Aetna Employee Reviews

Found 2,020 reviews matching the search
Good Working Experience as QA
QA Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 18, 2017
Good Working Experience as QA .Enjoyed working with Team of Developers,BA,Scrum master and Testers.Friendly environment and lot of exposure working with Business client directly and Conducting Demos to them
Good Job security but not a healthy lifestyle
Claim Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2017
At first I thought getting a job at Aetna was such a big deal but there was a constant pressure to stay seated for hours straight to make your quota. Seating for hours made my health decline rapidly. This sedentary work life affected my home life. I do not recommend the "Office Space" work place. I don't believe making Aetna richer and your health/happiness poorer is worth it at all.
Pros
The money was ok and healthcare is good
Cons
Pushy management and stress
Job Overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2017
The phones are very busy all day. It makes the day go by fast!

I have learned how to talk with customers and really listen to their issues/concerns so I can assist them.

The workplace culture is nice. I have my own cubicle to work at and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is that you get one call after another so there is not much time to breath between calls.

I like my co-workers and management and I have learned a lot in a short period of time.
Pros
great co-workers and management
Cons
can be stressful calls
work place culture
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 17, 2017
Enjoyed the idea of rotating Team leads
Getting to know fellow coworkers and to work with diversity
The company provided rewards and incentives to all and to the individuals that went above and beyond
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
ok place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2017
management was out of touch with culture.
otherwise benefits and pay excellent.
some racism in place
virtual environment
co workers always complained
metrics that are challenging to meet
Customer Service and Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2017
Aetna is a great place to work. Lots of incentives to keep production going. Great training. Helpful people with every weekend off. Sometimes overtime but only half a day on Saturday.
Pros
Good benefits with weekends off
Cons
Sometimes hard to meet production goals
Over all a great company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 16, 2017
Great environment, great management. It was a fast pace job so it tended to get a little stressful at times. There was good training and supervisors were always there to help.
Part of a merger
Outreach Coordinator/Quality Navigator (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 15, 2017
I worked for Coventry Cares for a year before the merger with Aetna Better Health (Medicaid Line of Business). The first year after the merger (honeymoon period) everyone (management) was one there best behavior.

Then the influx of work started. My workload more than doubled. Medical benefits are horrible and at yearly review the most you get is 3% raise with a bogus bonus that is taxed at a very high rate (that's how bonuses work). The productivity in the department I worked receives incentive payments in the millions from the Department of Human Services (Medicaid). It's difficult to get motivated during the day to day or the monthly meeting when Aetna as a whole makes millions (CEO) and my work load continues to increase and stress level is overbearing.

Salary are competitive but the medical benefits are costly especially if you have a family.
Pros
High Tech
Cons
medical benefits, bonus, no comradery
Great envoirnment to work
Care Management Associate (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 14, 2017
I have would answer several phone lines in a professional and timely manner to assist patients that may need a precert for certain procedures based upon their insurance plan they have chosen
Great Place
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 14, 2017
Wonderful Company I'd love to work for them again. Never no issues with time off, important or emergencies they may accrue. Learned a lot regarding insurance and medical.
Pros
shift changing, great training, lots of feedback
Aetna
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2017
Aetna customer service is a good company with expanding potential. Everyday is filled with providing quality customer service to Aetna members to ensure company standards and member satisfaction.
A great place
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT HEAD (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 13, 2017
Aetna encourages their employees to learn and grow with the business. The workplace culture is fast which is good. The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated for working hard.
Fast paced work environment
Complex Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 13, 2017
Fast paced. Learned to multi-task. Handling constant change. Management provided minimal training for new projects. Nursing staff not being used in the most productive ways. Working with members with complex needs.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Marginal healthcare benefits
Focus is on wrong things
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 12, 2017
The focus as an Aetna nurse has changed from patient centered to meeting requirements for tasks ensuring a higher star rating .
There is constant change , then the decision to do things the precious way which worked.
They are implementing changes such as weekend work which is mandatory . It was once voluntary and paid at a 60% higher rate then they are currently mandating you must work at
It has really changed. Once a great place to work when it was Coventry
Pros
Great co-worker
Cons
Constantly changing the work flow
Productive and fun place to work
WEB CONTENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 12, 2017
This was AetnaFinancial which became ING when it was purchased. . so this entity no longer exists.

Was a refreshing,tough place to work. . great hard working team in the early days of the web
Pros
Great team
Cons
work life balance
Productive workplace and great working relationsip with coworkers
Social Worker/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
Provide compassionate, effective case management to meet the needs of individuals identified as having long-term rehabilitation and psychosocial needs as a result of birth defects, chronic conditions, illness or injury. Social Worker are responsible for developing and carrying out strategies to coordinate and integrate all acute and long-term care services to members to prevent exacerbations and/or placement of the members in custodial care.
Pros
knowledge/ experienced gained and great coworkers
Cons
medical insurance packages and opportunity for advancement
Aetna
Market Aligned Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2017
I was with this company for 17 years and was blindsided and laid off one day. I would go back in a heartbeat to get my salary back and PTO bank. I miss working there
Productivity
Hedis Abstractor (Former Employee) –  San AntonioApril 11, 2017
good, relaxed environment worked at home flexable ,good job, good coworkers, team workers, good managers. good pay, good experience, hours were great, good motivation
Pros
remote
Cons
not good training
Fully Vested
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2017
The company has modest profits and the CEO earns a modest salary. One nice benefit (they may still do this) was that after 30 days, you are 100% vested in the company.
Friendly, Well organized
QUALITY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2017
I have worked for other companies in the past for the HEDIS project. This experience has by far been the best. Organized and productive training sessions. The Tech and EMR systems are excellent.
Pros
work from home, great communication
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.