Afni Employee Reviews

Afni is a great place to work!
HR Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85730December 13, 2016
I worked at Afni for 7 years and it's all about the culture, co workers, clients, and customers that make Afni a great place to work. The advancement opportunities are endless and the overall work is enjoyable. I went from working as a customer care consultalt for 4 years to working in HR as the frost desk receptionist for another 3 years. Management is outstanding and co-workers are family.
benefits
Team enviorment
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 16, 2017
a typical day was always a busy day. management was okay not very good. a good workplace culture and very fun environment at times. hardest part of the job is making sure you pass all three surveys everyday. most enjoyable part of the job is opportunities and benefits.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
managment at times
Good money, job overall not great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2017
If your looking to make money this job would be great for you that is if you dont care about anything else. No life balance, benefits minimal, advancement chances are low, management is a joke. however if you dont care about any of that stuff this job is great for you
The work enviroment was great and they treated each other as family
Customer service representative and sales chat (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 4, 2017
A typical work day would be kind of busy, you would have to take a number of chats per hour so you would be conversing with 3 customers at a time. I learned how to multitask and time management. The most enjoyable part of the Job was being able to listen to music while chatting.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place for honest, hardworking people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2016
This job is all about numbers and stats, and anyone with a moral compass will not do well here. You either lie to customer and save your stats, or you do right by the customers and hit your stats. There's a chance that you might get lucky and not get the bad calls, but it's a slim chance. The plus side, the benefits are great.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No job security, it's all based on pure luck.
Good staff but below average pay.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 14, 2017
Overall, employees at Afni are great to work with. Management is very flexible for any given personal issue you may have and the benefits are very solid. However, the pay is very poor, relative to comparable roles at other employers.
Pros
Employees and flexibility.
Cons
Salary
great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Great place to work for. The peers are more helpful than the mentors. Mentors are only concerned with numbers. When receiving a rude caller mentors will leave you on the phone eventhough they are suppose to deescalate situtations. Mentors will leave you on the phone with a rude callers for hours and then ask why were you on the call so long. The best part of working with Afni us working with Eduardo. He cares about all of his workers. He helps deescalate calls that are rude and coaches you on how to handle bad callers. He is the best. Need more workers like him there. Really loved the job just couldn't handle the hours given after orientation. 12-9.
Pros
bonuses, benefits, and a great team leader Eduardo
Cons
rude customers and passive mentors
Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 5, 2017
Expect you to solve customers issues in short amount of time w which is impossible due to reps and sales reps giving customers incorrect info. Expect you not to transfer calls even tho they need tech or financial services, and you've done everything you can to help. RTO is only type of approved attendance. Sick time is considered an attendance occourance. Which counts against you. No loyalty at all to people that have been there for long time, major favoritism for certain people. Coaches not willing to help you if your not on their team. Management is ridiculous.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not paid any where near enough for all the stuff you have to put up with. Two faced.
Worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2016
Management here takes in massive amounts of people, chews them up, and spits them out. By the time you learn how to be good at your job, you are desperate to get out. When I worked there, you didn't even have your own desk - you could go to lunch and return only to find that someone had taken your seat, and you had to move. Until you were there long enough to get seniority, you worked weekends all the time, not to mention holidays - I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. The customers aren't bad, usually, but management fired people for things they couldn't control such as being hospitalized. Just a negative culture here. This is a job of last resort until you can find something better.
Pros
Sit-down job, climate-controlled, some benefits
Cons
Bad management, lots of stress
This place is terrible
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2017
the training was good but it didn't fully prepare you for all the situations regarding what you would come across. the calls in training were queued so you only got certain calls and the minute you were out of training all heck broke loose to put it lightly. the floor support was none you were lucky to find a supervisor in the first place. the amount of agents that were jaded to say the least really brought the morale of the place down. the favoritism was rampant.
Pros
good bonus structure, good pay. hour lunch able to adjust breaks and lunches
Cons
bad supervisors and management. wont except doctors notes, no floor support
Perfect if you need a job sooner rather than later.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
Environment is fairly relaxed on my team (social media Verizon support). Being on the phones was rough but not difficult.

I learned a lot about what consumer expectations are and about people in general, as you will speak/interact with all sorts.

Getting the job was easy and the 5 weeks paid training meant I could start earning immediately and was prepared when i first started taking calls.

management is fair with a good number of pros and cons.

Co-workers are a mixed bag. Some really enjoy the job and are happy to be employed. Others do not like the call center environment and really don't want to be there.

The hardest part is just typing and researching the correct information quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is fairly simple and you do genuinely help people on a daily basis.
Pros
Bonus structure, paid breaks, Flexible schedule, fair amount of paid time off and sick time, good air conditioning (important in Tucson AZ), pays better than most entery level jobs that only require a GED or high school diploma.
Cons
no/few raises, social media bonus structure is unfair, do not always deliver promised incentives, no bonus/rais for additional responsibilities.
Afni review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Afni was great. With competitive pay and great benefits, it was the nicest call center that I have seen. The other co workers were friendly and helpful, and all the supervisors were very professional
Productive and fast pace work place.
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, alFebruary 2, 2017
Great job, low pay for long hours. Great opportunity to broaden your knowledge of cell phones, devices, and phone services.
Pros
Nice benefits, great with sick time and paid time off.
Cons
Small pay
Unfair
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2016
I worked for Afni for 8 months loved it may have struggled a little but I was getting it I went through a hard time could not miss time during training slept in my car preg for 2 weeks just to keep my job as I got closer to the time to have the baby I was in alot of pain afni did work with me but not even a month after having the baby and returning back to work they fire me due to my newborn getting sick and my mom came out but had to go back to Phoenix area to return rental she took my son to doctor they said he could not go to daycare I asked two coaches could I leave would I lose my job was told to just go a flex would be put in they fired me on my day off for taking care of my baby if you dont have kids I loved it afni was a great job
Pros
Always have fun things going on
Cons
Inconsiderate
Very flexible work schedule which allowed more time outside of work.
Customer service and satisfaction, etc (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2017
As I arrived at work I would grab a cup of coffee before logging into my work station. After logging in I would pull up my resources and start receiving calls. After a call is received I would assist a customer by accessing there account with a Verification process. Once verified I would assist the customer with basic account functions/upgrades, and will assist with any troubleshooting needed. And repeat the process until my shift ended.
Pros
Flexibility between calls and easy going management.
Cons
n/a
It started great and fell through the cracks
Customer Service Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 16, 2017
The training was not intended for the service we were going to do, we had to go to 3 more training to compensate which were mandatory and conflicted with school schedules and finals week.
Not for people going to school at the same time.
Management disorganized and non existent support on the floor
IT does not keep up with equipment and software so every time you come to work there is a problem
You have to work with minimal or non functioning resources while putting up with a negative work environment.
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika alJanuary 28, 2017
Afni is a great place to Work! The management team is there to help you grow as a agent as well as having great benefits and pay with unlimited earning potential
Laid back job with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 11, 2016
Very nice co-workers and management is very understanding. Dusty work stations and starting pay for some positions may be low but over all it is a good place to work for a full time paycheck. Actual job itself is not very stressful and some what laid back once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable and friendly work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 18, 2016
Management focused on employee advancement. Provides necessary education for job skills. Social coworkers. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the training. Most enjoyable part of the job is the laid back environment.
Pros
Strong bonuses
Cons
Must be strong socially
afni rating
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2016
currently work at Afni. going on almost a year and it is a very political enviroment. company bases its views around affirmative action. don't expect huge advancement quickly. benefits are good though. C+. no training is ever given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9