Job: Sr Software Engineer
Location: Oklahoma. Relocation assistance is available.
Salary range: open
Job type: permanent hire
Our client is a well known manufacturer of electronic and capital equipment. Due to the growth of their business, they are investing in their future by adding an entire new engineering team who will develop next generation electronic products.
The technological focus is going to be based on the detection, sensing, and evaluation of underground conditions, and subsequent control of the devices and equipment that will be acting on the information.
Challenges to be addressed might include how underground devices will sense and evaluate underground terrain and then transmit information through solid rock, river bottoms, or many yards of soil. Other challenges might include how to provide continuous power without relying on batteries.
Potential applications include oil and gas exploration, drilling, directional digging, seismic research, and defense.
This is a high growth, highly entrepreneurial environment.
Compensation will be formulated around the person hired. This company pays extremely well and their location is famous for the great lifestyle advantages that are nearby. Opportunity for advancement is extremely high both due to the growth of the business as well as the success of the Engineering Manager and GM who will be very committed to the success of the team.
Location is in central Oklahoma, within a reasonable commuting distance of Stillwater and Oklahoma City.
The team will consist of a design manager, a senior design EE, a junior design EE, a senior software engineer, and a junior software engineer.
The senior software engineer with design software for the company's products. Depending on the project, the employee will either work as an individual or as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The employee sometimes directs the work of other designers and technicians, and performs other duties as assigned.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze technical information from a variety of sources, including:
- Conversations with engineers, product managers, suppliers, etc
- Technical documents
- Operation of equipment
- Tests & experiments
- Develop design concepts for software, including operational features, user interface and interactions with other equipment
- Develop and de-bug software prototypes to demonstrate compliance with specifications, define software test plan and track necessary changes for software throughout testing
- Adhere to established software development processes
- Prepare production documentation
- Provide solutions to complex and challenging issues beyond the capabilities of a Design Engineer while balancing workload among multiple projects and priorities
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Competencies):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Engineer with more than 4 years of experience. Advanced degree may be a substitute for some experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Results-driven and action-oriented; positive and energetic
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Good problem-analysis and resolution skills
- Proficiency in C / C++ programming language, data structure and/or object-oriented design
- Proficiency with Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and implementation
- Proficiency with Embedded Operating Systems (OS) i.e. Linux, iOS, Windows, etc.
- Proficiency with communications protocols including RS-232, CANOpen and SAE J1939
- Experience working with MathWorks MatLab, Simulink, Stateflow, and Embedded Coder is desirable
- Experience with GPS, USB, BlueTooth, and tablet applications
Qualified candidates will please submit their MS Word for immediate and confidential consideration along with answers to the following questions:
1) Please describe your experience in each of the following areas, in as much detail as you can (it's OK if you don't have everything...nobody does):
a. C / C++ programming language, data structure and/or object-oriented design
b. Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and implementation
c. Embedded Operating Systems (OS) i.e. Linux, iOS, Windows, etc.
d. Communications protocols including RS-232, CANOpen and SAE J1939
e. MathWorks MatLab, Simulink, Stateflow, and Embedded Coder
f. GPS, USB, BlueTooth, and tablet applications
2) Please explain the reasons for each of your job changes since 2000, including why you are seeking a new position now.
3) Do you require immigration sponsorship? If so, what is your current status? (H1B, etc…)
4) What is your current (or most recent) compensation package? Please let me know what your base salary is/was, and what your actual bonus paid was.
5) If necessary, would you be available to be relocated to central Oklahoma?
a. Do you own where you currently live, or do you rent?