Afdent Employee Reviews in United States

I love my job
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2015
We really work hard but it's nice to feel good about what you're doing and make so many patients happy. Beyond that, pay is above average and benefits are great (they have a fitness center and do yoga during the week).

My co-workers are awesome and we have a great team. Everyone just knows that you help each other out and go outside your job description from time to time in order to do so. People do a good job of helping each other out outside of work as well, when their co-workers are in need. It's a big office, but we're still a family.

Our doctors are great and don't really seem to have the "doctor ego" that is common in the industry. Managers and supervisors do a pretty good job of giving ongoing feedback and you're crossed trained in a lot of areas, which I like. I've only been here for a few years but from what I've experienced, pay increases are a reality, which is refreshing.

It seems like they change and adjust things quite a bit, but once you've been here for a couple years, you get used to it and start adapting pretty quickly.

This isn't a small practice. We see a lot of patients, so you won't have much downtime during the day and you get 20 mins or so to eat. The upside is, you work a four day week, your days go by quickly, and you don't lose out on an hour of pay in the middle of every day for lunch. You get to stay clocked in for lunch.
Pros
Benefits - for sure, co-workers, pay, culture
Cons
Short lunch breaks (eat and go)
A great place to work!
Communications (Current Employee) –  MishawakaFebruary 20, 2014
Afdent is by far the best place I have worked in the last decade. There is no red tape here- it's an open office with open lines of communication. Everyone is a team- and works great together.

I just feel appreciated here. My opinion counts. Lunch is provided by the office everyday and the hours are flexible. Management goes out of their way to make sure we have some yearly events where we can get together outside the office and have fun. The benefits are awesome here and the people are even better.

Yes we have to work hard and there are high expectations for on-the-job but when you're working in the healthcare industry and providing medical care to our community- I wouldn't expect any less asked of us as a team.
Pros
free lunch, benefits, flexible week

Comment – December 15, 2015

Thank you for the great review and for being a part of our Afdent Dental Family!

They fire everyone
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort wayneMay 4, 2013
Loved working there but they go through a lot of employees. No scheduled breaks for clinical employees. Like the first comment they work you to death. Pay is decent but you are not personally valued as an employee or appreciated. You will work until you are spent and then tossed out the door. Great benefits and incentives, but on a personal level you are treated poorly.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
no scheduled breaks and not treated like an individual or as person
Job Overview
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 22, 2015
Fabricated, altered, and repaired dental devices, such as dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, and appliances for straightening teeth. All fabrications, alterations, and repairs made under strict laws and guidelines under the National Association of Certified Dental Laboratories.

Communicated to new employees the laboratory procedures, rules and regulations. Trained employees on fabrication procedures and guidelines.

Responsible for opening and closing the laboratory. Responsible for millions of dollars’ worth of equipment with no loss. Attained timely deadlines to satisfy the customer.

Read prescriptions or specifications and examined models or impressions to determine the design of dental products to be constructed. Logged fabrications, alterations, and repairs made for medical records.

Tested appliances for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micrometers. Created a model of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression and allowing plaster to set. Built and shaped wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists' specifications.

Comment – December 15, 2015

Hi and thank you for your review of Afdent Dental. We'd love to hear more about your experience at Afdent and what made you give a 3 star review. What is above is a great job description, however we'd love to know more about your experience as an employee. Thank you for your time!

Productive and fun work environment
Six week externship (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 6, 2012
I enjoyed working at Afdent for my six week externship. The office manager and employees were very friendly and helpful. I would enjoy working permanently in their office. The hardest part of the job was finding patient files but became easier upon practice. The fast pace, interacting with patients, and friendly atmosphere was definetly the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
wonderful staff, free lunches

Comment – December 15, 2015

It was great to have you as a part of our team, thank you for the great review!

Too much favoritism
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 14, 2013
No break, no lunch, no thank you. They work you until you feel like you are going to die and then they do not even give you a thank you! I worked so hard to do what they wanted and it was not good enough.
Pros
money
Cons
hours and staff

Comment – December 15, 2015

Thank you for your review of Afdent Dental. All employees are provided lunch breaks on a rotating basis. Team leads are there to ensure every member of the staff has a proper break. Dr. Pecina hosts regular appreciation events every year and Employee of the Month with premium parking and a gift card to a restaurant or store of choice as voted on by the team. We always appreciate our team, we wouldn't be here without the dedication and hard work of each member. Thank you for your review!

Productive & very busy.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 4, 2013
Pretty intense & busy with emergency patients all day!
Enjoyed the gym & personal trainer that was provide on the premises.
Pros
free tickets to tin cps & komet games.
Cons
so busy that you may not have time eat or hardly a chance to go to the bathroom.
Very fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 22, 2011
I enjoyed working at Afdent because it kept me busy. I got to learn alot of different things from filing to data entry. I enjoy meeting new people and I did meet alot on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches, snack room, having breaks outside
Cons
temproary
Patient friendly-sometimes; Employee friendly-never!
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  fort wayne, inMay 6, 2013
Bad hours. Staff is under paid and under appreciated. Such a large staff you are treated as a number. Very negative work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afdent. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5