Afni

Afni Employer Reviews

Fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 31, 2014
Its not a bad place to work. Yes you have to deal sometimes with irate customers. But most of the time it is a good environment. Coaches will work with you and help you try to get the best experience possible.
Even though I enhoyed it
CPC - Customer Service (Former Employee), Opelika, ALDecember 26, 2014
Pros: computer based and fun
Cons: the coaches and the managers are total dingbats with no sense of reality.
This was a sorry company to work for. I was there a year and the instant my family matters get in the way they look for a reason to get rid of you. Let me give you a little tid bit. You have disable people in the house and a single mom with a special kid don't do it man do NOT do it.
There is no real hard part to it, all you have to do is follow the info manager and be a kind hearted person towards the clients. What is hard is that the people if they do not like you or you make them angry per say, they fire you and then lie about what you did to keep you from getting your unemployment.
I would work there again if I was given the chance but I would have to see a change in the management first. They do nothing but make you feel useless if you actually have a family to take care of. As for the advancement. Sure if you kiss their bums and do what they want you to do. I am a college graduate and never got the chance to become anything above a CPC agent and when they got rid of that they found a false reason to fire me.
Inbound call center..
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: very accepting environment and good diverse culture
Cons: low pay starting out as an agent
Whats more to say other than the hustle and bustle of a call center, is what it is. There are diverse people, managers and the turnover rate is tremendous, however the opportunity for advancement almost ultimately depends on the agents productivity and presence itself..
There are leaders, followers, comprised from all walks of life there.
It is by far one of the best places culturally I have ever had the pleasure of being immersed in/employed by. The people in management, most I should say have come up in their company as agents, and with/by their own merit became POD leaders, coaches and or Operations managers. This is a great company for your resume, an entry level. introduction into office work and clerical administrtative work for any entreprenuer in this field type.

However the start out pay as an agent at 9.00 non negoitable is less than to be desired in todays economy, as long as the pursuing candidate can soar passed this based on merit and attendance, the possibilities are endless.
Not the worst job in the world, but close to it.
WebChat Sales Agent (Former Employee), Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2014
Pros: ehh, good job for fresh high school grads.
Cons: not good for adults who need to make a living or who are easily stressed.
Afni is a decent job with good pay for those straight out of high school. However, if you are an adult trying to make an actual living, it's not that great. The pay is the least of your worries if you apply and get hired (and you WILL get hired. They hire EVERYONE they interview- not a good thing). If you do not fit in, you will not last long. Some coaches (supervisors) are good to be under because they actually try to work with you and help you reach your goals (which aren't too hard to reach if you are a good salesperson). But for every good coach, there are 2 bad ones that are only worried about their bonuses. If you are not hitting your goals, then you will be out the door in three months or less.

Now, let's talk about the policies of Afni. There is a double standard. A severe double standard. Agents are not allowed to use their cell phones on the floor. Totally understandable because customers' information needs to be protected. Cell phones have cameras, and agents have taken pictures of their monitors before. Dumb, I know. But like I said, they will hire ANYONE. However, coaches are allowed to use their cell phones on the floor. They have the same access the agents do. But, are no where near as monitored or tracked. They are just auto-trusted. Which is bad. I've witnessed a coach breaking policy rules, reported it, and nothing was done.

So if you are down for mega high-stress, love being extremely bored and interacting repetitively with customers on a daily basis then this may be the job for you. Also, keep in mind, if you don't fit into any cliques, you won't last long. Better kiss up so you will last long enough to pay some bills!

Good luck on your search and I hope I've steered you away from Afni, which is NOT a good place to work!

PS. You start out at $8/hr, and the pay cap is $8.50/hr. It can take you no less than 1 year to get a $0.50 raise. Not worth it!
Loved it
Resource manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good bonus chances
I loved this job, benefits were great, they worked with changes in your life
sales
Sales Coach Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2014
sales and coach to tips to assoc the training the csr how sales product assit client ,qlyfy call quality depart
Productive and flexible place to work
Customer service Rep (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILDecember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay wage
Afni is a great place to work if you need flexibility with your work schedule.
Great place for meeting people
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 25, 2014
Great Place to work, flex days and no worries about never having anything to do.
Demanding, professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: we always had something fun going on. the bbqs were delicious!
Cons: the phone calls can get tiring and stressful.
The hardest part of the job is never knowing the kind of customer you are going to be speaking with. You must learn how to handle many different kinds of personalities and situations. While I worked there, I handled a lot of emotionally draining situations just because of what the customers were going through to cause such need for changes to accounts.
Though some phone calls can be tiresome and stressful there is always the customers that are just so up beat and positive that make the day easier. I always loved helping those customers that really appreciated everything that I was able to do for them, even if I could not resolve their concern for calling that day.
The management and team members that I had the pleasure of working with always helped to make the days as easy going as possible. We always had something fun or delicious going on. From dress up days, to contests, BBQs, cake, etc.
LLLOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD IIIITTTTT
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Opelika, ALNovember 11, 2014
Pros: everything just awesome!
Cons: i am not there any more :(
I loved working at Afni, it was an great experience, the OMs and coaches were loveable and they loved to do their jobs. I never had one problem with the employees or employers there. We had lots of fun there, they made sure that you were entertained as you work, played the Alabama/Auburn game, played music and gave away prizes it was a joy to be there, if I did not move, I would still work there
Productive and Fun work enviroment
Tnt Coach (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2014
They work well with you scheduled and will give you the training and support to grow a career or do the best with the position you already have.
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2014
Pros: monthl bonus based on performance
Cons: n/a
I had a great experience working for this company cause they where flexible with the time or schedules needed for school
great place to get your feet wet and gain vaulable skills and help you grow.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: very flexable with paid time off given biweekly.
Cons: there are alot of office politics.
I found Afni to be open to people and helping them learn and grow as not only a person but also as a sales person and gain great skills with different computer progams and software as well. I did find the training to be helpful in gaining some knowledge however I still felt lost once I was on the sales floor. I was able to gain great help from my coach Andrew C. who was a great mentor and leader.
Predictible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 6, 2014
Job was pretty simple but boring after a few days. Position was answering customer service calls for a cell phone company.
boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), bowling green kyNovember 5, 2014
Not a clean environment to wrk in stict rules, bad supervisioin
Bad company
SALESC / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Tucson AZNovember 2, 2014
Pros: none at all
Cons: to much
Your Daily Day at AFNI Universal Sales which is also know for FIOS/DIRECT TV is taking calls like Crazy. Every day you go in you will get at lease 1 or more angry customers. you will also get cussed out and be called every bad word possible. And when it turns into a sup Call your sup will do anything to avoid talk with the angry customer. I worked with AFNI for 1 year and 5 months and had 3 different coaches while I was working there and they all avoided sup call with a passion. you will have to go from your pod to your coaches pod back and forth at lease 6 times before they will take the call because they tell you to try lots of tactics to make the customer calm down but it just make the customer more mad. sup will always give you attitude for not deescalating the call. If you work full time you will work on every weekends and holidays and AFNI will own you because your always at AFNI never have time to spend with family/ friends. Its a really stressful job. I was in a class of 15 people all of them quit or got fired. people come and go every month its not a secure job at all they fire you or escalate you for everything. coaches do listen to your calls every month and they always have something bad to say or escalate you even if you are the top seller on the team and making crazy bonus. LOTS of the customers are also impatient because the systems are slow then they scream at you because everything is your fault. You will also get attitude when talking to different departments like tech, disconnect, financial services, welcome center ETC. Lots of times departments transfer the – more... call to you with out letting customers know. then departments tell customers false formation like for example you have 3mbps for your internet we can get you over to sales and they can get you 15mbps. then customer gets over and is like they transferred me to you because they said I can get a faster speed I believe they said 15mbps. then looking at the system and system says customer has the max speed of 3mbps there is NO FASTER SPPED AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER. Then customer turns irate because they think your not telling the truth to them that there is no faster speed only 3mbps or slower. (AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS COMAPNY THAT YOULL BE WORKING FOR HAS SLOW INTERNET SPEEDS THEY DO NOT ALL DEPENDS ON THE CUSTOMER LOCATION MAX SPEED I SEEN WAS 500MBPS). then they want some type of compensation for being on the call for so long and being lied to by different departments. then if you deny them the compensation it turns into a sup call. Trust me you will be going into AFNI with a positive attitude because you just got a job but then once you get out onto the call floor taking those calls your attitude will change in a bad way. then once you leave AFNI you will feel so happy and free and not depressed. And if you wants to know how much calls you think you will get at the end of the month on the call floor about 1000 calls a month. ( YES ONE THOUSAND CALLS) GOOD LUCK REALLY YOULL NEED IT. This is only about 50 % of stuff that's bad about AFNI you'll see and do the rest when you get hired. – less
Productive organization with opportunites for advancement
customer service representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work is very challenging none the less it was very interesting. I learned to be patient with customers. Management and co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job would be to keep calm and remain professional when the customers are upset about their account.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK and even take anyone you care to.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: there are no pros
They do not care about people. If you leave the company they will not give you any information. Do not even try to get in touch with anyone because you can't. They have expectations that are ridiculous.
typical day
Assistant Supervisor/CSR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: pay
A typial day at Afni inbound calls for Verizon Fios will come in and its your job to build that report with clients or adhere to there needs as far as billing goes.
fun and boring all in the same breath
Project Coach (Current Employee), Opelika, AlOctober 9, 2014
Pros: laid back, freedom to make your own decsisions
Cons: can be boring, and rules and policies are not adhered to consitently
I enjoy my job at Afni. I enjoy my co workers, and helping my agents grow and succeed into well rounding agents. Overall Afni is a great place to work, but there are a few glaring issues, but most of them are Afni created.

The rules Afni only pertain to certain individuals and not to others. Afni has a high turn over rate and as a result management is concerned about Attrition. There are many great agents who do well and play by the rules, and there are a few individuals who do not. When it comes time to terminate these rotten apples. Often times you are unable to terminate them because, "Attrition is too high right now." These causes agents and supervisors alike to lose respect for company policies and gives the impression to others that rules do not matter causing more problems. If rules were more strongly enforced on a more consistent basis, this problem would be taken care of. Im not upset at my managers at the center I work at, as I realize this isnt there decision, but being pushed on them from up the ladder, but rules and policies without enforcement and follow through are just words on paper.

I say Afni is boring because the job is very repetitive and at times monotonous. Your agents get on chats and answer the same questions 100 of times a day for 8 or 10 hours. You as their supervisor will answer their same questions as well, and at times it can feel like your are just spinning your wheels, not going anywhere. Sometimes you will have to endure working with individuals who have learning disabilities and are unable to retain information. This can drive you up a wall. – more... During the slow months, It can seem like your shift will never end, and you will be begging for customers to call and/or chat in. Just so you have something to do!

Overall Afni truly is a great place to work. As long as you come to work do your job and stay away from the office politics, (There is plenty of that!) you'll be fine. The atmosphere is very laid back. For the most part management is very supportive of your decisions, and you as a supervisor, can make your own decisions (within reason.) It's a good place to start out and grow your career. – less

About Afni

Afni helps companies develop meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. With contact centers in Alabama, Arizona, – Read more