Affinity Property Management Employee Reviews in United States

Work environment was friendly, productive and busy.
Promotions Manager and Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day consisted of tours on the property, follow ups on inquiries, prospects, applications, renewals. We took on other department roles related to residence life (assisting residents) and finance - taking payments.

Other days were spent on outreach work within the community and working with 8 college campuses to market our property. Many contacts were built through student association groups and faculty members. Several days out of the week were spent managing a separate office at the University at Buffalo commons where we generated leads and applications.

As a smaller corporate company, we worked closely with the owners, corporate office, management and co-workers in a group of 7-8 employees.
Pros
strong work environment
Cons
busier days - short lunch breaks, smaller benefits
Worst company
Porter/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 2, 2016
I used to work part time for this company. My schedule was set for 2 days a week plus I had another job full time. I would always come to work on time. Sometimes I would go the extra mile by helping, working extra days on occasions. Supervisor would take advantage of my workdays and assistance. Work always began at 8:30am for groundskeeper and maintenance Supervisor. Maintenance Supervisor would always come to work late at 9-10am. The shift always ended at 5pm. I would always keep myself busy with tasks. Id always checked in with maintenance supervisor around 4pm. Maintenance Supervisor is never around the property around 4pm. Always goes home early without notifying manager or letting employee know. Always being sneaky to leave early and left me all his work to do. Manager is clueless about the work environment of her employees. As I was going to meet with the Manager and Portfolio Manager to talk about some tasks. It was going to be my first time meeting Portfolio Manager and she did not introduce herself. She has the worst attitude. She was rude, stuck up, looked down on me with a disrespectful look. There was miscommunication on a task and got let go for that. I'm sure it was because the Portfolio Manager didn't seem to like me.
Pros
Community/ residents always nice and generous
Cons
Worst Management, take advantage of workers, No one communicates with workers
unprofecional
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 20, 2015
staff is unreliable, self centered. get the money but don't do the job, don't take the time to train you properly. Days off is almost impossible when others are off even if you have sick days or vacation time.
Pros
money raises/ promotions
Cons
everything elts
Corporate SNOBS!!! Each and every one of them!!!
On-site manager (Former Employee) –  Portland oregonJune 9, 2015
Affinity Property Management is a company that has issues with the corporate females being very clicky based off individule life style preferences. True story If you drive anything less than a $50,000 car don't expect to be treated like anything more then a piece of garbage! SERIOUSLY!!! The staff at the corporate office are very good at picking and choosing who they want to treat with respect and who they don't! If you ever have any kind of problem with anything make sure you have a new job lined up. Not only do they not care about family values they could careless if they over work you to the point of a nervous break down! And that is exactly what will happen if you work for this company... They stretch their employees so thin that most end up leaving due to stress and most of all the lack of respect from the portfolio managers. I could go on and on with the negative experiences I have had while working for Affinity. What they are good at is pulling ppl in with their fake faulty promises only to let you down with in the first week of employment. They will beat around the bush on the truth of the position being offered as the employee turn over is so unbelievably high with this company that this is the only way to get positions filled before losing business. Not only do they have issues with favoritism, family values, common respect, over working their employees, they will make sure that if you leave Affinity getting another job is almost impossible. Don't get sucked in by faulty promises, you will regret working for Affinity Property Management. The portfolio managers are  more... self centered snobs!!!!  less
Pros
Property improvements by on-site staff
Cons
Everything about the portfolio managers
Great company, staff and benefits
Assistant Property Manager - Gresham/Salem area (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor; she was very pleasant and upbeat. The other staff were great to work with as well as our Portfolio Manager. If there was any personal issues that arose, she was very accommodating to allow us to take care of it. Family first was their belief.
Pros
great company, support staff and benefits
Cons
no mileage reimbursement to staff that travel from property to property
Not a good job if you have values
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Meadows, Woodland WA.September 2, 2012
This was a live-on site job but was not a very good career for people with values. Did not care if renters were illegal citizens as long as they paid the rent. They are harsh and condacending to their managment teams, and can be very indiginate to their renters as well.
Pros
live-on site
Cons
everything: bad company to work for!!!
fun work place to interact with people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkJuly 5, 2012
A day here meant for me to make sure every person who is there signs in and shows ID at the door.

2.1