Afni Employee Reviews

Worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2016
Management here takes in massive amounts of people, chews them up, and spits them out. By the time you learn how to be good at your job, you are desperate to get out. When I worked there, you didn't even have your own desk - you could go to lunch and return only to find that someone had taken your seat, and you had to move. Until you were there long enough to get seniority, you worked weekends all the time, not to mention holidays - I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. The customers aren't bad, usually, but management fired people for things they couldn't control such as being hospitalized. Just a negative culture here. This is a job of last resort until you can find something better.
Pros
Sit-down job, climate-controlled, some benefits
Cons
Bad management, lots of stress
Perfect if you need a job sooner rather than later.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
Environment is fairly relaxed on my team (social media Verizon support). Being on the phones was rough but not difficult.

I learned a lot about what consumer expectations are and about people in general, as you will speak/interact with all sorts.

Getting the job was easy and the 5 weeks paid training meant I could start earning immediately and was prepared when i first started taking calls.

management is fair with a good number of pros and cons.

Co-workers are a mixed bag. Some really enjoy the job and are happy to be employed. Others do not like the call center environment and really don't want to be there.

The hardest part is just typing and researching the correct information quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is fairly simple and you do genuinely help people on a daily basis.
Pros
Bonus structure, paid breaks, Flexible schedule, fair amount of paid time off and sick time, good air conditioning (important in Tucson AZ), pays better than most entery level jobs that only require a GED or high school diploma.
Cons
no/few raises, social media bonus structure is unfair, do not always deliver promised incentives, no bonus/rais for additional responsibilities.
Not a good place for honest, hardworking people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2016
This job is all about numbers and stats, and anyone with a moral compass will not do well here. You either lie to customer and save your stats, or you do right by the customers and hit your stats. There's a chance that you might get lucky and not get the bad calls, but it's a slim chance. The plus side, the benefits are great.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No job security, it's all based on pure luck.
Solid workplace with serious upper management problems
Coach/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2016
Afni is a great place for someone starting out in the call center business. The training is adequate while not great and the instructors are overall very helpful. However once you hit the production floor out of training it is very different beast. Not enough coaches are willing to sit down with agents to help develop them and likewise the operation management does absolutely nothing to help the coaches develop their teams and strive for excellence. Instead what they rather do is fire anyone who does not immediately perform to their standards, the co-workers are the best part of the job as it feels like a family in the building. But the upper management problems here are irrefutably aweful. If you have experience i suggest looking for somewhere else
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
long hours, mandatory overtime, lack of communication.
Laid back job with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 11, 2016
Very nice co-workers and management is very understanding. Dusty work stations and starting pay for some positions may be low but over all it is a good place to work for a full time paycheck. Actual job itself is not very stressful and some what laid back once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable and friendly work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 18, 2016
Management focused on employee advancement. Provides necessary education for job skills. Social coworkers. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the training. Most enjoyable part of the job is the laid back environment.
Pros
Strong bonuses
Cons
Must be strong socially
Unfair
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2016
I worked for Afni for 8 months loved it may have struggled a little but I was getting it I went through a hard time could not miss time during training slept in my car preg for 2 weeks just to keep my job as I got closer to the time to have the baby I was in alot of pain afni did work with me but not even a month after having the baby and returning back to work they fire me due to my newborn getting sick and my mom came out but had to go back to Phoenix area to return rental she took my son to doctor they said he could not go to daycare I asked two coaches could I leave would I lose my job was told to just go a flex would be put in they fired me on my day off for taking care of my baby if you dont have kids I loved it afni was a great job
Pros
Always have fun things going on
Cons
Inconsiderate
Fun outgoing place to work, great atmosphere, friendly management.
Call Center Affiliate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 28, 2016
I loved working for this company; the staff and upper management were very friendly and open to help. Lots of training for the unexperienced such as myself. Everyone was open to new ideas and had great employee compensation and activities.
Great beginners job
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2016
Great place to get a job if you need one quick. Says they have lots of room for advancement, however I saw very little while there. Answering phone calls for clients is all you do so if you don't like to talk on the phone it is not the place to be.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad hours
afni rating
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2016
currently work at Afni. going on almost a year and it is a very political enviroment. company bases its views around affirmative action. don't expect huge advancement quickly. benefits are good though. C+. no training is ever given.
Good place to work starting out
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2016
Great entry level with job with advancement opportunities. High turnover as job is stressful at times. Great compensation, good pay with good health benefits.
I loved it and hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 5, 2016
I loved working for Afni before they started changing management. overall it was a great place to work, very easy to advance in this job if you have the motivation. The pay is great and they always have incentives too. You can almost aways work overtime as much as you want as well. The management however is poor, they kind of make you feel like no one has your back. Its also really hard to get paid for any incentive programs. they still owe me money. the calls aren't bad if you pay attention and know what your doing.But as far as a secure job with opportunities Afni is definitely a good job.
Pros
Pay, job security, overtime, incentives
Cons
management
No Review
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 24, 2016
Afni is a great place to work for entry level representatives, supervisors and members of management most importantly to gain experience and develop lasting work relationships.
Pros
Great Benefits including Paid Time Off, Competive Pay and lucrative bonus structure
Cons
Not alot of growth opportunity
Environment
Service Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a nice chat flow with customer via computer, learning different products and services for the company, attending trainings daily for the new changes. Management is persistent and willing to help out. My co-workers were always friendly due to the standards and the setting set inside the actually facility. The hardest part of the job was having to take in all the information when action had to be taken IMMEDIATELY. Most enjoyable part is and always will be satisfying the customer.
Afni
Project Coach (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801August 22, 2016
• Managed a team of 15 + employees at a time.
• Created spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
• Documented and created worksheets with Microsoft Word.
• Performed tasks for employees such as quality monitors, ACMs, side by sides, and Live Monitors to assist with positive performance.
• Host team meetings and huddles to keep the team informed and updated on current/future information.
• At the end of every month I would reevaluate each employees performance and deliver EICs (write-ups).
• Hosted Power Hours to boost center performance.
Pros
paid holidays, flexible, opportunities to progress, great pay
Cons
not willing to work with school schedules for management
My Experience At Afni
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 3, 2016
Overall a very easy job if your taught everything needed. A typical day is activating, data changes/concerns. Management was great, never had an issue with them. Co-Workers can nasty no matter where you work. The hardest part of the job is being told your moving to different based on your skills and it not happen. Also trying to save customers with no good tools. The most enjoyable part was when teammates helped each other save customers based on some skills they knew.
place of last resort
First Party Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 20, 2016
stressful, due to incompetent management daily issues with systems not working ,best part of the job is co workers, pay is terrible with no consideration for past experience, terrible pay raises, and bonus program useless
Pros
Cons
poor management
The Opelika,Al is the worse location
Webchat Agent (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 18, 2016
I've been at this location for a little a year. In that short time we've had 3 site directors and the current one is leaving. We've also had so many higher ups to quit effective immediately. The pay sucks and they recently made it harder to make bonus, which most employees depends on. And the Verizon Liason walks around with dirty suspenders back stabbing the AFNI employees to the agents. My last day was Friday and I am so glad to now be a part of a Fortune 500 company!
Not very good.
Login and registration representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, COMay 2, 2016
Management does not know what they are doing, and do not value their employees. Bonus requirements were constantly raised past the reasonable level.
Collector I (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 27, 2016
Not a bad place if management likes you and you don't have any outside of work responsibilities. Difficult to get schedules that work with you and child care needs. No pens or paper allowed in the collections departments.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9