Aetna

Aetna Employer Reviews

great job
Medicaid Benefits Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2014
• Signed clients up for medical savings program sending out packets to new and existing customers, and renewed medical savings memberships by up selling products or ensuring client’s were placed on medical savings programs more compatible with needs.
• Assisted client in locating health care providers eligible for participation in medical savings program – more... ensuring ability to utilize program’s value.
• Provided sales support by purchasing materials needed to sell medical savings card, educating agents on sales required to meet commission requirements, and distributing leads to agents for follow-up and closing.
• Assisted sales agents with commission issues including information regarding inability to meet commission requirements, reasons for not meeting full pay out, helping agents receive delayed commission checks, and acquiring approval to waive commission requirements.
• Worked with leadership team on projects to promote business and bring new sales agents on board
• Supervising 10 Agent Support Representatives including managing escalated calls from agents explaining commission structure. Trained support representatives on products. – less
An old style company that is trying to remake itself.
Vice president (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 2, 2014
Leadership is in a state of flux with all the changes taking place in healthcare. May or may not be able to adapt from being a 100 plus year insurance company to changes in the marketplace.
Very dynamic environment
Director, Marketing Strategy and Operations (Current Employee), Portland, MIMay 1, 2014
Very dynamic and demanding. Working with Accountable Care Organizations
Able to work from home
Health Educator / Wellness Coach (Current Employee), FLApril 26, 2014
Excellent opportunity to work from home; great support system; resources available, technical support available
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not a lot of interaction with co-workers
Very much productivity driven. Typical day includes translating, keying, and updating prescriptions. Great importance on staying focused all day.
Productive work environment with avenues for professional development and career advancement.
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2014
Pros: opportunities for mentoring and talent management.
Cons: high cost for health insurance.
Employees are very committed to their jobs and believe that their input makes a difference. Management is responsive to employee suggestions for improvement in business processes.
Call center
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 15, 2014
This is a standard call center environment. Our duties include answering calls, assisting customer with account issues, and providing knowledge about the accounts.
Aetna Review
Care Management Associate (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 14, 2014
Very typical call center environment with lots of changes. Pleasant people to work with. If you are in the medical field or behavioral health, many opportunities, but otherwise not so much.
It's ok
MEDICARE PART D COMPLAINT AND APPEAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAApril 13, 2014
I have a very long commute and deal with a lot of drama. The severe lack of work/life balance in my department makes the job very stressful. I want to stress this is in my specific department. I have been in other departments with Aetna that have been wonderful
productive company
Temp (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 10, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no room for growth
It was a very nice company to work for but no room for growth, learned auditing and oracle
Stale - Micromanaged
Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: everthing else.
Baby sitting a legacy platform that was in desperate need of an overhaul. Micro-managed by my Team lead on her day off, while my colleague was sleeping at his desk.
Old, stale office. UN-motivated team. Management was deaf to making any large improvements.
great place to work
FSA Specialist (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 8, 2014
healthcare reform is probably the worst time to work in healthcare but the company was great!
Overall experience working at Aetna, it was GREAT!
RN Care Consultant (Current Employee), Surprise AZApril 8, 2014
Pros: supportive leadership from mr. bertolini down through all the layers.
Cons: can't think of one.
Aetna was a great company to work for. They have an Excellent documentation system that combines ALL documentation including surveys, narrative notes, authorizations/approval for Home Care and other services needing authorization. The Managers, Supervisors and team members were exceptionally supportive to each of us in our roles. Respect was paramount – more... as peers easily shared their concerns regarding work loads, changes in plans, documentation and etc. the Most enjoyable part of the job was Coaching family members and members regarding their health and healthy choices and providing/arranging for services that supported them in their homes. One really great plus was from the first day - I worked from home- telecommuted. And this is a GREAT benefit. – less
Fortune 500 managed care company
Healthcare Quality QM Consultant (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 3, 2014
Pros: ability to telecommute
Cons: team you work with are located in multiple time zones
Aetna is an international managed care company. Co-workers are very dedicated.
White Collar Sweatshop
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee), New Albany OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: low cost benefits w/ high deductibles; work-from-home
Cons: focus on productivity, lack of coverage, micromanaged
Horrible. Non-stop totally focused on your productivity & QA numbers only. Minimal raise; no incentive to perform at 100% for such a low raise. Very structured with no flexibility, micromanaged to the nth degree. Co-workers are overworked so coverage for vacation time is non-existent. Lots of supervisors and managers, not a lot of staff. The only benefit – more... to this job is being able to work form home. – less
Aetna - a solid company to work for
Manager Clinical Healthcare Services (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2014
Pros: working for a company with a great reputation.
Cons: paying for parking downtown
My day may begin or end with a meeting of the staff or rounds to review case loads, discuss overall member care management, reinforce standards, review protocols, other general and specific clinical duties.Schedule regular one-to-one meetings with my staff to review individual issues, goals, and performance . I have learned to be a mentor and to self – more... evaluate. I am an advocate for my staff. I believe Aetna is a great company to work for. I like the corporate culture very much. The hardest part currently is Aetna is acquiring the company I work for and there are lots of changes going on but I believe it is all good. – less
Co- workers
Director, IT Program Management (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: work/life balance - work at home opportunities
Cons: long working days
Aetna is known for hiring the best of the best. There's a large body of very talented individuals employed by Aetna.
Excellant training program
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 27, 2014
A great place to work! The hardest part was learning all of the programs that you needed to. Overall an enjoyable environment.
Boreing
Precertification/Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee), Addison TexasMarch 26, 2014
I sat in a cubical all day answering in-coming call for medical review and only used clinical outline criteria for approval or denial, Poor compensation and management was only concerned with numbers not quality of care
Enjoyed working from home
LEAD INFORMATICS ANALYST (Former Employee), work from homeMarch 25, 2014
Pros: working from home. opportunity to learn about managed care side of health care.
Cons: working with older tools vs. newer sas bi enterprise sutie.
Hired to work at Aetna with SAS BI Enterprise Suite of products. Aetna never implemented new products. Created web based reporting tool for clients utilizing SAS Intrnet. Reason for leaving: position eliminated in recent downsizing.

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more

Aetna Photos