Affirmative Insurance Employee Reviews

Not something I would recommend
Auto Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
Work pace was cut throat. Working hours were miserable. Low pay. Poor management. There was no room for improvement. Company basically was bought out by competitors.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Challenging
RENTAL ADJUSTOR (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 16, 2017
Working with Affirmative was a trying experience. The direction of the company seemed to be misguided. Did not feel comfortable going to leadership with issues.
not a great place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 3, 2017
I have to admit when management changed hands in the department i was working the stress of meeting daily quotas changed. Dont allow to build repore with customers.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
horrible management
Agent support
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 14, 2017
Assisted with data entry and agent support. Answer phone calls, and verify policy information. supervisor are very supportive. Small team interaction are very productive.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
not much direction or leadership
Company is now bankrupt
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 16, 2017
Was a great place to start after getting licensed, amenities were the best I've seen in a small to medium sized office environment. Unfortunately, the firm has since filed for, and gone, bankrupt.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Closed now
average.
Auto Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 31, 2017
company closed down and nothing i could do about it. had many lay offs and a sad thing to see however its life and no control of it. wish it could've lasted longer.
Great Company Great Environment
Associate Spanish Translator Claims Intake/CACSR (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Always busy never boring, I had the opportunity to learn more Management was great, Co-workers where awesome helpful and understanding.
Professional environment
Commissions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2016
I always had work to do. If I needed assistance, help was always there. Great team members. Very detailed training. Any experienced Team member is helpful, anytime.
I liked it there...
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 7, 2016
The teams I worked with were great!
Learned a lot of new things there.
Some stress, but overall an easy work environment.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Instability, financial strggles. no annual review process
Excellent customer skills, time management
PIP/Med Pay Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 28, 2016
Learned account payable fast and completed work duties every day.
fun with co-workers and company activies.
time managagement
Affirmative Insurance
Claims Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 26, 2016
It was a good company to work for. I met a lot of wonderful people there. Management was really good and I learned a lot from them. Unfortunately business wasn't going so well and no matter what they tried company was still loosing money.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
no salary increase
summary
SR AUTO ADJ (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 5, 2016
WAS GREAT AT FIRST SLOW DECLINE TO NOT SO GREAT. Some management not so trustworthy upfront and lost of favoritism. nothing else to say
Financial problems
Underwriting Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 8, 2016
A typical work day included running the call center. I learned how to effectively manage a large group of employees. Management was very supportive. Co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with. Hardest part was having to be in a position to let people go. The most enjoyable part what the people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Financial issues
Working at Affirmative Was an Affirmative Nightmare
Unhappy Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I should have done my research before coming to work here. I gave this company a chance, but that was a huge mistake. There was no growth in the company from an operational and financial perspective. Having limited markets are an instant killer to any organization. I am not surprised that Affirmative is affirmatively bankrupt.

Also, I got to experience having the worst manager that I have ever had in my career. Her people skills made everyone miserable in my area, and she was affirmatively hard to respect as a person. The office vibe was more relaxed and easier to work in when she was away. She manager tried to break me, but I stayed strong. There were several broken processes and jobs that I took on with no trail to follow for years.

After being spoken to inhumanely by her for so long, I decided it was time for me to find a better position in a company to where I would be treated like a human being. I learned how not to manage a staff when working with her. There is affirmatively no love lost when it comes to her.
Pros
None to mention whatsoever.
Cons
Working for a manager with a mean and evil spirit.
A lot of work for minimum pay
insurance adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 16, 2016
The workload was excessive and it did not seem as if the employees were earning what they deserve, or even what the industry pays.
Affirmative is gone
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2015
Affirmative has spiraled in recent years and have reached a place of non-existence. It was a great company to work for in the good days. Now that is gone Changes are necessary. This is not a place to work at this time. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Management, family oriented.
Cons
unstable, lacks security
Ability to move up quickly
Auto Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 21, 2015
No two days are the same. The company expects too much to be completed in a typical work day. Their adjusters are all spread very thin with a heavy emphasis on numbers and results
Pros
Ability to advance quickly
Cons
Dont take care of employees very well
Bad Management and even worse benefits.
Data Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 25, 2015
From day one there was a lack of training, supervisions, and guidance that I never thought possible in a professional workplace. The mundane and mindless work required of this is position is appalling and sickening.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Promotions do not mean much
Senior Auto Liability and Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 29, 2014
easy to go "up the ladder", but you end up with less money. Management is not all on same page with structure of company nor the guidelines, there are some good fish, but a lot more non.
Consistent work with a lot of team bonding.
Premium Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 29, 2014
Work on a number of policies daily. Disbursements of insured's funds. Also reinstate and renew policies that the system fails to do automatically. Management was really helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was being able to switch procedures of different task quickly without warning. The most enjoyable time of the job is being able to work well with my co workers.
Pros
Company spreads on Holiday
Cons
company spreads on holidays