Aerus Employee Reviews

great work place
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company it offered a lot to me an also the hours were great they worked around my schedule. great job it helped enforce my cooking skills
Great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
My experience with my immediate supervisor does not reflect on my direct supervisor.

Pros
My overall view of the company is extremely high. Aerus has amazing, life changing products and services and a great educational system full of opportunity. Seemed like a scam at first, but sometimes what seems too good, is actually that good. I greatly enjoyed the challenges of the duties I performed, and am forever thankful for the personal growth the company provided me. My former co-workers are dear friends. I earned more income here than in any job I held before.

Cons
Lacks a sufficient dispute resolution system. I would gladly return if it were otherwise
Pros
Great Earning Potential, Personal Growth, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Lack of Upper Management Accountability
Temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 25, 2015
Quick temporary place learning front desk receptionist skills. Learned to multitask and become customer oriented. Was a positive learning experience.
Growing company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee Wi.May 31, 2015
Growing company. Owners are very nice. Works hard with employees to help hem acheive goals. Customer contact is alway professionl.
Pros
Great enviroment to work in
Cons
only part time hours
pincics
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAMarch 6, 2015
Typical work days was 8 hours a day Management was ok hardest part of the job was putting up with a lot of stuff from co- workers my me fell uncomfortably a lot of time
great
Manager, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to work and make a great income along with very competitive opportunities for rapid advancement if you are the right individual and willing to really bust your butt.
A great experience!
Office Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2014
A great experience learning a lot about Vacuum Cleaners, Air Purifiers, Water Purifiers.
Pros
work a comfortable schedule.
Cons
short breaks.
Given the nature of the business being direct sales of high-end products, the job is very inconsistent and can be stressful
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 9, 2014
A typical day of work usually begins with a quick sales meeting. After that I review my schedule of appointments and/or the schedules of any other salesmen or trainees I have at the time. Then I proceed to whatever area I'm working and either service the customer or demonstrate and try to sell new product. My responsibilities can vary from day to day depending on what time of year it is and how many sales reps I have currently active. Sometimes I spend most of my time in a managerial role by keeping in contact with my field reps while in the office, and other times there are weeks where I'm running appointments myself to be of service to my customer base. There tends to be high turnover given the company is direct sales, selling more for more products and only offering full commission to new sales reps, so retaining new reps is without question the most difficult part of my job. As is almost all sales jobs, there are highs and lows, so the most enjoyable part of my day to day work is closing sales and making money.
Pros
ability to make more than a fixed salary, work hour flexibility when needed
Cons
the nature of the business is very old fashioned, questioning the future of the company
This is a personal shared business
CEO (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
I have learned the stress and business sense of owning your own company
Pros
flexible
Cons
24 hour a day stress
Office
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEFebruary 12, 2014
It's a typical office environment where you work alone, and interact with customers, I learned about repairing air machines, heaters, vacuums, and water purifiers.
Pros
occasional commission based bonuses
Cons
no lunch breaks, or breaks, no one to cover office.
Great Product
sales rep (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTJanuary 24, 2014
Love the Vacuums here, i don't care for all the driving. i would spend from 9am to 5pm driving.
I really miss this part of my life
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2013
Hard to review Aerus with the new structure. I can only speak about pre-franchised Aerus. It was a tremendous opportunity for me. This company helped me grow in so many ways. If you were lucky enough to be hired by the right manager, you could go as far with this company as you were willing to go. You did need someone to help with the initial learning curve of sales, and many didn't get so lucky. However, if you had the burning desire to succeed and you believed in both yourself and the opportunity, you could realistically change your life. I spent 10 years with them, and I miss it.
Pros
the one job i've ever had, which i got out of it, exactly what i put into it.
Cons
company has franchised out and lost corporate structure
Productive and a fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCAugust 28, 2013
Very nice company to work for. Had meetings everyday, the people were great to be around and the boss alwys keep us interested in the job. The hardest part of the job was the cold calling and going to peoples houses that had bad dogs. The most important part of the job was making the sale.
Pros
making the sale
Cons
no benefits
Did a little of everything in the course of a day
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 14, 2013
Enjoyed working with customers in having a clean healthy living enviroment,
Productive and Fun
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEJune 3, 2013
In order to succeed in a company like Aerus, you have to be highly self-motivated as most of the work was up to the employee him or herself. A typical day at the office would have been our team meeting in the morning and then from there on, we were on our own cold calling, canvassing, and prospecting new clientele. It was a face paced environment with friendly co-workers. My favorite part of the job was having the chance to meet new people on a day to day basis, traveling, and the ability to "be your own boss".
Good place to work sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport/Brewer, MaineApril 1, 2013
Mostly on a commission-only basis, this job does allow you to advance within the company and earn a very good income. This position, however, would not benefit someone who is not driven to get out in the field each day and earn the money. Many sales classes were available to participate in, taught by a sales-guru who owns three franchises in Maine which tweaked everybody's sales technique into a more efficient and successful process.
Pros
no limit to how much money you can make in the field
Cons
can't sit back and earn salary, hard work = income
Aerus/ Electrolux
Managerial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2013
Great company to work for. I enjoyed my experience as a salesperson and managerial secretary here. Not a bad place to work for.
Pros
experience and knowledge
An educational place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 15, 2012
A typical day at work consists of doing air quality test and purifications at customers homes. Providing excellent customer service to my clients. I have learned the importance of clean air in the home. I have a management team that works closely with and train their employees so that they can give excellent service and knowledge to our customers. My co-workers and myself get along very well, we help each other and train each other so we may exceed and be successful in our career.The hardest part of my job is canvassing door to door, because of the way things are these days people are not apt to let people that they don't know into their homes but once I am in the home and do an air quality demostration the customers normally openely welcomes me. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and educating them about healthy homes.
Very Satisfying
Branch Manager & Independant Dealer (Former Employee) –  New Casle, PA and Youngstown, OHJune 24, 2012
Over a sixteen year span, I was a store manager for two different periods, but mainly an independent dealer overall.
Pros
i enjoyed being self-employed and regulating my own work hours.
Cons
high amounts of windshield time that was costly due to high gas prices.
This position was a hard knock position.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 21, 2012
I would go out and knock on doors or go to appointments and sell our products. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers.
The hardest part of the job was handling the rejection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerus. Our community is ready to answer.