Affinion Group

Affinion Group Employer Reviews

Misleading
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Westerville, OHJune 26, 2014
As a company it is well organized and well-staffed, but it was very misleading. You were told you would make a bonus, but very few did. The line of work was demeaning it is lie after lie you had to tell the customer, trying to keep or "save" the customer for something they never signed up for in the first place.
fun workplace with free snack
DB Developer (Current Employee), CTJune 20, 2014
Friendly atmosphere for developers.
Coworkers are very nice.
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJune 9, 2014
Directly supervised a team of 12-18 customer service associates
Fast paced workplace with awesome coworkers
Customer Serve Representative (Current Employee), Westerville OhMay 22, 2014
Pros: flexible attendance policy, product perks
Cons: stress, incomplete training, fractured comunication
If you can roll with the punches, learn fast, and not take calls personally, this job is cool.
Productive work place
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMay 20, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: cant advance
I enjoyed working there but was not able to advance. If you want something long term I would suggest working here unless your content with the normal.
job was productive
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: job took care of employees
Cons: didn't like being yelled and swore at constantly.
Working at Affinion was an interesting experience for me. The job was a inbound call center. I answered calls helped customers who had questions and problems.
very fast pace call center
Customer Service/ Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2014
We have a variety of products that can be good products, but a lot of time the web site doesn't work and the way members are signed up its not always clear.
Productive and fun place to work
HR Intern (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 5, 2014
File paperwork, discuss company policy, and assets employes.
I learned about: Employment practices.
Management: Time management.
Talked about company policy with my co-workers, they were enjoyable to work with.
Hardest part: Learning the personnel record process
Most Enjoyable: engaging with employes
steer clear of this company
retention (Former Employee), Franklin, TennesseeApril 11, 2014
The job has some positive aspects, but over all the work is not worth the pay. They paint a pretty picture but it turns out to be ugly paint. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. They have you lie to customers making them think they have actual insurance and when it's time to make a claim it's denied. I'm glad I've moved on to much better. Taking – more... 100+ calls a day for $10.50 is a joke. – less
HELPING OTHERS
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 7, 2014
HELPING CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR CONCERNS AND PROVIDING THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
Senior Oracle DBA and DBA manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2014
I am oracle and postgres dba and do regular database health check , backup , performance tuning, code release on production onece a month , data transfer between two datasystem, database strorge mangement.
Affinion has a very comfortable working environment. All of IT members are vary cooperative and productive and friendly.
Pay was good….thats it.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OhioMarch 1, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: unpaid lunches, short breaks
The pay was great. everything else was horrible, the product being offered was slime and they way it was being offered was deceptive. It was like that when I was there, it could be different now.
Nothing much to say
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: activities
Cons: advancement, trianing, job security
A challenge, nice coworkers but the training for new hires need improvment. I learned to always have a backup plan and never put everything you have into one place.
just a job
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), westervilleDecember 26, 2013
nothing spectacular just do your job and go home. The compensation is good because you get a good hourly and a bonus to top it off.
Great
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHDecember 22, 2013
This job was great, had wonderful pay and benefits.There was a wonderful group of people for co workers and everyone there worked very well as a team.
Nothing much to say
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 30, 2013
Affinion Group is an OK place to work. Typical call center. Nice friendly people working there. Management is somewhat questionable at times.
Travel Dept. Fired after 2 weeks of training!
Travl Consultant (Former Employee), Westerville OhioAugust 24, 2013
Pros: cant think of anything!
Cons: poor attitde of trainers and supervisors
I started 5 week training class (quit school as I love being a travel consultant) and was fired 2 weeks into it. I know more about travel then their trainer did! He told HR i was not catching on quick enough to their booking tool they use! We had not even started learning it yet! Trainer had a bad attitude and would not answer any of my questions and – more... just ignored me. Half the class was returning laid off employees who knew the website as I was just learning it, They lost a good employee but I say good riddance! – less
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 20, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: pay
Typical day at work was providing excellent customer service & having a retention mind frame. Taking a certain amount of calls on a daily basis.
great environment
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHAugust 9, 2013
Pros: laid back
Cons: stressful
took incoming calls only, some were rude some were polite mostly rude. people would call asking why they were charged on their bank cards and i explained how they joined our membership and what we did and how this service of identity theft protection would benefit them in hopes of retaining their memberships
Position evolved into 100% IT role rather then how presented
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good company, learned vast amounts of it related items.
Cons: newly created position, therefore affinion group was unsure of how the position would evolve and look like in the end.
I learned a lot while working at Affinion Group due to the nature of how the newly created position I accepted evolved. This newly created job was presented as a partial accounting role that would assist with the monthly close of the membership business while the remainder of the time would be spent on project work. However, while I was with Affinion – more... Group I recall assisting with the membership close just once, the very first month I was there. After that the IT & project portion of the position just really took grasp and the position became more and more of a straight IT role with any part of the accounting close dropping off completely. However, I learned vast amounts of IT knowledge during my time there, which adds great value to my background and the understanding of systems, dataflow, etc. in the accounting / finance world.

Please see resume for details of all relevant work experience. – less

1 2 3 4