Aetna Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,569 reviews matching the search
Good work culture
Sr .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 7, 2016
Good work culture, fun environment, best cooperative team, supported management. Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the golf industry and outside of it.
Flexible work environment with many different projects
IT Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2016
Develop and manage all key project governance documents, such as the Project Charter, Work Plan, Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Strategy. Learning all about Accountable Care Solutions in working with different Healthcare providers.
Wonderful place to work
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 3, 2016
I have worked for this company for 18 years My typical day at work would be to process incoming claim for physicians and hospitals. I have great support from my supervisor and coworkers,
Pros
Work at home
Cons
No interaction with others
A great place to work
CASE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 2, 2016
During times of recession, this company continues to remain progressive and grow. A stable work environment with many new changes to continue to provide excellent case management services.
Awesome place to work
Aetna Med Part D Coverage Determinations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2016
this company compensates and acknowledges their good workers, there is plenty of room for advancement. over all it is the best company I have worked for besides HEB
Pros
great management
Cons
Great place to work. Work life balance was great. Love that they believe in work at home
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
Other than my job being eliminated after 20+ years, I loved being an employee. I understand it's business. I loved my job, I loved working from home. Every job, company has its pro's and con's, its good and bad. The good definitely outweighs the bad here. I would love the opportunity to go back to Aetna.
Distance
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with the providers and the medical insurance. I learned alot about insurance and how claims are paid.
Pros
Co workers and compensation
Cons
Distance
energetic and supportive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
very upbeat, conservative workplace. Management was efficient and understanding. Management provided comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Gave updated information in an efficient manner.
Good Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2016
This was a good place to work with good compensation and benefits and understanding of when things come up with a family.
Greatt Co-workers
Health Concierge Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 30, 2016
Great team members and great learning myth and great supervisor teams and great company to work for. Company always made us feeling as a value team member for the company
Pros
Great Staffing
Cons
Medical Coverage
Great Place to Work
Reporting, Analysis and Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
Work life balance is availabie in this manufacutering company
Its a great management culture
They have great management
Able to work part-time

Not much more to say
a very enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2016
A typical day would not happen,it would entail a differrent day everyday. My customer service skills on the phone or in person was my top priority and very educational,the people were and still are,were like family.I had no hard assignments,every day was a learning experience for me,and built character and instilled passion for my job.
This is the one . . .
LPN HEDIS Abstractor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 26, 2016
Although I've worked 2 HEDIS seasons as a "contingent" employee, I think any 'good fit for me' employment with Aetna would be a great choice. My experience working with Aetna has been very positive. The mission and culture meets my requirements for matching my personal as well as professional values. After 2 seasonal assignments, I no longer think I just "got lucky" and worked with exceptional people. This is a corporation that is re-inventing itself and the mission is authentic and very progressive. What I found in their management style is that they are professional, humanistic, supportive and can you believe it? . . . humble. My co-workers demonstrated the genuine definition of teamwork. The hardest part of the job was knowing the assignment would come to an end. The most enjoyable part of the job was waking up in the morning and knowing I was a member of a great team. I've always thought that if it's too good to be true . . . well then, it not true. Here's the exception to that rule. This is the one.
Pros
Great training provided
Cons
Transitioning from the old way to the new paradigm
they hire just contractor ,they take them at least 60 days then they hire other people in ther place
prior authorization pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 25, 2016
none stop work, too busy we don't have even time to go to the bathroom
you spend all day in front of your computer , and answering in the phone
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ Broker Support (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2016
the only thing that was good here was the food. this place has lack of leadership and its ghetto. this is not a place where you are able to grow in.
Pros
food
Cons
bad mangement
My work day
Case Manager/Utilization Review RN (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 25, 2016
I do enjoy the work life balance of being able to work at home. It does take a lot of discipline in doing so. I am a Case Manager/Utilization manager: I do precertification's, inpt reviews, retro reviews, assist w/ evacuations and repatriations, I am on the queue from time to time, I am the team trainer for Aetna International as well as successor to my supervisor so I do reports that high dollar forecast. I am utilized as a team resource for both domestic as well as international assistance. I travel when needed for business needs and do training off site at our home office in Hartford, Conn. I enjoy the challenge of reviewing difficult cases and utilizing my knowledge base of almost 20 years of Critical Care nursing where I was a charge nurse and preceptor. I am a very hard worker and I love to teach both staff as well a members who need support during the post d/c period. I am proficient with all systems (5) that I currently use during my work day for Aetna and I am a super user for primary system utilized.
Pros
Working at home
Aetna
Director (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2016
Due to the many layers of management it can be a difficult place to work. Decision making on obvious items takes significant buy-in to acheive. At times, too much busy work on very low priority items.
It was a temporary assignment
Quality Management Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
If you are looking for a temporary position and to learn something new this was great to do. I enjoyed working with the Quality management team and the experience will help me grow as a nurse.
Pros
work at home +++
Cons
temporary position (assignment)
Productive environment with a diversity culture
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 24, 2016
Good work environment and good people. Exceptional learning environment. A good typical day. Learn a lot about people, communication skills enhanced. The hardest part of the job was when budgets were cut, then employment was cut.
Pros
Exceptional learning environment
Cons
Cuts in budget means cuts in employment
Good company to work for.
Utilization Management Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2016
I have learned a lot in my time with Aetna and am proud to represent the company. The culture is amazing. Aetna stands behind their mission statement. I have appreciated being able to be a patient advocate while being a Utilization Nurse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.