AFC Employee Reviews

Great
Dealer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2016
The people and managers here are very very professional they do all in their power to assist and help you get what you need done. No micro managing here at all they are very well put together
productive an fun work enviroment
fabricator,crate builder,glass dept (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 24, 2016
I Learned how to use a measuring tape a lot better I worked with machines I never used before the management was awesome I got along with everyone I worked for an the the hardest part for the day was the end of the day an the most enjoyable was pay day
Pros
the holiday work parties
Cons
more pay
good place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ILMarch 3, 2016
Whilst at AFC i had worked for them for 6 years and its was a good company to work for even tho i was subcontracted to different retail stores.
I would not recommend working here
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2016
Must be able to work 12+ hour work days, as well as knowing that we are open every single day of the year. Thoroughly enjoy coworkers, just not management tactics. Be prepared for lies, cheating & deceit. Hard work and dedication to this company will not be rewarded or recognized. If you enjoy these things, then this is the place for you. No place for advancement.
Pros
easy access to healthcare if ill
Cons
short breaks, no lunches most days
One of the Best Jobs ever
Dept. Mgr. Research & Development (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 21, 2015
I was employee number 12 and helped develop the product as a Designer and was strategic in taking the company public. I was employed as a department manager and enjoyed working closely with my personnel and the Manufacturers and was also the Liaison for the Chinese subcontractors.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, working environment and stock option
Cons
NONE
Action packed place.
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 30, 2015
AFC is an awesome fitness facility filled with high energy, strong mind and bodied individuals. I am energized by the level of positive strength this health club exudes.
Great learning platform
CHIEF ANALYST & PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 14, 2015
Supportive management
Great place to learn problem solving and process management
Flexible working environment
Great Staff
Alrigh
Cultural Advisor/Linguist (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 1, 2015
It was busy fun job
After working with this company realized the culture differnce between western world and my own. I was very organize and loved working with new people with all kinda background. The hardest part of the job for me at the time to live with stranger in one room not having much of privacy. the most enjoyable time was traveling and team work.
Pros
being very active
Cons
not going out
Work was fun and interesting
Collector (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 10, 2015
This job was Monday threw Friday. I work one late night which was from 11am to 7pm. My job there was to contact the repo agent to collect cars and also try to collect money from the member. Had to do a lot of research trying to locate the member.
Pros
It was very interesting in learning new things
Cons
The late schedule and sometimes not being able to find the customers
Great co-workers
Sr. CSR (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2015
Management wouldn't even say good morning to you if you didn't have 10K monthly profit. You were praised when you made money for the company and shunned the moment you didn't. Absolutely no job security ... you're constantly under the gun to produce more profit.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no 401K
Good experience
Culture Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 27, 2015
I work as a culture advisor and role-player for this company.Training U.S Army about the ethics and culture of Afghanistan.
Afc hard wok
COSTUMERS SERVICES (Current Employee) –  1630 ROBB DRIVE Reno, NV 89523January 7, 2015
I learned to roll sushies,and to put ingredients and to know the each food ingredients. And I learned from with my co-work to prepared the vegetable for the each dishes. I don't think that there are hardest part of the job for me. And I always enjoy with the costumer to try our dishes and they love it! And I enjoy working in a team.
Pros
ENJOY FREE LUCH
Cons
THERE NO CONS. THE ONLY THING IS I WANT TO GET TWO JOB
A challenging, fast paced environment reqiuring strong critical thinking, problem solving and time mgt skills.
Principal (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaOctober 9, 2014
Maintaining a pipeline of new business. Servicing exisiting business with a niche of working with brands that are aiming for large scale achievement year over year.
Pros
Varied work, intectually challenging.
Cons
The challenge of being spread between client service and new business development.
pays great
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 2, 2014
great shop, all new equipment management is great. great coworkers
Pros
pays great can teach you a lot
The very best telecom company!
Executive Assistant, Marketing, Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 14, 2014
I had the pleasure of working with an outstanding senior vice president. He was communicative, respectful, and extremely knowledgeable about the global telecommunications business.
Productive and fun work place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Enjoyed working for this company learned a lot and met good people.
Pros
enjoyed traveling
Cons
healthcare
Not a consistant work environment
Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed assisting the HR Department and working with the VP. We had many challenges to handle in both positions, but I was up for it.

I always enjoy the interaction with staff and customers. In addition, to those two postions I handld the collections for the company. I gave myself goals to be able to drop the AR to a more manageable number, and to collect from those who seemed uncollectable.

Management were there everyday and set a good example for the staff in that regard.

The hardest part of the job was the confined space to work. We were squeezed in confined space, and when one was on the phone everyone heard it. For additional space you opened your desk drawers to put binders on it.
Pros
Challenge
Cons
Work space
Very bad managment. A legalistic company in the name of God, wasting donations and people's time.
office assistant (Former Employee) –  , PAOctober 12, 2013
It is a very legalistic non-profit org. The managment is totally wrong. The staff there are very busy in spreading gossips than working hard. Overall, it is the staff and managers and leaders there are mostly very stupid and lazy.
second best company I have worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 7, 2013
A very family oriented place to work.
Excellent benefits
Top quality staff
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
company bought by international conglomerate
Class B TDL
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 31, 2013
Public Transportation for the Fort Bend County. Bus Driver
Cons
No Health Benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFC. Our community is ready to answer.