Aetna Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,569 reviews matching the search
Good Place to work , but requires a lot of improvement
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 23, 2016
Aetna used to be a great place to work for career advancement.
Due to poor resources that are brought on-board recently by vendor management , the overall work quality is not the same anymore.
Many good resources were let go due to internal politics
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 21, 2016
My day would start by opening and sorting and delivering mail and supplies for the office. Using spreadsheets to input data into the systems.

I had great co-workers we worked as a team to solve issues.

I most enjoyed being able to use all my skills to complete all tasks.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
losing my job
Lacks good leadership
Claims Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 21, 2016
Management lacks good leadership skills. Many positions get outsourced lack of job security unlike the prospects when employee first starts the position.
Job overload
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 21, 2016
The work was frustrating do to the constant change in policies. It was time sensitive and the load of work to be done was overwhelming.
Pros
Nice people in the office
Cons
Fast past office with a work load that was months behind.
My Review of Work
Inbound Queue Associate (Current Employee) –  WalnuJune 20, 2016
Aetna is an okay company to work for. The pay is decent. Most positions are either work at home or they are outsourced overseas. There is not much to say about management. Employees pretty much supervise themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing knowing how to deal with difficult callers. The environment can be very fast paced but also laid back. Everyone is every department pretty much keeps to themselves.
good benefits
SR. HEALTH CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2016
In the beginning things were good, then management started leaving, supervisors left and were not replaced, at times we felt alone. But through team work and working together we managed to get through open enrollment.
Aetna
Senior Care Manager Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
At Aetna, I worked out of my house for 9 years supervising 21 Mental Health Care Specialists. I felt that I needed to return to being a direct care manager versus working out of my house with no direct involvement with colleagues. I care very deeply for my clients to help them live a life to their fullest.
Exciting place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29223June 16, 2016
I have learned so much working at Aetna. I enjoy the work that I do and my co-workers are all team players which makes my job easy.
Customer Service Agent
IQA (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2016
Enjoyed working with the company. Great company to work for. Great experience good hours cant complain at all. Wish the contract would have lasted longer.
Room for advancement
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2016
I enjoy working at Aetna. In my current position I work on several projects and there is never a dull moment. I never have the same day twice. The management and CEO are supportive and do all they can to encourage employee growth. It is possible to advance higher in the company if one desires.
Pros
Work at home is available
Minimal room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 14, 2016
Good company to work for as far as pay, horrible management in the New Albany office. They're currently outsourcing all of the work to other countries. They promise employee's there will be no job lay off's then months later laying off numerous employee's in each area including management.
Pros
Pay
Modern Day Sweatshop
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 14, 2016
incerdibly understaffed, impossible workload, 50-60 hours per week expected and needed, all paperwork, no real focus on members, constantly changing priorities, lack of effective management, poor supports. Your talent and experience is not appreciated, only your ability to work under horrible pressure
Pros
Work from home, travel reimbursement
Cons
Impossible workload
Strong company purpose
FRONT END/UI DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 14, 2016
"I help people get jobs" is the motto around here. Job-seeker experience first.

Management bestows ownership on all Indeed employees. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is valuable.

Incredibly smart and friendly people.
Productive place to work.
Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 14, 2016
Nice place to work. Learning about all types of insurance claims. Good people to work with. Able to move up within the company. good benefits.
Pros
Growth within the company.
Cons
Need degrees to get with the company or know someone who work for the company.
Good Atmosphere and positive workplace
Associate Provider Data Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 13, 2016
My experience at Aetna was great. I enjoyed going to work everyday as the people there were very helpful. I also learned a great deal from my peers and management team which will help me in future job positions.
Place to grow.
WC Integrated Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
Although I was laid off due to restructing and my job was sent overseas, this was a great company to work for. Always rewarded for job skills and opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Good medical benefits, cross training, management support.
Cons
Many jobs have been sent overseas.
A day in the life
Executive Director, Senior Supplement Insurance (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 11, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in three verticals - healthcare, automotive, and household appliances - albeit in operations and/or customer service, however, I have been able to leverage best practices and approaches not previously thought about. My day is all abot finding ways to take the complexity out of processing and to simplify how we do business. I have learned the voice of the customer is key to any solution or launch. I enjoy mentoring and working with people - I pride myself on being hands on but not to the point of micro managing or crippling others growth. I am seen as a change agent, non traditionalist that comes from working in many industries.

The people I work with are top notch - they have adopted the "I will not lose one customer because of me" mentality. When we are all focused on the right things - great things happen.
Pros
Good people, innovative, never a dull moment
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Training review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2016
While in training, I have maintained all test scores and have been on time everyday and missed no days. I am very active in class and am always sure to answer questions and participate in class.
enjoyable and fun workplace
Creative director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2016
At Aetna there was great management. Team members were outgoing, cooperative, and friendly. From this job I learned how to work in different environment and interact with new and different people.
Nice place to work
Complaint Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2016
Aetna is a great place to work. They have a great business model and great upper management. Their busniess model is second to none.
Pros
great company
Cons
benefits could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.