AFFORDABLE DENTURES

AFFORDABLE DENTURES Employer Reviews

Affordable Dentures
Front Office Auxilliary (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJanuary 20, 2015
I loved working at Affordable Dentures, you were always busy and had things to do. I enjoyed working with everyone that was employed there. I liked working with customers the best, and entering patient data into the computer.
Hard Worker
Surgical Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Middle TNJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no growth in this office.
I work at a fasted paced office. In the mornings, I take impressions, chart and treatment plains. We are a same day service. I set up for surgery's. After lunch, I assist all surgery's. Place dentures, partials, POC and aftercare.
I learn something everyday. Being a dental assistant makes you want to be able to help your patients. If I can learn a trick or someone tell me...Hey do it this way it might help...I will try it. I have also continued my own skills and got more certifications.
I work well with my co-workers. We are a small office. We help each other and Team work makes a big difference.
The hardest part of my job is when a patient really needs dental care and can not afford to get that care. Then also in return' when they Do get that care and get the work, such as dentures, the smile they leave with is wonderful. That makes a good day!
Eh...
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: do whatever you want in downtime
Cons: awful boss
Awesome job, as long as the staff likes you. The dr in the office I was working in was really nice, until the next new girl comes in. After that, oh lord! it was HORRIBLE!! The Dr put her hands on me, made me cry more than once, etc. Another employee tried to have something done about the dr via corporate, and nothing. Not one thing was done other than her being told how to cover her butt! Ugh.
Relax, Enjoyable, Conservative
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Monroe, LASeptember 23, 2014
The place of business is a great place to work. The staff is a great team and have learn various expectations in the dental field. The management is not at great standards but the company benefits are great but the unlikely thing about the job it that the raises are not good as they should be and promotions are not available.
Good Learning Experience
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: friendly patients and co-workers
Cons: doctors values
Affordable Dentures was a good learning experience in how to deal with all types of patients. They was some issues with difficult staff that were understanding of the differences in the patients. I learned a lot from working there and will continue to appreciate the opportunity to work there.
good work flow, very productive, fast paste
extern (Former Employee), Sun City, AZAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good communication
Everyday began with a goal, which was to attend to all patients scheduled for that specific day, this included from tray set ups and impressions to even surgical extractions. The best part of working with affordable dentures was seeing the patients entire self esteem change from having a great smile.
School
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: surgery
Cons: staff
6 week externship for Dental Assisting school. Stocked stuff, assisted dr on surgerys, helped with alignments. I liked a couple people i worked with, hardest part they treated me more like a errand boy then i actually got to learn anything, met some nice people
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Auxilary (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good holidays, mostly happy patients, all employees got along
All was good until new doctor and management team took over. Management team was not impartial and sided with the doctor on all subjects. Both sides of the story were never asked because the management team was so desperately trying to keep a doctor in the office at all costs. I was eventually terminated because the management team (who wasn't even in the office full time and only came from out of state if necessary) knew I knew the doctor had untreated mental issues. I would gladly take my job back now that the unstable doctor is gone and hopefully the management team sees I was telling the truth.
Great company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 20, 2014
Great company. Stressful at times but steady work. Decent pay.
Hard Day
Front Desk Receptionist-Lety Cisneros/Supervisor (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: mean boss
NO talking to co workers. Never stop working, must always be doing something. Boss would yell at patients.
Wonderful practice helping patients get their smie back.
RDA (Former Employee), Dixon, CASeptember 6, 2013
Greeting and seating patients. Exam, xrays and impressions taken. Whatever patient needs are met. Surgeries performed in the afternoon and dentures delivered in the afternoon.
Fast paced working environment
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
Fast paced, friendly doctors and staff. I completed my Dental Assistant externship and I enjoyed the experience.
Questionable Job Security
Front Desk Associate/Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great work hours and pay
Cons: job security, not enought patient attention/satisfaction, hasty decision with employee hiring.
Very fast paced environment. Doctors are supported by management company. Company does not work quickly to fill office vacancies.
Waco Tx location
front office (Former Employee), Waco txJuly 9, 2013
Pros: customers
Cons: medical insurance
The Waco location is a great place to work with. I love my time there and miss the customers there. You meet new people everyday. Dr.Patel was a good employer always took care of his employees.
AFFORDABLE DENTURES HURT MY MOUTH AND CUT MY GUM
CUSTOMER (Former Employee), 8812 VETERANS BLVD...SUITE 8May 20, 2013
Cons: many
I CHARGED $545.00 ON VISA AT AFFORDABLE DENTURES ON VETERANS IN METAIRIR...I WENT IN AT 7AM SAW THE DENTIST FOR 5 MINITES,THEN A YOUNG GIRL DRESSES IN BLUE SCRUBS TOOK 3 MOLDS OF MY UPPER TEETH....I WENT BACK AT 2PM THE SAME DAY(05/20/2013) DID NOT GET TO SEE THE DENTIST AT ALL.I WAS PLACED IN A CHAIR .THE SAME YOUNG GIRL TOLD ME TO OPEN MY MOUTH.SHE SNAPPED THE PARTIAL AND IT REALLY HURT.SHE SAID THAT AFTER I WORE IT FOR A WHILE IT WOULD FEEL BETTER.....II LEFT,CAME STAIGHT HOME.IT HURT TOO BAD TO KEEP IT IN.SO I TRIED TO UNSNAP THE PARTIAL.THIS IS WHEN IT CUT MT GUM AND IT STARTED TO BLEED.I PLACED THE PARTIAL IN A SMALL BAG,AND MAILED IT BACK TO AFFORDABLE DENTUES THE SAME DAY....SHODDY FITTING AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE....WARNING....DO NOT USE THESE DENTURES.
the worst
dental lab tech (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 20, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: all cons
it has been the worst experience of my life.. everyday i pray for a new job, its miserable
it was an ok place to work, except the main Dentist trys to run your life in and out of the building.
Dental Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: got to go home when we were finished for day
Cons: 30 minute break
a typical day at work was ok. i enjoyed my co workers and I enjoyed learning different duties. Management was bad, but i loved my job.
excellent experience working for affordable denture, team work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch some times, excellent 401 k, excellent employer, holidays
Cons: short breaks
My day started at 7: 15 am, 15 minutes staff meetting every day.
prepare sterilization area , check for room setting , check schedule
in computer, and bring patient to room .If patient is new welcome patient , information to patient about our service, after treatment plan,case presentation . impressions for removable dentures , shade
selecction for dentures , bite registration and lab. instructions . Afternoon time, surgery setting , chair side assistance.
I learned : to work as a team player, case presentation skills, time management, laboratory procedures , communications skill with patient and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was standing up all day long
Upbeat
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2013
Everyday at work generally turned out to be a busy, interactive, good day. I learned so much that will help me in my future, for my future career plans working in this environment.
Gained a new skill; enjoyed this job
Dental Lab Technician/Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus GAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: schedule, laid back enviroment
Cons: being letting go
Working at Affordable Dentures was a new experience for me. Before this job I was used to a manufacturing enviroment and the denture lab was much more laid back and slower paced. I enjoyed the 8-5, M-F schedule. My employment ended here because the business slowed down drastically with the bad economy.