Affinion Employee Reviews

its ok
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 8, 2016
they need better leaders, more money, they need more worker. work to life balance was awful. hr could use some more people also they company is known for fraud.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Affinion Group
Team Lead / Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 25, 2016
You learn a lot and are exposed to many heterogeneous technologies. My fellow employees are great to work with. Direct manager is great - good work/life balance for me.
Pros
exposure to a lot of different technologies
Cons
company downsizing
Good place to work, great coworkers and support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 12, 2016
handle incoming calls and emails.
multitasking
great team spirit
hardest part was getting used to using multiple computer programs to assist various memberships
most enjoyable was helping members and learning new memberships policies and procedures
Pros
The job perks. Luncheons, etc
Cons
the traffic
Struggling Company
Office Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 18, 2016
Once upon a time Affinion was a great company to work for but no longer. No job security at any of their sites any longer, they need to get rid of the upper management in headquarters. In my department it was great until they put someone with no knowledge of Office Services and doesn't care one bit about the employees but will make sure she looks good to upper management. Bad decisions going on.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Managerment in headquarters need to go
Fun place to work.
Identity and Access Management (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 13, 2016
I was introduced to the IT world at my current position as an Access Management Analyst. I collaborate with a variety of of Teams in the IT Support Organization, and always get an opportunity to learn from others.
Employment review
Sr. Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 11, 2016
Enjoyed working there. The people are a great asset and good to collaborate with.
Coming to work everyday was a pleasure and I enjoyed the fact that I was able to contribute and make a difference
Most difficult part of the job was seeing the company not change and adapt to current market trends sooner, which in turn resulted in restructuring.
fast paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2016
I enjoy the people and the environment. Affinion Group provides opportunities to grow and develop. I've learned to adapt to change and help others grow.
Pros
flexibilty, vacation, benefits
Cons
short breaks
I loved the people I worked with.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 11, 2016
The work relationships I gained through my time with Affinion will stay with me for the rest of my life. I am grateful for the experience I learned at that company.
Unstable Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 4, 2016
Under staffed and heavy work load. Management does not respect ideas from their staff nor do they care for a difference of opinion from their staff.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Cons
Restructure
Seedy company
Director (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Business model of selling "air" caught up to them several years ago bringing states attorney generals down on them, management are all lawyers. They now are concentrating on doing business mostly in Europe where they can get away with their seedy marketing practices by evading US law. Operates on a breakage business model using direct marketing techniques, praying on people's greed to get them to signup for their clubs by offering them money off a purchase they make on e-commerance websites – than counting on the customer missing the monthly charge on their credit card statement.
Poor Management
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2016
Change in management has caused a loss in moral. Due to this, they have/are loosing a lot of tenured employees. I would not suggest working for this company.
Good job while it lasts.
customer service (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job is working with untrained professionals. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it ends. Management has no control over their workers.
Incentives and family like work environment
Retention Specialist Insurance Department (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 21, 2015
We always had a goal to meet and if we made that goal we would receive an incentive like free lunch, gift cards or gifts. It was an amazing support system with their management! We were all like family.
Love it
CSR (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 15, 2015
Wonderful job! It was laid back and easy. And the co-workers and upper management were nice as ever. Have no complaints about this job wish I was still here today.
Very Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist / Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 7, 2015
It's a changing business, but it's not the worst. If you can focus and take calls all day it would be a nice job for you.

There's too many things to list for what I've learned.

Co-workers are cool.
Pros
Working with fun people
Cons
The Cafe closes at 2pm... Constant Change... Pay isn't compensated
incentives
Customer Service Supervisor/Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 29, 2015
its a okay place to work but I think the staff could protect employees more when it comes to supervisors not knowing there jobs as well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
phones calls are rated by a quality control and its depends on them if you make it or not
Working for Affinion
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  columbus ohSeptember 23, 2015
Decent work environment, great co-workers, great cafe, nice bonus and chances to win prizes management could be more engaged with there team members and could be willing to work with team members who are struggling with life issues and need the schedules adjusted or just someone to tell them they are sorry they are going through something
Pros
on site cafe, decent benefits nice pay
Cons
managers dont care about employees
Productive and fun workplace.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 24, 2015
This is a great company with great people to work with and I am really learning a lot there. Everyone there is helping everyone. Also the building is new.
Pros
Learning a lot.
Cons
No cons.
productive, fun, team parties
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
While working at Affinion I learned a lot. I loved the working at the call center. Learned things like how to control conversations. How to handle irate customers without getting upset yourself. Learned ways to sell products to confused or unaware customers. The experiment was wonderful. The best part of the job was working with the customers and experiencing the call center atmosphere.
Pros
The team parties and bonuses for making more sells.
Cons
when it was a slow day when no one called.
Very nice group peoples at Affinion Group
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 19, 2015
Affinion Group provide good benefit. It used to be a good environment to work, but it has been layoff every year, and they are outsourcing to offshore. The current group of employee are talented and fun.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Job security very low. Layoff every year, and outsourcing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinion. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval