AFFORDABLE DENTURES

AFFORDABLE DENTURES Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Auxilary (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good holidays, mostly happy patients, all employees got along
All was good until new doctor and management team took over. Management team was not impartial and sided with the doctor on all subjects. Both sides of the story were never asked because the management team was so desperately trying to keep a doctor in the office at all costs. I was eventually terminated because the management team (who wasn't even – more... in the office full time and only came from out of state if necessary) knew I knew the doctor had untreated mental issues. I would gladly take my job back now that the unstable doctor is gone and hopefully the management team sees I was telling the truth. – less
Great company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 20, 2014
Great company. Stressful at times but steady work. Decent pay.
Hard Day
Front Desk Receptionist-Lety Cisneros/Supervisor (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: mean boss
NO talking to co workers. Never stop working, must always be doing something. Boss would yell at patients.
Wonderful practice helping patients get their smie back.
RDA (Former Employee), Dixon, CASeptember 6, 2013
Greeting and seating patients. Exam, xrays and impressions taken. Whatever patient needs are met. Surgeries performed in the afternoon and dentures delivered in the afternoon.
Fast paced working environment
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
Fast paced, friendly doctors and staff. I completed my Dental Assistant externship and I enjoyed the experience.
Questionable Job Security
Front Desk Associate/Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great work hours and pay
Cons: job security, not enought patient attention/satisfaction, hasty decision with employee hiring.
Very fast paced environment. Doctors are supported by management company. Company does not work quickly to fill office vacancies.
Waco Tx location
front office (Former Employee), Waco txJuly 9, 2013
Pros: customers
Cons: medical insurance
The Waco location is a great place to work with. I love my time there and miss the customers there. You meet new people everyday. Dr.Patel was a good employer always took care of his employees.
AFFORDABLE DENTURES HURT MY MOUTH AND CUT MY GUM
CUSTOMER (Former Employee), 8812 VETERANS BLVD...SUITE 8May 20, 2013
Cons: many
I CHARGED $545.00 ON VISA AT AFFORDABLE DENTURES ON VETERANS IN METAIRIR...I WENT IN AT 7AM SAW THE DENTIST FOR 5 MINITES,THEN A YOUNG GIRL DRESSES IN BLUE SCRUBS TOOK 3 MOLDS OF MY UPPER TEETH....I WENT BACK AT 2PM THE SAME DAY(05/20/2013) DID NOT GET TO SEE THE DENTIST AT ALL.I WAS PLACED IN A CHAIR .THE SAME YOUNG GIRL TOLD ME TO OPEN MY MOUTH.SHE – more... SNAPPED THE PARTIAL AND IT REALLY HURT.SHE SAID THAT AFTER I WORE IT FOR A WHILE IT WOULD FEEL BETTER.....II LEFT,CAME STAIGHT HOME.IT HURT TOO BAD TO KEEP IT IN.SO I TRIED TO UNSNAP THE PARTIAL.THIS IS WHEN IT CUT MT GUM AND IT STARTED TO BLEED.I PLACED THE PARTIAL IN A SMALL BAG,AND MAILED IT BACK TO AFFORDABLE DENTUES THE SAME DAY....SHODDY FITTING AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE....WARNING....DO NOT USE THESE DENTURES. – less
the worst
dental lab tech (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 20, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: all cons
it has been the worst experience of my life.. everyday i pray for a new job, its miserable
it was an ok place to work, except the main Dentist trys to run your life in and out of the building.
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: got to go home when we were finished for day
Cons: 30 minute break
a typical day at work was ok. i enjoyed my co workers and I enjoyed learning different duties. Management was bad, but i loved my job.
excellent experience working for affordable denture, team work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch some times, excellent 401 k, excellent employer, holidays
Cons: short breaks
My day started at 7: 15 am, 15 minutes staff meetting every day.
prepare sterilization area , check for room setting , check schedule
in computer, and bring patient to room .If patient is new welcome patient , information to patient about our service, after treatment plan,case presentation . impressions for removable dentures , shade
selecction for – more... dentures , bite registration and lab. instructions . Afternoon time, surgery setting , chair side assistance.
I learned : to work as a team player, case presentation skills, time management, laboratory procedures , communications skill with patient and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was standing up all day long – less
Upbeat
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2013
Everyday at work generally turned out to be a busy, interactive, good day. I learned so much that will help me in my future, for my future career plans working in this environment.
Gained a new skill; enjoyed this job
Dental Lab Technician/Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus GAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: schedule, laid back enviroment
Cons: being letting go
Working at Affordable Dentures was a new experience for me. Before this job I was used to a manufacturing enviroment and the denture lab was much more laid back and slower paced. I enjoyed the 8-5, M-F schedule. My employment ended here because the business slowed down drastically with the bad economy.
Very nice company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 9, 2013
Cons: ed
I really loved working there I traveled 2 hrs a day back and forth to go to work there.I was never late always the first one to arrive setting up the treatment rooms for the doctor. Loved working with patients Worked for a great Dr. and then he was transferred to another office on the other coast of Florida and when the new Dr. came to the practice – more... he eventually replaced the staff with new people. Fast paced office but i never complained about working late was always willing to do whatever it took to accommodate the patient and doctor.

. – less
Great Company to work for.
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee), ColoradoDecember 5, 2012
Great company in a whole. As for local management, not so much. Paid time off is great and plenty of it with this company.

– December 11, 2012

You are right on, Local Management is the worst ! In office & lab. 3x processors have quit in less than one year! Good Luck & Wish You the Best!!!

Fast paced and fun place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2012
Affordable Dentures is a very fast paced, busy dental office. Patients come in for consultations, adjustments, dentures and extractions only. They do not practice any general dentistry.

All of the employees were amazing, easy to get a long with, willing to help, and became like family to me. That is one job I will really miss.
Busy and rewarding workplace
RDA (Current Employee), Tracy, CASeptember 15, 2012
Pros: convenient office hoursand having 1 hour an 15 minute lunch
Cons: not being able to take a shorter lunch to make up missed time.
Working for affordable dentures is very rewarding. The doctor and my co-workers are easy going and a pleasure to work with. The mornings is our busiest time getting patients in and out for same day service. After lunch is when surgery is performed and the dentures are delivered. I would say that the hardest part of my job is when our patients come in – more... for their post op visit and i have to remove the immediate dentures after they've had full mouth extractions. The most enjoyable part of my job is how grateful and appreciative the patients are with their new smile. – less
Rewarding place to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 12, 2012
I loved working with the patients at Affordable Dentures. There was never a typical day. I learned that each and every person is different and has different needs. My co-workers picked up were I was falling behind. The hardest part of the job was answering the many different questions at one time. The best part of the job was knowing that you got to – more... help bring some one's smile back. Not just because we made them dentures but actually improved their quality of life. – less
Depends on the ability an personality of Dr.
Rhode Island, Lab manager, (Former Employee), Greenville Rhode IslandAugust 7, 2012
Pros: i always give your best to everyone
Cons: never allow anyone to leave with a case your not proud of.
Normally the waiting would be full of people looking for new dentures, front desk should select the proper selection to send back first .IMMEDATE cases should be first ,same day economy next..2nd. people needing more expensive which require tryin should be next , pending the time available , weather we could get as many tryiu completed the rest would – more... be for the next morning.Hardest part of the job , Keeping The doctor from pushing more cases that came in late from ,promising late entry patentes same day service .The most important is giving the economy cases denture ,that you would be proud to wear yourself , they deserve ,best quality as you would for the most expensive .All ways give best quality possible.
I was given a large leeway because of my ability to deal with difficult patients , that was my best time dealing with patients .The process of not trying in Economy cases , when the bite is off , is not a good practise – less
Can be a great work place. But do not feel that this is a job were competition and the need to sell sell sell is necessary to make the patient happy.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHApril 9, 2012
Pros: some very good co workers that work together.
Cons: alot of pushing of the crowns, veneers, bridges. i am just not a salesman.
Impressions in the morning. Then we do adjustments of dentures any problem's the patient may have. Implants or crowns. In the afternoon we deliver dentures do extractions, insert immediate dentures and finish at the end of the day by cleaning our assigned rooms.