AFFINITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Was an ok place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 16, 2017
You can defiantly find a better job. When I first started working there it was a fun place to work but then my department got outsourced which turned into the worse job ever.
Nice Small Hospital Atmosphere
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OH 44646May 25, 2017
I worked in the surgical pretesting department. I assisted in patient care, I managed scheduling the patients appointments, collecting data from computer for patients visit with anesthesia and case manager. I learned about surgery and surgery protocol.

The managers in the hospital were nice, but were not strong leaders.

The hardest part of the job was working with RN's that were in a union, and in my department could pick their own hours, eat breakfast and lunch on company time, and leave early without having completed their work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the small hospital atmosphere and the majority of the employees were kind.
Pros
Great Place to work, I love the job.
Cons
Passive Management, Union only protects RN's and they do what they want.
Dream Come True
Surgical Aide in the Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 20, 2017
I had always wanted to work there as I had been a candy striper there as a teenager. Loved my boss but my co-workers were not that great at sharing the load. I got laid off with 50 some others.
Lacks focus; no physician champion
RN (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 17, 2017
Affinity has the potential to be a great place to work but lacks physician champions who care about the hospital. Administration allows inconsistency and lacks focus to grow and nurture staff and the different programs.
i enjoy it there dont mind working there
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 3, 2017
its ok ,I'm still an externship student, but i don't mind working there plus i know almost everyone there. so i hope i land a job there doing registration. they need to lower the price of cafeteria food
clean the restroom often.
Learning work place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at work would be to clock in, draw morning pick up, draw timed studies and stats throughout the day, ER draws, and helping in out patient until your shift is over. What I learned at Affinity was problem solving and being able to obtain blood in any situation possible.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Only 15 minute Breaks
Fast pace
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 15, 2017
I do not actually work here, but I have my clinical hours here. It seems very enjoyable during the times that I'm there and everyone seems to know everyone.
At one time this was a very nice place to work.
Support Staff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 6, 2017
Being owned by a large corporation makes everyday work that much harder. Control over hospital systems is limited by corporate so patience is needed to survive in this environment.
Community hospital offering excellent care
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Has been a very good employer, offers patients excellent care, state of the art heart equipment. Small hospital offers more one on one care. Physicians are excellent.
Pros
Less stressful atmosphere
Cons
small staff = more on call
Very good place to work
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 27, 2016
I really enjoy working here I love the team work and I like taking care of people. The benefits are very good as well. For the most part I think that everyone who works there likes there job.
Pros
Benifits and team culture.
Cons
none that I can think of.
This place is a joke!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Massillon OhioSeptember 26, 2016
I am blown away by the lack of nursing leadership. The CNO looks like a zombie as he walks around in a fog. We are always understaffed, under educated, and management is no where to be seen. Equipment is old and never seems to work. We have too few aides to help us and there is no communication and team work between units. Time to get out of here and go to a hospital that has its act together.
Pros
Cons
Read my review!!
very wonderful nurse's at affinity
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 21, 2015
wonderful nurse's at the facility it just is a shame that their management has to play games with them.
Working with the staff has been very much working together, although with the hiring of new grads into the critical care unit with minimal training is a serious problem. Also the ratio of staff to patient is not normal you frequently will be assigned more then the ratio and be told oh those are step down patients, unfortunately they have been in the ICU and don't know they are not icu.
Pros
nice working staff
Cons
management
Good leadership
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE 2 - OUTPATIENT THERAPY (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHAugust 6, 2015
Good leadership and bosses provide an effective and productive work environment. Some of the equipment is older but the creativity of the staff make it work well.
Charge Nurse - Emergency Room, Midnight shift (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 25, 2015
Had good benefits. Nice teamwork. Physicians were easy to collaborate with. You will keep your skills fresh. Easy to get vacation time.
small but busy hospital
Internship (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 9, 2015
I was new in my career. I learnt a lot in this hospital about different modality and how to scan. I learnt how to scan general, small part and Obstetrics initially in this hospital.
Pros
very busy hospital
Cons
not enough staff
Loved the staff
Registered Nurse in the Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Massillon, Ohio 44646March 4, 2015
I did rounds and saw patients. I loved it here. I did my job, had tons of backup. Unfortunatly, my doc gave me a short leash, and I was not able to make many independant decisions.
Pros
come in when I want
Cons
no freedom to make decisions about patients
professional atmosphere
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OhioSeptember 2, 2014
A small community hospital that has a wide variety of services available.
this snu was closed
Med Surg floor as the staff RN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 3, 2014
loved working there ,great transition unit from acute unit to home or long term care. small patient nurse ratiodue to more care needed; from iv meds, ngs,pegs with tube feedings etc ,wound care etc ..miss it.
Pros
great insurance, caferteria on site, free ceus etc
Cons
snu unit was closed
Air Force is First
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 1, 2014
The Air Force is job first with precision. Job and Family life is a bit hard to handle for someone not able to make time. If you like paying attention to small things you will do well.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
healthcare quality
Worst work place ever
Surgical/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 19, 2013
You will always be understaffed, overworked, underpaid and unappreciated!
Cons
No breaks in 12 hrs, bad benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFFINITY MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8