Affirmative Insurance

Affirmative Insurance Employer Reviews

Consistent work with a lot of team bonding.
Premium Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: company spreads on holiday
Cons: company spreads on holidays
Work on a number of policies daily. Disbursements of insured's funds. Also reinstate and renew policies that the system fails to do automatically. Management was really helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was being able to switch procedures of different task quickly without warning. The most enjoyable time of the job is being able to work well with my co workers.
N/A
Assistant VP of Casualty/Litigation/SIU (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaDecember 14, 2014
I have no specific comments about working for Affirmative. Working in claims is technically the same no matter which company your work for.
fun goupe of people to work with.
Sr. PIP Adjuster-Handling (Former Employee), Madison Heights, Mi.November 22, 2014
Handle all high risk auto claims assigned to me. Helped co-worker as needed. hardest thing about the job is when we were told they were leaving the state. Great manager and nice people to work with.
Affirmative
Real Estate Lease Manager (Current Employee), addsin,txAugust 14, 2014
Affirmative was a job. A very focused company starting new trends and values.
work
Customer Service Representative-Underwriter (Former Employee), Addison,TxJune 13, 2014
Pros: appreciation for our work
Cons: difficult guests and issues
I Learned something everyday.
Management was always teaching new things to make us better.
Employees were good support to each other.
Helping the guest was a pleasure.
Typical Day
Underwriter (Current Employee), Addison, TXJune 11, 2014
A typical day is going to the office getting the first cup of coffee. And ready to answer calls. I have learned instead of getting overwhelmed with so many calls just to look at it as one call at a time, to be able to focus on that customer. For the most part I do enjoy working with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when you have tried to find a solution to a customers problem and there is just no answer. The most enjoyable part is knowing you have assisted in making one more customer a "Happy Customer".
Market Manager (Former Employee), Burr RidgeMay 28, 2014
Pros: great culture
Affirmative is a solid company with a long trajectory and culture in hard work and dedication. Like any other company it has goals and it sets clear expectations and accountability for its employees. They do a great job in motivating you and providing you with the proper tools to be successful.
Cog in a Wheel
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, work/life balance
Cons: management, culture, morale
As can be said of a lot of large companies, it feels like you get lost in the shuffle as a human being. I felt like an employee number instead of an individual with an identity. There's no recognition for a job well done, no attempts to foster employee morale, you don't feel as if your contribution makes any difference whatsoever. My direct supervisor made the job tolerable for a while because she was great but her boss kept changing making it difficult for both her and me. Many bad decisions were made within the accounting department because no one in upper management ever consulted with those of us that worked in the accounting department because our ideas, thoughts and input were not valued. The CFO at the time was incompetent and under-qualified for the position he held.
great place to learn how to manage yourself in a busy work place
Licensed Automotive Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment, with great co workers
Cons: the work load is overwhelming at time
-A typical work day consist of help customer resolve damages to vehicle.
-Contacting customer in a timely manner to handle any claim related questions.
-Manage the repair process while customer vehicles are being repaired
Poor place to work
Auto Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: poor management
Salary is not commensurate with experience. No opportunity for advancement. Management was poor and unprofessional.
Generally nice environment
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), Addison, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: affirmative held many events on holidays and for office morale.
Cons: advancement opportunities very limited.
Typical Day: 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. My daily experience while working at Affirmative was very consistent. I was solely responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: general data entry, policy cancellations, filing SR-22's, managing Affirmative's Policy Services email inbox, processing/filing policy documents and more. In order to manage this high-stress position, I remained dedicated to a self-motivated, efficient work ethic.

Skills Obtained: Call center experience; Efficient organization; Superior time management; Accuracy under stress; Reliability; Ability to switch tasks effectively; Stronger work ethic; Outstanding written/verbal communication

Management: My immediate supervisor was wonderful. I feel she did an excellent job in providing a professional, yet friendly, working experience. Upper Management was generally organized and very professional, however, I feel it could have been improved upon.

Co-workers: Generally positive and outgoing.

Most Difficult Aspect: The fast pace and general high stress was challenging to say the least. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my job as a whole, and would love to challenge myself with new opportunities!

Most Positive Aspect: Office morale was well-kept due to the jobs being generally high-stress.
Very energetic work atmosphere
Loss Reporter (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILNovember 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: relocation
Call Center Setting that taught me the experience necessary to become a successful Loss Reporter. I learned how to prepare claims for insured motorist as well as steps to complete the claim process. Unfortunately the company relocated within a few months of my employement and I was unable to continue working with company. I enjoyed everything about the company
great downtown location
Support Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2013
Pros: company parties
Cons: department sold to 3rd party vendor
1.New business data entry
2. Work with underwriters
3. On the job training
4. FUN co-workers
5. Learning system acronyms
6. FUN coworkers
great place to work at
Senior Litigation Specialist (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILAugust 14, 2013
Pros: intelligent and ethical employees
Great company, nice atmosphere, good people, many opportunities for learning and continuing education, great managers
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee), Bedford Park , IlJune 13, 2013
I did enjoy working there for 14 years . The fellow employees were great to work with
Excellent enviornment that encourages self development and resonsibilty for position held.
Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, IL.April 16, 2013
Pros: self management/responsiblity; working remote
Cons: not enough communication about changes within the company structure.
Affirmative allowed me to grow over my 17 year tenor. It provided me with many opportunities for self growth and responsibility. Management supported ideas and gave you the chance to shine, by listening. The hardest part of the job was having to leave, as they eliminated my position, and sent it out of state.
I enjoyed working for Affirmative Insurance Agency because it was like a family environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: benefits and retirement account.
Cons: half hour lunch.
This was a comfortable and friendly environment which kept me very busy and I enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. I learned how to do some qouting for the customers which was something I didn't learn at my previous company, so I found that this was new and very interesting. I really bonded very well with my manager and my team leader. They were very encouraging and positive role models for me. I got along with all of my co-workers and we worked well together as a team. The hardest part about my job was, I was in the process of learning how to scan and before I could finish learning I got laid off. The most and fun part of the job is that we were definitely like family and we always had luncheons going on. Also, I'm a people person. I enjoy helping people and I believe that if you are in a customer service position, its important that you make sure that your customer is satisfied before he or she hangs up or leave your presence, because this is a wide open industry and if they're not satisfied with your business, they will go somewhere else. I believe that the company you work for should be confident that you are working hard to keep their business, bring in new business and not lose their business.
Great Place to Start a Career
Special Investigation Unit Investigator/Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXOctober 8, 2012
Great company to start an insurance career. Fun working environment with lots of opportunity to advance.
Coworkers were helpful, management was not
Senior Claims Adjuster - Florida Licensed (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: always work
Cons: personal issued arrived and management did not back me
My typical work day; arrived to work, logon the computer and phone, reviewed medical reports and medical bills, any lost income customers lost, customer service

Learned that there is major no fault insurance fraud

Management: only out for themselves, when an issue comes up and you need help or advice, there was no backing employees

Hardest part: Keeping up with the work flow as there were only two handling claims for other states.

Most enjoyable: making friends and knowing the coworkers would discuss there claims with you and voice opinion.
Great place for a person frest out of college
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILAugust 9, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: managers were not very knowledgable
Call center environment but the managers needed so much more trainging. The hardest part of the job was when you get an irate customer and they have been told very misleading information by a customer service rep

About Affirmative Insurance

If you've got an iffy driving record or let your insurance lapse, can you still get auto coverage? This company answers in the – Read more

Affirmative Insurance Photos