Affirmative Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent customer skills, time management
PIP/Med Pay Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 28, 2016
Learned account payable fast and completed work duties every day.
fun with co-workers and company activies.
time managagement
Affirmative Insurance
Claims Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 26, 2016
It was a good company to work for. I met a lot of wonderful people there. Management was really good and I learned a lot from them. Unfortunately business wasn't going so well and no matter what they tried company was still loosing money.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
no salary increase
summary
SR AUTO ADJ (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 5, 2016
WAS GREAT AT FIRST SLOW DECLINE TO NOT SO GREAT. Some management not so trustworthy upfront and lost of favoritism. nothing else to say
Working at Affirmative Was an Affirmative Nightmare
Unhappy Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I should have done my research before coming to work here. I gave this company a chance, but that was a huge mistake. There was no growth in the company from an operational and financial perspective. Having limited markets are an instant killer to any organization. I am not surprised that Affirmative is affirmatively bankrupt.

Also, I got to experience having the worst manager that I have ever had in my career. Her people skills made everyone miserable in my area, and she was affirmatively hard to respect as a person. The office vibe was more relaxed and easier to work in when she was away. She manager tried to break me, but I stayed strong. There were several broken processes and jobs that I took on with no trail to follow for years.

After being spoken to inhumanely by her for so long, I decided it was time for me to find a better position in a company to where I would be treated like a human being. I learned how not to manage a staff when working with her. There is affirmatively no love lost when it comes to her.
Pros
None to mention whatsoever.
Cons
Working for a manager with a mean and evil spirit.
A lot of work for minimum pay
insurance adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 16, 2016
The workload was excessive and it did not seem as if the employees were earning what they deserve, or even what the industry pays.
Affirmative is gone
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2015
Affirmative has spiraled in recent years and have reached a place of non-existence. It was a great company to work for in the good days. Now that is gone Changes are necessary. This is not a place to work at this time. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Management, family oriented.
Cons
unstable, lacks security
Ability to move up quickly
Auto Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 21, 2015
No two days are the same. The company expects too much to be completed in a typical work day. Their adjusters are all spread very thin with a heavy emphasis on numbers and results
Pros
Ability to advance quickly
Cons
Dont take care of employees very well
Bad Management and even worse benefits.
Data Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 25, 2015
From day one there was a lack of training, supervisions, and guidance that I never thought possible in a professional workplace. The mundane and mindless work required of this is position is appalling and sickening.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Promotions do not mean much
Senior Auto Liability and Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 29, 2014
easy to go "up the ladder", but you end up with less money. Management is not all on same page with structure of company nor the guidelines, there are some good fish, but a lot more non.
Consistent work with a lot of team bonding.
Premium Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Work on a number of policies daily. Disbursements of insured's funds. Also reinstate and renew policies that the system fails to do automatically. Management was really helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was being able to switch procedures of different task quickly without warning. The most enjoyable time of the job is being able to work well with my co workers.
Pros
company spreads on holiday
Cons
company spreads on holidays
N/a
Assistant VP of Casualty/Litigation/SIU (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaDecember 14, 2014
I have no specific comments about working for Affirmative. Working in claims is technically the same no matter which company your work for.
fun goupe of people to work with.
Sr. PIP Adjuster-Handling (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, Mi.November 22, 2014
Handle all high risk auto claims assigned to me. Helped co-worker as needed. hardest thing about the job is when we were told they were leaving the state. Great manager and nice people to work with.
Affirmative
Real Estate Lease Manager (Current Employee) –  addsin,txAugust 14, 2014
Affirmative was a job. A very focused company starting new trends and values.
work
Customer Service Representative-Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Addison,TxJune 13, 2014
I Learned something everyday.
Management was always teaching new things to make us better.
Employees were good support to each other.
Helping the guest was a pleasure.
Pros
appreciation for our work
Cons
difficult guests and issues
Typical Day
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 11, 2014
A typical day is going to the office getting the first cup of coffee. And ready to answer calls. I have learned instead of getting overwhelmed with so many calls just to look at it as one call at a time, to be able to focus on that customer. For the most part I do enjoy working with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when you have tried to find a solution to a customers problem and there is just no answer. The most enjoyable part is knowing you have assisted in making one more customer a "Happy Customer".
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Burr RidgeMay 28, 2014
Affirmative is a solid company with a long trajectory and culture in hard work and dedication. Like any other company it has goals and it sets clear expectations and accountability for its employees. They do a great job in motivating you and providing you with the proper tools to be successful.
Pros
great culture
Cog in a Wheel
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 25, 2014
As can be said of a lot of large companies, it feels like you get lost in the shuffle as a human being. I felt like an employee number instead of an individual with an identity. There's no recognition for a job well done, no attempts to foster employee morale, you don't feel as if your contribution makes any difference whatsoever. My direct supervisor made the job tolerable for a while because she was great but her boss kept changing making it difficult for both her and me. Many bad decisions were made within the accounting department because no one in upper management ever consulted with those of us that worked in the accounting department because our ideas, thoughts and input were not valued. The CFO at the time was incompetent and under-qualified for the position he held.
Pros
benefits, pay, work/life balance
Cons
management, culture, morale
great place to learn how to manage yourself in a busy work place
Licensed Automotive Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 8, 2014
-A typical work day consist of help customer resolve damages to vehicle.
-Contacting customer in a timely manner to handle any claim related questions.
-Manage the repair process while customer vehicles are being repaired
Pros
fun enviroment, with great co workers
Cons
the work load is overwhelming at time
Poor place to work
Auto Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Salary is not commensurate with experience. No opportunity for advancement. Management was poor and unprofessional.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
poor management
Generally nice environment
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
Typical Day: 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. My daily experience while working at Affirmative was very consistent. I was solely responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: general data entry, policy cancellations, filing SR-22's, managing Affirmative's Policy Services email inbox, processing/filing policy documents and more. In order to manage this high-stress position, I remained dedicated to a self-motivated, efficient work ethic.

Skills Obtained: Call center experience; Efficient organization; Superior time management; Accuracy under stress; Reliability; Ability to switch tasks effectively; Stronger work ethic; Outstanding written/verbal communication

Management: My immediate supervisor was wonderful. I feel she did an excellent job in providing a professional, yet friendly, working experience. Upper Management was generally organized and very professional, however, I feel it could have been improved upon.

Co-workers: Generally positive and outgoing.

Most Difficult Aspect: The fast pace and general high stress was challenging to say the least. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my job as a whole, and would love to challenge myself with new opportunities!

Most Positive Aspect: Office morale was well-kept due to the jobs being generally high-stress.
Pros
affirmative held many events on holidays and for office morale.
Cons
advancement opportunities very limited.