AFN

AFN Employer Reviews

Work Hard-Play Hard Mentality
Procurement Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch fridays, benefits, extra-currcular activities
Cons: stressful, long hours
In carrier sales my typical hours start at 6:30 am (mandatory) and end between 5-6 pm depending on what we have left for the day. While demanding and intense, the day does seem to fly by quickly as you are constantly engaged with new and different situations.

My co-workers are also generally upbeat and typically under 30 and I love the management (open – more... and receptive to anything). The company also offers free lunch on Fridays and extracurricular activities (sports, bar crawls, charity events etc...) to get to know co-workers.

If this job were only an 8 hour day I would absolutely love working here. However, the long work day and stress of working in sales is a definite negative. Even with the extracurricular activities offered by management to counteract the long hours, the work/life balance is heavily weighted to the work side. There has also been a high amount of turnover in the last year on the sales side as a result of competition.

Only seek out if you are high energy and competitive. – less
Good Starting Job for Loan Officers
Jr. Loan Officer for Top Producing Loan Officer (Former Employee), Downey, CANovember 27, 2013
The positions available are small at the local branch, but I learned a lot about the mortgage industry and all the internal machinations.
No Job Security
National Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Niles, ILNovember 12, 2013
Cons: poor job security and work/life balance
AFN has done a poor job balancing staffing needs between departments and a poor job projecting production. This has led to low amount of opportunity to grow and heavy downsizing in the company. The culture at the company quickly became unhappy, bitter between departments, and a poor sense of job security.
Great Work Life Balance
Associate Manager-Client Services West (Former Employee), Niles, ILOctober 15, 2013
This company has great work life balance, lots of family friendly events, BBQ's, parties for both the adults and children.
AFN "The Best Way Everyday"
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Niles, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches on fridays, monthly birthday/anniversary breakfast; bowling teams, baseballs teams, christmas party, etc.
Cons: n/a
Tracking & tracing services of Full Truckload shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery;
Communicate one on one with drivers and carriers to identify problems and resolve issues in a timely manner and to help make sure freight is tracked and secure for the customer;
I learned about about logistics in what is involved in the transportation of a – more... commodity;
Management was very supportive;
No part of the job was hard, just a learning experience; and
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team. – less
Great job
Radio Technician (Former Employee), Italy, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: fee lunch
Cons: breaks anytime
I would clock in go to my office that was assigned for me, I would put cd's in the computer that we had and that would be playing on the radio that day. Then go to the back to do commercials or be the DJ. I learned how to do everything to do with the radio. Management was good. Co workers was fun to be around. There really wasn't anything hard about – more... the job. Enjoyable part was being in control of the music playing. – less
Very well ran company
Procurement Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2012
Pros: fun place to work w/ a gym on site
Cons: read the review
Overall this is a great company to work for if you do not have a family. There is no distiction between the begining and the end of the day. They expect you to be on call 24/7 365. Hours are extremely long typical is 0630 to 1800. There is very little guidance from management. If you are not a top producer right away they do not help guide you in anyway – more... to make it to that next level. – less