Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

Boring but really easy!
Customer Service Representative. (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 11, 2014
Being a customer service rep with afni is a really easy job and does not tax the body in anyway. I also had really good medical benefits when I worked there.

The bad is that even with perverted calls you aren't allowed to just hang up. Training is 3 weeks and so long as your insight you get good help when you first start tackling calls on your own.

After that you are ON YOUR OWN. You get very little direct help. And in my short amount of time there I had 4 different supervisors. The extras hourly bonuses you can make are extremely difficult to actually fully get.

Its also a VERY boring job. There are times you sit for hours without calls. And while some can be really great and you feel like you really helped a lot of the calls are tedious and pretty accusatory (you stole my minutes was often heard). And to often they had gotten bad service and took it out on you.

They are nice and polite people to work for and the work itself is not at all difficult. But if you're looking for a challenge this is NOT for you.
Pros
easy work
Love the Customers
Customer Care/ Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 21, 2015
Solving customers problems and interacting with co-workers were the best part of this job. There were some coaches that really wanted to see you succeed, others it was all about the numbers.
If you want to work every single weekend then this is the perfect job for you. If you are looking for an unstable company then this is the place for you. Highest turn over rate of any company I have ever seen. They say they don't fire anyone and the time I was employed it was true, and that is only because they don't have a chance to fire anyone because people quit. I had laryngitis and I couldn't even talk and the first day I text supervisor and my husband called I got written up and the second day I went in and was sent home but I got written up. I was told customers will hang up on you because they won't even be able to hear you and then you will fail your surveys.
No matter how difficult the customers were I loved my customers. I finally resigned.
Pros
Customers and Co-Workers
Cons
You are nothing more then a number
A Great Place of Torture
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 8, 2013
Afni is a BIG joke! This job is for someone that does not have any major/real bills. Their slogan "a great place to work" is a lie. That place is more like a great place of torture. I hate Afni. When I first started in 2010, it was awesome. It wasn't hard making sales, quotas were met, etc.. 3 years later the place went haywire. Afni does not care about family or issues with their no fault policy. They constantly change the rules and regulations so you never know what's going on. The upper management knows nothing! Asking them a question about a chat is like talking to rocks. Then they will get upset about a survey that you received. I feel they illegally cut our pay to go to commission. When I first started Afni I was making $9/hr they later moved me from $9.59 to $8.38. The only thing I took from Afni were the great friends I made. I could go on and on about how horrible the place is. But I'll end on this note, unless you want an experience of hell on Earth don't take ya a*s to Afni!
Pros
lifetime friends made.
Cons
everything
The best place i have ever worked!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2012
A typical day would consist of answering customer calls, opening accounts and helping them to the best of my ability. Making sure they were helped and problems were solved with their first call about the issue. I learned patience and empathy from this job, along with being able to focus on more than one task at the same time. Management was great, they were helpful, friendly and gave you as much as you gave them. The hardest part of the job for me was that it was the first time in a call center environment and having to work with a customer over the phone and not face to face was actually harder than i thought it would be. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. Friendly co-workers, coach's and the over all environment helped relieve all the stress and helped keep a smile on your face. There was never a dual moment.
Pros
they worked with you, when making their schedules, the incentives were awesome, and the overtime offered was amazing.
Cons
the overtime was addicting
Afni has been a great place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 30, 2015
I was trained at this job in a extensive training program that taught me everything that I needed to know to be able to do my job successfully.The trainer was friendly and kind hearted, not to mention well versed in the work that we would be doing as he had moved up in the company from the position I would be at to the trainer that he was at the time.
Co-workers could sometimes be distracting & favorited by the supervisors, but majority of the people that I worked with were good people & worked hard at what we all did.
The most difficult part of my job was dealing with the constant rule/policy changing that we have been going through over the last few months. This has made the job hard to deal with & has drawn away from the original concept of the job & being able to be trained constantly to move forward & up in the company.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, great incentives to keep employees interested in making sales, up beat work environment, and good people.
Cons
Rule/policy changes too often.
Productive and fun environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 3, 2012
A typical work day at Afni was usually fun. I would go to my desk and log into my various programs, put on my head set and wait on calls to come in. I verified that I was talking to the person who owed the debt. I had a script to follow to ensure I was doing my best to collect what was owed if not all, then some of the debt that was owed.
The management team was excellent. They kept me motivated to do my best at getting payments. They were always encouraging and helpful at any given time they were needed.
My co-workers were very productive and we kept each other challenged by making it a competiton getting payments.
The hardest part of my job was to get payments by check because so many people use credit and debt cards.
The most enjoyable part of my job as a collector was to hear the joy in peoples voices when I was able to come up with a solution for the company to get a payment and the customer could receive their service.
Pros
motivating, challenging, encouraging
Cons
hard to get full-time postion
fast past productive workplace
Online Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be to log into your computer and immediately start chatting with customers. I learned how to properly sell products and service, and how to communicate with customers in a professional manner. I also learned how to multi- task between chats and research to effectively assist customers in a timely state. My co-workers were a big help as well, whenever I needed to verify some information I could just ask the people around me. We all worked together as a team. The hardest part of working at afni was scheduling, you really had to be dedicated to work there, meaning your agenda needed to be empty at all times. The most enjoyable part of working there was assisting the customers and assisting them with their issues. There was nothing better than getting off of a chat with a customer and checking their experience survey only to see that they were completely satisfied with service.
Pros
healthcare, pay, and benefits.
Cons
short breaks, not a steady job
Where do I start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 16, 2015
This first 8 weeks is great. Easy pay. Once you get on the phones, starting off it's great. However, once you start to be "held accountable" for the statistics they "track" it starts going downhill fast. You begin to realize that you are not graded on the quality of work but rather on the quantity of work. I was forced to resign after being 11 minutes short of the 96% adherence they expect despite the fact that I never once failed a customer satisfaction survey out of the 200+ I revived. The statistics they keeps track of from my experience has absolutely no correlation to what you're actually doing. I changed nothing about what I was doing day to day and would fluctuate constantly normally just below goals to bonus. I had no issue with the work I did. I only had issue with upper management (i.e. Operations managers and HR representatives)
Pros
Consistant work, reliable money
Cons
Quantity of work expectations, management failures and faulty time off system
Sales Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 15, 2012
Afni is a good place to work if you are going to school. They work around your school schedule. A typical day at Afni involves coming to work signing into your computer checking emails and doing your job.Your job is to sale phones accessories and new line of services. You are chatting in a chat environment with 3 people at the same time. This task can be very tedious. You are suppose to get so many sales a day and that is hard to do with their out of date computers and horrible sales process. Management is awful in there. That place has a high turnover rate. There is no job security there. Things change constanly there and your held accountable for changes that your were not notified about. Co workers are great and make the day go by. The hardest part of the job was dealing with in experienced mangers and seniors mangagers that do not know if they are coming or going. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out to go home.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low paying job
An Okay Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 2, 2013
Working at afni was wonderful for the first few months. After that it was totally hell. The management had favorites and let certain people get away with more and to be completely honest it was unfair to the other employees. Also with benefits I was actually paying for the full benefits medical-dental-life- ect and when I would use it at the doctors they told me I did not have insurance- the amount that I was paying for me and my spouse's insurance was close to 300.00 per month that I never received. Once I confronted them about this all they did was tell me it shows in there system that I do have insurance did not offer anything but to cancel my benefits. Afni does work with school schedules which I think is great especially it being a college town- Bloomington. Another thing that I did not like after my 1st monthly review to see if I get a raise they messed up and did not give me my full raise amount and 3 months later they informed me of that.
Web Chat Customer Service Representative
Webchat Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 13, 2014
A typical day at AFNI would be that I would log on to my computer and start taking web chat contact us customer service chats from customers that are using Verizon products or have questions about their bill, etc... I am there to assist them the best way possible without transferring them to speak with someone live. I have learned a lot with this job and it is very challenging and I loved it because you are constantly busy at all times and challenged. The management was awesome! My co-workers were very helpful if we had any questions, we always showed teamwork. The hardest part of the job is learning all the information and understanding it to the fullest extent. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the information to the fullest extent to help the customer and having the surveys at the end of each chat telling you how much of an awesome job you have been for helping them.
Pros
great training
Cons
surveys
DON'T EVEN BOTHER APPLYING
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 16, 2014
This is the absolute worst place to work for. The turn over rate at AFNI is ridiculous. During the interview and training they made a great pitch of getting benefits and bonuses and even being promoted within the company. Once you left training it is all downhill from there. Bonuses were next to impossible to receive. If you AHT was a second to high they would take your whole bonus. Then when it came time to apply to be promoted there was always an excuse why you couldn't apply. Either you haven't been there long enough or you received a write up that you didn't even know about. Every day you go into work you feel like you will be fired. The environment is very cliquey and if you are not liked you will be removed. Also once you get passed your first raise you are looking at being removed from the company because they don't want to pay extra when they can just train a bunch of newbies to do the job. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.
decent job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 26, 2014
They worked with there employees to the best of there ability with health issues, fmla, basically anything came up they would attempt to work with you. They have a system for switching days in case of emergencies or dr's appointments. We worked a lot with verizon customers and the management was understanding of issues assisting customers and would help assist the best they can. The hardest part of my job was when customers interrupted or did not want to listen to what I had to say because that would drive up my times on the phone. I was very conscientious of my times on the phones and all stats that I had to adhere too. The best part of of the job would be the management always tried to make the employees happy and feel that it truly was a great place to work. for example dressing in costumes. dressing up and doing pictures with santa.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, healthcare, decent management
Cons
didn't feel there was room for advancement, some customers
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative, Sales Promotion (Current Employee) –  La Cholla Blvd. Tucson ArizonaMarch 3, 2013
Upon providing customer service and managing a short but precise conversation involving troubleshooting, superior interpersonal and charisma skills allows calls to go smooth. A great wealth of patience calms frustrated customers, the coaches continuously help agents with escalating calls making the agents job much easier. Its satisfying knowing that you helped people with their technical problems, and end the call knowing that their will be returning customers. Technical problems vary which consumes time depending on severity of the call. Overall AFNI provided me the ultimate Customer Service position instilling the fundamentals of customer cooperation and first call resolution.
Pros
59 minute grace period if late, hour long lunches at agent's discretion
Cons
consistently frustrated customers many of which spoke with heavy accents.
Terrible idea!!
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 23, 2014
They are Verizon Wireless's slaves! The pay is next to nothing for you sitting at a desk chatting with customers 3-5 at a time. You must communicate with each customer every one and a half minutes while researching/typing out explanations to concerns/etc. The monitor in the chat will be so kind as to let you know if it has gone over this time limit. Once you have acquired a few, you get a write-up. The bonuses are next to impossible! Oh, and every person is allowed to rate their experience. Anything below perfect is a FAIL for you which will also lead to ...yup, A WRITE-UP!! Anytime this is mentioned to any of the management or coaches (excluding one HR lady who was new to the company and tried her best to fight for us), its all Verizon's fault because that's what they agreed to do for them. They are just scared to lose their contract with this cell phone giant and will promise them the world.
Pros
nope...
Cons
too many to mention!
Afni, the not so great place to work.
Collector II (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 3, 2014
A typical work day; log into the computer and start making outbound calls. I got very few inbound calls. Was very stressful to meet my monthly goal. I learned that collections is not for everyone and is a very stressful job when given outrageous goals to meet each month and then having your job threatened when not meeting those goals. Some of the management there was really exceptional and easy to work with and ask help from. Some I wouldn't ever want to approach. Those were the ones who picked favorites and ignored the ones they didn't like. The hardest part of the job was logging in everyday to make outbound phone calls and collect no money. My coworkers were the most enjoyable part to my employment with Afni. It was extremely hard leaving the company because of the great friends I made there.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
unattainable goals for bonus, management, job insecurity
Not a great place to work
sales rep (Current Employee) –  opelika, alApril 13, 2015
Let's just be honest. Afni is not a great place to work. The management NEVER appreciate their employees. You have employees that work hard for 6 months for a great schedule, then when you are rewarded with the schedule, they reassign a new one due to "company needs" and the fact they laid off 30 employees and 6 coaches. Why not lay off the people first and then assign shift? That's is how unorganized this company is! To me that is inconsiderate. To add on we have team competitions...and notice I say team..if the team wins then they all get a $5 gift card...however the supervisor of that team may receive a PlayStation or a flat screen tv as if they did ANY work!....no appreciation. We work too hard for 8.50 an hour and are very mistreated. Afni has a high turn over rate for a reason. You have more people going out then staying in! Worse place ever!!!!....I am working very diligently to find a new and better place to work.
Not even worth 1 star
Rep (Former Employee) –  Bowling green kyNovember 10, 2012
Best part of this place is the benefits.

However, it's still not worth working there. I worked at for almost 6 years. Turnover rate is horrible. Majority of the employers u talk to have been there less than 2 years. I just figured it was the bowling green ky afni that was horrible but after reading all the comments it's just afni in general. If u want to work at a place where u r just a body to take calls/# and not respected as a human being. I definitely recommend afni. They do not care about u as a person, u can easily be replaced to a new hire making less than u. If u don't like something, basically they r like there is the door. ( no matter how long u r) this is bc if they r paying u more- u r only 1 person that can only take so many calls but if u go, they r able to hire 2 new hires that they will have to pay a little more but can take twice as man calls bc they get paid per call. They promote idiots and hr is a joke.
Cons
everything
horrible
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Evans COJune 7, 2012
i walked into afni ready to work and hoping it to be a great place to work ha. it was fine through trainining up to week 5. after that week it changed a mean lady in my traing class was promoted to coach after 5 weeks because she had years of costomer service. but we all knew why she did she new the person ahead of rookie camp! we also knew that was why because she knew nothing about the proudect we had to show her where to find everthing she knew nothing! then on top of all that we found out that the old lady who just got promted after being their for five weeks was making fun of employees and she became a superviser. im not saying all afni's are bad but evans colorado is one i would not recomend people to work at it is good pay but i quit after 3 months because of the bull. alot of people are nice their but alot are sneaky and rude.
Pros
lots of bennifts
Cons
they favor you and talk bad about their employees

Comment – October 14, 2012

I was an employee of Afni for almost 4 years. 6 months of it was as a temp. Everything was great until the managers would rather listen to lies from new employees who will eventually get stabbed in the back just like they are doing to their senoir coworkers. Management seems to forget that if good or bad a rep is asked rather they said something bad if the employee did and admit it, I would asume as any smart person would that the management might belive said employee. Also they might want to remember the customer satisfation, and aht time would mean something about said employee. Want to know why they have a revolving door. I think I explained it

Comment – November 5, 2012

I am very excited to start! When I came in and filled out my application the Lady at the front desk was very kind. Upon completion of my application I was asked to come in for the interview. I was hired on the spot and felt very welcomed. Four different staff members welcomed me and congratulated me on my new job. I look forward to starting!

Comment – April 23, 2013

ive been waorking there so far for 4 months and there just so rude if your sick they expect you come in and if you dont the write you up for being sick im just fed up with it

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Evans COMarch 23, 2013
Just like all the other comments, yes customers can be rude. All you have to do is remember that customers only call in when something is wrong. If you treat them with kindess, and empathy and be a person who cares. That automatically calms them down. I love my job at Afni. There is great potential for advancement, overtime, great benefits. If you are a people person and can understand other peoples feelings it is a great job. AFNI itself is a GREAT company to work for. They are flexible, I believe great management, pay is good and you have potentials to bonus each month, just by doing your job. It is not hard to get those bonuses. If you are looking to work for AFNI yes it is a good job. Training isn't the best, but when you get to the floor you have PLENTY of help to get you on the right track.
Pros
flextime, vto, benefits, overtime, management and co workers
Cons
can be stressful too