Aetna Employee Reviews

very good
1-Utilization Review Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  AZDecember 20, 2017
productive ,interesting , very good team,
i would strongly recommend this to my friends
there is a very good work environment and team
there is opportunity to grow
Great company to work for
CASE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 20, 2017
The Aetna team is always will and able to help in anyway possible. They have great customer service and treat their employees with the utmost respect.
Very busy corporate environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 19, 2017
Daily tasks & priorities change quickly, very challenging to keep up with changes. Was very fortunate to work with a wonderful team who appreciated my support
Pros
Appreciation from those I supported
Cons
trying to get out on time every day was challenging, hard to plan
Not a place to apply if you want job security
RN CCM Complex and Chronic Complex (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 19, 2017
If your not friends with management you might be gone when they get rid of nurses at least twice a year.
If your numbers are not up and it is time to purge your number is up!
They will not allow you to just take another position.
You have to apply for it and if you don't get the position then they take your severance pay away.
Pros
They pay more then other companies, you can work from home.
Cons
steal you from a company with more money and discard you if they have a merger
It used to be nice
SIU Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 18, 2017
Over the years things have gotten pretty bad. Multiple benefits taken away, raises average 1.5% but you loose your raise because they increase health insurance premiums so it's a wash, layoffs are the norm, they refuse to upgrade systems and expect people to make up the difference by working longer/harder.

There are some good managers in the company, some positions are work at home and if you're looking to break into the health insurance industry its a good company to start with. Just be prepared to leave when you're ready to make more money or move up.
Pros
coworkers, some managers
Cons
pay is way below industry standards, layoffs are norm, executives only care about the stock price
Great company, but not a healthy enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2017
This is a great company but it can be really stressful. The every day pressure can be extremely over whelming. However, there are great benefits and opportunities if you work in a department where the manager believe in success and helping their employees.
Aetna
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 17, 2017
Aetna is a high paced job and very organized company to work for. They offer wage increases at accurate times and also offer significant paid time off.
I would not encourage anyone to work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 17, 2017
Aetna is full of clicks, if you are not one of the favorites, you will not go far here at all. You can not advance unless you are willing to be a brown noser. The rotating shifts in the medicare department are not the best either.
Not enough enforcement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
At the pharmacy there is no enforcement for all staff to do the same thing. So in other words it is left for the people who do things right to take care of the issues. This means some staff are doing more work than other staff for the same pay, which get very frustrating knowing you are doing all that should be done but the person next you is not.
Aetba
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 16, 2017
Good place to work. I'm currently working as a contractor. But I wish there was a permanent opportunity available. If given the opportunity, I would definitely stay on permanently.
It is what YOU make of it
Healthcare Concierge (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2017
Can't complain at all about working at Aetna. However, the poor leadership continues to be a problem. The people are incredible! But when you have supervisors who don't know how to be professional nor know the policies better than you or themselves... Therein lies the problem
Pros
Cafeteria on site; Great Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Short Lunches, Poorly Trained Supervisors
Culture is unparallel
Case Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 16, 2017
There is a great culture here. Very little micromanagement (that gets dealt with) and plenty of room to grow individually. This is the best company I’ve ever worked for
Administrative / Secretarial Support
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 15, 2017
Great team of professionals. This is where I was able to put the secretarial skills that I learned to use. I received a lot experience which I was able to carry with me to the next company.
Hardest part was being laid off. Due to the budget situation the company needed to eliminate positions. Secretarial positions were eliminated and Executive Directors were forced to share the use of one secretary.
Pros
Used my secretarial skills to the fullest
Cons
Due to the budget situation jobs were eliminated
Aetna
Assist plan sponsors (Employers) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2017
Aetna (Call Center) was stressful at times, but then quite enjoyable at others. The benefits (When I worked there) were extremely good. There was a lot of flexibility in work schedules and teleworking was an option for many employees.
Productive and fun
Abstraction Nurse (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Hts, MDDecember 14, 2017
I have a sister in law that works for a union that uses Healthscope as a TPA and said I would really like working for them, they are located in St.Louis her and my brother and I can always stay with them. Thank you
Benefits are better else where
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 13, 2017
I have been with the company 20 plus years and all of the benefits that I started with have been taken away. if you call in sick you need to take a vacation day then they mark it against you and it takes a year to get off of your record. This can effect you if you are looking for another position within the company.
Pros
there really are none.....
Cons
horrible medical benefits, management only out for themselves.
Majority of inbound calls for medical authorization
Inbound Queue Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
Receiving incoming calls request precertification of inpatient or outpatient services. Working alongside of registered nurses and licensed practical nurse knowledge gain excessive medical knowledge. The job wasn't hard it was enjoyable to work alongside of great coworkers, people, management and overall company.
Pros
excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
downsizing of the company
Work at Home Opportunity
Case Manager Medicare (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 13, 2017
I have been a work at home employee for several years and have been a great benefit for work life balance. It also provides a working relationship with members in our communities through in home face 2 face visits with our members.
Pros
Work at home, generous vacation/sick time, benefits
Cons
Difficulty finding advancement opportunities, lack of collaboration with staff regarding changes to ensure more positive outcomes for members
call center
CLAIMS BENEFIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 13, 2017
jobs that are available at the Aetna call center can vary drastically. anything from processing claims to customer service calls can be applied for and the experience of Aetna's culture differs between positions.
Fun Fridays
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Aetna. I processed invoices for payment. Transcribed recorded statements; letter; claim forms; engineering reports; legal documents.
Pros
Fun Fridays
Cons
fast-paced