AFIMAC Employee Reviews

Fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2017
Afimac its a good company. You make a lot of money with the company. I learned alot from my supervisor and coworker while working with them. Afimac would mostly be my route while I'm young and moving
Pros
Room was paid for
Cons
Nothing at all
Fun place to work
CRISIS STRIKE ENFORCER (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 12, 2017
Fun place to work puts a little stress on you random job locations and assignments the pay is ok 7 days a week 12 hours a day no off daysand they pay for your food and housing.
Afimac
Strike Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 31, 2017
It was a good job and paid well. I liked the job a lot. Would work there again. All expenses paid. Only needed money for food and personal items. Able to travel.
Pros
Pay
no extra's
Chemical Plant Batch Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2017
AFIMAC was a strike replacement contractor. The job consist of lot of wait and see, if a strike was going to take place. The only good part of the job was some classroom/refresher training.
Pros
Some refresher Training
Cons
The wait and see game. also how the union membership was going to react.
providing security to client
Security guard part time (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 11, 2017
good experience in the security field. work with people from all over the country. great management team and coworkers.you must be flexable and willing to travel on a short notice.
Pros
paid hotel stays.
Cons
no days off on job assignment
fun place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Shore, KYApril 5, 2017
physical place to work. the hardest part of the job was lifting 100+ bricks for 12 hours every day. i learned how to operate a hoist/crane, i recieved forklift training, and i had a fun experience on the job site.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Fun workplace with great people
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 4, 2017
The culture there is great. Everyone is friendly and is always willing to help or engage in conversation. The accounting department was especially helpful. All were happy to help with what they could.
Pros
The employees, free lunches during holidays
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Better company in the industry
DRIVER/DELIVERY/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 20, 2017
It is a great company. This is a trying industry that requires a lot of patience. You want to do you research before jumping in with type of work or you'll be miserable.
Great pay for the work
Tactical Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. For the work they pay extremely well. I enjoyed my supervisors and my coworkers. The company goes that extra mile to make work a very cooperative workplace.
Hours and rotations
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 26, 2016
Hours can be long while on an active project, 12 hr days, 7 days a week with no days off during the ongoing project.

This particular company DOES NOT offer an optional rotation out after 45 days as do the other similar companies. This means that if you leave before the project ends, you must pay for your own transport home. Whereas the other companies will pay for your transport home if you choose to rotate out after 45 days.
Pros
long term projects
Cons
On-site commanders are not always professional and/or experienced
good pay
Production / Coating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
Good pay can safe a lot. was able to travel. Met all kinds of people from around the country. Stayed in nice hotels and not so nice hotels,
Pros
Good pay and travel
Cons
Can be long hours
nice company to work for
Techinal Evidence Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 22, 2015
management provided a team oriented environment
and went above and beyond to meet employee needs
also made sure that all employees were properly trained
fun working environment
TACTICAL SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  walnut creek, CAOctober 18, 2015
this company was good at what they do this job is not for everyone it had long hours and you worked everyday we worked in the bay area but this company was global.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks and very little restroom breaks
Changes peoples lives
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 1, 2015
If you don't mind working hard and being paid well this is the place form you. I been on 3 different projects with this company. BP refinery in Whiting,IN St.John Hospital in Bellingham,WA and John Muir Hospital Walnut Creek,CA I love this company and wouldm go to work for them again anytime
Pros
Pay
Crisis Security
Crisis/Strike Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Providing security to the establish while a company is under a strike. Working under stressful situations, maintaining your cool for yourself & your co workers so everyone safety is accounted for.
gave the chance to travel
strike security (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
working at AFIMAC was great it gave me a chance to travel to a state I never been to before and also gave me my first plane ride. they pay for everything hotel stay and all I enjoyed working there i look forward to my next project,
Not a good company anymore
security supervisor (Former Employee) –  nationwideFebruary 3, 2015
I can actually say that this company was a good company to work for at onetime but not anymore.The new people they have in management positions are a bunch of wanna be police officers and military ,(talking about fake Valor),but anyway ,you will be required to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and take in account that you have to add in your prep time to get ready for work ,your meeting that they hold every morning to pass down non important information and your travel time to the jobsite and that can be anywhere for 15 mins to over a hour.You will quickly find out that if you are not in the little circle of friends then your time there will not be pleasant and theres no need to try to get anything done because the people in the office or part of the problem now didn't use to be like that but now it is,so I advise anyone that need fast money just go get your money from this company and work and ride into the sunset .Huffmaster,Jrphillips,securcorp and special response or better companies to work for.Im a 20 year in the labor disputes business so I now the good and bad of the business.
Pros
quick money
Cons
work long hours, buddy system with people with little or no intelligence
Travel, OK Pay
Tactical Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, PittsburgFebruary 1, 2015
I have been on 2 assignments and each never went into active mode and we were basically getting paid to be at the Hotel for 2 weeks. Not a bad deal especially when the OT kicked in. Most of the guys did not venture out site seeing as I did and they were miserable after a week as one can imagine. This is a good Company to work for and I have never had any problems with the management, the pay, airline tickets etc. The only negative is that the assignments are few and far between because in this economy there are very few Unions going on strike and they always seem to negotiate a contract.
Pros
Daily Per Diem, Paid Travel, Seeing new places, Decent pay
Cons
Very few assignments
Good pay,terrible management
Strike Security (Former Employee) –  Laplata PO, NMJanuary 24, 2015
The only thing that is great about this job is the pay. It's $9/hr at 84hrs a week with $35 per diem.Management has literally said they dont care about their employees and were just bodies. We're easily replaceable and thats not cool. They know other strike company's and threaten you if you screw up to tell other companies NOT to hire you. They dont care about your sleep and its kind of easy to sleep on the job if you work nights. If you work days,well your in luck. Everything is made easy and you have no problems if you work days. Management needs to get their act together and tend to their employees needs and listen to them.I would not recommend this job to anyone til the management gets their act together. I personally am probaly not ever going back to this company.
Pros
Pay, per diem, car, gas, hotel
Cons
Management, no vacation or sick days
Very Uptempo job with a lot of chance to travel
Tactical Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2014
If you are into saving money and wanting to support your family this the job for you. It offers cash per Diem that will get you along until pay day.
Pros
Great Pay, Per Diem
Cons
No days off 12 hour work days