Afni Employee Reviews in United States

Afni, Inc review
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 21, 2016
Typical day at work would be receiving calls at an inbound call center for a telecom company. Handling the all needs of the customer re-guarding cable, internet, phone service, and Direct TV. What I Iearned was how to handle angry customers. Management was fair, co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job is when the customer was accidentally slighted (e.g. service mistakenly shut of, or tech's mistakenly cut fiber cable.) most enjoyable part of the job is a satisfied customer and camaraderie between fellow employees.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 23, 2016
Afni was a great place to work, multiple customers chatted in daily with various different attitudes, it depends on how that particular customer was feeling on the day chatting in to depend on how your chat would go. Some customers chatted in very excited while others were very upset. My job as a Customer Service chat representative was to deescalate the customer make sure their needs were met properly to make sure that they were getting the best service possible.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Productive with great communication skills
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
I have learned the most important thing in a work day is efficiency and ability to work well with what you have. Co-workers can help each other and build the company with the right attitude. I enjoy having co-workers and I have always worked well with them. The hardest part about any job is knowing whats always next, any job comes with unexpected events and you have to be ready to solve any problems that come your way. The most enjoyable parts of a job our serving the customers and company greatly.
A fun work place with raffles and cookouts monthly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
There's a solid schedule and a diverse population of employees. There is Always work to do. A great work environment upbeat fast pace, management was always around to answer your questions. Training class we learned our skills to take to the production floor. The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with other employees.
Pros
The upbeat enviroment
Cons
Going home
Its ok.
Online Sales Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 24, 2016
Not my favorite place to work, only because of how insensitive and unkind a lot of my coworkers were. This was a very loud place to work with a very limited variety in the music that would be blaring through the speakers. At these times it was the hardest to preform daily tasks as the music was so incredibly loud, as if I was front row seats at concert of not so classical nature. I did enjoy the hour long lunch breaks, the benefits, and the vendors that would occasionally visit with food.
Pros
Verizon Discount
Cons
Loudness, Coworkers
Afni, a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2016
As a long time employee (12 years) I got to know Afni well. Afni tries very hard to provide its employees with the best environment possible,

Afni is the definition of change and often changes occur faster than they can be communicated. This can be hard on employees. Your manager may be gone the next day or you find that a new system is in place on your next shift. It can be very exciting or stressful.
Pros
decent pay, advancement, caring staff
Cons
lack of communication
Very Strict and Hard to Maintain
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 13, 2016
Job takes a rather large toll on you, Keeps you on your toes the full 8 hours of work that they assign you. They do take time every 2 weeks to check on your status and see what needs improving. The coworkers are very nice and keep the environment very active, but the hard environment does drain you and leaves you lifeless. The most enjoyable part of the job does happen on occasions during the job when you fully resolve the situation facing the customer.
fun but not very much help in work place.
Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 15, 2016
In my typical day in class during my training at afni i would sit and stare at the computer why the instructor would go through what and how we are suppose to help the customer very fast and wouldn't explain things to you very well. they wanted you to do good but didn't want to help you very much when it came to helping a customer out while you were on the phone with them.
Afni is a horrible Place filled with terrible people no one should ever have to be subjected to this.
Customer service rep. (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaMay 13, 2016
Unfortunately I worked at AFNI few years ago doing Verizon customer service. Horrible deceitful people manipulative and two-faced very dysfunctional corporate culture nasty job boring and pressure filled with very low pay. No one should have to endure this.
Pros
Better than a concentration camp.
Cons
But not by much.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, COJune 2, 2016
The manager was very rude when I told her I had to leave work because my 8 month old was in the ER. She laid me off because of it. The hardest part was probably the angry customers who would call in. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was processing activations. Those were always my favorite part. Other than that I did not like or enjoy the job.
I loved it and hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 5, 2016
I loved working for Afni before they started changing management. overall it was a great place to work, very easy to advance in this job if you have the motivation. The pay is great and they always have incentives too. You can almost aways work overtime as much as you want as well. The management however is poor, they kind of make you feel like no one has your back. Its also really hard to get paid for any incentive programs. they still owe me money. the calls aren't bad if you pay attention and know what your doing.But as far as a secure job with opportunities Afni is definitely a good job.
Pros
Pay, job security, overtime, incentives
Cons
management
Worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2016
Management here takes in massive amounts of people, chews them up, and spits them out. By the time you learn how to be good at your job, you are desperate to get out. When I worked there, you didn't even have your own desk - you could go to lunch and return only to find that someone had taken your seat, and you had to move. Until you were there long enough to get seniority, you worked weekends all the time, not to mention holidays - I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. The customers aren't bad, usually, but management fired people for things they couldn't control such as being hospitalized. Just a negative culture here. This is a job of last resort until you can find something better.
Pros
Sit-down job, climate-controlled, some benefits
Cons
Bad management, lots of stress
Produtive atmostsphere based on customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 1, 2016
I worked customer service for Verizon . I answered phones with a smile and transferred customers to the departments needed. I worked in a team environment and at times trained other team members on new software. I would handle customer concerns to the best of my department abilities before transferring them to department that could further meet their needs. This job thought me how to be patient when addressing irate customer concerns and to hand each customer with respect and my best customer service. the hardest part of my job was listing the people yell at you about things you had no control over, but it thought you how to control your emotions and no matter what the customers always right.
Pros
had a scheduel that allowed me to go to school and working with others
Cons
irrate customers
If you just need a job for 90 days it's fine ,otherwise AVOID
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  tucson,azMarch 20, 2016
Low pay, childish policies and behavior from management, this is the bottom of the barrel of call centers. A typical day , taking calls from customers of a specific client. The training provided did not at all prepare you for the call floor only 3 weeks when 8 probably would have been sufficient, but i imagine this is due to their high turnover rate.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
not enough space
Solid workplace with serious upper management problems
Coach/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2016
Afni is a great place for someone starting out in the call center business. The training is adequate while not great and the instructors are overall very helpful. However once you hit the production floor out of training it is very different beast. Not enough coaches are willing to sit down with agents to help develop them and likewise the operation management does absolutely nothing to help the coaches develop their teams and strive for excellence. Instead what they rather do is fire anyone who does not immediately perform to their standards, the co-workers are the best part of the job as it feels like a family in the building. But the upper management problems here are irrefutably aweful. If you have experience i suggest looking for somewhere else
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
long hours, mandatory overtime, lack of communication.
Very fun work environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 30, 2016
Afni loves to keep their employees happy and comfortable. They play music and have a blast. Only because the customers are always angry. So they keep us happy to the best of their ability. They care about our well being.
Pros
Happy environment, fun, inviting
Cons
takes away from your day, always there, no room for living a life
Okay Place to work, extremely stressful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2016
Afni was a good place to work, the training was very through, and the coaches were very understanding, the mentors don't really like helping when you are new and on the floor even though that is what they are being paid to do.

Good job to work, but if you are good at fast thinking and can deal with threatening phone calls then it's a good job for you. Also if you like every call listened to and judged, then its a good job for you too. I was doing really good, but my calls were broken down and every small thing I did wrong was shown to my training class.
Pros
good breaks, good pay, good training
Cons
treated bad my mentors, ignored, judged on all calls
all staff members are very helpful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 24, 2016
I like this company they give me the opportunities to learn new things. All management and hr team is very helpful . I like to work there because all staff are very friendly and they support each other . We feel they are our family members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
dead end job
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2016
Terrible management, worse pay. Not bad if you don't care about anything. The people are pretty cool, but it's just a dead end job with horrible pay. Not much room for advancement, so if you're just looking for a paycheck.....get in here and get ya a job! If you have a pulse, you're hired lol
Pros
Easy as can be
Cons
horrible training and lack of leadership
Employed for 6 months
CSR Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2016
Company does not keep employees informed. Moves employees to different jobs without adequate training. Changes employees work schedule with 2 weeks notice but not within employees previously stated availability.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Low pay and poor management

2.9