Aetna Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,594 reviews matching the search
Aetna was a class A insurance co. to work for.
Accounts Processor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 23, 2016
Aetna was my first job. I was there 24 years before they were bought out by Travelers Insurance. I worked in a dept. called SAFARI when I first started in 1972. This consisted of Data Entry of policies. I then transferred to the claim dept. and was in that dept. until it downsized and Travelers took over. I went to the audit dept. after that and when that was downsized I moved onto the finance dept.
Pros
We had an Aetna I'm Glad I Meet You annual picnic.
Cons
They were bought out by Travelers
Testing skills
QA onsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Aetna is at US. Working in Aetna as a QA lead is challenging, as most of the applications doesnt has proper documentation. So, we have to follow up with BA's and other teams from the application is tested in SIT and delivered to UAT.
Pros
Can connect from home after office hours
Cons
Long hours in week days
not a place to grow
Network Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2016
training is non-existent, its either sink or swim and the work load can be crushing. the only up-side is the ability to work from home. The biggest problem is the disconnect between the goals set out by executive management and what middle management sets out as its goals.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work load, no training, there is no clear path to move up the corporate ladder
Place to grow.
WC Integrated Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
Although I was laid off due to restructing and my job was sent overseas, this was a great company to work for. Always rewarded for job skills and opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Good medical benefits, cross training, management support.
Cons
Many jobs have been sent overseas.
A day in the life
Executive Director, Senior Supplement Insurance (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 11, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in three verticals - healthcare, automotive, and household appliances - albeit in operations and/or customer service, however, I have been able to leverage best practices and approaches not previously thought about. My day is all abot finding ways to take the complexity out of processing and to simplify how we do business. I have learned the voice of the customer is key to any solution or launch. I enjoy mentoring and working with people - I pride myself on being hands on but not to the point of micro managing or crippling others growth. I am seen as a change agent, non traditionalist that comes from working in many industries.

The people I work with are top notch - they have adopted the "I will not lose one customer because of me" mentality. When we are all focused on the right things - great things happen.
Pros
Good people, innovative, never a dull moment
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Good management and fun atmosphere
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2016
Conduct educational meetings for Medicare recipients in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities. Also did inbound calling and outbound calling to enroll new members. Licensed to sell insurance in PA and WV.
Pros
Great view of City
Cons
No flexible schedule
Demanded you live for the company
Supervisor of Operation Services (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 5, 2016
Some people that I worked with at the same level as me, worked 65 plus hours weekly just to try to keep up with job duties. This is across the company, not just in any one location. Aetna always states about the culture- and Jobwork/Life Balance-- as long as your life is Aetna, you can do this.
Great job
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CAJuly 21, 2016
this is a good place to get really experienced in customer service, they teach you dedication, and discipline, and bonus
high volume
great room for advancement
good compensation
great training
Pros
great health benefits/vac/sick
Cons
management not employee friendly
Not a positive workplace
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2016
Company offers up empowerment session, high $ motivational speakers then announces layoffs ever 3-9 months. CEO shows videos of himself around the globe and then announces little to no raises.
Pros
parking is good and fairly priced
Cons
Expensive lunchroom, management always holding lay-offs over everyone
Excellent work at home program
Consultant, Client Operations, (WAH) WI (Former Employee) –  worked from homeMay 9, 2016
I worked for Aetna for over 30 years and learned from some of the best managers/mentors. Sometimes the hours were long but working from home afforded me with great flexibility and I didn't mind it.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
Sometimes long hours
It was a temporary assignment
Quality Management Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
If you are looking for a temporary position and to learn something new this was great to do. I enjoyed working with the Quality management team and the experience will help me grow as a nurse.
Pros
work at home +++
Cons
temporary position (assignment)
Good company to work for.
Utilization Management Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2016
I have learned a lot in my time with Aetna and am proud to represent the company. The culture is amazing. Aetna stands behind their mission statement. I have appreciated being able to be a patient advocate while being a Utilization Nurse.
Provider Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 2, 2016
A very friendly atmosphere to work. Employees treat as family by management. A lot of interaction between frontline employees and management. Room for advancement. Continuos training for all employees. Encouragement by management to improve, grow and advance.
Good Atmosphere and positive workplace
Associate Provider Data Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 13, 2016
My experience at Aetna was great. I enjoyed going to work everyday as the people there were very helpful. I also learned a great deal from my peers and management team which will help me in future job positions.
Fear of the Unknown
Medicare Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
With the impending "merger" of the behemoths, Aetna & Humana, many feel out of the loop as far as what is to come. Other than the typical company communication both factions are hoping for the best but anticipating the worse. No news isn't always good news.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Local support is lacking
Productive place to work.
Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 14, 2016
Nice place to work. Learning about all types of insurance claims. Good people to work with. Able to move up within the company. good benefits.
Pros
Growth within the company.
Cons
Need degrees to get with the company or know someone who work for the company.
A nice company for beginner
QA analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 14, 2016
The Management provided training were so helpful . Most challenged in job i faced regression testing , logged defect in defect section. .
Testing Data Table in web base application when couldn't find tag . i enjoyed when i search in source code and found about markup for the Data Table .
Poorly managed call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moon Township, PAFebruary 2, 2016
This company was amazing prior to the Aetna acquisition. Only perk of working for Aetna was the increase in minimum wage. The chances for advancement are based on personal relationships with management. Benefits are offered but are horrible. Deductibles are high as well as premiums. Biggest downfall with the company in Moon Township PA, is lack of in-house HR. Managers and Supervisors are incompetent of accessing needed information for new and current employees.
Pros
Great pay, performance based scheduling
Cons
Bad management, horrible benefits, limited advancement
Great mangement
Customer Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2016
The day was so busy, time was fast, almost to fast.Being busy is wonderful.The mangement were great bosses. Most defintely a problem solving postion with the disgruntle customers with complaints. Loved the fact I was able solve problems without supervisor and or team lead involved.
benefits
Cons
pay
Positive atmosphere
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2016
It has been a few years, but at the time, it was a great company to work for/with. I was able to manage Arizona as a Provider Relations territory and loved the job. I enjoyed working with the physician offices to assist them in submitting clean claims, understanding the coverage for their patients and the prior authorization process.