Aetna Employee Reviews

Found 1,936 reviews matching the search
Manager national/captive accounts
MANAGER National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2016
Meritain Health is a third party administrator for administering employer health benefits for various lines of business ranging from small members of a captive organization to large national accounts.
Wonderful company culture
Appeals and grievance nurse associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent culture. The companies ethical model, mission Vision are easy to align with as it customer centric. Customers being defined as constituents that you provide service to, both external customers, vendors, other departments within the organization or even your direct coworkers.
Pros
Ethical, available resources, cylutting edge in the marketplace
Cons
Turn over in management, overlooking employee acheivement, and lack of career advancement opportunity.
Lots of promise
Executive Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2016
My career was cut short of my personal goals with the company.There seems to be a lack of focus. Priorities are not customer centered nor are associates adequately compensated, although my compensation was fair.
productive
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 29, 2016
● Document all activities for reporting and resolution through the customer relationship management
● Answer inquiries from providers regarding claim, eligibility, covered benefits, authorization status issues
● Provide first call resolution through issue documentation and resolution with appropriate internal resource, follow-up and ensure closure with the contact who initiated the inquiry
● Respond appropriately to provider issues and concerns, and provide trending feedback to improve the customer experience
● Process customer correspondence and provide the appropriate level of timely follow up
● Manage service related follow up items and outstanding tasks in accordance with established turn around times
● Provide assistance to provider regarding website registration, navigation and customer related inquires
● Educate provider on health plan initiatives during interactions with providers via telephone
● Maintain performance and quality standards based on established call experience guidelines
● Research and identify any processing inaccuracies in claim payments and route to the appropriate site operations’ team for claim adjustment
● Identify any trends related to incoming or outgoing calls that may provide policy or process improvements to support excellent customer service , quality improvement and call reduction
Sr customer service rep Aetna (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 27, 2016
Great place to work helping the providers understand customers benefits and claims. Taking supervisor calls. Helping in the training room with new hire.
Job Overall
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of processing a minimum of 12 medical claims per hour, based on CMS guidelines. Over the past 2 years on this team I have learned a lot about the coding and how to make sure the claim is ok to pay. The management I honestly very good people, the co-workers are very friendly and eager to assist with any help that may be needed. The best part of my day is knowing I have did my job and did it correctly.
Cons
raises
Excellent place to work
Phone Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 1, 2016
I would recommend anyone to work for this company. Advanced be difficult because so few new positions come available but they're out there. Medical benefits are a little pricey but perks are amazing and you can work from home. Overall wonderful place.
Not recommended, no opportunities for advancement
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 22, 2016
Poor management, they don't give raises and they don't promote from within. I've worked for them for 2 years and still haven't got a raise.
Worst call center to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 11, 2017
The Aetna call center in franklin tn is a joke. The management are like a bunch of clowns in a circus act. Especially the call center manager Elaine. They are very unorganized and unprofessional. The pay is great! However the temp services they go through are all located out of town and are terrible as well. When you go to interview for the position they do not tell you it will be through a temp until after you are offered the position. Not much room for growth or advancement in this department. If offered another position at the same time as this, take the other and run!!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, temp services, call volume...
Teamwork was essential to completing projects
Allen University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2016
This was a 4 month unpaid internship. I was however rewarded a road trip ticket to visit the Aetna Life Heath Insurance Headquarters and present my power point on the the Health Issue that plagued my local community of Columbia, SC. I really like that I was able to sit and talk with the Regional Management team and receive feedback about my work.
Pros
Free weekend stay in Hartford Conneticut
Cons
No pay, or health care benefits
very professional
comissions specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 3, 2016
Aetna was a great place to work. The management is very supportive . A typical day was talking to the agents about their commissions and computer work to make sure they get it on time.
-I learned how much a little extra effort is really appreciated here
-The management was really good. Great leaders
- Mixed emotions on the coworkers
-hardest part of the job was dealing with computer glitches
-best part of the job talking to all the agents. They are great.

Benefits
Great Company
Customer Service Precert for TRS (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2016
A very fun and very fast paced job. Benefits are great. A great company to work for and lots of advancement opportunities.
Great Culture
Service Advocate/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2016
Aetna is a great place to work. Excellent Benefits for those that qualify. Nice and laid back and they celebrate your accomplishments
Greatest place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2016
It's a very rewarding career with high tensure at this job. In depth training provided and plenty of advancement opportunities . Great benefits and pay
Good place to work !!
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  DelawareAugust 15, 2016
Aetna is a good place to work and benefits are ok as well. There is not much advancement where I'm located. I work on the managed medical assistance plan for Medicaid and enjoy the members that I encounter daily.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much room for career advancement
Great culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Aetna is a great company to work for. Once you are in there, promotion within the company is highly encouraged.
Co workers are great. Benefits are ok. Best part of the job is work from home capabilities.
The overall workplace was very active and good.
Eligibility Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at Aetna. My overall objective was to get into the financial area but the opportunity did not happen, and the location for the position was in another City/State.
Pros
Overall good company to work for (pay and benefits)
Cons
No significant Cons.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2016
answering 30-40 calls per day from medicare customers answering their questions about their benefits- and making payments over the phone-and tech support for customers with log in issue-I got along with all my co workers-most enjoyable part was when customers would say thank you for your help- I didnt like the benefits- Deductibles extremely high for employees
Pros
pay was good at 16.00 /hr
Cons
high deductibles for health insurance for employees
A Good Employer
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The workplace is generally quiet and friendly with the typical office politics. Management is generally terrific. There is a culture of excellence, and the company does try to do the right thing for the right reasons. They are committed to diversity, and they provide training and mentoring to ensure you succeed. Unfortunately, they could provide a better career advancement pathway.
Great place to work-where I grew up
(PayFlex) COBRA Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 15, 2016
I have learned so much working at Aetna. In essence I group up there. I learned how to file, to manage, provide great customer service and how to be on a team.

The management I have encountered have always been fair, accommodating and helpful with your career choices.

My co-workers are like family which is the reason I have been here for 27 years and 15 of them within the same unit.

The hardest part and most challenging part of the job would be the multi-tasking. A lot of different balls in the air. This is what makes the job exciting to me.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere of the workplace the interaction with the clients and the ability to work in a non-micro-managing atmosphere.
Pros
Work at home full-time
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.