Aetna Building Maintenance

Aetna Building Maintenance Employer Reviews

Uses employees to serve their own purpose
N/A (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 17, 2014
Extremely unprofessional HR person. Had no idea how to properly support employees. Complete joke. She was unprofessional in actions and appearance.
Terrible atmosphere, bully branch manager
manager (Former Employee), OhioMay 24, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: poor management, not enough equipment, not enough staff.
Horrible company to work for. I was hired as a night manager for a large account never showed what to do had a branch manager that could not hardly speak English but thought she was some kind of a genius.never completely staffed three huge buildings to cover and she wanted to write me up for some dust in the hallways. I knew from people and word of – more... mouth that this was a horrible place to work but I needed a job I should have listened to people and not taking that job – less
Recycling Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMay 12, 2014
Decent Pay.
Decent Pay.
WORST JOB, COMPANY, AND MANAGEMENT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED
Conference Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), KCTCS System Office - Versailles, KYApril 18, 2014
Cons: low pay, and management was ridiculous and unprofessional
I accepted this job after a long job search for event-related career opportunities in Kentucky. I wasn't paid what I was worth, but I needed some form of income. My manager was based in another city, and I only saw him about once a week.

He was as unprofessional as they come. He made sexist, inappropriate, and disgusting remarks on multiple occasions, – more... and I've never felt more uncomfortable around another person in my life. He actually referred to one employee's pregnancy as a "condition," and he stated that another female employee should lay her boyfriend's clothes out in the morning because it's a "woman's job."

On another occasion, while he was telling an inappropriate story about human defecation at the reception desk, I asked him, "Do you really think that this kind of story is appropriate for you to be telling at work in front of YOUR employees and clients?" His reply was that I should "get used to it or find another job."

I was let go 2 weeks later (after about 2 months), and the reasons stated were that I was uncooperative, rude to KCTCS staff, and argumentative. However, I don't buy that... I kept every survey from my customers during my time there, and I received EXCELLENT reviews for every single event and customer.

Being unemployed is scary and emotionally difficult, but I hope that my review of this company will persuade others to think twice about working for Aetna Building Maintenance. They are shady. And I would definitely discourage anyone from working for them. – less
longevity with no upward mobility
Day Porter (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: immediate hire
Cons: management not in touch with employees
With this company I had a few good supervisors and worked with a few good team members. AETNA hire employees on the spot and place them at a location unaware of your actual position and the manager may not be aware that you were sent to the location . I learned to worked the floor scrubber which was to scrub warehouse floors and also trained on the – more... forklift. – less
Good people at the branch and HQ support level.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: highly committed branch personnel.
Cons: substandard benefits, senior staff are unskilled in employee relations.
Decisions are not driven far enough down the organization. Senior management must personally approve even $0.25 per hour increases for facilities workers which is unreasonable for a company with over 1600 employees. Benefits are below average. There is no employee development program. Financial measurement systems are routinely changed depending upon – more... the owner's mood. – less
it was nice job but there was no stabiliyt
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pay varied
Cons: no stabilty
liked working the different work sites, the team that I worked with was great though the jobs we worked were only temporarily
awesome job, met lot's of people
cleaner/supervisor (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: perfect schedule
Cons: not a good company
the job was great,the company not so much. they hired mainly young kids who wouldn't do their jobs and the company wouldn't do anything about it
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee), Fort Wright, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Great customers
Easy job duties
Management was not kind
Co-Workers were really positive and uplifting
on the job
maintance (Former Employee), Anderson, INNovember 4, 2013
It was hard work 12 hour shifts in a big factory i enjoyed it but after a while alot of family problems accured on the job
so it didnt work out.
Worked at my own pace.
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Huntington, WVOctober 8, 2013
Pros: plenty of breaks
Cons: lay-offs
I really enjoyed this job. I took a lot of pride in my work. It was greatly appreciated by the customer. I learned a lot about waxing floors. My supervisor was very helpful,and grateful for my work.
Cant wait for it to be over
Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OhOctober 8, 2013
Pros: a check, my team, my manager
Cons: everything else
Im not going to be as nasty as I want could or should be, its a great place to get a pay check that's it! No self accountability with upper management at all!!!, Skeleton work crews and don't get a call off they never have coverage but still expect the work to get done. Its not hard work just a lot. This is a job not a career and don't expect to get – more... acknowledged for the good you do. – less
I worked for them 3 years and got 1 raise.
janitor (Former Employee), Huntington, WVSeptember 14, 2013
Account manager only worked about 5 hrs a week, didn't come to work but got paid OT. Couldn't get supplies, promises bonuses then gives them to account manager knowing they did not get Aetna new accounts. No extra help if people called off. Account manager wasn't there so our work wasn't checked. Co workers talked very nasty at the lunch table, also – more... did little things to other employees but nothing was ever done about it. Also stayed in breakroom for 2-3 hrs at a time instead of working. Maybe if they had a good, hard working account manager things would be better. – less
great place upper managment needs improvement bad
Also work hand (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: flex time
Cons: pay managment over worked
the work load is sometimes to much but its ok the pay needs to be more your co workers some what ok
????????
Night Manager (Current Employee), Columbus OhioAugust 22, 2013
Pros: ???????
Cons: health care, chance for advancement
??????? Manage the Night crew of 11 staff members, my co-workers are mostly from South Africa and we provide complete building maintenance for Abercrombie & Fitch.
Very laid back self motivating job.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: digusting
Cleaned restrooms and dusted cubicles. I liked this job because i could work at my own pace. Another plus is the management team communicate very well.
ok company to work for
Custodain/Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 19, 2013
good company to work for if you want an easy going job that can help u pay bills. can easily be a good job for college students on summer vacation.Management could be a little better. Professionalism of supervisors could be better as well.
It is a secure place to work in!
General Cleaner (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 13, 2013
Pros: wonderful and professional
The company seems to be wonderful and professional. They keep enough supplies on hand to do the job seems to be going wonderfully. I believe it will work very great for myself and the other people and management. Their is no dislikes only great things about the company.
Nice place to work easy day
Crew Member (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: short hrs
Cons: no perks
I like working there its a nice place to come every day the people are nice and the day goes by quick.
Fun work place.
Maintenance, floor tech, worker (Former Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: 401k, healthcare
I learned how to use equipment such as carpet machines, wax stripper, riding scrubbers and buffers.