AFFINITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Good leadership
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE 2 - OUTPATIENT THERAPY (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHAugust 6, 2015
Good leadership and bosses provide an effective and productive work environment. Some of the equipment is older but the creativity of the staff make it work well.
Charge Nurse - Emergency Room, Midnight shift (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 25, 2015
Had good benefits. Nice teamwork. Physicians were easy to collaborate with. You will keep your skills fresh. Easy to get vacation time.
small but busy hospital
Internship (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 9, 2015
I was new in my career. I learnt a lot in this hospital about different modality and how to scan. I learnt how to scan general, small part and Obstetrics initially in this hospital.
Pros
very busy hospital
Cons
not enough staff
Loved the staff
Registered Nurse in the Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Massillon, Ohio 44646March 4, 2015
I did rounds and saw patients. I loved it here. I did my job, had tons of backup. Unfortunatly, my doc gave me a short leash, and I was not able to make many independant decisions.
Pros
come in when i want
Cons
no freedom to make decisions about patients
professional atmosphere
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OhioSeptember 2, 2014
A small community hospital that has a wide variety of services available.
this snu was closed
Med Surg floor as the staff RN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 3, 2014
loved working there ,great transition unit from acute unit to home or long term care. small patient nurse ratiodue to more care needed; from iv meds, ngs,pegs with tube feedings etc ,wound care etc ..miss it.
Pros
great insurance, caferteria on site, free ceus etc
Cons
snu unit was closed
Air Force is First
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 1, 2014
The Air Force is job first with precision. Job and Family life is a bit hard to handle for someone not able to make time. If you like paying attention to small things you will do well.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
healthcare quality
Worst work place ever
Surgical/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 19, 2013
You will always be understaffed, overworked, underpaid and unappreciated!
Cons
no breaks in 12 hrs, bad benefits
Enjoyed Helping and supporting patient's.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 1, 2013
Company was focused on making money more then being focused on the patient's and employees.
A sad place.
RN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 2, 2013
I have learned that not for profit businesses are much better to work for. Since this company was bought by a for profit company it has went down the drain. We squeeze every penny out of everyone, including the patients. There are not policies for every or many thing, contray to what management says. Using the "grievance policy" doesn't work and they make rules up for the day to day and person to person including pay! This used to be a nice place....sad.
Pros
longterm employees who stick it out and make the best for their patients
Cons
management, pay, equipment, technology
No opportunity for new people
New Graduate (Former Employee) –  All DepartmentsMay 1, 2013
This company will not hire those just out of school regardless of academic achievement.
I just hope their DOCTORS didn't KILL any patients when they were LEARNING ON THE JOB!! Yes, even DOCTORS learn ON THE JOB. But this hospital will NEVER hire those without LOTS of experience.
Will somebody tell me WHY anyone with a brain would leave their current job- with experience- and start out new at Affinity at 'entry level' wages (a pay cut)??? It's just ignorant.
I will NEVER go to this hospital. It's economics- they buy my labor, I'll buy their services. If not, NO!
And I'm telling my friends and they'll tell their friends and so on and so on.......
Affinity- get your heads out of the litter box and start hiring TALENT!!
Cons
hope they don't kill patients.
There is a stable on going work load.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 10, 2013
The hardest part of this job is they schedule one person for the entire hospital on week ends from 2:30PM to 11:00PM that must try to meet the needs of all departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patients with basic needs such as soap, towels and water. (Such small things make patients smile.) This would be a good place for someone who is satisfied with a low level non-responsible position however, should you choose to advance it is not the position I would recommend. As a part time employee you can also work 40 hours every week.
Fair treatment of personnel . Lots of encouragement for personal growth and learning.
Staff RN in the Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OhioMay 5, 2012
I learned so much there and wish that I had never left. I had to leave though since where I lived I could not make the 15 minute response time while on call. The Nurses in Surgery were excellent teachers and co-workers. We all worked hard and wanted each other to excel. I remember when the abdominal procedures using a camera just started to take root. Lots of new procedures with the laser were beginning too.
Pros
helping people
Cons
only 15 minute response time while on call
Was a great place to work prior to the merge.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 7, 2012
After the merger things changed. I had 30 years at MCH then my job was eliminated. Everytime I apply for a job at Affinity I am denied. I worked real hard when it was 2 separate hospitals. I miss my MCH family.
Cons
no team work, management doesn't seem to care about staff.

2.9