Affinity Health Plan Employee Reviews in United States

Very goal Oriented Job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2016
A typical day would consist of answering calls in a timely manner.
I've learned to multi task at everything I do. it allows to get the job done.
Management was very understanding and accommodating depending on your needs
Co workers were friendly
No communication was the hardest part
A lot of things made it enjoyable hard to choose just one. Actually Company Parties.
Pros
Accomodating
Cons
Short Lunches
Great work enviroment.-
Claims Approver (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2016
In a typical dayI fulfilled management tasks by review claims for accuracy, completeness and consistency. Process in accordance with plan provisions. Using enterprise managed care data base system, retrieve information and update coding as necessary to process claims. Meet or exceed productivity and quality expectations as detailed in Claims Department Performance Plan.
My coworkers are a great group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is working collectively with my peers.
good people
Sr Network Administratornt (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2016
Small group of good people IT bad management. No Work life balance even though this is preached. Compensation is below average.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Bad Management Micro manager
Great company.
Medicare Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, NYJune 9, 2016
Affinity is a great company, in the time I was at affinity I felt like I was part of a family. I started working in the Bronx and then was transferred to orange county where I had never been before but I excepted the challenge. I worked my way into building great relationships which build me into one of the top performers at affinity. The opportunity to interview for a managers position came up. I was formally interviewed but did not have the time accumulated. so I was passed on the opportunity. Then they hired a manager for the territory i was working at. in all honesty the worst decision Affinity has ever made. but overall I enjoyed working at affinity.
Commendable vision and employee recognition.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work would entail interfacing with providers in and out of network to rectify denials on claims. While following Medicaid/Medicare guidelines, one would advise a provider on the proper steps to take in order to facilitate some kind of payment to them.

You gain broadened knowledge on Medicaid and Medicare guidelines, as well as the advantages of having a managed care plan.

Management accommodates the needs of the department while encompassing a productive work environment to the best of their abilities.

Affinity Health Plan is quite diverse and the team of people there are a pleasure to work with day in and day out.

The hardest part of the job would be acclimating to the Medicaid and Medicare guidelines that change frequently while servicing 300,000 members and getting them to understand these changes, but possible with a little time and education.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of being able to help a provider to better understand claims processing and getting to the root of any and all problems.
Pros
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Pre-Taxed MetroCard, Working Advantage Account, Beautiful site.
Cons
Short Breaks, Infrequent department meetings to review changes, High turnover rate.
The worst place ever to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 19, 2016
Horrible, horrible, low life company - the worst ever. Run very far away.

I have never in all my professional career worked with such low-life individuals. Where junior staff members have more degrees that certain senior staff members. They have unethical practices - a huge train wreck waiting to happen.

If I could rate no stars I would.
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Medicare Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2016
Affinity is one of best job/place I've ever worked at. Workers are great and friendly. Management is great and helpful. There's no pressure when working in my department. I get to finish my work on my time though there is a turn around time. The jobs also has it perk you get point for doing great in which you can use to purchase items. Overall you do your work and be on time you will love what the company has to offer. The longest I know people stay is 35 years. Last the company has great training and a university to help educate you.
Pros
you get to work at home and benefits are great
Cons
N/A
love my daily production
Medical Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at CarePlus Health Plan, not because it was a family-like environment, everyone was kind and cordial to each other that meant a lot to me, it was with heartfelt sadness when they let us all go and sold the company to Amerigroup.

NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, I will describe it as crabs in a barrel, everyone trying to climb over you to get to the top. I am saying all of this to emphasize the difference with the two companies, which made me a much stronger and better person to deal with the real world and real people.

The best part of the day is to accomplish my daily task and be cordial with my co-workers, that if I have to ask them for a reference it is guaranteed to be good.

Thank you.
Pros
love what I was doing
Cons
not being recognized for my hard work
Start of something New
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2016
Affinity's new CEO is on a mission to change the culture of the organization while still holding true to its foundation. This is a great learning and family-friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the tasks I do on a daily basis contributes to the health and well-being of our members. I enjoy working with and learning from the people I work with.
great place to work
Senior Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2016
I was there for 14 years through so many changes. The office was big and light which made working at the office more pleasant
Pros
mostly in the field
Cons
long comute
take incoming calls from physicians, set up authorizations
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working there. great management and great training program. Decent pay and room to change departments/advance
cool place
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I dont remember much but i Know they work you to your full potential and give you chances. they have been around for a long time
Pros
established
Cons
over worked
Good Work place
Marketing Representative/Facilitated Enroller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Affinity help me finish building my knowledge in the health industry and i thank them alot for all there help. They also help me complete several certificates in Health Insurance.
review
customer service representative Claims (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2016
answer phones calling providers and hospitals calling members
resolving claims issues affinity health plan is a great company to work for because of the wonderful coworkers. everyone works as a team to focus on the needs of our members.
Productive and fun place
Retention Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 19, 2015
It was a fun and productive company, since everyday it was busy. Management and team were very supportive and work as a team.
positive place to work
Health insurance facilitator en-roller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2015
positive employers and employees great benefits nice environment

team players a lot of activities place to grow teammates support great locations
Everyday is different and very fast paced environment
Certified App Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2015
Being needed and providing support to so many people who need medical insurance and utilizing my bilingual skills in order to help the community.
Pros
Client proud of my work and work ethics
Cons
Feeling needed and knowing I was dependable
Positive Work Environment
Certified Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 4, 2015
Daily conversation with members on current health status , education for new diagnosis and prescribed medications.
Establish adherence to HEDIS ( Health Plan Employer Data and Information Set) for member medical care.
I have learned cultural understanding as the clients are from a diverse population
Management provides direction for staff and support when necessary and recognizes staffs strengthen
Co-Workers develop a team support environment
The hardest aspect of my job his is having members provide accurate contact information for case management services
The most enjoyable experience attained from my job is observing a patient demonstrating self empowerment form the health education they were provided
Great place to work.
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 28, 2015
My experience at Affinity Health Care was phenomenal. I enjoyed my work everyday and was able to produce great result. My work and personal life was very balanced. Got an opportunity to learn new tools, techniques, business rules, strategies etc.
Run far away do not work here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2015
This place is a joke. The people who work there, the corporate culture are jokes. There is no such thing as job security or advancement at Affinity Health Plan. They don't respect education. There are people in executive roles who have never been to college. There are people who engage in lewd behavior and do drugs on the companies premises. There are multiple fraud cases and legal claims against Affinity Health Plan pending. DO NOT WORK HERE. There are plenty of other companies to work for, Affinity shouldn't be one of them.
Pros
non
Cons
Barely anyone there has tact.

2.9