AFFINITY MEDICAL CENTER

AFFINITY MEDICAL CENTER United States Employee Reviews

professional atmosphere
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Massillon, OhioSeptember 2, 2014
A small community hospital that has a wide variety of services available.
this snu was closed
Med Surg floor as the staff RN (Former Employee), Massillon, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great insurance, caferteria on site, free ceus etc
Cons: snu unit was closed
loved working there ,great transition unit from acute unit to home or long term care. small patient nurse ratiodue to more care needed; from iv meds, ngs,pegs with tube feedings etc ,wound care etc ..miss it.
Air Force is First
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Massillon, OHJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: healthcare quality
The Air Force is job first with precision. Job and Family life is a bit hard to handle for someone not able to make time. If you like paying attention to small things you will do well.
Worst work place ever
Surgical/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee), Massillon, OHOctober 19, 2013
Cons: no breaks in 12 hrs, bad benefits
You will always be understaffed, overworked, underpaid and unappreciated!
Enjoyed Helping and supporting patient's.
Registrar (Former Employee), Massillon, OHOctober 1, 2013
Company was focused on making money more then being focused on the patient's and employees.
A sad place.
RN (Former Employee), Massillon, OHMay 2, 2013
Pros: longterm employees who stick it out and make the best for their patients
Cons: management, pay, equipment, technology
I have learned that not for profit businesses are much better to work for. Since this company was bought by a for profit company it has went down the drain. We squeeze every penny out of everyone, including the patients. There are not policies for every or many thing, contray to what management says. Using the "grievance policy" doesn't work and they make rules up for the day to day and person to person including pay! This used to be a nice place....sad.
No opportunity for new people
New Graduate (Former Employee), All DepartmentsMay 1, 2013
Cons: hope they don't kill patients.
This company will not hire those just out of school regardless of academic achievement.
I just hope their DOCTORS didn't KILL any patients when they were LEARNING ON THE JOB!! Yes, even DOCTORS learn ON THE JOB. But this hospital will NEVER hire those without LOTS of experience.
Will somebody tell me WHY anyone with a brain would leave their current job- with experience- and start out new at Affinity at 'entry level' wages (a pay cut)??? It's just ignorant.
I will NEVER go to this hospital. It's economics- they buy my labor, I'll buy their services. If not, NO!
And I'm telling my friends and they'll tell their friends and so on and so on.......
Affinity- get your heads out of the litter box and start hiring TALENT!!
There is a stable on going work load.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Massillon, OHMarch 10, 2013
The hardest part of this job is they schedule one person for the entire hospital on week ends from 2:30PM to 11:00PM that must try to meet the needs of all departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patients with basic needs such as soap, towels and water. (Such small things make patients smile.) This would be a good place for someone who is satisfied with a low level non-responsible position however, should you choose to advance it is not the position I would recommend. As a part time employee you can also work 40 hours every week.
Fair treatment of personnel . Lots of encouragement for personal growth and learning.
Staff RN in the Operating Room (Former Employee), Massillon, OhioMay 5, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: only 15 minute response time while on call
I learned so much there and wish that I had never left. I had to leave though since where I lived I could not make the 15 minute response time while on call. The Nurses in Surgery were excellent teachers and co-workers. We all worked hard and wanted each other to excel. I remember when the abdominal procedures using a camera just started to take root. Lots of new procedures with the laser were beginning too.
Was a great place to work prior to the merge.
LPN (Former Employee), Massillon, OHMarch 7, 2012
Cons: no team work, management doesn't seem to care about staff.
After the merger things changed. I had 30 years at MCH then my job was eliminated. Everytime I apply for a job at Affinity I am denied. I worked real hard when it was 2 separate hospitals. I miss my MCH family.