Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good people
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 13, 2017
This is a good place to work. The people there are very nice. It's a great location with good benefits. If you like the financial industry, this is a great place to learn more.
Great workplace
Member Advisor II (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 13, 2016
Great place to work, but few opportunities to advance for employees not located at the corporate office. Great co-workers, great company culture to work in. Training was not the best but employees are brought to speed eventually.
Way to much work for MA2
Member Advisor 2 (Former Employee) –  eagan minnesotaOctober 8, 2015
If you like to underwrite, process and close loans, as well as take teller transactions, take customer service phone calls, take care of DMV fees and titling of vehicles and have "perfect" quality of work. This is the job for you. Oh yeah, your going to make $17.00 with no bonus or commission.
Pros
Health benefits are excellent, It does not out way the low pay your going to recieve
Cons
pay, micromanaging managers, too many job titles, no incentives to do great work
Friendly, community driven environment.
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2015
It can be difficult to get from a branch into the corporate roles, but once you do there is room to advance quickly. The community involvement and work environment are excellent! State benefits are great compared to most other places, although the 401(k) takes a while to be fully vested. Generally lower pay than a large bank, but it can be worth it.
Amazing culture
IT Asset Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 5, 2014
Working within the IT department as an intern, the co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. Even though there was no particular direction to assigned tasks throughout the internship, I eventually developed my own project to involve others.

By developing your own project, you will be kept busy doing meaningful work for the organization and not wait around for new projects to pop up. The best way to develop an idea for your own project is to listen and engage in the conversations during meetings, as well as set up a weekly dialogue with your leader.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the IT team; getting to know who they are as professionals and their work ethic. Even though it was a short three months, departing from the internship will be bittersweet.
Pros
The co-workers, "smoke breaks", casual/professional workplace, freedom to create meaningful projects, the number of things you can learn in just 10 weeks if you take initiative
Cons
No particular direction for new interns (have to dig deep to find your own way), lack of access to necessary resources to complete project, lengthy review process for project fragments
Touchy Feely place to work, below average pay
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2014
They're much more concerned with the member's financial security than their employees. Which is a good business model, but you need both to retain talent.
Too much of a fake enviroment for me...
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Central MNNovember 16, 2012
There was so much going on in a typical day, that we were supposed to be tellers, process loans, and mortgages. They never had enough people on the phones, and customers were always complaining about the long wait. We were also supposed to spend time chatting it up with each customer, and some people didn't want that....they would tell us, they know that they will get the same attention, so they don't mind waiting in line....bet me. The Credit Union offers great rates, and doesn't charge for their accounts, so it is a great place to have your account....I just don't go in to do my banking...they would talk about many of the customers behind their back.
Pros
great benefits....state of minnesota
Cons
managment either didn't listen or didn't care that work doesn't get done.
Fun and ethical place to work.
Temporary Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNAugust 2, 2012
I worked here for a few months as a temporary branch assistant and had a great time getting to know all the members and staff.
Working as a Team
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. PaulJuly 10, 2012
There were so many aspects to my typical day. From my Accounting work, to all of my pending loan files, to mentoring fellow staff and all of the phone calls. I really did learn a lot. I took multi-tasking to a whole new level. I worked with many great people and continue to stay in touch with some of them.
Pros
i did amazing things to help customers reach their goals.
Cons
i worked 60 plus hours per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8