Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the remote monitoring and PSA systems as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests. The Senior Systems Administrator is also responsible for implementing and/or assisting in assigned service delivery projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration and maintenance of LabTech: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Administration and maintenance of ConnectWise: patches, upgrades, workflow modifications, process improvement
- Design and or implement new tools, create new scripts via PowerShell or LabTech, and/or find new ways to make customer support processes more efficient
- Advanced support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, etc.
- Advanced support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Hyper-V
- Advanced technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Advanced support of backup and recovery solutions: AppAssure, Windows Backup, Backup Exec, etc.
- Basic Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Assist in the creation and modification of documentation for all customer's computer systems and network infrastructure
- Manage and implement internal system projects as assigned by the Technical Services Manager
- Mentor and train Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff on processes and technical knowledge
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: LabTech LTCP, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
SALARY RANGE 70-80K
Affiliated is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Development, and Network Support services with offices in Columbus. For more than 20 years, we've delivered superior IT solutions for a wide variety of clients nationwide using a tailored business-focused approach. Affiliated provides a comprehensive benefits package that begins day one of your employment with us. It includes health, dental and vision. Company paid short and long-term disability coverage, FSA, a 401(k) program, and other ancillary benefits to provide a complete compensation package. www.aresgrp.com
Affiliated is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Development, and Network Support services with offices in Columbus. For more than 20...