Aetna

Aetna Employer Reviews

Good place to work with no mico managing
Senior Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: some positions offer work from home
Cons: pay could be better
Typically I spend the day working on a renewal workup, plan changes, or answering question from the field regarding a group.
I have learned about managing risk and renewing profitable business. The management that I work for is open to new ideas and allows me to grow as an employee.
The hardest part of the job is when you work really hard to maintain – more... a case but another carrier comes in with a better price that you just can't beat.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to learn something new every day. – less
Fun place to work at. Also great opportunity to improve learning curve
Team Lead (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 20, 2014
Fun place to work at. Also great opportunity to improve learning curve
Company in Transition
PDS (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 19, 2014
Formerly Coventry Healthcare. This job is currently transitioning over to the Aenta culture. Will update at a later point when we have been fully assimilated to the "Aetna Way."
Not what you expect
Health and Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2014
My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Overall good place t owork
health Care QM Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Unfortunately, Aetna recently acquired Coventry Health Care and I was part of the job eliminations that resulted.
Professional Business Enviroment
Project Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2014
Fast paced
Excellent Customer Service
Outstanding HR & Security team support
Co-workers excellent
Challenge working with other vendors and MCO's
Large company with long history of success
Very professional business behavior in workplace
Employee able to advance and grow skills
An efficent company.
Field Support Technician (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 14, 2014
Pros: the people i get to see every day.
Cons: limited advancement
Aetna is a self service company of do it yourself culture.

Everyone is dedicated to getting the job done. I work with the service desk and LAN Admins to help the customers every day.

Management is there to help and guide you.

The Hardest part of the job is to teach the customers to adapt to the Aetna way of doing business.

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is when I learn a new skill. – less
Productive Workplace
RN Case Manager/ Utilization Review (Current Employee), St. PetersburghMarch 14, 2014
During my time at Aetna, I experienced a multitude of different case circumstances and project goals. Management is helpful to an extent, and the overall corporate culture is productive and fun.

It takes hard work to secure a future with Aetna, at least in my field, and if you're not up to par, they will certainly let you know. You could view this – more... as a pro or a con, I leave it in the middle. – less
A fast-pacing, always changing enviroment
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 13, 2014
Aetna is a fast paced working enviroment, on a typical day you are -expected to handled between 70-80 calls during the busiest season, most of the day is spent on the phones, except for breaks and lunches, calls come in one right after the other and they are a mix of benefit and claim inquiries.
work from home
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2014
was a wonderful opportunity to work from home who believe that mercy is the foundation for lifelong relationships
case mgr
Case Manager RN (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 12, 2014
A busy but nice place to work good life/work balance. case manager since 2003
Great complany with oppurtunities for growth
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Blue Bell, Pa/Work at homeMarch 9, 2014
Worked case managing a diverse population with complex medical needs.
Aetna is totally Coporate...But unfair
Active Health Management (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2014
Pros: education, salary and perks
Cons: underhanded practice of layoffs and downsizing that is not published in the paper...
This company is together in their corporate structure and order...I had no problem with the way this company ran it management style...I only felt dismayed at the outsourcing of an entire department to the Philippines...How are we Americans suppose to live???
poor management style
rn (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: poor management
Demeaning mangers, I carried a caseload of over 100. I worked will with my co workers. I never had a member complain about me.
Great company with excellent benefits
Care Management Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 2, 2014
Responsive and collaborative management.
Focus on diversity and inclusion.
Encouragement to do the right thing for the right reason.
I am a hard worker willing to learn
Case Manager Northern New Jersey/ NER (Current Employee), Blue Bell Pa work at homeFebruary 28, 2014
I feel Aetna Has been a good place to work and I have learned many things there.I enjoy working from home and having te independance to do my job. My day starts at 7:30 and usually goes until about 4:30-5pm.I have learnto manage several tasks at a timeI have been a team lead and a supervisor. The people who worked on my teams found me to be fair,consistant,helpful – more... and a good resource. I work well with other and feel that no job is below me. I pictch in when I can and am always avaluable to answer questions. I love working with the member, teaching and learning new things. – less
Good job if your a full time regular employee
Customer care specialist (Former Employee), Franklin,TNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: didnt get hired as a regular employee
I was working as a temp and didnt get hired on full time. Aetna is great place to work with wonderful people. I was sad to leave the great environment.
Good company requiring huge effort.
Lighting Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: very good compensation.
Cons: 3rd shift work followed by travel.
The typical day involved a 12hr graveyard shift. The work week was 6 days. I did not learn much I simply continued the tasks already Known to me. The company and my coworkers were great. The work schedule was tough but I enjoyed the travel.
Busy, constant change and very challenging.
Provider Systems Information Administrator (Current Employee), West SacramentoFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, work from home options.
Cons: limited advancment options.
My typical day at work includes a very demanding work load. My department has very tight turn around times and they hold us to a high standard of accuracy. Our minimum goal is 99%. I usually have several contracts assigned to me to implement along with several side projects. I'm also the SME (subject matter expert) for the less experienced analyst on – more... the floor. I have enjoyed developing a good working relationships with my co-workers. We rely on one another to problem solve and work thought the more complex implementations.

My management is typically busy with scheduled meetings which usually includes addressing escalated issues from various health plans, running over reports for turn around times/quality issues and deciding on the best course of action to take. We typically re-org several times a year. This would be one of the more challenging parts of my job.

What I have learn is to be very flexible and ready to take on new challenges as the company changes and grows. – less
Nice new building in Hartford
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, CTFebruary 18, 2014
Inviting, energetic productive company with plenty of employees.However Aetna has been working extremely hard in out-sourcing as many departments allowed

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more