Aetna Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,593 reviews matching the search
Aetna
Director (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2016
Due to the many layers of management it can be a difficult place to work. Decision making on obvious items takes significant buy-in to acheive. At times, too much busy work on very low priority items.
It was a temporary assignment
Quality Management Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
If you are looking for a temporary position and to learn something new this was great to do. I enjoyed working with the Quality management team and the experience will help me grow as a nurse.
Pros
work at home +++
Cons
temporary position (assignment)
Productive environment with a diversity culture
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 24, 2016
Good work environment and good people. Exceptional learning environment. A good typical day. Learn a lot about people, communication skills enhanced. The hardest part of the job was when budgets were cut, then employment was cut.
Pros
Exceptional learning environment
Cons
Cuts in budget means cuts in employment
Good company to work for.
Utilization Management Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2016
I have learned a lot in my time with Aetna and am proud to represent the company. The culture is amazing. Aetna stands behind their mission statement. I have appreciated being able to be a patient advocate while being a Utilization Nurse.
Amazing!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 23, 2016
This company cares about the people who work for them! They give raises and are willing to award you for hard work. Their benefits are amazing!
Working at Aetna
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMay 23, 2016
It's an okay place to work. I have learned how to be a better teammate to my workers than what I was before. It was close to where I lived which I consider a plus.
Ncm
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2016
Very busy F CM position. I am new to CM field and it is great learning experience. Due to speaking Spanish , my travel is quite extensive often up to 3 hrs away. Co worker very eager to support team .
Good company minimal advancement opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2016
Good company but minimal advancement opportunity. Enjoyable workplace people very friendly and easy to work with. Company not able to work with family and work life. Requires many late nights and missed lunches
Cons
Work through lunches and after working hours
Testing skills
QA onsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Aetna is at US. Working in Aetna as a QA lead is challenging, as most of the applications doesnt has proper documentation. So, we have to follow up with BA's and other teams from the application is tested in SIT and delivered to UAT.
Pros
Can connect from home after office hours
Cons
Long hours in week days
its coo
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2016
It was coo working there. Nothin special. its a far drive from my house. but its coo. What yall up to. this is crazy. i really have to type all this just to upload my resume
Senior Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 14, 2016
Great place to work, best job I ever had, hope to retire from AETNA in 20 years. Totally Awesome! I absolutely enjoy my job everyday!
Pros
Great PTO
Benefits
Poor Mangerment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 13, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working for Aetna but when it came to my supervisor she could never explain stuff correctly she did not even know the correct workflow and she would stretch showing are members empathy and she couldn't even show her employees empathy and when you and when life happens she would always write you up for every little thing and you always have to keep emails just for your records because she would throw you under the bus so fast.
Big Company, great benefits
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 11, 2016
Great Company to work for. I was only there for a 6 month contract but would have loved to stay longer. Hardest part of the job was getting things moving/approved due to the size of the company.
Good management and fun atmosphere
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2016
Conduct educational meetings for Medicare recipients in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities. Also did inbound calling and outbound calling to enroll new members. Licensed to sell insurance in PA and WV.
Pros
Great view of City
Cons
No flexible schedule
Productive, Divers and Strict
Data Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
Aetna is a very good work environment as it is very divers. They gave me my first opportunity to experience what it is like in corporate American and I will admit that I enjoyed working for the Company.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very little overtime
Excellent work at home program
Consultant, Client Operations, (WAH) WI (Former Employee) –  worked from homeMay 9, 2016
I worked for Aetna for over 30 years and learned from some of the best managers/mentors. Sometimes the hours were long but working from home afforded me with great flexibility and I didn't mind it.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Horrible place to work, Big Brother to the extreme
Complaint and Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 9, 2016
Very stressful place to work, only able to advance if you kissed butt. I would cry every day before going in to work because I was so miserable
Cons
horrible pay and benefits
A place where you can learn a great deal.
Director (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 9, 2016
In this environment you can learn a great deal but the the work can be demanding. The work is challenging you need to manage your time efficiently.
Very good employer
Regional Dir, Community Relations & Urban Mktng (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2016
Aetna is an exceptional company to work for. Aetna takes good care of its employees. Aetna just raised the minimum wage for its employees to $15 across the country.
Pros
taking care of its employees
More than a job
Utilization Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
Aetna is an excellent company to work for. However, the environment is only as good as your supervisor. The fact that this is a healthcare company and the employees pay so much for their benefits is disheartening.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Difficulty Advancing