Affordable Dentures Employee Reviews

good group of doctors
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAOctober 11, 2017
This was a very stressful job. 5-6 Doctors and 12 staff members. It was very busy and I felt that not enough time was taken with the patient and that decisions had to made on the spot. I felt I was always trying to fix a problem.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no personal care for the patient
I reviewed the summary now sure what else is needed that I missed????
Denture Lab Technician and office management (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 4, 2017
I would love to work with them again, but where I live there is only one office here. But it has been awhile since I have been around the company and the new rules ect. Thank you for your time
Ok place to work
Dental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 27, 2017
Fast pace work environment. Completed over 20 dentures in a day. Need to be quick and fast at the job all day. Need to be a team player. Sometimes you get to leave early when job is completed.
Fun working place
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 5, 2017
Love working in the lab!! Had wonderful people to work with. Very laid back. Had an amazing lab manager. Enjoyed going to work. I miss being there. It was an amazing experience
High demand for tediuos wok
Processor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I started the job not knowing anything about making dentures. The other employees although in a hurry did everything they could to help teach me to do the job correctly.
I want to learn more.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 26, 2017
While working for this company I learned a lot of useful information. The skills I was taught will help me in furthering my career. I just wish to expand my knowledge and skillset.
Fast paced environment
Front Desk Receptionist Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAAugust 23, 2017
Affordable is very face paced but a wonderful work environment. I worked in the Commerce location! I left just due to being offered more money. You work 8-9 hours a day!
Great Place of Employment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2017
I have been working for this company for over 12 years and I am proud to be an employee. When it comes to job stability and professional atmosphere, this is the place. We have come to grow close as family at my location and the team work makes the work flow effortless! I have gained multiple skills that has allowed me to gain rapport with my employers and all the patients interact with on a daily basis. I would say the hardest part of my job is not being able to please every patient and make sure they understand they are in good hands and there is nothing to fear. As a future goal, I hope to continue to provide excellent service and retire from this wonderful company!
Good
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 1, 2017
I only worked here for a month or so. The dentist needed a little extra help I needed help with some externship hours. It was overall a good place to work. I wish I would of got on permanently. Its a good place.
very hard work place to work at
Dental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 16, 2017
this place is very hard to work at its tough on your body and every bite taken is a bad bite which means resets and retrys are very high the lab does every piece of work while the assistant do nothing the lab is treated like machines, this is same day dentures your making at least 15 to 25 a day the manager only sets the dentures and after that he's gone and leave all the work to other employees no help, on top of making 15-25 dentures a day the lab has to sweep parking lot, clean all dirty impression trays and etc. theres no talking allowed in the lab you only get one 30 minute break AFTER all dentures are done being made so that's around 3 o'clock. and most of all corporate tells you that if all of your work is finished before 2:30 then the rest of the day is paid in full but that's not the case if your finished then somehow someway management will keep you in lab until 4 o'clock and after 4 o'clock your pay is cut in half at a hourly rate so if you make 10 an hour then after 4 you only make $5 a hour and during tax season your making 25-40 dentures so every denture is retried at least 2 times which means the lab will not finish until after 6:30 or 7 o'clock
Pros
no pros all they care about is the money, and the retries here are ridiculous ever, case is retried at least 2 times, so if the lab is making 10 dentures a day then its like waxing and setting at least 30
Cons
almost every denture here is remade, the management is ridiculous family matters are irrelevant no one cares about your family, money is all they want
Not a good place to work for
Dental Assitant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 16, 2017
Wrost place to ever work for Dr. Have you doing everything while she sits in back on cell phone.DR. Will stand around and watch you work will not lend a helping hand what so ever! Short staffed office Dr. still will allow the front desk to pack the sch. till every slot on the sch. is taken. Dr. will try to talk to you any kind of way. Dr. will not show any type of appreciation to staff. Stressful place ever!!
Pros
Nothing good about the company!!
Cons
underpaid, overworked, no raise after a year
No longer a good place to work
Full Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 13, 2017
I worked in the lab for many years and enjoyed it for the first few years. Things changed drastically and for the worse. No team effort like when I first started there. The only concern is that of the almighty dollar and not at all about the employees. Since I worked there, there have been 4 people fired in the lab and several turnovers in the operatory. The practice owner is rarely there and there are 2 other Drs. running things most of the time. Beware if you are applying for a job there.
Pros
Decent pay and occasional bonuses.
Cons
Poorly run practice.
Great doctors and dental staff, friendly people
RDA (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2017
I have really enjoyed working for these doctors. It can be stressful with such a fast-paced environment but for the most part the girls and doctors make it smoother to get through the day.
Pros
Sometimes Free lunches, friendly coworkers
Fun place to work
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellvue NeMay 31, 2017
Affordable Dentures is a good place to work the boss was very nice the patients were very nice to deal with. I just wanted to find work closer to home.Sometimes it was hard when you have a patient you can't make happy it can be overwhelming it was very nice to work with the other employees we were a team helped each other
Pros
The boss was very nice everyone was easy to get along with
Cons
To long of a drive for me
Work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 24, 2017
Stressful work environment created by management! New hires are not well trained. A typical work day is chaotic. The best part of the job is a consistent lunch hour.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, poor management, staff is under trained.
its a good company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMay 18, 2017
as it is my first work experience in USA it was a good learning environment I have learned work ethics of the country. the difficult part of my job was making all customers happy. the enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers beautiful smile and being satisfied with the denture we make them.
Good clean office with a nice Dentist.
Front Desk/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 17, 2017
Love being busy & multitasking in the back with the dentist & other assistants; as well as working the front desk. Taking Xrays, impressions & assisting with surgery in order for the patient to get new dentures the same day, a little stressful but our dentist made it fun.
Pros
Fun with dentist & assistants.
Cons
Denture dust when adjusting dentures getting in my shirt, I itched all the way home. (which was an hour drive)
Maintain lab equipment and follow universal precautions when handling lab cases.
Denture Lab Processor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2017
Receive 50 to 75 impressions daily. Pour trim and articulate models.
Follow specific procedure to fabricate upper, lower, and partial dentures. Polish and high shine dentures and partials for same day delivery. Keep inventory of technical supplies and alert lab supervisor of supplies to be ordered.
goodcompanyuntil management changed. then money was more relivant than staff
dental lab manager (Former Employee) –  spokane, WAApril 14, 2017
running lab, supervising staff, solving problems, quality control and working at the bench. Answered to regional manager, as stated until company was bought out by finance company, and senior management and/ mission statement changed. great company to workfor
Poor management
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZApril 11, 2017
I completed my internship at Affordable Dentures in Sun City. I feel that this location is poorly ran and needs allot of maintenance and training. Patients are left waiting past their scheduled appointment times and are often rescheduled for lack of materials. Ordering and inventory are not done correctly. Customer service needs allot of work as well. Payments were often not collected. And the overall feel of the office was pushing for sales and marketing. The office staff was selling their own products in the patient waiting room which seemed unprofessional.
Pros
Great patient's and great location
Cons
lack of professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affordable Dentures. Our community is ready to answer.