Afni Employee Reviews

Average Job With High Stress
Mentor/Trainer/Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 17, 2017
Many days were stressful in the customer service aspect. It wasn't bad. I advanced but cutbacks stepped me down again. I was let go for a medical issue out of my control which seemed wrong in my opinion as it did not affect my work.
Good people
Phone Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2017
The only reason I went to work at this place was because of my peers. They were some of the best people I've ever met. It was fun and we always had something to talk about
The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job is that you have to deal with different types of people from all over the world yet I love talking to people all day long it does get frustrating for the both of you and the customer because you can't understand each other.
Pros
talking
Cons
communication issues
Amazing job with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2017
This is such a great place and has amazing mentors. This job has amazing benefits and pays well, you have a lot of support and have lots of learning opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Great pay
Cons
Stressful
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 9, 2017
Afni is a good place to start working at, however if you have not advanced in a year it is time to move on. Your schedule is picked for you based on your performance. Once you are moved to production help is limited unless you have a team leader that cares.
Productive and Learning
Call Center Rep Helpdesk Analyst Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 8, 2017
Busy days continued technical support data entry traveling from site to site if assigned to support remotely and physically. There was nothing hard this was all about learning and advancing.
Pros
Lunches and dinners when offered were Great
Cons
no female management
very stressfull
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 6, 2017
good at first. after training once you're in productions supervisors are not very helpful. was told once to confrence call 2 siblings that were fighting w/out letting them know and "let them go at it". easy to get bonus in training but after it i rare. any line disconnecting counts against you even deaths.
Pros
bonus/pay/benefits
Cons
stress/support lacking
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 5, 2017
Afni was a very enjoyable place to work. Along with the employees, the supervisors made working there very fun. I loved going to work everyday. From games, music, to giveaways, everyday was enjoyable.
My first customer service job!
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 5, 2017
For being my first CSR position I did enjoy working at Afni, the pay was really bad and management had a napoleon complex. The center didn't have a bee hive mentality at first...But then it did so I left. But great experience overall.
Pros
the people
Cons
pay, management
Fun Atmosphere
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 4, 2017
Depending on what department you work in, a day's work consist of enhancing each call to full satisfactory. The workplace culture relaxed. Not a hard job.
Pros
Convenient shifts
Cons
"Hot Seating"
Pretty Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2017
I was one of the few people that stayed with this job for a while. It takes a special personality type to do this kind of position cause the customers are generally irate and things change so quickly on the job it's hard to do your work efficiently. I stayed because I liked the flexibility and the pay was pretty good with the bonuses.
Pros
Flexiblie hours with pretty goo d pay
Cons
Constant changing environment adds to stress
Productive hostile workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 3, 2017
Working at Afni has taught me multiple things but the workplace changed over time which made the environment very hostile to work and enjoy working with other people.
Cons
Short luch break and very hard to receive bonuses
Fast Paced and Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2017
The call center is no longer in Peoria. Very strict environment. Hard to reach goals that changed constantly. Because of this, the job was very stressful.
Pros
Some bonuses, good benefits
Cons
Requirements constantly change so hard to reach goals, stressful environment, was a customer service job but in reality was a sales job
OK place to work if you are just getting started in job force
Subrogation Specialist III, Uninsured Motorist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 2, 2017
Busy work days coupled with stressful times trying to hit unrealistic goals that are put in place. Work/family balance is based upon your manager and how well you are liked by management, I had no issues.
Pros
bonus opportunity
Cons
advancement opportunities are not possible with out a college degree
Very great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2017
It was a really great experience and i actually applied again after taking a break after having my son. They do have a pretty set schedule that you dont really have a choice in but they pay great and have excellent training before sending you onto the floor. the managers are great and always there to work with you even if they are not part of your team. They have lots of resources for people such as getting to and from work, benefits, and job training. They also usually hire from within for upper positions.
The management didn't know what they were doing
Chat Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, COApril 27, 2017
The management ran the Evans office to the ground, had to shut down. I was able to increase my typing speed working there. The hardest part of the job is the constant belittling you had to put up with from the customers.
Great
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 26, 2017
I had a great time working at Afni. The pay was good. My co workers and trainers were very helpful. Benefits were good. Last but I loved being on the phone helping customers
Very demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 26, 2017
When I worked for Afni, Inc. it was primarily an incoming call center for Verizon Wireless. Every 3 months the schedule changed and that was something I could never get used to. It was supposed to based on seniority, but it was more on attendance and performance. The customers were often irritated and hard to work with.
Pros
Good benefits and decent salary
Cons
If you were scheduled to be on the phone you could not be off the phone for any reason
Low end call center
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2017
Afni is what everyone hates about call centers. Bad management that doesnt care about anything, bad computers that constantly freeze, an little to no hope of getting free.
High Expectations, Zero Support
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evans, COApril 23, 2017
Salaried employees were expected to work their full shift, then to work another full shift at home. 80 hour work weeks with little to no benefit burns you out very quickly. Bonuses were a joke, even if your team was exemplary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9