AFFIRMA Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

New grad unfriendly
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Poor workplace culture. Skilled nursing setting.
Very busy atmosphere. Very laid back approach by all staff member... at the cost of patient care. Disorganized and messy. Appeared as if there were too many disgruntled staff members.
Ethical. Therapist Lead
Facility Rehab Director (SNF) (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 18, 2017
It is an excellent place to work if you want to do what is best for the patient without compromising your integrity as a therapist. You can paid for what you do. There is no significant pressure to perform for "profits" or against ethical standards. You aren't a work horse. The management is supportive. The company is full of therapists from top to bottom so they are very understanding and sympathetic.
Flexible schedule and kind coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 11, 2017
I learned hands on therapeutic practice with patients of various handicaps and communicated effectively with the supervising therapists. The nurses collaborated well with the therapists and assisted in any way they could.
Pros
Beautiful location and happy employees
Cons
Short breaks
Patient care is a low priority, productivity is highest priority
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJuly 7, 2017
Very unfriendly to speech pathologists-no place to do assessments and treatment, not allowed to participate in the IDT meetings even when it involved a patient being treated by me. I struggled with one of two software systems which decreased my productivity, I was willing to come in on my own time for a tutorial, but couldn't get any help. The other therapists OT and PT were nice, but all were trying to meet their own productivity requirement. Profit is more highly valued than patient care by this company.
Pros
Nice workplace culture.
Cons
Poor training, profit more important than patient care.
Good Place, Bad Director
REHAB AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 22, 2017
I loved working here, everyone was always super nice. My supervisors were awesome and my co-workers were fun to be around. The only downfall would be that I didn't receive sick days or health benefits while working full time. Another negative was the director. He would constantly poke fun at other people, and since he's the boss, no one could say anything back. Did not treat others with respect.
Pros
worked well with my hours
Cons
the director
Not productive, draining, negative
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 3, 2017
No real structure, no support from management. Not client or employee centered only driven by bottom line. High productivity demands with bad pay, no appreciation for employees. You are only a number, not a person. Horrible work culture. It was a dread going to work each day
Pros
No longer work there
Cons
No support, No respect
Worst job in 30 years as a therapist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 13, 2017
I have been a physical therapist for 30 years in different areas of the country. I've worked for a variety of corporations, some thriving, some troubled and the managers well I've seen both competent and clueless. I thought I'd experienced it all until I took a job with Affirma. They took troubled and incompetent to a whole new level. Let me just say this, in the span of a year and a half, the successful, vibrant therapy department with a team of 13 therapists dwindled to a sad, defeated group of 4; each tired of being told how to practice in an environment with unrealistic and unethical expectations. Companies like Affirma need to be called out and therapists need to take back their profession, away from the productivity focused micromanaged nightmare it has become. Please if you interview with this company take great care before signing on.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, profit driven, no raise, even cost of living, for 3 years
Great company to work for.
OT for SNF (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 29, 2016
Great work environment with supportive supervisors and peers. Good opportunities for mentorship and continuing education.
Supportive environment, focuses on patient care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 23, 2016
My coworkers are extremely supportive. Overall AFFIRMA provides staff with a LOT of training and support to help us with patient care. Opportunities for advancement within company. Any SNF therapist knows the struggles that come with the industry, but AFFIRMA is supportive and focuses on giving the therapists tools to achieve their goals.
Pros
Patients come first.
Cons
None, very supportive company
Typical For Profit Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 27, 2016
Productivity standards are highly stressed at this facility just like any other for profit company. My co workers are wonderful and we have great equipment to work with to assist our patient's with their goals daily.
Ethical company, opportunities for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 24, 2016
Patient care is most important, decisions guided by always doing the right thing for the patient while following Medicare guidelines. Opportunities for advancement within company
Not good place to work
Pta (Former Employee) –  Indio caOctober 10, 2016
They only care of the insurance money and not the patient. My job duty is more than is noted in my job description. The director of Rehab is a CI for pt students. He's frequently absent and neglect his work and tell you to supervised his student. 30 minute break enforcement they don't pay you with meeting. It all about productivity.
Worked for AFFIRMA over 10 years....
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 5, 2016
I've worked for AFFIRMA for over 10 years and we are the best therapy provider bar none. Every facility is unique and has their own challenges, but as a whole, the company supports our therapists 100% - in fact, I've heard the CEO say "our therapists are our customers." There are a few disgruntled employees (mainly from Las Vegas) that have given the company a bad review based on their experience in one facility - that shouldn't be a reflection of how we operate in the 100+ facilities and 8 different states where we do business. We offer competitive rates and great benefits to our therapists and our management does whatever is necessary to make sure our staff and Rehab Directors are successful in their jobs. I would hope that interested therapists do a little research on us to learn what a great company we are.
Pros
Supportive work environment, does the right thing for patients
Flexible
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 1, 2016
- 8-10 patients/day
- Learning to use modalities with patients under supervision of PAM certified OT and PT
- Management is supportive and encouraging
- Hardest part of job- Only OT for 42 bed facility
- Most enjoyable- I truly enjoy helping people and seeing their progress from admission to discharge.
Pros
flexible with start times
management needs training
staff therapist (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 29, 2016
I would never work for this company again. Upon hiring I was never introduced to facility to staff never shown where storage rooms were, given no idea how to order supplies. My staff coworkers were great but I was the only full license on staff including the DOR. The DOR was controlling, set my my schedule with no consultation, told me I was "over providing" and causing the company to lose money if I saw Part B's for 45 minutes instead of the 40 minutes routinely scheduled. I was told when to dc, when to eval, not to vary from scheduled minutes,that my professional judgement was not sound if I did not choose to pick up a patient, told to keep my productivity at 92% (for a full license! 88% if I had evals- paperwork due day of with no documentation time scheduled) and regularly told in front of coworkers that "it's just business. If you can't do it then we can replace you." Run, do not walk from this company.
fast pace learn enviroment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spencer, INJanuary 8, 2016
great learning environment with a large group of various patients and other professional to work with. provided with CUE money for continuing education
PRN with AFFIRMA has provided me the flexibility to balance my time with my family and doing a job I love.
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 16, 2015
My work day is busy as the expectation in a 90% productive rate. The high productivity demand teaches me to be purposeful in my daily schedule. The management has provided me understanding and flexibility for my family/work balance. The hardest part of my day is dealing with the unexpected delays and the best, the patients I have the blessing to work with.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Productivity requirements
Fast paced and growing
Director of Recruitment (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2015
I believe that we hire ethical and hardworking therapists that deliver the best practices to our patients. I have been with the company for over 10 years and have good long term benefits. I have a working environment that provides a good work/life balance. I feel that what I do impacts the lives or our residents, by screening and hiring the best Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapist for our SNF, ALF and Independent communities.
Pros
I really enjoy the people I work with, good long term benefits
Do not work for this company
SLP (Former Employee) –  oxnard, caAugust 11, 2015
Do NOT work for this company. 2.5 yrs experience with them. The management is unreasonable, inflexible, all they care about is getting the minutes and getting paid. No time in schedule to get documentation done and still meet their expected productivity level, no compassion for time spent with patients' families. Not allowed to spend any "unproductive" time discussing patient care or needs with other staff members, nursing, CNA's, doctors etc........ DOR's way or the highway. DO NOT recommend working for this company!
A stimulating work environment.
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 24, 2015
Provided occupational therapy to a diverse patient population with great support from co-workers. Spacious gym with great equipment for the patients benefit.
Pros
Diverse patient population.
Cons
Not enough hours per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFFIRMA Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9