Aetna

Aetna Employee Reviews

Aetna Review
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
My typical day includes answering phones, travel and meeting logistics, processing expense reports and many other duties. I have learned time management and leadership skills. My Sr. Director is a mentor to me and my co-workers come to me for everything. The hardest part of the job is just sometimes 8 hours is just not enough. I am a huge contributor to my operations department and I love it.
No real career oppurtunities
Cobra Benefits/ Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia scMarch 18, 2015
Very busy day. Compensation was really the part that was annoying. We did a lot of work but were not compensated as well as we should have been.
Great management staff
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Township of Moon, PAMarch 16, 2015
I have been in customer service for several years. I like my job as I get to teach new representatives better ways to handle situations.
Relaxed work environment with room for growth
Integrated System Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 16, 2015
Environment is pleasant
Technology is cutting edge
Pay/benefits are competitive
Work day is busy
Hardest part of the job is scheduling time to meet with customers
Enjoyment in this job is the technology you learn
Co-workers are just like me!
Co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2015
Enjoyed the team members and the concept of One-Team that Aetna tried to instill. Liked having the opportunity to train for other positions.
Good Company
Integrated Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FlMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good insurance, healthcare perks, competitive raises
Cons: micromanagement
They are a good company. The management I dealt with wasn't the best and micromanagement is encouraged, but that's in any corporate environment.
SER Case Management
Single Point of Contact, Team Lead, Case Manager (Current Employee), Work at home-FloridaMarch 11, 2015
Great flexibility with working from home. Team members are supportive and lovely to work with. Consistent annual salary increase and merit-based bonuses.
Good workplace with SDLC deliverables
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 11, 2015
Meetings, Deliverables and Phase gate reviews. The Management has good processes for SDLC. CMM Level 3 for the procsses.
Best company I've worked for
Prior Auth Rep/ Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
Everything is great about Aetna! From coworkers to compensation. Very high call volumes, esp during Jan-March. Not very much room for advancement, well at least not in my department, but overall it is still a great company to work for, benefits are awesome!
Productive Place to work however not much advancement with degree
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work from home, incentives for health, celebrations days with food and prizes
Cons: no advancement with or without degree, management not diverse
Enjoyed working with providers and some co workers. Co workers who have been there for years to comfortable, lazy and not productive. Hardest part of the job working with know it all nurses who are lazy and don't want to do their jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job is incentives and being able to work from home.
Proud to have worked for this company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of friendly people
Cons: too many management changes
I loved my job at St. Mary's Hospital.
I had to chance to visit all patient's prior to their discharge.
The position I had was a newly created position and I had
the opportunity to build the policy and procedures for the
department.
Aetna Summary
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 23, 2015
Aetna has great benefits and it is a great place to work. However, it is challenging getting to the necessary answers to complete my daily work tasks.
Exciting new department with lots of advancement opportunity!
Associate Concierge (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: huge advancement opportunities, onsite catering, excellent benefits
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks, bad location for traffic
It's a relatively new department. This was their second Annual Enrollment period. With the unprecedented number of new members came a wave of complications that called for specific teams that handle these complications. This created a massive wave of opportunity like no other. If you ever wanted a chance to move up within a company, there was the place to do it. This was the company to work for.
Great Place to work
Pre-Authorization Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: need to relocate often to advance
I moved to Tampa,Fl to take job with Coca Cola. Worked for them for 8 years. Position was moved to Dallas Texas and didn't want to make another move. Worked from home and loved it. I really miss that position
too new to rate
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2015
too new to rate the many facets of the company with a fair review. The department and position I hold are new and there is no comparison to make against other departments in the company.
Ok
Integrated Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Aetna brought the company I use to work for which is Coventry. Can't really say much about working for Aetna since I left before they took over
Aetna is a stressful place to work
supervisor in Utilization Management Department (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i have a great team.
Cons: poor health care, long hours, lack of leadership, support and recognition
I work 80 hrs per week in order to keep up with my job responsibilities. We were severely understaffed at the start of the contract and it has been almost impossible to hire new staff. It took months to obtain approval to hire new staff and it takes months to get new staff hired. Communication between leadership and other departments is sorely lacking. Despite numerous requests for direction and higher level decision making needs, My department and I have been unable to solve even the most basic problems. Our clinical data systems are unable to function at their capacity, ie, enrollment information is often incorrect. It is extremely difficult to run a managed care complany if you don't know if the person is enrolled or what benefits they have. We cannot even determine with accuracy which provider the members are assigned to and we have to rely on the information the hospital gives us which can lead to HIPAA violations. The best part of my job is my team. They work independently for the most part and manage to do the best job they can do in spite of the poor quality of the data systems that we use.
review
IT Director (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Overall good company to work for. The company provides good work life balance and competitive environment to learn and grow.
A positive experience.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Working for Aetna was a new experience for me as well as the medical/health insurance field. I had been out of the work place for a while and they took a chance on me. It was a position which allowed me to learn a lot about many aspects of the medicaid insurance field.
The management and co-workers were always willing to listen and to mentor.
Great, fun employees
Claims Inbound/Outbound Que Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: lack of career advancement
Great relaxed work environment. Handling a great amount of medical documents and communication via email with adjusters and peers. Must demonstrate great time management skills and punctuality and team work.

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more

Aetna Salaries