AFL Telecommunications LLC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good Work Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCSeptember 13, 2017
Good work place for the most part. I was at the Hidden Lake location. Manager was easy to get alone with and nice to be around. The job I held, simply was not the job for me.
Typical Day
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 14, 2017
Have a 10 minute communication meeting with team that HR said was not mandatory. 4 out of 12 team members in attendance. Checking emails then get with the Lead Operator to go over the schedule. Walk to each team member to check on them and communicate production information at the moment. Make sure rework is taking place. Review the rework area and contact the appropriate Engineer to review and disposition. Look over scheduling issues and correct. Getting permission from the Manager to make decisions about anything I plan on doing on the floor. Being given tasks by the Manager that are Lead Operator work leading to both of us doing the same thing all day. Communicating to Associates on the floor what is priority for the day to ship for the day and week. Due to no communication of production changes from the Manager, production priorities have to be change frequently. Lots of trust issues from the floor and the Manager and Supervisors and Manager. Frustrating having to get permission to do the job I was hired to do. Manager is quick to point out small mistakes but rarely if ever tell the team or Supervisors "good job". Its more satisfying working with Associates in the department and Associates and Management in other departments.
Pros
Working with direct reports, Working with Managers and Associates in other departments
Cons
Manager micro manages, quick to find fault not solutions, slow to praise workers for ideas or good work, very poor communication between Manager and Supervisors, Supervisors sometimes get production information from Associates due to poor Manager communication
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2012
Answering phones and help troublesdhoot the customer phones and help them make payments as well