Aetna Employee Reviews

good place to work with some limitations
Senior Consulatant (Current Employee) –  hartford, ctSeptember 6, 2015
company is thoughtful in their business approach and treats employees well. Jobs tend to be very specialized, and not be good if you want a diverse set of responsibilities. IT done mostly in SAS, which is not a modern object oriented technology
Pros
treats employees well, thoughtful company
Cons
jobs overly specialized
Wonderful benefits
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 3, 2015
Loved having insurance coverage for me and my family! Company very focused on work/life balance. Plenty of opportunity with all the acquisitions to grow with the newly added companies to the family.
Pros
Allowed to work independently
Nice and quiet environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2015
This was a very quiet environment. I had the opportunity to work with some classmates because it was a summer intern program. We were able to attend different meetings and they gave us different assignments in Microsoft Excel and Word. They also gave us more information about what to expect in Corporate America.
It was ok place to work
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2015
It was a nice place to work but they sold off their financial department to ING and I left because I did not want to be one of the ones that would be laid off.
Executive Assistant as temporary employee (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 27, 2015
The people are positive and happy as a rule and very intelligent and motivated. I felt like it was easy to fit into each area I worked in very quickly.
Pros
They make it easy to work more...e.g. conveniences like pharmacy and blood testing lab on site.
Cons
its difficult to break in...no outreach on the lower levels by talent acquisition.
Aetna is a reputable company to work for.
Senior Sales Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 25, 2015
Aetna has over 30,000 employees and they do a great job at maintaining their culture. Most of the employees have been with the company for a more than 5 years and that speaks volumes as to how they treat their employees.
Fast pace with a supportive team
Long Term Disability Claim Technician (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 24, 2015
I feel that working with Aetna disability has helped me move in a really fast environment. Plus learning on your feet and have loved every minute.
Fair experience
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 23, 2015
Work from home was great for family/work balance. Co-workers supportive. Management overbearing and micro-managing at times. Hardest part of the job was trying to do the job as a patient advocate but also making the customers happy at the same time. Best part of the job was being able to set my own schedule for the most part and work from home.
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
adversial relationship between Nurse and Insurance Adjusters
Underwriter Analyst
Sale Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2015
Quality review for presale quotes to ensure accuracy and promptness. Check quotes in various systems such
as QRS, QFE, CCFE, and Prospect.
all my co- workers was so welcoming and willing to help.
Claims Management Assistance (CMA) (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 20, 2015
fun work place with supportive managemnet giving the chance to improve your skills.

Overall I really enjoyed that job.....
great place
Medicare Risk Coding Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 19, 2015
I love Aetna. It is a very great place to work with many opportunities for growth. My manager is amazing and so are my team members.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough money
Awesome Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2015
Aetna is a great company to work for. Currently I'm looking for a part-time job to take up some of the extra times I have on my hand.
This is a great experience.You learn a lot at this job and also has plenty room for growth. Also a nice work environment the staff is very family like
Sr. Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTAugust 14, 2015
Answered questions about this employee previously job should not be included twice. Double populated as I changed positions after promotion
Nice place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 12, 2015
I would go in turn on the computer and put on my headset to take calls. Some of the calls were quite easy: like requesting an Id card for a client, some were harder like figuring out if a claim should be paid. I enjoyed helping the policy holders. I received my compliments on my efforts.
I especially liked helping this one lady who was hit by a bus and was being charged a great deal of money because she was taken to an out of network hospital. I really got on the claims people case about that one., and the lady's bills were paid
Pros
nice people
Cons
scheduled breaks
Compliance Consultant
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 12, 2015
•Manages Pharmacy License Renewals and Officer Change Process by providing instructions to consultants and monitoring work for completeness.
•Coordinates renewal process for assigned Third Party Administrator (TPA), Utilization Review (UR), and Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) licenses to the states’ Department of Insurance in accordance to state statutes and regulations in order to maintain valid licenses for business operations at a national level.
great place
Clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 11, 2015
good training and the managers are very understanding the co-workers were great and typical day was good steady work all the time ,
Pros
vendors
Cons
health care
Flexible and empowering
Sr Wellness Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 10, 2015
Fast-paced, positive peer and enriching workforce that does what it can to support and believe in your career goals that help serve those seeking affordable and quality healthcare. A company you can truly get behind.
Pros
Sales schedule flexibility
Cons
Sales fast paced demands
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
The exciting thing about this job is the different things that we are able to do for the members, examples are teaching them how to use our website, giving them estimates on their different procedures and contacting their providers for them if they have issues with their claims. The hardest part is not being able to interact with my peers. The most enjoyable part is speaking with our members.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Best job I ever had!
Small Group Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 9, 2015
Supervisor always looked out for us and and she had a wonderful sense of humor. I made great money and their were tons of incentives.
Fun enjoyable work!
Provider Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 8, 2015
This is a great paying company with a great CEO. Management could use an adjustment. Their website states they're flexible and a green company and the majority of the employees are work from home. However, when my husband received a job offer in a new state, I was not allowed to work from home, even though we already had 15 employees in our particular department working from home already.

I enjoyed the work I did, and was sad to leave the company.
Pros
Good benefits; tuition reimbursement; Competitive pay.
Cons
Office politics; hard to speak to any Human Resources person