things that are taught and can be utilized later. There just isn't much opportunity for advancement. Also, they can change your shift with no warning, making it difficult to find a rhythm and become proficient.
Pros
Pay, experiance
Cons
shift change with no notice and limited growth opportunities
All Business
Heavy Equipment Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2016
This co has not only been by my side they have become part of my family Aerotek has kept me employed for many yrs any Issues at any of the sites I've worked they were right by my side, working in the Enviromental department as a Heavy Equipment Operator for the Navy and Air Force through my co was very beneficial to me not only financially but gave me a chance to get certified with a TWIX card, Safty card, Hazwhopper training, OSHA cert, soil sampling, shoot grade. Run/Operate many different pieces of equipment. Hoping to find another co that stands behind the employer.
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Seasonal work.
busy
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 25, 2016
typical day morning checking machines coolants, oils and leaks.
later busy , changing compress nitrogen cylinders .
moving office equipment , fixing doors . repairing walls.
painting , working in plumbing problems .
working in oil storage room , replacing empty barrels installing new ones, empty metal containers . check machines change belts.
fixing floor , changing lights , replacing ceiling tiles, order parts.
Pros
free pizza some times.
Cons
the others days they charge for the pizza.
Great entry level position
Business Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 22, 2016
Great co-workers. Great team environment.
Fast paced environment. Benefits. Stable entry level position for the business world. Great opportunities for advancement. The company doesn't close for inclement weather. You can take time off though if you are snowed in. Supervisors are able to work from home too (not always, but it is an option for snow days etc.).
Pros
Training. Promotion opportunities. Supportive environment.
Cons
Fast-paced high volumes of work deadlines