Afni Employee Reviews

I was able to survive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2016
I survived over 6 large employment cuts due to spikes. So if you want to be unappreciated, ripped off of any bonuses this is for you otherwise keep on looking and support any other company. computers were not updated in 5 yr i was with Afni dont do it.
Pros
good pay sometimes
Cons
everything else
Not well organized and supervisors don't do much supervising
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
The company itself strives to be organized and deliver excellent customer service but the management is horrible as itself. They only tell you what you did wrong and not recognize what you did right. So literally you are working not knowing what to do because everything you do seems to be wrong. No advice or anything and they were not flexible with hours if you wanted to go to school and made overtime a mandatory thing and you couldn't schedule your own overtime.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 26, 2016
easy money, if you are living in the opelika area, easy to travel to, long way to drive from columbus for 9.00 hourly rate. fun atomosphere easy to get along with coworkers
Pros
n/a
Cons
to far to drive
Great pay for beginners if you don't mind the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2016
At a starting pay of $11.25 it's a great starting rate for no experience needed. However with mandated overtime, rude customers, spotty training courses, and the daily truth that hardly anyone is happy to have to talk to you the pay is really the only incentive for Afni. The long term benefits are great, but most people don't make it long enough to receive them.
Ok place to work
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 20, 2016
It was an okay place to work. The work is pretty repetitive. Taking incoming calls for a phone company on the west coast and sending out repair techs if needed.
Enjoyed the work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere. Co-workers were nice and management were caring. everyone helped each other if questions with procedure arose.
Pros
no drama with co-workers
Cons
having to sit at a desk all day.
Productive and fun workplace
I did customer service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2016
I liked working at Afni Inc because management was very nice and if you didn't know something they would come and help you out. Safeway customer's are the best customer's in the world because they are very respectful and so is the staff member's of the company.
So much fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I loved working here. All the people were so great and I loved it there. The pay was great, but the set schedules were difficult to manage.
Friendly environment
Training and Transition Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2016
fast paced, kept the day interesting, coaching culture promoting servant leadership. Good opportunity for advancement
Pros
Atmosphere
Call center
Customer Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2016
Your typical call center lacking leading management skills, as well as keeping employees. Easy to do if you can remain calm and talk a customer from being mad to being content or happy/
Pros
breaks, bonus
Cons
leadership loss
Soul Sucking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I worked in the billing department and sales. I was the one people would call when upset and angry because their bill was wrong. After calming the customer down and going over all the details to amend the mistakes, I was required to upsell them on a product or service. That rarely went over well. Not to say I wasn't good at what I did, apparently I sold enough products to win several office prizes, it was just tiresome being a punching bag.
Pros
Awesome team of coworkers
Cons
Angry customers screaming at you for 8 hours a day
Good Start up work for entry to Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2016
The Training for sales orientate work is good. This is a Sales position only. Good benefits and good hours. Enjoyed working with the customers to upgrade service and resolve billing claims.
Cons
10, 000 gross sales a day is not realistic is to be a goal and not a penalty for failure to meet the 10, 000 a day
Offered many opportunities
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Easy to work your way up in the company but beware of budget. Once budget is set then cuts are made. The people are the best thing about the company and they try to make a work/life balance possible.
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 1, 2016
stressful
being belittled by customers
no ones on the same page
constant policy changes
need something to cope out side of work
Afni has been a great place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 30, 2015
I was trained at this job in a extensive training program that taught me everything that I needed to know to be able to do my job successfully.The trainer was friendly and kind hearted, not to mention well versed in the work that we would be doing as he had moved up in the company from the position I would be at to the trainer that he was at the time.
Co-workers could sometimes be distracting & favorited by the supervisors, but majority of the people that I worked with were good people & worked hard at what we all did.
The most difficult part of my job was dealing with the constant rule/policy changing that we have been going through over the last few months. This has made the job hard to deal with & has drawn away from the original concept of the job & being able to be trained constantly to move forward & up in the company.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, great incentives to keep employees interested in making sales, up beat work environment, and good people.
Cons
Rule/policy changes too often.
Unstable Employment
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 28, 2015
The job is unstable for management level employees. We never had room for advancement or security that the job would be there from year to year.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, CODecember 16, 2015
Working for AFNI was also a great jobs. The management did a great job training and letting us know what we could worik better on as a team and an individual. They really did care about both workers and the customer. Going to school full time and having a full time job and a family was very hard for me. So I had to make a decision between finishing school or working. And sadly I desided that I needed to finish schoool and quiet my job but it was one of the best jobs working at.
Pros
management, incentives. appriciation
Cons
not flexable hours
Loved it!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2015
I loved working at Afni! It was an easy job, sitting down at a desk chatting with customers all day. Hours vary on how good you are at your job because they do shift bids and your stats determine your order in line for the shift you want. They offer gift cards and other free items for meeting and exceeding your goals. They work hard to make sure you understand what your job requires and to make sure you know how to efficiently do your job as well. If you ever have a question or problem there are coaches that are there for you when you need them. There are many options to move up within the company. You also get up to 3 breaks depending on how long your shift is.
Pros
Gift cards, easy work
Cons
Sitting down all day
Overall Company
Web Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 2, 2015
Afni has its ups and downs as a company. Management can use some improvement. The job is very flexible though with great benefits.
Productive high pace environment with dailygoals
sales representative (Current Employee) –  E Escalante Rd, Tucson AZ 85730November 17, 2015
Great environment with up beat people, a bit focused on numbers and meeting goal daily. The best part of working there was meeting tons of great people and making friends that have the same goal as you. Afni is a growing company which means there's always people flowing in and out so job security is a bit of an issue, but over all a great experience to be able to grow, work as a team and gain knowledge on how to give great a Customer Service experience.
Pros
30min lunches, dental, health, and vision benifits.
Cons
up-selling even if it didn't apply in every situation, not acknowledged on what you did right but on what you could of done better.