Affinity Health Plan Employee Reviews

Good Place to work, great coworkers
Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2017
Affinity was a great place to work. Management is good and fair. The yearly increases could be better for the performance and work done. The work environment is overall good.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Growth
Tragedy of mis management
Corporate Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 31, 2017
This company was a great company to work for. Unfortunately due to poor management the company has performed poorly. This resulted in a massive layoff which included my position. I hope the company will regain its footing in the future. It was a really good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of Recognition
Good environment
NIC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2017
Great people, good work environment, nice establishment. Provide a kitchen with refridgerator, coffee, water, ice, sink, microwave, and break areas. Unfortunately company is downsizing.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Downsizing
Hectic work enviorment
Medicare Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2017
This position was a stressful position from the start. Very loud work environment and there is a level of favoritism that takes place there. I would not recommend landing a position with this company.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Director of Revenue Management - Finance (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2017
This is a company that is going through some major transitions and in the process is finding its identity. This a company that has much potential and will hopefully one day reach and maximize its worth.
Affinity Health Plan - Poor Management
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2017
The company is failing financially and has been over the course of 10 years. Poor management has led to the failure of the company. The company lacks diversity on the executive level and harassment is part of the common culture. The founder of the company did not support lay offs, however when she was forced to resign, the executive management after her made sure lay offs would become common and executive management got to enjoy big bonuses while the little workers received a pat on the head.
Pros
local to Bronxites
Cons
foolishness; like being in high school or kindergarten
very competitive and cut-throat culture
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2017
This past summer of 2017, 80 people were laid off in one day without prior notice. The company is bleeding money but refuses to tell its employees the truth. The physician's claims are not being paid.
Enjoyed helping the community in which we served
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 12, 2017
not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2017
There was no room for advancement. There was a lot of nepotism, preferential treatment at this location. People are promoted based on who you know not on what you know basis.
Affinity Health Plan
Provider Maintenance Specialists (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 3, 2017
I have worked with this company for nearly 7 years. I loved my job and what was required. I would always keep my bucket list clear with no pending assignments. I was the quickest at my job and did it in an excellent timely manner. Many times beating the deadlines requested. Kept all my information organized and easy to find.
Management in that time sadly was always being changed.
The hardest part was reintroducing myself and my abilities to each new Manager.
What I enjoyed most was that I worked independently and loved the ability to work and still be able to listen to music on my headphones.
I tend to concentrate more when I work independently without any supervision, I get totally involved in my job and prefer it that way.
Pros
Worked Independently
Cons
Management Conflicts
Busy Practice
Registered Nurse Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 27, 2017
Quick paced primary care practice. Wonderful nursing manager but not much flexibility with hours. No advancement available. Providers are nice, and easy to talk to. It does require a lot of time management and organization to accomplish all tasks needed.
Pros
great health insurance if you live in the area
Cons
Low end accrual rate for PTO, Annual Raises low
poor leadership
Manager Claims Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
very stressful environment. leaders always plays favoritism and create conflict. Discrimination if very evident in the place and leadership team do not address concerns or conflicts.
Enjoyed helping the comunity in which we served
Marketing Retention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I managed Reps who served the community with assistance to affordable Healthcare, as a team we Developed outreach strategies that educated our membership on the eligibility of Government Programs. I found this to be an enriching experience for me as well as for the people we served. The company had a restructuring of upper management that resulted in the termination of many mid management positions. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the changes affecting the State funded Health Care Programs. It was a great experience to work with a diverse Team of Reps who had a passion for assisting the community they served daily.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Medical, 403b
Cons
adapting to Health Care Changes
Unstable and Lack of Effective Leadership
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Worked here for a year. During this time I experienced many challenges from having poor leaders guide me through my on boarding process to having to learn my job role on my own with very to non-existent training.
Life work balance does not exist here as many of the managers work extensive hours and they expect everyone to follow this unhealthy practice.
There is no change management strategies, each time there is change is managed very poorly and unorganized.
Pros
Provides you with opportunity to learn on the healthcare business.
Cons
No life work balance, unorganized, lack of effective leadership
Fast paced
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I loved the people at Affinity it was like going to work everyday with your family. The changes that took place is what I didn't like so many different changes in a short time.
Pros
great environment
Cons
location
Affinity is currently laying off staff
Director, Performance Improvement & Reporting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Affinity staff at all levels are currently being let go due to fiscal constraints.

Affinity is an "at will employment" company so people are being walked out. Additionally, many of the staff have resigned and Affinity will not replace the position. It's very difficult working there at this time.
needs work
I rather not say (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2017
Affinity started off being a great company to work for. Then the company had lay offs. Now its like a ghost town.

The company needs to stop spending unnecessary money on vendors. And pay their current employees
Pros
getting a check, working remote, benifits
Cons
everything else
Used to be a great place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2017
Financial hardships have caused the company to slowly sink into a never ending pit. Poor management at the senior and executive levels. The top folks have lost focus of Affinity Health Plan's original mission. There is always a constant threat of folks losing their job. Who wants to work like that? Sad.
Pros
Good benefits; good people (the Lifers).
Cons
Everything else to be honest
Excellent place to work
Recertification Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 8, 2017
Omg, very respectable company with a lots off people who loved what they do and eager to share their knowledge with all the knew employees, I relly learn a lot from them.
Pros
Mon- Fri 9to5. Best schedule
Cons
Everything is great there
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work. Corporate.
appreciate employees with promotions and employee activites. Midsize company with various opportunies to do well.
Gym on the site.
Pros
pie thanksgiving
Cons
management