Afni Employee Reviews

Great place t work.
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 12, 2017
As long as you focus on your job you will be fine, Their training process is great, Sort of fast paced due to the call/chat volume. They have trainers for every department waiting to assist you with any problem you may come across when interacting with your customer.
Benefits
Cons
AFNI and its tardiness policy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2017
I loved my job at afni but I lived far away and had to rely on the bus to get there so I was late 5 or 6 times and they have a very strict tardiness policy so that is why I was let go. I really wish I would of been able to keep my job there because it was easy work and I made good pay checks there. You were able to work as many extra hours you wanted which was blessing.
Pros
Great Work environment.
Cons
To strict tardiness policy.
Productive and fun, relaxed work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 12, 2017
A typical day at work, was not like work. Afni was more like a big family and huge team that made everyone welcome. Afni gave me tons of experience with basic computer skills, how to get a long with people from different walks of life. Also taught me how to troubleshoot in a more effective manner, helped me to learn more empathy, and how to handle a escalated call. Even though some calls had to be forwarded to management. My management team was great at there job and always very helpful. We all knew what hard work meant but we all always had fun working. Escalated calls was probably the hardest part of the job. I loved my job even when there was a upset caller at the other end of the line. Working with people I considered family and friends made for a great job!
Pros
we all worked as a team!
Cons
escalated calls
Social Media Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2017
Great place to work. Great working with schedules and overtime. Very fun environment to work in a lot of great things going on, the leadership in afni is remarkable.
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2017
Good place to work, nice people and nice benefits. The job is stressful but management makes sure to go above and beyond for employees. Great training program
This place is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 2, 2017
This job is very stressful environment. It's a third party company working for Verizon. The customers are often irritate, their isn't enough floor support to help with questions, and the metric system they use is unrealistic. If you are in desperate need for a job then sure go for it, but the management is poor and they start you off with only $9.00 per hour. People there are also messy. Instead of fixing the problems in the company they just keep hiring more people as more people quit which is why their rention rate is horrible.
Pros
They have a lot of benefits and you can earn unlimited overtime
Cons
short breaks, poor management, low pay
It’s ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 2, 2017
I think that Afni is an alright place to work. It does give you advancement opportunities and it’s a nice place. However the management is a bit off. If you want a life outside of work I wouldn’t advise it.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2017
AFNI was a fun place to work. Management changed hands and all incentives got removed. Supervisors were hired with little to no experience. It just went down hill very fast.
Pros
They actually pay what you earn.
Cons
The incentive packages were taken away. Lack of helpful management.
Long hours and alot of work in short period of time
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2017
The days were a bit stressful due to multiple deadlines that were hard to meet as an individual and company. I wore several hats while employed with AFNI 9Iinstructor and operation supervisor). I enjoyed being an instructor, because I had the initial touch on the people hired to ensure they had the knowledge and skills to be successful. As an operations supervisor; the multiple deadlines and amount of people to management at one time (30+) prove to be very hard to at times, just not enough hours in the day. Overall, the job gave me the ability to enhance/develop certain skills that would prove to be very beneficial now. The company no longer is in business.
Pros
skills/knowledge gained
Cons
the constant turnover of employess and management
program coach
Program Coach, Customer Verification Center (CVC) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 30, 2017
Like any job there are some good things and some bad things. If you get a good program coach and project manager you can enjoy your job if not you can hate your job. The pay is low.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 27, 2017
The atmosphere at AFNI was typical of most outsourced call centers, however some aspect more than others. There are actual guards that not only wand you when you enter the work area, but on the way out. The supervisors do not provide the help that is needed nor the feedback needed to improve. Since it is an outsource company, the clients are treated like royalty. They do not conform to the rules of the site and micromanage everything.
Very job focused
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 27, 2017
If you are going to work to work, this place will definitely suit you. After a while the work becomes the same thing all day every day with very little variety. Very little mental challenge and hardly enough stimulation. We used to be able to bring in puzzles and games to help keep our minds busy while we worked on the call floor or even when it was just a slow day, but the management removed all semblance of stimulation. Card games and puzzles were confiscated, books were prohibited as well as anything that was not work related. I can understand some stuff not being allowed for the safety of the parent company and for protection, but when sitting at a desk for eight hours a day with customers having the same issue that has been fixed a thousand times, it can get too repetitive.
Pros
Nice people, good pay and easy to bonus
Cons
Boring, stagnant place
busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 24, 2017
this job is for someone who can stand sitting for 8+ hours with 2 15 minute breaks and stare at a computer screen all day with no change of pace . it is impossible to keep up with the customers and provide good service for the amount of people they expect you to handle at a time
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 16, 2017
Working in a call center I loved interacting with the customers and the employees. Pay was good and fair the company is every evolving and a overall good place to work
Its the morals
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2017
I say every time to turn and run from this company, I'd rather take a hit in my benefits and actually be able to do something in their system, then just lieing to the costumer all the time.
Extremely fast and uneasy
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2017
When I first went to training I really enjoyed working for Afni, it was fun, and it seemed like the work itself wasn't too hard. But after I left training and moved to floor it became difficult. The managers only really cared about numbers and not about the quality of the work. It was a score big or they'd make your shift hard. I feel like I was never set up for success and rather than teaching when there was an opportunity to teach someone, it was scolding for not getting it right the first time. I enjoyed the phone calls, and while there were the occasional nasty customer I feel that a majority of my discomfort happened off the phone.
Great environment, stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2017
Afni is a call center for Verizon Wireless customer service, it was very stressful and many of the calls were negative.The environment is very fun and positive but the calls make the job very hard.
Fast Paced
Verizon Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2017
Call Center is always busy with plenty of different types of people calling in. There is always ways to pick up hours but getting time off can be a bit harder. One major downside i had was that i did see them starting to do mandatory over time while for the center. Otherwise the people are great and you are never board.
Pros
Lots of hours and you rarely have to deal with the same person twice.
Cons
Not as much home time and from time to time there is mandatory overtime
Working at Afni
Sales Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 2, 2017
Working at Afni is great. A typical day of work includes sales pitch and customer service to our customers. I have learned to type at a better speed, how to be professional when speaking to others, along with how to turn some situations around to better the chat for the customer and myself. Management is good. They listen to sales chat reps and help where they can. The hardest part would be overcoming objection from a customer. The most enjoyable parts are the benefits. One of which us do overtime, and you can get gift cards, and so much more!
Pros
Geat benefits, hours to work, and paid time off.
fast paced but fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 2, 2017
A typical day at work can be long and stressful on some days if you let customers or people in general get to you and it affects your mood. How your day goes really depends on you, if you stay positive you can get through just about anything. Management and employees are fun to be around. They make things easier and also make the day go by faster. The hardest part about the job, to me, is dealing with rude and unruly customers, you must stay professional at all times. Other then that Afni is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9