Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, CODecember 16, 2015
Working for AFNI was also a great jobs. The management did a great job training and letting us know what we could worik better on as a team and an individual. They really did care about both workers and the customer. Going to school full time and having a full time job and a family was very hard for me. So I had to make a decision between finishing school or working. And sadly I desided that I needed to finish schoool and quiet my job but it was one of the best jobs working at.
Pros
management, incentives. appriciation
Cons
not flexable hours
Loved it!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2015
I loved working at Afni! It was an easy job, sitting down at a desk chatting with customers all day. Hours vary on how good you are at your job because they do shift bids and your stats determine your order in line for the shift you want. They offer gift cards and other free items for meeting and exceeding your goals. They work hard to make sure you understand what your job requires and to make sure you know how to efficiently do your job as well. If you ever have a question or problem there are coaches that are there for you when you need them. There are many options to move up within the company. You also get up to 3 breaks depending on how long your shift is.
Pros
Gift cards, easy work
Cons
Sitting down all day
Overall Company
Web Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 2, 2015
Afni has its ups and downs as a company. Management can use some improvement. The job is very flexible though with great benefits.
Productive high pace environment with dailygoals
sales representative (Current Employee) –  E Escalante Rd, Tucson AZ 85730November 17, 2015
Great environment with up beat people, a bit focused on numbers and meeting goal daily. The best part of working there was meeting tons of great people and making friends that have the same goal as you. Afni is a growing company which means there's always people flowing in and out so job security is a bit of an issue, but over all a great experience to be able to grow, work as a team and gain knowledge on how to give great a Customer Service experience.
Pros
30min lunches, dental, health, and vision benifits.
Cons
up-selling even if it didn't apply in every situation, not acknowledged on what you did right but on what you could of done better.
Where do I start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 16, 2015
This first 8 weeks is great. Easy pay. Once you get on the phones, starting off it's great. However, once you start to be "held accountable" for the statistics they "track" it starts going downhill fast. You begin to realize that you are not graded on the quality of work but rather on the quantity of work. I was forced to resign after being 11 minutes short of the 96% adherence they expect despite the fact that I never once failed a customer satisfaction survey out of the 200+ I revived. The statistics they keeps track of from my experience has absolutely no correlation to what you're actually doing. I changed nothing about what I was doing day to day and would fluctuate constantly normally just below goals to bonus. I had no issue with the work I did. I only had issue with upper management (i.e. Operations managers and HR representatives)
Pros
Consistant work, reliable money
Cons
Quantity of work expectations, management failures and faulty time off system
You are just a number not a valued employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2015
Is a typical boring call center job. They do everything they can to make sure you do not get a bonus. I worked there for 4 years and i made what ayone who got hired yesterday made even though i had been there a long time. They do work somewhat with school schedule though (which was the only reason I stayed so long).
Pros
Can get off work easily
Cons
Pay is terrible and they treat bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 11, 2015
Great place to work, only if you know how to do your work and stay to your self it can get a little messy, but pool tables and wonderful activities.. I have learned that I love to present customer service and it the helps you with your typing skills.
Not bad if are looking for a job! Horrible if your looking for a career.
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 10, 2015
Will hire anyone who comes through the door for CCS or Collections. Simply past the drug test and don't have any felonies. The environment is not the greatest do to the management micro managing. They are so strict on policies that are put in place to help them babysit the employees. The time spent looking for cell phones, tracking break and someone being a few minutes late can actually be used to helped give more feedback. Once you don't perform well one month you get a verbal. You would think that this will create the need for you to get more development to help improve your performance, instead you get less or the same feedback. However there is plenty of time to be addressed for cell phones, breaks, dress-code, (no hooded jackets when it is freezing in the building and they refuse to turn on the heat) complete joke. If you miss a late night using sick,pto or fmla you have to make it up. The only way to move up is to become friends with your supervisor. Your not promoted on performance but more on friendships. Some positions are not posted internally or externally people are just given the job. Do to taking breaks with the supervisor or listening to their personal problems. (so much for equal opportunity) Tenure means nothing unless your in a management position. Be sure to apply for a position if your only interested in some fast cash. If looking for more this would not be the place for you.
productuive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2015
AFNI is a very productive job. Calls come in no longer then a 2 minute Que. You have to go through a months training but they do give you the atleast knowledge of your job. Coworkers are friendly and like to joke around being there half your day. Most calls are problem solving ones or easy coming sales.
Depends on the supervisor.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2015
The job has potential to move up depending on the supervisor you get. If you are lucky you will succeed and if you are not you can get pushed out of the company pretty quickly.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No time off and bathroom breaks are frowned upon to the point of write up.
fun place to work with extremely friendly staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  tucson, AZNovember 1, 2015
Afni was a great employer, with great benefits, great training programs and a fun work environment. however there is a lack of managerial consistency when it comes to company policy, the level at with Sensitive Personal Info is kept secure in between different supervisors, and a lack of consistency in the area of disciplinary actions.
Pros
flexible schedule, good benefits, good pay.
Cons
manager inconsistency
Don't work there
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2015
They will sell you the moon during training before you learn how the work is actually done. I felt like I was lied to and promised so much opportunity and was not appreciated for my hard work. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
the work and management
call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2015
It's your typical call center really, not too much to say about it. I didn't really like the job that much, I guess it's because I'm not one who enjoys working on the phones too often. Especially when some customers call in just to scream your head off and make your day more difficult then it has to be.
Pros
good pay good hours usually
Cons
rude customers
When you're desperate
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2015
You should only work here if you're desperate for a job. They hire anyone off the street. I saw someone in an interview in PAJAMAS. The management is OK, but not helpful at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Terrible coaching on the "chat" project
General obversation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 23, 2015
It is your typical call center with the standard rules across the board for customer service call center jobs. It allows you to connect with new and seasoned people that have recently joined the call center experience or have been in it for quite some time. Changes are made frequently due to the needs of the customer and client, but for the most part, we are updated generously to make sure we are well informed about new launches, materials, products, and services.
Pros
Nice bonus incentive for meeting and exceeding expections
Cons
More than the average metrics to meet
Entertaining
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 19, 2015
Some days busy some not. Develop great skills with customers and co workers. Sometimes work load could get very interesting but that's apart of a any work place
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Great place to work, Learned something new everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2015
It was a great place to work, I learned how to provide overall excellent costumer service. I learned how to use multiple systems at one time. Being able to quickly and efficiently handle calls and assist customers with various concerns including billing, payment, products, services, and recommend solution to concern by asking probing questions to determine root reason for the call
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Rude customers, Un-happy work place
too unstable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 15, 2015
This company has a high turnover rate. The hours would rotate too often and management was not on the same page. It is very stressful.
Productive fast paced
TNT Coach (Current Employee) –  Bloomington ILOctober 14, 2015
Productive and fast paced work environment
unorganized at times, ability to learn different systems and participate in several employee recognition events
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
training lacks for managment
AFNI
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 12, 2015
I did 1st, 3rd party collections and customer service for telecommunications companies. The job was enjoyable because of my co-workers and management was supportive. Hard core collections was not for me but AFNI was a good experience.
Pros
have resturants come in sell lunches
Cons
not the right job for me