Aetna

Aetna Employer Reviews

I am new to Aetna
Senior Integrated Service Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, programs, and incentives
Cons: n/a
My previous company was migrated with Aetna. I enjoy all of Aetna's benefits they offer. I am still transitioning into the Aetna way, and so is my previous company Coventry Healthcare.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great hours. great manager
Cons: benefits could be better
Assisting the retired population with TRS in all aspects of their care.
good benefits
Claim Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 17, 2014
flexiable work schedule with good benefits and incentives.
Productive and fast paced enviornment.
Claims and Benefits (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: good enviornment, no nonsence, fast paced, very grounded
If you don't know anything about insurance once your finished with training you will know benefits and even hoe to pick your own package better.
This company did not provide opportunity for advancement. Work life balance was not there. Once in a position, you were pretty much stuck there.
Health Coach Associate I (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 16, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: no flexibility or potential for growth
Constantly receiving inbounds or making outbound calls. LPN's are not valued as clinically competent.
Looking back, I wish I never left!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2014
Pay was excellent, mgmt. was ok to deal with, and if you did your job well there's lot of various projects you can do that will expand your knowledge.
good company
Case manager, dedicated unit for Costco (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2014
Work load manageable but contract was not guaranteed. Responsibilities for the case manager included discharge planning and coordination of services with multiple disciplines.
Governemnt Program Review
Grievance and Appeal Coordinator for Part C&D (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: sometimes micro-managed to much
This company is an excellent company to work for as they genuinely care about their employee's. They have almost a limitless supply of job opportunities as well as having excellent benefits.
Sr. Plan Sponsor Service Consultant (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJune 5, 2014
Casual dress on most days. Flexible schedule depending on schedule. Encourages diversity,
Great work environment, very busy. Management is easy to relate to
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), TexasJune 3, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: very busy environment, growth potential
I enjoy working with this company. Great management staff.
fun environment, team work
Electronic Eligibility Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 2, 2014
Pros: receiving bonus every year
I enjoyed working for Aetna, it allowed me growth and advancement opportunities. My co workers were team players and management was great, the hardest part of the job was having to leave the job due to job being outsource overseas.
Aetna is a great place to work if you are a "Beloved".
Disability Claims Manager (Former Employee), Portland MEJune 2, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, yearly bonus
Cons: everything else.
Aetna allows for telecommuting, which is nice. They keep up to date on all of the buzzword/phrases. (Work/Life balance is currently very much in vogue there.) If you are a Beloved, then you will be able to pick your nose in public and be given gratuitous praise. If you are an "Invisible", (a work at home with a disinterested supervisor) then you can – more... expect to be given a "meets expectation" on your yearly review even if you have exceeded their benchmarks. An "exceeds expectation" is reserved for Jesus Christ and the Beloveds. The only time people will take any interest in you is if an issue comes up. The issues basically stem from the enormous amount of documentation that you are expected to acquire in order to approve the claim. At Aetna, the "process" is more important than processing claims. So you will either: make numerous attempts to acquire MRI and Cat Scan results (and if the claimant has Aetna Medical, it is a wild goose chase since they will not approve the tests until conservative treatment has failed) or you can demand that your claimant gather submit the clinical. This is can be difficult if the said claimant is in a coma or in a mental institution. Many folks choose the second method since requesting clinical gets in the way of maintaining a two day turnaround time. And they get to close out a claim, which saves time at the end of the month because you will be ordered to close claims two weeks past their approval date. If an issue is raised to your supervisor, (I did had one supervisor who successfully evaded calling back clients), then you can beg you Nurse Case Manager to allow you to extend the claim or track down your supervisor to get his/her permission to extend it. The Nurse Case Managers are sometimes reluctant to extend claims if management caught them applying common sense instead of following the Aetna Medical Guidelines, (Note: the medical guidelines used give a 2 day optimum for breast cancer), then they get their hands slapped. The management team is very clannish and totally open to sucking up. The Workability System typically dies for two or three days after an "upgrade" and is never updated for anything useful. Most updates are made just to get better reports, which means you will need to fill out more fields and click on numerous radio buttons just to get out of a screen. The pay and benefits are OK. I had 4 supervisors in 7 years. And if you can stomach telling breast cancer patients who are trying to work while undergoing chemotherapy that the intervals between their treatments exceed their plan's relapse period so they will not be paid, go for it. Otherwise, find a company less concerned with buzzwords and more concerned with processing claims. – less
New Agent Licensing (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJune 1, 2014
Pros: covenient
Cons: temporary job
Workflow was great, never have done this type of work in the medical field. I have always been on the other side but was nice to learn how the agents that sale medical insurance get licensed.
great foundation to learn Healthcare
CARE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE / INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: awesome technology, great benefits, great leadershitp.
Cons: very repeatitious, not great pay, not enough room for advancement.
Aetna Provided me with the tools to learn and build any healthcare job. I learned phone ethics, great customer service, how to review medical claims, pre-certifications, medical reviews, approvals and denials on cosmetic procedures. Not a lot of room for advancement, great benefits, great management!!
This is an excellent company.
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 30, 2014
This is a good company. Employee benefits and their input matters.
Nice culture
firewall engineer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 29, 2014
Nice calm environment
Face pace work
good management
good co workers
I have worked for Aetna for 7 years. The company has scaled back on rewarding employees, as has most companies.
Plan Coordination Consultant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 27, 2014
I worked in the Plan Sponsor Services department. The atmosphere is laidback, however, management will be on you to get work done when necessary. Some of the processes are out of date and are not efficient for everyone. Overall good company. Frequent layoffs and mandatory OT.
Excellent workplace and co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMay 23, 2014
Pros: execellent co-workers
Cons: it was a temporary job assignment.
Productive and fun people to work with, always had a very productive and enjoyable day. Wish my job assignment could have become a permanent position.
Loved my job and culture
IT Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 21, 2014
Pros: loved the job, culture, management support
Cons: job security continues to be unsure
Loved my job. Great training and management support. Unfortunately, layoffs are still occuring. Company still projects unsure job security for employees. Healthcare has greatly changed job security for all healthcare companies.
Dynamic team but resource challenged
Application Design Consultant (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: work from home, work with people from all over the world
Cons: lack of communication, feedback, direction, collaboration
I work on a diverse team all remotely located
-self managment and discipline to meet deadlines and work independetly and manage remote resources
- taking lead and being very persistent is necessary to keep decentralized assets ready when needed
- difficult collaborating or brainstorming together, so much volume so little collaboration

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more

Aetna Photos