Afni Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 23, 2016
working with Verizon wireless and Verizon landline customers was awesome. never a dull moment, management was adiment about call quality which I thought was great. learned from co-workers. easy flow job. I loved it!
Pros
helping others
Friendly Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 11, 2016
It's a decent job if you're trying to step up from restaurant work. I feel like they set the bar high for expectations and let you hit the ground hard. The people there are very friendly and likable though and I think they honestly care about eachother.
Would only recommend as temporary or entry level job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 8, 2016
Very difficult to work out emergency situations or time for medical if not a major issue because doctor notes are not accepted. Certain managers are not as well trained as other managers. So managers really just rely on experience. You can be replaced very easily because it is a very basic position. The people as people are very nice and there are fun events to participate in. There is also a lot of free food given out for special occasions. The pay is good for a entry level job at 10.25/hr
Pros
Free Food for special events, Good pay
Cons
Easily replaceable, not covering time for medical situations
Descent company
chat agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 2, 2016
A job is what you make it and the people there with the company. Afni is a descent company other than some of the supervisors and the pay
Pros
sitting down all day
Cons
surveys from customers and pay
was good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 1, 2016
this was a good job that taught me most of my customer service representative skills i learn how to do multiple tasks at once talking to people on the phone solving problems doing mdn changes and activating phone making changes on accounts etc overall this was my favorite job and id like to do this most my co workers were fine and i loved the whole day.
Okay
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2016
Not too bad, just very unprofessional and nothing to really do. They had us sitting on the phones while we were just a call center job.
No Review
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 24, 2016
Afni is a great place to work for entry level representatives, supervisors and members of management most importantly to gain experience and develop lasting work relationships.
Pros
Great Benefits including Paid Time Off, Competive Pay and lucrative bonus structure
Cons
Not alot of growth opportunity
Perfect if you need a job sooner rather than later.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2016
Environment is fairly relaxed on my team (social media Verizon support). Being on the phones was rough but not difficult.

I learned a lot about what consumer expectations are and about people in general, as you will speak/interact with all sorts.

Getting the job was easy and the 5 weeks paid training meant I could start earning immediately and was prepared when i first started taking calls.

management is fair with a good number of pros and cons.

Co-workers are a mixed bag. Some really enjoy the job and are happy to be employed. Others do not like the call center environment and really don't want to be there.

The hardest part is just typing and researching the correct information quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is fairly simple and you do genuinely help people on a daily basis.
Pros
Bonus structure, paid breaks, Flexible schedule, fair amount of paid time off and sick time, good air conditioning (important in Tucson AZ), pays better than most entery level jobs that only require a GED or high school diploma.
Cons
no/few raises, social media bonus structure is unfair, do not always deliver promised incentives, no bonus/rais for additional responsibilities.
Afni is Okay for you First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 21, 2016
If you want to get a start at the work force than Afni is the place for you. Though I wouldn't advise you to make a career there.
afni
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 21, 2016
My responsibilities were to answer calls and to fix whatever the customer needed help with. weather they were angry or not. i always made sure i fixed there problem and that i ended the call with a satisfied customer.
fun but not very much help in work place.
Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 15, 2016
In my typical day in class during my training at afni i would sit and stare at the computer why the instructor would go through what and how we are suppose to help the customer very fast and wouldn't explain things to you very well. they wanted you to do good but didn't want to help you very much when it came to helping a customer out while you were on the phone with them.
It's a job, not a dream
Web Chat Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2016
I enjoy my co workers and the actual job I do. It is not something I set my sights on when I decided what I wanted to do.

The way things work around there could be better, and the pay is very low.
Collector I (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 27, 2016
Not a bad place if management likes you and you don't have any outside of work responsibilities. Difficult to get schedules that work with you and child care needs. No pens or paper allowed in the collections departments.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
all staff members are very helpful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 24, 2016
I like this company they give me the opportunities to learn new things. All management and hr team is very helpful . I like to work there because all staff are very friendly and they support each other . We feel they are our family members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 23, 2016
Afni was a great place to work, multiple customers chatted in daily with various different attitudes, it depends on how that particular customer was feeling on the day chatting in to depend on how your chat would go. Some customers chatted in very excited while others were very upset. My job as a Customer Service chat representative was to deescalate the customer make sure their needs were met properly to make sure that they were getting the best service possible.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Good Job, Bad Management
Web Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801June 22, 2016
It was a fun job for the most part, however the management was terrible. Agents were always wrong even if it was something that was out of our control.
Great benefits with a fun environment
Call center and customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85718June 22, 2016
This was a fun job. Hard work but great environment. The company had raffles and benefits for sales.
Pros
Raffles and nice people
Afni, Inc review
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 21, 2016
Typical day at work would be receiving calls at an inbound call center for a telecom company. Handling the all needs of the customer re-guarding cable, internet, phone service, and Direct TV. What I Iearned was how to handle angry customers. Management was fair, co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job is when the customer was accidentally slighted (e.g. service mistakenly shut of, or tech's mistakenly cut fiber cable.) most enjoyable part of the job is a satisfied customer and camaraderie between fellow employees.
A fun work place with raffles and cookouts monthly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
There's a solid schedule and a diverse population of employees. There is Always work to do. A great work environment upbeat fast pace, management was always around to answer your questions. Training class we learned our skills to take to the production floor. The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with other employees.
Pros
The upbeat enviroment
Cons
Going home
Productive with great communication skills
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
I have learned the most important thing in a work day is efficiency and ability to work well with what you have. Co-workers can help each other and build the company with the right attitude. I enjoy having co-workers and I have always worked well with them. The hardest part about any job is knowing whats always next, any job comes with unexpected events and you have to be ready to solve any problems that come your way. The most enjoyable parts of a job our serving the customers and company greatly.

2.9