Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2015
Pros: bonusing
Cons: managers are horibble at helping
I go into work and take calls for Verizon Wireless customers and go over there bills and help them pay there bills. Also I would transfer phone numbers from one Verizon account to another Verizon account. I learned how to talk to customers and read bills and have better typing skills. The management there was not good there were some supervisors that would help you and others wouldn't. The hardest part about working at afni is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part about working there is being able to have team meeting and get food if we meet our goals.
flexible schedule & fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Bowling Green KyJuly 14, 2015
fun and if you have the ability to sit and talk on the phones for 8-10 hours than this is the perfect job for you ! flexible schedules and great benefits
Ridiculous Management
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Chat Consultant (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Schedule flexibility
Cons: management
You go in as an online chat consultant, either in sales, or general customer service for their client, Verizon Wireless, who's customers are 99.99% illiterate and ignorant, and not to mention obnoxiously rude all day long, and I'm not saying that to bash their customers, I'm simply stating the truth and their management knows this as well. Trying to maintain your achievement scores with these people is a severely unforgiving task. You are constantly belittled on your performance if you aren't hitting their astronomical 9.5% score requirements which is very difficult to achieve due to that customers will leave you bad scores and remarks on your surveys for the slightest things (i.e. they aren't eligible to upgrade their phone and you can't get them a new phone, or they broke their phone and didn't have insurance, they feel their bill is too high for service they agreed to sign up for, or any personal BS going on in their lives such as a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife cheated on one or the other and they broke up or got divorced and left the other with the phone expense, or one of Verizon's ignorant in-store agents told a lie to make a sale).

The management will twist your words on things you say to a customer when you are trying to help a customer resolve an issue and make it sound like and subjectively accuse you by whatever chosen interpretation they wish to use that you were "mistreating" the customer, or being condescending.... this is especially true if you have issues building rapport with customers and are borderline on your overall scores, and they start – more... looking for reasons to fire you. Also once they do fire you, don't expect unemployment because they will tell you on your way out that they do not pay unemployment.

Their training severely lacks sufficient time, practice, and knowledge that you will need to accommodate your customers with the best service possible. You can be a great agent with good customer service relations skills but only if you know completely everything there is to know before being thrown out on the floor and their upfront training does not provide this. They will tell you to "use your resources" when you need answers to questions for their customers, however their "resources" rarely contain good information that is understandable, or does not have the information at all, or only provides a general guideline for issues, but not really suggestive of what needs to be told to the customers.

Co-workers I had while working there have all expressed the same sentiments, even some of their coaches. I don't recommend this place at all. Their computers are old, outdated, and very slow and do not work efficiently (sometimes not at all) as they need to in order to keep up with the amount of multitasking that is required to assist customers and you will find yourself rather having a drill bit drove in your skull some days rather than work with their ridiculous equipment. AVOID AFNI !!!!! – less
Hard Work, Great reward
Lead Account sales Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 12, 2015
Pros: get hands on experiance
Cons: long hours
Wonderful place to work hard to recive great reward, Always someone to give advice on how to be a better emoloyee, to grow in the company
It's a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Evans, COJuly 11, 2015
Afni is your typical call center job. Quickly promoted management who aren't exactly familiar with the job itself, let alone what they're required to do to motivate and encourage their employees to strive for their best. It's a great environment for a college student to work in while attending classes.
Awesome Place, Crazy Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Vacation
Cons: Stressful, Non-guaranteed schedule
This job provides excellent benefits, competitive pay, vacation, and many other wonderful perks. You get a raise once a year based on your performance, and you get opportunities to advance and be recognized. I really didn't spend much time with management since this job doesn't really have managers on the floor. Instead they have coaches, whom are available at all times, and if your coach is absent for the day/week, other coaches are there to assist you in anyway.

With all these great things, there are some bad things. The co-workers are very dramatic, inappropriate, and like to gossip A LOT. Just be cordial. Also, as this being a customer service job, some of the customers aren't very nice or they may hold you up from other customers.
Productive work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2015
answering phones. learned how to read bills and explain charges. the hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers.
Fun, fast paced environment
Chat Specialist (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Co workers, room for advancement to anyone
Cons: Management
At AFNI, you can either be on the chat or the call side of the floor. On chat, you take 3 web chats at a time and assist customers with their questions, technical support and log in information. Taking 3 chats at a time can be difficult, especially when you cannot tell the customers that you are on other chats, and need to assist all 3 in a timely manner. The people that work there are great!
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Alright money
Cons: Stressful
I did not enjoy my time at AFNI. The training was not very good and did not really prepare me for taking actual calls. Management was not very good. Everything was usually pretty chaotic.
Job requirements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work consist of assisting members with purchasing tobacco and other products that they need. We have a lot of business members that come and purchase a variety of items for their business.
Do not work here
Mentor/Coach (Former Employee), TucsonJune 29, 2015
Pros: got paid
Cons: every day seemed like it was taking more of your soul
Afni was one of the worst placed that i've ever worked at. They dont know talent when it right in front of them. Very incompetent workers
AFNI is a third party Call Center
Workforce Supervisor/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 28, 2015
Afni is a third party call center in which the management did not provide any support, the benefits were minimal. The company culture is one of you get promoted based on who you know and not what you know
Fun and secure work place
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast, and lunch on special occasions, great benefits, and help pay for school
Cons: It is hard to get mornin schedules
Afni is a great, they provide good benefits, 401K and match, paid holidays, paid time off, sick time. The supervisors are great and really get to know the team members. They make sure you have all material needed for the job, and get any issues addressed when they are brought up to their attention.
Afni is a great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Opelika AlabamaJune 21, 2015
Afni has become my home away from home. My co workers are like my second family. Management is great and they will work with you if they need to regarding schedules.I have learned many different procedures for closing sales and great customer service skills! The hardest part of the job would be when people chat in just playing around that can be frustrating. The best part of the job is feeling accomplished when you meet all of your goals.
AFNI Social Media
Social Media Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
Cons: Everything else
Afni does not promote from within unless you know someone in a leadership position. The project I currently work on has hired every coach from outside the project instead of promoting from within as promised at the beginning. The coaches do not know how to use the systems that we use and are unable to assist us with every day coach tasks. The morale of the entire project has gone down so far that no one wants to be there.
Fun workplace and super Laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: Laid back Easy going Enviroment
Cons: No Cons
I loved working here. It was my first real job and everyone was really laid back and chill. They made sure you were doing ok and were happy to help out if you had any issues with computers or anything. They let you take as many breaks as you needed and as long as you did your work and were on time. they were ok with you.
Work there while you try to find another job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), AlabamaJune 17, 2015
This is a sweat shop. A legal sweat shop. There's a reason turnover is so high. Everyday that I would come in one or more people would have just up and quit.
work place could be quiet fun when all the systems are working correctly but overwelming when they aren't.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 15, 2015
Afni gave several incentives for sales but almost all of the really good ones seem to go to supervisors instead of the reps responsible for making the sales.
learned an abundance of customer service specialist skills at this job.
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Very easy to get the job.
Cons: none
a typical day at work consited of coming in answering calls and keeping up with schedule adherence and average calls per hour.
fun environment
Web Chat Agent (Former Employee), Evans, CoJune 15, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks with a 30 minute lunch
Cons: customers
While working with afni before they closed the building, the environment was very fun to work in. Everyone that worked there were very friendly and very fun to be around. My boss was very open with us and made sure that we where doing our job correctly. The hardest part of the job was making sure our customers where satisfied with our customer service.
Headquarters