Aetna Building Maintenance is an established multi-state industry leader in facility services. We are currently seeking an experienced, full time EHS & Risk Management Administrator who is motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented. This position will perform various duties related to the administrative aspects of EHS and Risk Management.
Responsible for processing and coordinating EHS response data, vulnerability analysis, consequence management capability assessments, with Security and Emergency Management initiatives. Working with public and private organizations to implement emergency response policies and procedures. To assure emergency management procedures are updated and in place and meet all federal, state and local requirements.
1. Coordinate with management on disaster response plans or crisis management activities, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural (e.g., crisis management incidents, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes). Assist with the implementation of the Health and Safety and Emergency Action Plans as established.
2. Conduct audits of systems to continuously improve the safety/emergency response program working closely with the Crisis Management Teams/Field Operators, Technical Operations, Human Resources, and Managers.
3. Knowledge of EPA guidelines and standards.
4. Applicable process management knowledge for hazardous waste disposal.
5. Develop and maintain liaisons with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment. Collaborate with other officials in order to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
6. Develop, track and perform tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
7. Collect, compare and organize data to populate regulatory database (“EHS”), requirements. Data include, Emergency Drill Response Data, municipality contacts, composition, physical/chemical properties, toxicological and other information necessary to develop risk assessments. Assist in development of risk assessments and Safety Data Sheets standardization in later phases of project.
8. Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs that will need to be addressed in disaster planning, or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
9. Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions in order to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
10. Respond and track Corrective Actions for corporate reporting.
11. Conduct and participate in site specific assessments and audits that require travelling requiring overnight stays.
12. Respond to agency, management, facility safety concerns.
13. Schedule and maintain medical monitoring tracking as required for Personal Protective Equipment needs.
14. Manage personal air and noise monitoring results.
15. Keep informed of federal, state and local regulations affecting emergency plans, and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations.
16. Communicate and work effectively with others working on team driven projects.
17. Assist remote locations.
18. Other duties and projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety, industrial technology, or related field.
2. Three or more years of experience in applicable field.
3. Crisis Management experience preferred.
4. Ability to travel to include overnight stays (30-35% travel requirement)
5. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
6. Excellent communication skills with ability to reinforce changes in methods and procedures.
7. Ability to work well with others and work in a team environment.
Salary is $40,000 - $45,000 Annually. This is a Full Time position with Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance) as well as 401K. Overnight Travel will be required up to 35% to Client sites. A valid Driver's License is required.
Qualified employees must be able to pass a national criminal background check as well as a drug screening.