Affinion Group

Affinion Group Employee Reviews

A Very Stressful, Dishonest Company
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 24, 2015
Poor experience working for this company. Management very dishonest, high turnover rate and company will terminate those that don't make the management a bonus. Would not recommended for stable work.
Let's just say it was Interesting
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
a typical day at work. The only plus was I got to speak with customers. Am a people person so I like to deal with people make them happy and satisfied. This job i was legally getting over on people and that's not right. If it was fair exchange I understand because I've worked in sales for years and am vary good at it and understand the concepts of business, but when your just out right swindling people that doesn't sit with me we'll that's where I draw the line. I don't dislike them as a company , I think they are a great company. I just don't agree with how they do business, just my personal opinion
FAST PACED
Customer care in Insurance Claims (Former Employee), BridgeportMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
• Prepared and reviewed insurance claims
• Post and attached information to claims file
• Contacted insures or other involved persons to obtain missing information
Fun place to work, awesome team mates, nice schedule
Customer Service Mail Ops Lead (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: irate customers sometimes
Takes inbound calls, prepares lost/stolen credit card reports, sometimes stressfull, most times very fun.
Good management, especially my supervisor. My teammates are great and reliable
Affinion Group Review
Partner Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to work in terms of work-life balance. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Senior management makes very questionable decisions that have a negative effect on the overall organization and its people.
Great atmosphere to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great games
Cons: boring
Great place to work benefits was poor, no compensation, management didn't show they cared. If you were in school this wasn't the career choice for you.
It was an establishment that I got comfortable with and was scared to explore more options.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i pretty much made my own schedule.
Cons: no breaks hardly, no raises, no paid vacation, no sick time pay
At Nelson's I did a lot of work and I picked up a lot of slack because I had been there the longest and I knew the customers the best. I usually started the day off with making coffee, counting the newspapers, and counting down my drawer. I felt the management did not appreciate me as an employee and the never gave the hourly wage that I was worth.
Dreary place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits and 401k
Cons: management rules with an iron fist; no leniency, staff spread too thin over multiple lines of business
Management cares little for employees as people. It's just about numbers and productivity,.
Retention
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHNovember 11, 2014
Cons: pay wasn't great
My job was to try to get people to not cancel the extra benefits they had with thier banks.

I got along with my coworks.
Great entry level jobs
Supervisor (Former Employee), WestervilleNovember 7, 2014
Pros: afrocentric friendly, tolerant, gay friendly, non jugdemental, latino friendly
Cons: none that i know of
This company has an outstanding reputation for hiring people of color and encouraging advancement. Even if you have a criminal record they will work with you so don't let that be a deterrent. I was there for quite some time and I had the pleasure of seeing this great company reach out to the African/Black and Latino communities to offer employment. The culture there is second to none and much better than any other call center in Columbus, it's very tolerant of anyone and any condition. So if you are a person of color or just anyone needing a job I would encourage you to apply and come on board the best place to work in Columbus.
Great Coaching Job
Bilingual Quality Assurance Coach (Former Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed this job a lot. I was able to coach call center agents to improve performance.
great company to work for.
Support Analyst Team lead (Former Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 3, 2014
Affinion Group offers a great benefit package to their employees, also provide an excellent training program.
Affinion
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), westerville, ohSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee, close to a great area to catch a quick workout
Cons: not really family oriented
As in any company there are ups and downs the managment staff tried to work with their team members to meet their needs however worklfow or scheduling sometimes could be a headache with no response to request weeks after they were put in then they would cancel them the day after you needed the time off
Fun place to work but no room for advancement
Customer Relations (Former Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: parties, luncheons, extracurricular activities
Cons: salary, unfair management, no advancement, high turnover
This company offers great extracurricular activities but there is no advancement unless you create a personal relationship with management.The qualified employees are not noticed unless you're a "favored employee" then you are given the position you desire without having to apply for it. The pay is also not worth the workload. Management in the department I worked in lack professionalism and the employees who are in their circle do less work. If you are a hard worker , desire good compensation, and want career growth , this is not the place for you.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Westerville, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: learning about credit scores
Cons: sitting at the desk for long periods of time
Inbound calls from customers trying to persuade them to keep their idenity theft protection.I've learned alot about keeping up with your credit score and how you can make it better.The co-workers were great they where very helpful and understanding.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the customers with our company to protect their identity.
Always changing. Frequent layoffs
Tariff Analyst (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: everything esle
Management didn't care about their employee. The employees never help one another.
Answering phones
Travelers Advantage Booking Agent (Former Employee), Westerville, OHAugust 19, 2014
Answering phones trying to get customers to keep their memberships for identity protection. I would talk about the benefits of identity protection and why it was a good idea to have. I later moved to the travel booking dept, which I highly enjoyed.
Productive day assisting consumers with good perks
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: adherence and management not being very understandable
A typical work day consisted of answering calls for consumers that had questions or concerns about their Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance policies.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment policies and other types of insurance as well.
Management was fair
Co-worker were great.
Adherence is the hardest being that I could not use the restroom freely.
The perks were great!
Great company with highly talented people.
SVP Protection Services (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 28, 2014
Cons: only downside was the fact i was commuting from north carolina to do this job.
Exciting and fun place to work. Mid and upper level management team one of the most talented I have ever seen. Each day was a challenge but also one filled with possibilities.

Hardest part of job was commute.
Great company to learn and grow
Executive (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2014
Learned so much and had an opportunity to move to new departments and learn new skills.

1 2 3 4 5