Afni

Afni United States Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Customer Service representative (Current Employee), TucsonMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits and some coaches
answer calls and provide customer service over the phone. Takes a lot of patients in call centers and working with irate customers.
good place
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee), tucson azMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long shifts
they are flexible with your schedule and the benefits are excellent. the coaches are amazing. The customer calls are about the worst part. the company itself if great however.
Really good work environtment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hot dog truck outside, online training, incentives
Cons: short breaks, not enough support, not enough accomodation
Making sure to review any alerts before clocking in that could have an impact on customer account
Preparing for your calls by staying very organized
Management was very understanding when trauma happens in life and they are very informative and at tentative to their employees
Co-workers were very sweet and very easy to get along with
The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out very complicated complex calls in a short amount of time with little support
The most enjoyable part was working as a team with co-workers to help each other problem solve and also to really have a satisfied customer by the end of my call
Sales side
Webchat Sales (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 11, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: high turn over rate.
A great place to work, but it not for everyone. I recommend you getting a job at the store instead of Afni. Webcaht sales can be difficult so if you have what it takes do for it but it is not for everyone.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Phenix City, AlMarch 10, 2015
It is a fun laid back place to work. You meet new people and get to enjoy yourself. You also have the opportunity to advance within the company
Company with great history of achieving/exceeding customer expectation
Employee (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 7, 2015
Outsource company with a great history of achieving/exceeding customer expectations. Talented workforce with the ability to achieve results at a low cost to customer.
Online Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun environment, online-based work
Afni is, primarily, an online chat center. I worked here for several years, doing both sales and general customer service. The sales team does offer bonuses as well for those that exceed minimum requirements. I liked that the environment was very up-beat. Since it was online work, we'd have "power-hour" with music and prizes would be given out. Or you could bring a non-camera music device (cell phone not allowed) and listen to whatever you wanted as you worked, so long as you remained on task. Similar to a regular call-center job, the work can be a little fast-paced as you're handling many chats at once but for those that do not want to talk on the phone but want to gain customer service experience, I would highly recommend this job. Additionally what I liked was that every six months, a performance review was made and based on your progress, you were almost guaranteed a pay-raise. New positions were also frequently posted so you weren't stuck in the same position if you wanted to switch departments or move up the ladder.
Fast paced
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 4, 2015
Pros: paid time off, discount
Cons: schedule
Helping Verizon Wireless customer navigate while they viewed their account online and made purchases or had questions about products.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
Meet new people and interesting people, and your always busy so your never bored. You learn great customer service skills
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), opelika alaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: promotions
I love my job I enjoy helping people in need I love the promotions in which you can get and the management is well organized. I have received 2 raises since I have been employed at Afni. I would recommend this company to any one in which would like to be employed at this company, If I decide to leave I am sure with my accomplishments I can become employed again
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Good place to work due to job stability, good health benefits, as well as an amazing training program with coaches and mentors who want to see you succeed.
Energized environment
Sales/Tech Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: commission/overtime
Cons: n/a
New challenges, competitions, & center events weekly. Being able to diagnose services/equipment over the phone, communicating w/ customers was a great experience.
Productive Fun Workplace With Ping Pong Table
Online Live Chat Login and Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Evans, COFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: amazing staff. benefits are awesome.
Cons: facility is moving everyone to work at home. systems don't operate properly.
A typical day consisted of getting customers registered for online accounts, assisting customers with password resets and plan changes. Also made changed to cell phone plans.
Fun and productive work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: scheduled breaks, positive work environment.
Cons: health care cost was too high
Loved being able to help customers with issues relating to their Verizon home services. Many days were so fast paced that the days just flew by. Management made sure all employees understood benefits and new products.
it is a grind
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: there are so many great people that work here
Cons: short breaks and rude customers
your day at afni once you have finished training is a grind, learn to deal with a**holes on the phone quickly or you are not going to last.
Unfavorable workplace, training does not prepare new workers, inconsistent and abrasive management staff
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good health benefits, reasonably high wage
Cons: training does not prepare workers, unreasonably high expectations, abrasive management, high turn around
Training does not prepare the employee for the expectations of the "call floor"(after training, full time work area).

Numbers and goals required to be met by employees are unreasonably difficult causing ridiculously high turn around.

Different levels of management do not communicate company needs and standards in a consistent manner. The majority of the members of management consistently practice abrasive behavior. This leaves employees in a position where they are doing what they are told by one manager and be scolded by the other. It is VERY unfavorable for the workplace due to lowered moral and low productivity.

Health and compensation benefits are above minimum wage and the insurance provided by the company is affordable and covers a lot of needs for employees and their families.
Very diversified!
Instructor I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed training. It brought great pleasure to see individuals become successful!
my sup & department were great
SUPERVISOR JUDY SMITH (Former Employee), tucsonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: you could work differnt projects
Cons: too far & low pay
they tried to keep it a fun place to work, company went to 24/7 shifts and contracts would change with no notice
Afni, Inc.
Project/TnT Coach (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJanuary 22, 2015
This is ann amazing place to work, especially if you are interested in Customer Service. You get developed by your leaders/trainers, and you are constantly being acknowledged for you achievements.
A hectic, fast pace work place with time controlled breaks and lunch.
Customer Service Rep, (Former Employee), Tuscon, ArizonaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: breaks and phone calls timed to the second, counseling if too long.
1. My normal work day at AFNI consisted of answering incoming calls that normally consisted of customers who had problems with their existing Verizon services or with Direct T.V. that could be part of the services we offered. I would either add or subtract t.v. channels, packages or special offers to existing services or to new customers.
I would also fix problems by listening to the customers describe the situation and then transfer them to the service rep office that could fix the problem.
2. I improved my customer service abilities to a finer edge than what it had been. I have been doing customer service for years and this was even harder due to the customers who had problems were (unfortunately) in a irritable mood. However I was able to calm most of them down and either help them myself or find the right person or department that could.
3. Management was a group of knowledgeable and nice people that I enjoyed working for and with. I just wish they had more supervisors.
4. My co-workers were hard working and they were willing to help you if you had a question.
5. The thing I disliked the most about the job was your breaks were scheduled precisely and it was frowned on if you took your breaks early or later. Also it was assumed that after training that didn't contain all that you needed to know you were expected to need no help from your immediate supervisor and if you did and you sent them an e-mail for that help it would sometimes take one half hour to an hour before you would get it and the whole time you were on the phone with that customer waiting for them to help. Which made the customer all the more irrate.
6. I enjoyed talking to the customer and earning the satisfaction of a happy customer when I hung up the phone

About Afni

Afni helps companies develop meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. With contact centers in Alabama, Arizona, – Read more

Afni Salaries