Affordable Maids Employee Reviews

Hard work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 21, 2017
I worked here while in college. It was horrible. Owners/management are toxic. No flexibility at all with illness/family emergencies. Very physically tough work. Stressful culture. Paid a travel rate and a clean rate (which was more money)...If you had to call off due to illness or other reason, you would be paid the travel rate for the whole pay period (which was min wage).
Pros
get to know the city you work in better
Cons
management, pay
Great job with weekends off!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellwood City, PAMay 19, 2017
Affordable Maids is a great company to work for! You get to spend your day with an incredible group of people! You don't start work before 8 am and you don't work past 6 pm! There are no weekends and no holidays! You are paid biweekly; paychecks are never late! There is room for advancement in timely fashion and you are even rewarded with a bonus when you come to work daily! The management at this job respect their employees and do what they can to meet our needs!
Pros
No weekends! No holidays! Friendly environment!
Cons
No direct deposit
Best place I have ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 12, 2017
I have been with this company for about 4 years and it's awesome. I love the Monday- Friday hours. Having holidays off is a really nice bonus. The owners truly care about their employees. I really feel appreciated on a daily basis. This is the best place I have ever worked.
A great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 1, 2017
I would highly recommend Affordable Maids. I have worked here for 13 years now. Management truly cares about the well being and happiness of all employees. They treat each employee with respect whether your have worked there 1 week or 10 years. It's a great place to work if you have a family. I am home in the evening and on weekends and am able to participate in all the sports and activities my family is involved in. It provides a great work life-home life balance for me. Affordable Maids is a great place to work!
Really think about this job!!!!
Maid (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2017
This is your life an that's it! You never know when you get home!!!! Your all over the place once you start working, or have your schedule change durning the day.If you get easily car sick don't apply for this job. You are expected to make things look perfect and that's it.....you can move up quick in the company but the stress is not worth it.....its nice having the weekends off but that's about the only good thing. Really think hard before applying and if you do asking alot of question when you call the company!!!
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Short breaks, you work like a dog
Horrible.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 20, 2017
This place takes first place on the list of worst places I've worked. Besides the management acting as if they own you and getting your hard earned money basically stolen from you ... I don't know what else could be honestly more wrong with this company. The owners act like you owe them your life and time. They don't care if you have kids or a family .. They'll have you out until 8pm days before Christmas. The times they give you to finish a room is completely unrealistic. You must do it completely their way or they'll give you a pay cut without notice. Kiss those knees goodbye because you'll be on the floor for hours scrubbing them. Forget knee pads either because they'll just make you hotter than you already were in the uniforms they supply. Its honestly the biggest joke of a company i have ever dealt with. Honestly you're better off working at McDonald's than working for this place.
Pros
Not a dang thing
Cons
Very caring place to work for
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 31, 2017
This place is a good place to work for. This job fits my schedule with kids. I'm able to work while their at school and be home in the evening and weekends with them. I even get the holidays off with them too. We even get snow delays if theirs bad weather. You couldn't ask for a better schedule then that. Plus you can't beat the pay. They also have these different levels of advancement where you can learn new skills and get paid to do it. I now have management skills where before I didn't. Also this place is so helpful if you need anything. There always a manager on each team if you have any questions. All the girls are real friendly and very nice.
Pros
Traveling around
Cons
No direct deposit
Fast paced environment with very friendly coworkers!
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Affordable maids is a great company to work for. The owners and managers take pride in their work and make sure every employee is doing a good job out in the field. If any problems would arise, they would do anything to help you out, which is an awesome quality in any management position. I have been with this company for a few years and I love having weekends and holidays off to spend time with family and friends. The hours differ from week to week, depending on the job load, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons with this job! Affordable maids is the perfect job if you're a team player looking for something fast paced with friendly coworkers!
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Hours differ
Think twice about working here
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2016
I've been in the maid business for 15 years and have seen some shady things from some different companies over the years, but this company takes the cake. It's basically a boot camp where you're on your hands and knees scrubbing like a total maniac, because you've got to finish your assigned room within mere minutes or risk getting in trouble or your team leader getting in trouble. It was a constant feeling of guilt in every house, in every room, because you actually like your coworkers and don't want them to get in trouble. So you either completely annihilate your body and deal with the horrible pain, or get your team leader in trouble if you've fallen behind a few minutes. And the travel times the office gives the crew, between customer's houses can be a total joke and 9 times out of 10...if you see an affordable maids van on the road, it's speeding so they can make the ridiculous travel time that the office gives them. But if you get a ticket, it comes out of your own pocket. The office will play favorites and lie. They'll tell you one thing, but do the complete opposite. They make absolutely no sense half the time and aren't very professional.
If you aren't used to a boot camp style housekeeping service, I suggest going elsewhere for work. Girls in their early 20s with severe backpain, working from 8am to sometimes 7pm-8pm.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Boot camp style work, office plays favorites, office lies
Not great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cranberry twp paMarch 1, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years and the management is poor at best! Communication from the main office to each office is horrible! Don't expect a consistent paycheck...some days you work till 6 and some days you work till 2. Constant policy changes and managers don't have a clue what they are...there is no training for the managers and they do not handle situations correctly. Also don't call off ever...they'll take money from your check!!!! You can't request off on Thursday or Friday ever, nor can you request back earlier than before 3..this company does not work well with moms with kids in schools! Think twice before you work here!!!

Want to know more about Affordable Maids?

Ask a question
Fast paced physical work with a fun and friendly work atmosphere!
District Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Butler, PA & Ellwood City, PAFebruary 13, 2016
I am a District Field Manager that has worked for Affordable Maids for 10 years. A typical work day at Affordable Maids consists of an on average 8 hour day of cleaning, Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sundays off! This job helps provide learning experience such as customer service, quality, detail, and good work ethics. Management is always striving to learn more about employees and clients in an attempt to create a positive work environment and exceptional customer experience. The teams enjoy working together in a fun, friendly, fast paced cleaning environment. The hardest part of the job for most girls is not knowing exactly what time they are getting done for the day but this is minimal considering most have the understanding that in the service industry the goal is to satisfy the client base. The most enjoyable part of working for Affordable Maids, the days go by very quickly and the girls take pride in working together positively as a team!
Pros
Monday - Friday, No Late Evenings, or Weekends!!
Great teamwork and friendly work atmosphere
Assistant Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I've been with the company for a couple years. I've advanced so fast into an assistant manager. I'm making great money to do what I love. I was born to clean and to be able to do it for a living is great. Affordable maids cares about their employees and their so personable getting to know everyone that works for them. We travel around alot to different locations. The nice thing about it is we don't have to use our own vehicles. The girls you work with are so friendly. We work together as a team, always helping each other out and helping other teams out as well. The management team is great. Were always looking for our next team leader. The hours are great too. No evenings or weekends. I recommend this job to anyone. Come work with us. I would like to teach you everything I know. You won't regret it. This really is a great opportunity for anyone.
Pros
many opportunities to advance, daylight hours
Great place to work / Love the hours and pay
District Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I've been with this company for ten years. I love that it is no holidays, no weekends and no evenings. I like that I get paid holidays off and get paid vacation. It fits my schedule with my family because of the daylight hours. They see the potential in people and promote them accordingly. I became a team leader within months and before I knew it I was running my own office and now I'm in charge of overseeing all the offices. This place isn't just a job. It's a career for me. I love the people we work with along with all the management. We all work as a team and become so close that Were like family. We travel in teams of 2,3 or 4 people. We do between 3 to 6 houses a day. We have a great system to divide up the work load and to get the houses cleaned In a very fast manner. We strive to make employees feel comfortable and happy and to constantly train and promote them to move into leadership positions which will give them management skills and the ability to do great in anything they do. I believe that is why we have employees that have been here for years. There are people that have been here for 5, 10 and 15 years. If you love to clean you really should give us a try. There is no other place that will get you the whole package like we do.
Pros
Travel around a lot / No weekends
Affordable Maids
Manager (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PANovember 21, 2015
Do you want a job where your home every night, weekends, and holidays. Well this would be the job for you. We work Monday thru Friday usually 8 hours a day, We treat people with respect and the way we want to be treated. You will be treated very good by the boss and your managers. We all work as a team so nobody ever struggles. It is a very friendly environment where everybody gets along and works together. Your never in the same place for long. We are always going to new and different houses and always moving to new areas. You will form relationships with your team members, bosses, and customers. Your safety, happiness, and our customers are our top concerns. I have been working here for 2 years now and I am already a manager making good money and have paid holidays and vacation days. You can advance very quick here and its easy. It is a fast pace job that keeps you busy. Its is also a very successful business that keeps you with hours all year long. It is just a very great place to work.
Nice place to work
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 18, 2015
Love working side by side with a great group of girls! It's really great to be able to spend weekends at home with family and not have to be at work. They even have company vehicles which is great because we don't have to pay for gas or put miles on our personal vehicles.
Pros
No weekends or holidays
Cons
No direct deposit
Extremely friendly work environment
Happy manager (Current Employee) –  Ellwood City, PANovember 18, 2015
Currently celebrating 5 years with a great company and looking forward to many more. You'll enjoy every weekend off & no holidays. Our days go by so fast before you know it it's time to go home! Everyone is so welcoming. Plus there's a fast track program that lets you earn more money and who doesn't love that!
Pros
Awesome dental vision and retirement packages!
Cons
Health insurance
This company deserves 100 stars
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
my typical work day always started out with warm positive greetings in the morning with office staff and co-workers. and everyday i learned how to communicate with various types of people. Management are pleasant team players as well as professionals with positive attitudes. Haven't experienced any difficult issues concerning this awesome job. And the most enjoyable part of the job, is working for a great company with positive, hardworking team players.
Pros
To gain experience and required knowledge of the company.
Cons
To not have to work every weekend
Very physical and rewarding job
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2012
I enjoyed working as a team and management was great. The hardest part of the job would be the physical demands. The best part was the people that you work with.
Pros
you use their company vans and not your personal vehicle.
Cons
health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affordable Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3