Aetna Employee Reviews

Satisfying
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 21, 2017
busy days
learned different skills and different departments
manager nice
like my coworker
hardest part is to hear calls from very ill members and family members
Great company to work for.
Plan Sponsor Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 21, 2017
Aetna offered excellent amenities, good salary, fast paced work culture. There is a strong loyalty by employees, good company benefits, and opportunities for advancement. The workplace culture is professional, but relaxed in some departments.
Pros
good company values, strong culture, good trainings, opportunities to move ahead.
Hires and fires
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLNovember 20, 2017
This job provides great pay.
They Hire just like they fire.
Most likely to hire you though an agency.
Poor management and communication.
More like a job,not a career
Aetna
Medicaid/Medicare Associate (IBQA) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2017
Aetna is a good job. I enjoyed working from home. This helped because I don't care mush for driving in bad weather. I did enjoy working with my coworkers.
Job Elimination
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 20, 2017
Aetna will create a leadership role for you and in less than a year, eliminate that role to cut costs. This creates terrible morale for the team that watches you work hard and career advance, then they fire you and send out an all associates email with no warning that your name will be included.
relaxed work place
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2017
learning about cleaning material was awesome.my co-workers were great.the most enjoyable part was being able to look out at jacksonville.Management was great.
Pros
soothing break room
Cons
co-works or team players
Work-life balance
Manager, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2017
I was able to work from home and enjoyed a positive work-life balance. The management at Aetna was very flexible. I enjoyed managing a small team in their Learning and Development area.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of decision making
Great company
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2017
Aetna is a very inclusive company. They have very good benefits and employee engagement.
Promoting is difficult unless you have a special skill set or know someone who can help you move up.
There are a lot of opportunities for training.
Management varies by department and person.
Work-life balance is encouraged by the company.
The company overall is very forward thinking but there are still a lot of people who want to hold on to doing things the same old way.

I would recommend this company to others who are seeking a somewhat stable working environment with decent pay and regular hours.
Pros
cafeteria, gym, reimbursement for wellness expenses
Cons
Difficulty to promote without knowing someone
Stressful to work for
Complaint & Appeal Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 17, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance is non-existent at his company. Seems that they only care about numbers and not their employees. Trying to just a get day off that one is entitled to was impossible. You would put in for a day three months ahead of time and still waiting for an approval the week of you need it. Seems the supervisor I had didn't bother to read her emails.
Pros
The only nice part of the job I had was working at home.
Cons
Due to working at home, supervisor and management felt you were available 24/7.
Lots of perks
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 17, 2017
The company offers lots of incentives to improve health. FitBit & Apple watches provided at a discount. Also extra health care dollars can be earned with exercise.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Stressful when under deadlines
Health Risk Educator Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
The Health Risk Educator position was related to commercial health insurance. As the company continues to adjust to the marketplace, the position was eliminated. If you are not flexible, this company is not for you!
Pros
tremendous benefits
Cons
continous change
Great while it last
Cloud Security Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2017
It was great working here, felt I had a lot of autonomy. I would recommend people to work here, but expect politics like in every big corporation. There was enough support but restructuring occurs quite a bit
Job review
Health Concierge (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for Aetna and they gave me the training and encouragement I needed to be successful. The hardest part of the job was the time restraints. The most enjoyable was all the people I was able help with their health insurance needs.
An excellent place to work
I/T Program Manager (Current Employee) –  NEW JERSEYNovember 16, 2017
Great work-life balance.

Positive employee experience in all functional activities.

Employees are treated fairly.

Overall experiences at the copany provided excellent exposure to all aspects of the organization. Very positive balance between it and business.
Accounts
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 16, 2017
Aetna culture is has a split personality. Making great changes in the market place but down on the floor it is a different world. Frequent reorgs and layoffs.
Pros
Great plans to change healthcare.
Cons
Trust is an issue there, promises are not kept.
Overall Good
Coordinator/HEDIS (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 15, 2017
First supervisor was great. Last was poor. Company lost contract with Missouri Medicaid so our department was eliminated. Miss my first supervisor. Would work for him again anytime.
Enjoyable, work place nice people
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 15, 2017
fast paced, always busy, diverse, open, friendly, culture. enjoyed working w/ the hospitals ,updating contracts. Hard when Governor D.M. shut us down.
Pros
friendly, fast paced real work
Cons
parking, shut down
Great place to Advance and be Challenged.
Vice President, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 15, 2017
My experience at Aetna was diverse and challenging, which allowed me to expand my experience and confidence rapidly.

I was able to rise fairly rapidly to an executive level with board relations.
Pros
Rapid Advancement
Cons
Work/Life Balance; Corporate Culture Coldness
production
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 15, 2017
Aetna is a great place to work, very calm atmosphere and very employee friendly. I have learned multiple things working in this environment. It is culture diversified. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with our customers and providers. I don't have a hard part of my job I just would like to recognized for my hard work and compensated better.
Pros
salary based
Cons
not enough pay
Great cutlure of diversity
Underwriter/Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2017
Great culture of diversity. I love the work and the team I work with are amazingly supportive from senior management to my co workers. The work is detail oriented and provides great satisfaction on a daily bases.
Pros
Great culture of Diversity
Cons
East coast based company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.