Afni Employee Reviews

Inbound Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2017
Inbound call center for Verizon wireless, the most challenging part is to calm down an irate customer and get them to feel confident you are there to take care of them and solve their problem. You get ample training which still doesn't completely help you with your day to day. After working there for one month on the floor I had encountered issues that even the floor manager didn't know how to handle. I even had to walk a few of them through on what I needed them to do for me since my credentials didn't allow me to correct the issue. Verizon cares about their people and customers they would cater food and for a week we got a gift everyday from earbuds to a Bluetooth speaker..
Pros
Customer service, ample training
Cons
Pay
Its works on favorites
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2017
It was the most invigorating experience in a workspace environment I have ever had the oppurtunity to enjoy, working with my boss seemed to have created some issues with upper manangement due to favoritism.
Alright place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801June 23, 2017
Afni was an alright place to work at. They don't discriminate about who they hire, but if you got hired being pregnant then basically you quit for your maternity leave. You can get hired right back though afterwards
Very Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
Afni, Inc. is a very fast pace environment. It can be very changeling and competitive; which creates an exciting work place. There is something new every day.
Pros
Keeps you current on new technology
Cons
Can be stressful at times
stable and fun
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
afni is a good place if you need a stable and reliable job. Ive been with afni almost 2 years and its still a good place to work. Management works with students very well.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work in training was very boring . It was hard to pay attention but the information was valuable.

I learned the ins and outs of billing, customers service, typing and ways to figure out the information and satisfaction of a customer.

Management was pleasant but the higher up on the chain the worse the management got with their attitudes

the job culture was pleasant and fun

hardest part is the expectations

the easiest part was the availability of schedule
Great for people with flexible schedules
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2017
Afni is an okay place to work if you have a super flexible schedule. It's also pretty easy to get the hang of once you start putting training into real life events on the call floor.
Afni is a great entry level job
web chat sales operator (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 16, 2017
This is not just the typical call center. The work environment is louder than most. Customers can be rude at times however this is part of being in customer service.
Pros
Music, Insurance, Commision
Cons
Micro management
Afni Review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 16, 2017
Its a decent place to work, management is not what you expect, but it is getting better. After being there for over a year its just not the same anymore
Pros
flexible scheulde
Cons
managment
Work with scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 15, 2017
Not bad coahes need to be trained more in some cases other then that laid back work environment fo offer free lunch from time to time depending on the call centers performance
Very exciting place to work, always make the job but also very professional
INTERNET SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 14, 2017
Working at Afni has been an thrilling experience, not only has it boosted my work ethnic it has also partake in my real life skills, such as coping and empathizing .

A typical day work would be me clocking in at my expected shift time, chatting with my customers coping with their issue, showing that I truly care .
Pros
Great staff, works with school schedule, and pay rate
Cons
There is not really cons
Normal Work Day.
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 14, 2017
A typical work day in the office will be you calling customers and making notes of the conversation. Sometimes the customers are rude but some of them are nice. If you have a great tone with the customers they are usually nice to you.
Great job
Web Chat Customer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 13, 2017
Great job for college students or mothers. Relaxed and no bad vibes about the job if you looking to make money you will be able to make a lot working for this company
Pros
Very active with employees
Cons
Need more flexability
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 12, 2017
Management is never reliable or understanding, absolutely horrid. Everyone is ready to throw each other under the bus to get whatever they need. The metrics you are asked to keep are unobtainable. They demand you work overtime, sometimes more than 4 hours a week. The pay isn't worth the stress the actual job puts you through. If you do not have insurance when you start the job you better take it asap, because you will be using it pretty soon. Working here caused me a whole mess of anxiety, chronic sicknesses ( i.e. strep throat, upper respiratory problems etc.) I even found bed bugs in the call center. The easiest part of the job, the initial training part then after that you are thrown into the shark tank.
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Everything.
It was a fast pace job but very relaxing
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 12, 2017
You have to bbe a peoples person in order to do your job accurately and professionally. A good team made the difference also. Understanding the different systems was a plus
Great!!
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 10, 2017
This was the first place I'd worked at in many years. I was a stay at home mom and after my husband passed away, I started working at Afni. I have to say, It was a great place to work and was a great experience. Would go back in a New York minute!!!!!!
working with customers with product questions and new orders via web chat
Web Chat Sales (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 8, 2017
Awesome work environment
I learned how to upsale
management was most available
hardest part of the job was to explain to customers questions who had no experience in cell phones
Pros
wonderful training
Cons
my career there was cut short by medical issues at the time
nice
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 7, 2017
nice atmosphere. friendly coworkers. clean place to work but they kept it cold. i loved going to work everyday. off on the weekends,leave early the days is was slow
Where people work only when they're desperate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2017
The workplace environment is one of constant surveillance and overall suspicion. The call floor supervisors are unprofessional and their job related "knowledge" is highly unreliable--they will either put too much emphasis on joking around when you genuinely need help, or they will give you inaccurate information when you're on a call. The bonuses are too good to be true and are only awarded if you're lucky enough to get reasonable callers or manage to meet all criteria perfectly (which is nearly impossible). They promote unqualified people into positions of power, they threaten to fire you if you miss more than one day (which means you can never get sick), they expect you to learn a ridiculously complex system for which the pay scale is ridiculously low, and you have little job security. Unless you desperately need money, avoid what is basically the call center equivalent of a sweatshop.
Trustworthy
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 6, 2017
work from 8-2 each day ive learned that dealing with very rude customers can be very hard. Management was okay but the hardest part of working here was dealing with angry customers through the phone i enjoyed learning every day.
Cons
Rude Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9