Aetna Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

traveling time
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2016
hours here are hard to come by,have to travel to get your hrs,which is hard on the wallet,,and starting pay not great,other than that ,people were great to work with
Pros
hrs
Cons
to much travel
Fun invironment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day was going in getting my cart ready, do my inventory of supplies. I worked alone as a janitor. The hardest part of my job was stripping and waxing the floor.
Pros
Great client, Great Boss
Cons
No health Insurance
not a job for a lazy person
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 18, 2015
The job is okay, depending on what shift you work on. Some employees are cool, some are messy. Overall, I would not go back to work for the company.
I enjoyed working with the company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 28, 2015
I would go in AEP building in Point Pleasant WV, open my closet doors .. Get my stuff ready to start cleaning the down stairs first .. Making sure everyone has a clean office when they come in the next morning
Pros
I made less the men did
Cons
I worked independantly with out my manager being around
Absolutely Horrible! Beware!
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 11, 2015
Terrible place to work, always understaffed and I was at 2 different buildings. Paychecks wrong often. Had to contact corporate HR to get short pay because local HR doesn't do her job. She Never answered the phone or returned your phone call. I got in trouble for contacting corporate after 2 months of trying to get paid for 14 hours I was short. Management is a joke, they only care about themselves and covering their own mistakes. Told to Lie to contracted building personnel about being understaffed, shifts not being covered and not having adequate training if they asked. Aetna Never gives pay raises. Too much work because of being understaffed. Ran out of supplies often. Shift supervisor could not keep personal issues and work separate. I was given building supervisor's responsibilities on top of my own. That's 2 shifts worth of work crammed on one employee. She became very vindictive when I told her I didn't have enough time to get my own work done on top of hers. After that she cut my hours, purposely did things to sabotage my work and wrote me up for things that weren't true and could be proven untrue. Friday third shift is not covered even though it's in the contract. Was told to Lie about this too if I was asked. It isn't covered because supervisor works third shift and she wants 3 day weekends so she works 4 ten hour shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. It is in the contract that all shifts are covered and the contracted building is very picky so it's a matter of time before Aetna loses this contract which causes job stability issues. Ran out of supplies often, laundry  more... wasn't done on time so we ran out of mop heads and towels in addition to chemicals. Unprofessional place to work. They don't care about employees.  less
Pros
Work Alone Often (thats good and bad)
Cons
Unprofessional Managent/Supervisors, Paychecks Wrong, No Raises, Understaffed, Make You Lie To Contracted Building Personnel, Ran Out of Supplies Often, Too Much Work for Very Few Employees
Productive and focused for results
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2015
Managing work processes and people which is a challenge I enjoy. Very dynamic and constantly changing. Very customer service focused industry.
Okay.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 15, 2015
It's a job, nothing more nothing less. Go in, clean, leave. I didn't work with anyone else so it was pretty stress free and easy.
its okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 10, 2014
Its just a job is all I can say about this company. There is not much to say about it.
Pros
its a job
Cons
low pay, high expectations, no support
Uses employees to serve their own purpose
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 17, 2014
Extremely unprofessional HR person. Had no idea how to properly support employees. Complete joke. She was unprofessional in actions and appearance.
Pros
Terrible atmosphere, bully branch manager
manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 24, 2014
Horrible company to work for. I was hired as a night manager for a large account never showed what to do had a branch manager that could not hardly speak English but thought she was some kind of a genius.never completely staffed three huge buildings to cover and she wanted to write me up for some dust in the hallways. I knew from people and word of mouth that this was a horrible place to work but I needed a job I should have listened to people and not taking that job
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
poor management, not enough equipment, not enough staff.
Worst job, company, and management I have ever experienced
Conference Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KCTCS System Office - Versailles, KYApril 18, 2014
I accepted this job after a long job search for event-related career opportunities in Kentucky. I wasn't paid what I was worth, but I needed some form of income. My manager was based in another city, and I only saw him about once a week.

He was as unprofessional as they come. He made sexist, inappropriate, and disgusting remarks on multiple occasions, and I've never felt more uncomfortable around another person in my life. He actually referred to one employee's pregnancy as a "condition," and he stated that another female employee should lay her boyfriend's clothes out in the morning because it's a "woman's job."

On another occasion, while he was telling an inappropriate story about human defecation at the reception desk, I asked him, "Do you really think that this kind of story is appropriate for you to be telling at work in front of YOUR employees and clients?" His reply was that I should "get used to it or find another job."

I was let go 2 weeks later (after about 2 months), and the reasons stated were that I was uncooperative, rude to KCTCS staff, and argumentative. However, I don't buy that... I kept every survey from my customers during my time there, and I received EXCELLENT reviews for every single event and customer.

Being unemployed is scary and emotionally difficult, but I hope that my review of this company will persuade others to think twice about working for Aetna Building Maintenance. They are shady. And I would definitely discourage anyone from working for them.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, and management was ridiculous and unprofessional
longevity with no upward mobility
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
With this company I had a few good supervisors and worked with a few good team members. AETNA hire employees on the spot and place them at a location unaware of your actual position and the manager may not be aware that you were sent to the location . I learned to worked the floor scrubber which was to scrub warehouse floors and also trained on the forklift.
Pros
Immediate hire
Cons
Management not in touch with employees
Good people at the branch and HQ support level.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2014
Decisions are not driven far enough down the organization. Senior management must personally approve even $0.25 per hour increases for facilities workers which is unreasonable for a company with over 1600 employees. Benefits are below average. There is no employee development program. Financial measurement systems are routinely changed depending upon the owner's mood.
Pros
Highly committed branch personnel.
Cons
Substandard benefits, Senior Staff are unskilled in employee relations.
it was nice job but there was no stabiliyt
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2014
liked working the different work sites, the team that I worked with was great though the jobs we worked were only temporarily
Pros
pay varied
Cons
no stabilty
awesome job, met lot's of people
cleaner/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 28, 2014
the job was great,the company not so much. they hired mainly young kids who wouldn't do their jobs and the company wouldn't do anything about it
Pros
perfect schedule
Cons
not a good company
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Great customers
Easy job duties
Management was not kind
Co-Workers were really positive and uplifting
on the job
maintance (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 4, 2013
It was hard work 12 hour shifts in a big factory i enjoyed it but after a while alot of family problems accured on the job
so it didnt work out.
Worked at my own pace.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 8, 2013
I really enjoyed this job. I took a lot of pride in my work. It was greatly appreciated by the customer. I learned a lot about waxing floors. My supervisor was very helpful,and grateful for my work.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Lay-offs
Cant wait for it to be over
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhOctober 8, 2013
Im not going to be as nasty as I want could or should be, its a great place to get a pay check that's it! No self accountability with upper management at all!!!, Skeleton work crews and don't get a call off they never have coverage but still expect the work to get done. Its not hard work just a lot. This is a job not a career and don't expect to get acknowledged for the good you do.
Pros
A check, my team, My Manager
Cons
everything else
I worked for them 3 years and got 1 raise.
janitor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 14, 2013
Account manager only worked about 5 hrs a week, didn't come to work but got paid OT. Couldn't get supplies, promises bonuses then gives them to account manager knowing they did not get Aetna new accounts. No extra help if people called off. Account manager wasn't there so our work wasn't checked. Co workers talked very nasty at the lunch table, also did little things to other employees but nothing was ever done about it. Also stayed in breakroom for 2-3 hrs at a time instead of working. Maybe if they had a good, hard working account manager things would be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8