Affinity Health Plan

Affinity Health Plan Employer Reviews

It depends on the department
Rather not disclose (Current Employee), Bronx NYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free zumba classes, relax environment, bbq fridays during the summer
Cons: a little disorganized in some aspects
Like in every company it depends on which dept you work for.. Its Obvious that if you work in mbr services for example, or any dept that takes calls, your brakes will be limited and attendance will be scrutinized, because that's what is required in a call center environment.

I dont work for a call center, I'm more in the medical field and and I love – more... my job . Work stays at work, no significant stress to affect you outside of work. Pay is good since is a small company with a big budget. They have health awareness programs for employees, they have Zumba classes for employees once a week. They have fruit and cocktails from time to time oh and there's even BBQ Fridays during the summer.

Overall to me, ( and I have worked in 2 other managed care companies ), this place is great. Good pay, good people, good environment and the CEO is the coolest guy ever.

Choose your dept wisely ;) – less
Future employee and Members beware!!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: decent salaries, good benefits
Cons: minimal raises, no place for promotion
Cons: minimal raises, no place for promotion
The management style at this company turns the clock back 15 years. New leadership is good at putting a "spin" on marketing that the company cares about community, but in reality all they care about is the almighty dollar. Proves to be just another corporate double speak culture. If they really cared about – more... community, they would not have laid off people that have been working there for more than 10 years for no reason. All because their salaries reflected their years of work! Beware of QM and Med Mgmt. Bosses are dictators that assign excessive workload without regard for having systems in place to actually support front line people to get the work done. It’s like working for the gestapo. Complaints and grievances senior management hire people to complete the responsibilities that they used to work on before department expansion so their work load is greatly reduced. One actually has perfected napping while giving the impression of sitting at desk and everyone knows it, yet situation is not addressed. Management is all about favoritism and friends. Promotion and yearly performance reviews are all about favoritism and this is not only allowed by upper management and HR but condoned! If you're "in" you can get away with doing the absolute minimum or even failing NYS regulatory audit without even getting corrective action! Human resources is clearly a management tool and has no interest in employee satisfaction. There are no tools or department to help an employee. It's either put up or get out. – less
Poorly run company, that promotes unprofessional employees into management positions.
Membership Accountant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: very relaxed and laid back work environment
Cons: very unprofessional, employees are underpaid, most likely will be out of business soon
Poorly run company, that probably wont be around too much longer.
Productive and very busy
Medical Management Team Leader (Current Employee), 2500 Halsey Street Bronx NY 10461August 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch and 3 weeks vacation
Cons: benefits are expensive, lack of training/management support.
Manage and lead the Medical Team (RN Case Manager, LPN’s and Social workers, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all tasks
. Monitor team performance, identifying any issues and providing informal and formal feedback
. Address / resolve any customer-service issues. Ensure proper flow of patients / doctors from Ensure accurate indexing of all paperwork, – more... Monitor / handle deliveries and invoices for medical products, Monitor / alter team member work schedules and time off.

The hardest part of my job is lack of management support, Lack of staff training. Also trying to reach members primary care doctors for update documents such as M11Q forms for PCA services or PRI forms for members to be transfer to Skill Nursing Facilities

The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is my team works well as a team and respects one another. – less
Must be a jack of all trades in the claims department
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Bronx NYAugust 9, 2014
Pros: i love the work that i do! claims is my passion
Always reviewing emails responding to providers in a timley fashion to avoid DFS complaints. While you are doing this you must also maintain HIPAA complaint, remain at the proper productivity quota and assuring accuracy.

The hardest part of the job is when you have an irate provider and decompressing the situation by going above and beyond. Going to – more... other departments to receive on the spot approval to rectify mistakes and also maintaining audit quality.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the success i feel when the project is completed, all appeals and medical records reviewed. – less
DON'T Do it !!,
CS, Claims, PR, Marketing (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: not anymore
Cons: gossip, disrespectful mgr, no room for growth, everything
I work for this company for 15 yrs and.
Once upon a time. long long long ago, this used to be a good company to work for. However it's has turned to GARBAGE!

As soon as the new CEO took over the company, it turned for the worst. Yes, there is lots of decent people, but none from upper management. Just recently they lay off what appears to be all of – more... their good hard working employees, and the new ones don't know what the heck they are doing!!!!!

I don't think this company will be around much longer.... Do your self a favor and stay as far as you can. This org. will ruined your skills, and kill your spirit... – less
Nice Company to work for
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 29, 2014
The executives doors are always open for complaints and suggestions. There is a quarterly town hall meeting to review the performance of the company and give employees the chance to ask questions and bring out suggestions. There is also end of year get together
Not a good Company to work for.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 20, 2014
Cons: loud voice and low level of management communication.
The management team are a bunch uneducated people who have no level of communication and who treats people nothing like piece of garbage. Specially Yonkers and Rockland County. This company will use you by making a bunch of fake promises.I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.The manager only like girls to work for him. After i complaint to his – more... boss because of his discrimination actions i became a target. – less
disorganized , no support
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 16, 2014
hardest part of job is to solely complete your work from your own experience. no one to go to with questions
Team meeting and yearly associate outing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: provides awards for monthly quality calls
Cons: short breaks
family friendly co-worker. All Customer services reps are happy and friendly co-workers. We all enjoy providing our members with their covered benefits.

My co-workers and I on a daily basis will encourage each other on the time and speed to handle a call.

The hardest part is when there is a new information to provide the member and the material is – more... not handy , I would handle the call according to Affinity policy and procedure, – less
Company concern on clients health
Marketing Support Representative/Call Center Dept (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2014
Affinity Health Plan are very knowledgeable and cares about their clients needs.
Can be a great place to work!
QM (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 3, 2014
met some great people. I acquired additional skills. wonderful experiences in the past.
very productive job duties.
Fleet Support Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 10, 2014
Daily pre trip inspection. Daily drop off of recertification for health insurance for customers. drop off supplies to street fair and special events mainly on weekends.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: able to work independently
Cons: short breaks
The job was okay - you were able to work independently, needed to exceed your goal of 100 claims per day
a great bunch of people to work with
PROVIDER RELATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2014
I love my job and what I do. I have learned more in 4 years then I think I would have learned at school. I'm a hands on person.
Fun place to work
Marketing / Sales Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Management can use some better training, but overall it is a good place to work
comfortable workplace
TEMP (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2014
people were very nice. the fact that you were able to do your job and help others
Pre-screen clients to determine eligibility for benefits
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Pre-screen clients to determine eligibility for benefits
Apply at your own risk
Complaints, Grievance and Appeals Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2014
This organization does not respect their employees and there is no room for growth.
Standard place to work.
Supervisor- Operations Training& Business Support (Current Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2013
Affinity was what i would assume your typical managed care company would be like.

1 2 3

About Affinity Health Plan

Affinity Health Plan has a knack for providing health care services to New York families. The not-for-profit company offers a – Read more