Aetna

Aetna Employer Reviews

Great peole to work with
Medicare Complaint and Appeal Analyst (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PANovember 3, 2014
With my position at Aetna, we were able to work from home twice a month.

While reviewing a case, I loved getting feedback from my immediate supervisor and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was having to go home and continue to work after Ieft the office. The work/ life balance was difficult
A great place to work.
Senior Manager (Current Employee), DelawareNovember 2, 2014
Opportunity to work at home. Good work and life balance. Flexible work hours.
Horrible Management
Analyst (Current Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: flex time, pto
Cons: disorganized unprofessional micro-managers
PTO benefits are good but insurance plans are expensive. One flunky manager after another. Management overall is nothing but crooked. It's like amateur hour there. Very unprofessional and favoritism runs amok. You are responsible for everyone else's mistakes and no matter what you do, it's never enough for them. Most coworkers in my department are looking to get out. Management doesn't care.
Casual working environment
Case Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2014
Pros: there are opportunities to work from home.
Cons: medical insurance plans are very expensive.
Management tries hard to promote a culture of diversity of culture, point of view and ideas. Coljeagues are helpfull, funny and great to work with. Corporate says they want to promote from within but employees are seldom promoted.
great place to work
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 25, 2014
excellent experience, good coworkers management and staff, learn fast about medical insurance
Very rewarding place to work - technically progressive, excellent benefits.
Compute Programmer (Former Employee), Hartford and Windsor, CTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: tennis league, new york trip on business, state of the art technology.
Cons: management was not supportive in the last job.
Excellent working environment. Most of the people I worked with became good friends. There were social activities sponsored by management (Xmas parties, softball games, tennis league, skiing outings, field trips for business purposes, etc.). I only left to move to Florida to be in a personal relationship, then returned 7 years later to the same company. However, the environment and staff had changed and I left to get a job at Connecticut Student Loan Foundation. This job was very rewarding at first but became intolerable because of the people I had to work with. The members on my team were reluctant to take any initiative or responsibility and I was expected to pick up the slack.
Pleasant place to work
Claims Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no stabiity or advancement
Upper management doesnt advise for advancement, feels like you working forever towards nothing. Job stability/advice they cut throat every Wednesday
eight hours in hades
csr (Former Employee), Amherst nyOctober 20, 2014
I worked in customer service at the amherst office
If you went to the bathroom however long u took u had to take that off your next fifteen minute break i developed several utis while working there the management doesnt care about u they have no clue as to what positive reinforcement is it was eight hours of hades
Little direction from upper management
Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2014
Worked on niche product with large growth over the past 3 years. Management has no direction on how to further grow the business, and refuses to add resources to an ever increasing workload.
made life long fiends. good pay. big on charities
Member Services (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2014
Pros: was able to work from home; pto; charity work
Cons: closed the office and everyone was divided up different offices around the country.
Took calls from members and providers. There was always something to smile about. I enjoyed speaking with the retirees in the group I handled. I looked forward to Christmas every year because I could select kids to buy toys for. I usually pick two.
Productive and mind testing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lee's SummitOctober 17, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime, friendly environment
Cons: not many opportunities to advance
A typical day at work I will take various calls from refill requests to members needing clarification of their plans of their pharmacy benefits. I've learned how to use all of my abilities to help the customers to the fullest of my knowledge utilizing systems like ASD, PeopleSafe, and Caresource. I enjoy my management, I feel like I've had a pretty good relationship with all of my supervisors as they seem to always try and help to their fullest extent. I love my co- workers. It really is like a big family, It's nice to have a close relationship with coworkers too to be able to cheer on their success in the company! The hardest part of the job is when members need a lifesaving medication that they can either not afford or isn't covered under their plan. Not necessarily because it's hard to relay that information but because being a person myself I realize that things do come up unexpectedly and that it can sometimes be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to full resolve a members reason for calling, especially if it's something that they have been dealing with for a while now.
I WAS NEITHER SATISFIED OR DISSATISFIED WITH THE COMPANY
Disability Benefits Manager (Former Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 16, 2014
I WAS NEITHER SATISFIED OR DISSATISFIED WITH THE COMPANY--AS THIS IS A MOOT POINT--THERE ARE NO FURTHER COMMENTS
A productive work day educating member's on State benefits and resources.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Newark, DEOctober 16, 2014
A typical day would consist of field work and inputting information in the system.

I learned how to provide resources to member's of the Long Term Care population, which includes the baby boomers generation.

The management of the program worked well in overseeing the program and being flexible with the changes.

My co-workers were wonderful and were very helpful. We stucked together like a team with the many phases of the program.

The hardest part of the job was not having the right resources to complete task at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with the member's and their families.
productive
Pharmacy Technician - Call Center (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
call center is ready to help Aetna customers on a daily basis, steady work flow, good training, helpful coworkers,
Decent Pay/No advancement, if you are not a nurse
Care Management Associate (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good work schedules/ work from home opportunities
Cons: micro-management
Decent Wage but little to no opportunity for advancement.. opportunities to work from home, but no room for advancement. Constant micro-management
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), FresnoOctober 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare industry (job stability)
Cons: customers not always happy.
I liked the overall knowledge of this job.
I worked in fast paced medical customer service call center answering medical and pharmacy claim questions. Educate members on their medical benefits. Provided services to the various doctors and pharmacies they were able to use in their network based on their health insurance plan. I worked with Middle Market account clients and was later cross-trained, on individual and small group accounts. Resolve member questions and concerns through research. Perform general clerical duties.
VERY FUN
Sr Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), aTLANTA, gaOctober 5, 2014
Great place to work, great room for advancement, and always great with training and promotions.
Crisis Manager role, minimize appliaction down time
Senior Crisis Manager (Former Employee), Hartford Ct.October 2, 2014
• Automation Optimization, Special Project “Production Readiness”
• Created a check list for Production readiness project and established contacts with Program Managers to adhere to all items on created check list.
• Met periodically with Program managers to ensure project managers adhere to new developed guidelines. All new projects and all project enhancement projects to adhere to new Production Readiness guidelines. This Production Readiness process will establish a complete error free installation of new and update program release are install without incident

An assertive goal oriented Technical Manager with many years of comprehensive experience in multi-host, networked environments. Proficient knowledge in all IT areas as well as business principles, processes and methodology. Strong skills in ITIL methods and processes as well as data center infrastructure operations. Extensive experience in team development, project management and cross matrixed team collaboration, while continually improving organization process efficiency/planning and hands on support for the attainment of enterprise goals.
Work from home customer service with all the comforts of home.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Cons: management wasn't supportive of the employees.
Aetna was a typical call center experience. They were focused on productivity more than actual customer service. I enjoyed working with the customers and providing them with resolutions to their problems and answering their questions. It was difficult to keep up with the constant changes. Lay offs were constantly hanging over everyone. Several coworkers were laid off.
good culture
Inbound/Outbound Queue Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Unfortunately AETA is laying off my entire department and moving operations to the state of MISSOURI.

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more

Aetna Photos