Affinion Employee Reviews in United States

Unstable Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 4, 2016
Under staffed and heavy work load. Management does not respect ideas from their staff nor do they care for a difference of opinion from their staff.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Cons
Restructure
Working for Affinion
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  columbus ohSeptember 23, 2015
Decent work environment, great co-workers, great cafe, nice bonus and chances to win prizes management could be more engaged with there team members and could be willing to work with team members who are struggling with life issues and need the schedules adjusted or just someone to tell them they are sorry they are going through something
Pros
on site cafe, decent benefits nice pay
Cons
managers dont care about employees
Seedy company
Director (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Business model of selling "air" caught up to them several years ago bringing states attorney generals down on them, management are all lawyers. They now are concentrating on doing business mostly in Europe where they can get away with their seedy marketing practices by evading US law. Operates on a breakage business model using direct marketing techniques, praying on people's greed to get them to signup for their clubs by offering them money off a purchase they make on e-commerance websites – than counting on the customer missing the monthly charge on their credit card statement.
Struggling Company
Office Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 18, 2016
Once upon a time Affinion was a great company to work for but no longer. No job security at any of their sites any longer, they need to get rid of the upper management in headquarters. In my department it was great until they put someone with no knowledge of Office Services and doesn't care one bit about the employees but will make sure she looks good to upper management. Bad decisions going on.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Managerment in headquarters need to go
Employment review
Sr. Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 11, 2016
Enjoyed working there. The people are a great asset and good to collaborate with.
Coming to work everyday was a pleasure and I enjoyed the fact that I was able to contribute and make a difference
Most difficult part of the job was seeing the company not change and adapt to current market trends sooner, which in turn resulted in restructuring.
fast paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2016
I enjoy the people and the environment. Affinion Group provides opportunities to grow and develop. I've learned to adapt to change and help others grow.
Pros
flexibilty, vacation, benefits
Cons
short breaks
Poor Management
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2016
Change in management has caused a loss in moral. Due to this, they have/are loosing a lot of tenured employees. I would not suggest working for this company.
I loved the people I worked with.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 11, 2016
The work relationships I gained through my time with Affinion will stay with me for the rest of my life. I am grateful for the experience I learned at that company.
Incentives and family like work environment
Retention Specialist Insurance Department (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 21, 2015
We always had a goal to meet and if we made that goal we would receive an incentive like free lunch, gift cards or gifts. It was an amazing support system with their management! We were all like family.
Nice work enviornment with easy to get along co workers
Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 5, 2012
We were treated fairly well on a day to day basis with comfortable working areas, free coffee and tea all day and clean building. Sometimes the upper management will conflict with one another making it difficult to know exactly how to proceed on certain things but my direct managers were very nice and productive. There were several rounds of layoffs making it a little uneasy not knowing if you would be next. Good Raises were hard to come by and we did not always get our full bonus.
Pros
great co workers, good amount of vacation days
Cons
very hard to advance your career, low raises
Good job while it lasts.
customer service (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job is working with untrained professionals. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it ends. Management has no control over their workers.
Love it
CSR (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 15, 2015
Wonderful job! It was laid back and easy. And the co-workers and upper management were nice as ever. Have no complaints about this job wish I was still here today.
Very Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist / Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 7, 2015
It's a changing business, but it's not the worst. If you can focus and take calls all day it would be a nice job for you.

There's too many things to list for what I've learned.

Co-workers are cool.
Pros
Working with fun people
Cons
The Cafe closes at 2pm... Constant Change... Pay isn't compensated
Affinion Group
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 24, 2013
A typical day at work was coming in and answering phones. Usually everyone that calls is calling to cancel the ID Theft protection service so it is my job to convince them to keep it. occasionally you would get people who wanted to enroll in the service but after all that the day is over you go home and start it all over tomorrow.
Pros
the food they made in the cafeteria, the benefits and the raise opportunity
Cons
short breaks, very irate and rude customers
Productive, fun, interesting with a foos ball table
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 19, 2013
Fast pace, allways challanging, identify what's due by SLAs, start there, field emergencys as they come up. Manage by the numbers, the things you would like to change, take time. Great people to work for, not many companys left like this. Co-workers 95% awsom 5% should be doing something else. Talking to the 5%. Seeing and working with the 95%
Pros
ice cream fridays, the best benefits
Cons
the 5%, and its far from home. gas prices
incentives
Customer Service Supervisor/Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 29, 2015
its a okay place to work but I think the staff could protect employees more when it comes to supervisors not knowing there jobs as well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
phones calls are rated by a quality control and its depends on them if you make it or not
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  westerville ohioMay 14, 2012
The pay benefits and area for advancement were not easily viewable to the new employee.
My type of job
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2013
Call center with a fair salary pay and easy way to gain extra money.
Very nice group peoples at Affinion Group
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 19, 2015
Affinion Group provide good benefit. It used to be a good environment to work, but it has been layoff every year, and they are outsourcing to offshore. The current group of employee are talented and fun.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
job security very low. layoff every year, and outsourcing.
Not a career company
Production Mgr (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2013
Layoffs, Layoffs, and Layoffs. This company needs to either shut Stamford down and move all jobs to Nashville and stop ruining peoples lives with layoffs every year. They give a 100 percent bonus and then layoff a lot of people. Does not make sense. Stop the bonus and SAVE JOBS..........wake up Apollo. This management needs to go.
Pros
people, happy hour and location
Cons
layoffs, bad decisions on management promotions, they get rid of you after 5 years