Aetna

Aetna Employee Reviews

Pre-Authorizations
Pre-Autorizations (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2015
Great company to work for and really outstanding co-workers. Love my field I work in and looking for a long-term position
Great enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Need to make more money
I really enjoyed working from Aetna. A typical day would explain to a customer there mental health benefits. If a customer need more help finding a provider would transfer calls to other departments.
Poor
Appeals (Current Employee), Blue BellJuly 28, 2015
compensation is too low for the type of work being performed
people tend not to be friendly
they do not value education
Not a great place to grow
Productive, Telework Employee
Sales Support Consultant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Work at Home Fulltime
Cons: Traveling far to work
My typical day for my current job consists of various job functions on the computer. I am an underwriter, I am a team leader, I handle installations, I handle setting up cases to go to our underwriting shop. I stay very organized which makes me extremely productive on a daily basis. I work excellent under pressure and under tight deadlines.
Use to be a productive and great place to work.
Sales Associate Small Group (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Use to be a productive and great place to work. Due to change in management there is no Job Work/Life Balance. They need to value the employees and not set them up for failure.
Great company to rep.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Competitive Medicare-based products.
Cons: There was a period of time when Aetna was not in the Medicare market.
Aetna provided good leadership and had very competitive Medicare-based products to sell. They had effective marketing campaigns to drive inbound sales calls.
Periodic lunches, ice cream/cupcake socials and dress down days
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
I generally follow a routine every morning and every afternoon before leaving for the day. Once I am organized, I am able to handle the unplanned, spur of the moment tasks thrown at me.
I love learning new things such as computer systems, diagnoses, medications, etc.
I have no problems following orders and have great respect for my superiors. I have had some strong leaders who have taught me to be very efficient at the tasks I am given. I am a very detailed person so I do well with education from those with experience.
I love my coworkers. I usually become friends with my co workers quickly and love team work.
The hardest part of my most recent job was when I did not have a clear understanding of what was being asked of me. With a positive and clear explanation, I can deal with any tasks given to me.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I have of a great day's work. I need to feel accomplishment and that what I do for a living makes a difference.
I love to hear that I have really helped someone's day or that I really helped out a co worker needing support.
Aetna
restroom porter (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2015
A typical day is confusion. I really didn't learn anything. Management they are unpredictable they like to change hour the next day. Co-workers are nice.Hardest part of the job is setups. Enjoyable part is breaks and going home.
I had an opportunity to work with a system that has been proven throughout the industry in managed healthcare.
Recently employed as Care Manager (Former Employee), Batesville, MSJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Work from home with some travel.
Cons: Numerous spreadsheets and changes throughout the program
My typical work day may begin at 4 a.m. - early riser. As a Care Manager, I reviewed all pertinent patient information as retrieved and entered into the Care Management Program. Constant communication with my team of nurses, social worker, physicians, ACO Executive Director, and ACO Medical Director allowed us to manage those patients at highest risk. Quality data retrieval illuminated the needed quality improvements for continued care. I enjoyed this new endeavor. I regret that as a management team, we did not have enough time to prove that this ACO management program would absolutely improve quality care and improve utilization.
Good management and Flexible
Analyst (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 20, 2015
Aetna is one of the leading Health insurance company in the nation.

Very competitive and good WAH program with good compensation program.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2015
great place to work, fast paced environment. Trainers were great. Sups are very willing to help you succeed. For a call center the pay is good.
Newark, De Office
customer service (Former Employee), Newark,DEJuly 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
Terrible location to work at. Pay is good only because they make you pay for insurance out of your own pocket with super high deductibles. Manager and supervisors for this location micro-manage, they are always in your personal business. Favoritism is their specialty. you have to tell someone if your in the bathroom for more than 5 minutes . they monitor your every move. supervisors never care to help but always there to make sure your review is terrible. this location is terrible. the company in general is decent.
Receptionist/data entry
Receptionist and data entry clerk (Former Employee), Allentown PAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great benifts good working condtions
Cons: maintaining data entry production while answer phone and great Policy holders
Answer calls Greeted policy holders/Data entry

There little down time on phone and data entry. Love to meeting people coming in.Enjoyable working conditions
Productive Place to work.
FRAP Analyst (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2015
Pros: reasonable lunch and break times
Cons: short breaks; and micro-managing environment
It's the place for you if you like computer and data entry work. Management helps you see all the details about the job; There's good training; and you'll always find interesting people to work with.
Stressful work environment.
Integrated Specialist (Former Employee), 3611 Queen Palm Dr., Tampa, FL 33619July 14, 2015
Pros: The company had good benefits.
Cons: The work load was to high and stressful.
Start the day with a work load for two people. I learned to listen to the employees and their needs to do their job correctly.
Great company to work for.
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2015
Very diversified work atmosphere. Company encouraged advancement. Provided tools and resources who wanted to advance. Provided necessary information to do the job at hand.
Productive environment
Sr. Eligibility Consultant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 12, 2015
The company I worked for is Coventry. It was acquired by Aetna. The CEO Mark Bertolini is a true visionary and I expect this company's success to continue making great strides.
Fortune 50 Company
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Incentives
Industry leader in Health Awareness for employees and members.
On the cutting edge of technology.

Typical day includes working with other co-workers and management to process medical claims and reviewing provider contracts

Although claims can range from simple to complex, I and my team mates have a strong support system... We are always there for each other..
The company makes working here a valuable experience in many ways.
Network Account Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
Aetna lives and works by a set of core values. Which allows employees to grow professionally. There are many tools and opportunities available that support creativity, innovation and integrity.
Focused on productivity
Case Management Consultant RN/Concurrent Review RN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
This was a work at home job. It was hard for me to keep track of how many hours I actually worked and found myself working many, many more hours than I was scheduled to work. I usually outworked the productivity metrics because I outworked myself and the others. I never could figure out when to stop working. I really enjoyed my job and could work well into the night. I worked so many hours because I liked it, and it did not feel like work to me. I could go on doing it all day and all night, but I feel like I lacked the personal discipline to know when to stop working. Yet, I liked it so much that I did not want to stop. It is what happens when you love doing what you do for a living.
Headquarters