Afni Employee Reviews

fun place to work, very friendly
Verizon Wireless Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2013
Talking on the phone to Verizon wireless customers, answering questions, trying to get customers to upgrade, setting up customers with a smaller plan that best fits their plan. I learned a lot of customer service skills, and how to talk to people on a professional level, and how to shift to multiple pages. Co workers were really cool, everyone always working but made time to have fun, everyone was always willing to help if you had questions. Hardest part about the job was that the information was always changing, always had to go to meetings for a bunch of new or changed plans. I liked the job because the couches were really willing to help you with everything, always gave you the support you needed .
Pros
calling center, talking to people all over the world, helping people save money
Cons
information was always changing
It's work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 8, 2014
As with most jobs, showing up is half the battle to keep this job so as long as you do that it is almost impossible to get fired. It's a steady paycheck but there is little-to-no way to advance and even if you do, the pay is not competitive with most other call centers. The customers that you take calls for are for the most part pretty awesome! ...But there are those few that can ruin your day.

It can get busy but you take anywhere between 60-70 calls a day on average which isn't bad. The biggest problem is the management though. When I was there, I just hoped and prayed I didn't have an issue that needed a supervisor otherwise I'd get mixed answers and a whole lot of wasted time. In this job time = money.
Pros
semi-flexible schedules and pretty good healthcare benefits
Cons
management cannot agree on anything and somewhat unrealistic expectations. poor pay
Productive and quiet
RSS Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2014
answered inbound calls. first the center was to sell HSI, Home phone, and cable through Directv. The center changed and started to assist in retention. The center later fully changed over to answer calls to assist in repairs and setting appointments up for technicians to go to customers house. Interactions with employees was always good, people there to help. Management was only there as you had an irate customer in who I could not calm down or unless my work was less than satisfactory. The hardest part of the job was not to get discouraged by all the customers who called in for the same issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people across the US and within the job center itself.
Pros
bonus incentives for sales, go home early when the business was slow
Cons
was boring, same calls same issues, never sure of actual results
Good job for a stay at home parent that does not need high income.
Customer Service/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 30, 2014
This is a good job for a stay a home parent that does not need a high income. Generally you can schedule off time when you need. However, during holidays and when they are experiencing high call volume you can not get off time no matter what because they only allow a super small amount of hours at these time and they are on a first come first serve basis. Any absence that is not scheduled or not covered by sick time is not excused. The statistical benchmarks used to measure a reps performance are unrealistic. Also, supervisors are very reluctant to take calls that should handle whenever you get a very upset dissatisfied customer.
Pros
full time job, has benefits, flexable options for offtime
Cons
holiday offtime policy, attendance policy, rep performance matrix, supervisors
Awesome Place, Crazy Co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 8, 2015
This job provides excellent benefits, competitive pay, vacation, and many other wonderful perks. You get a raise once a year based on your performance, and you get opportunities to advance and be recognized. I really didn't spend much time with management since this job doesn't really have managers on the floor. Instead they have coaches, whom are available at all times, and if your coach is absent for the day/week, other coaches are there to assist you in anyway.

With all these great things, there are some bad things. The co-workers are very dramatic, inappropriate, and like to gossip A LOT. Just be cordial. Also, as this being a customer service job, some of the customers aren't very nice or they may hold you up from other customers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Stressful, Non-guaranteed schedule
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2015
For those who have worked at a call center, you know how this review is going to go. For those who have not:
Working at a call center is hard work. You sit for 8 hours a day making or receiving phone calls from people who can be sweet as a pie, and others who are just genuinely upset, but will take their frustration out on you. To work at a call center you have to be a special type of person. You have to let all the negativity and hurtful comments roll off your back. You CANNOT take what customers say to heart; you will walk away crying everyday and hate your life if you listen to some of those horrible things people say. But, call centers usually pay you more to deal with those types of situations. They also usually offer pretty flexible scheduling (including split shifts) if you have kids or go to school.
Not such a great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 30, 2013
When I first starting working there it was $9.00 and hour which was great and I could balance all of my bills. However they chose to change to $8.00 per hour plus commission which is ok however if we are making commission why should they take from my commission and also tax it which basically leaves you with base pay its and ok job but I had to get a 2nd job to make up the difference plus I'm still looking for a better job however there aren't many jobs in the south. Also some of the supervisors could care less they will try to get you fired quickly all because there pay is based on the team they have performance. If the team is not doing well then there pay is affected ppl are not buying many phones therefore there really isn't much commission.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
supervisors & pay changes
Decent Place To Work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 2, 2013
Afni was alright to work at. I was in a situation where I had to drive over 100 miles each way to work and it made the job 2.5 hours extra per day.

A typical day included arriving, clocking in with an access card, logging into the phones, turning on the ability to receive calls, and finally taking calls until your shift ends. You receive 2 small breaks and 1 lunch break.

You get lots of web learning activities to complete so you know what products you are serving.

Coworkers were mostly lucky people who passed the drug tests even though they smoke weed or old people who want someone to talk to.

The hardest part of the job was when the queue had 200+ people in it and you got back to back calls. Having a few minute between helped out with notating accounts.
Pros
perfomance incentives
excellent place to start out
Resource management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evans, CONovember 13, 2013
daily duties included deliverables both to the client internally, managing call center staff, managing any problems that came up throughout the day. handling scheduling adjustments and schedule change requests, uploading schedules in various systems, scheduling training.

the culture of the APS side is pretty hard especially during the end of the year where budget cuts were concerned. I started off the year with 3 co workers and ended with being the only one in my department. that is probably the hardest part of the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the people. I like the people that I worked with and the people i currently work with. If I could take those people with me to any job I would.
Pros
the people there
Cons
budget cuts, no stress breakers
Really good work environtment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2015
Making sure to review any alerts before clocking in that could have an impact on customer account
Preparing for your calls by staying very organized
Management was very understanding when trauma happens in life and they are very informative and at tentative to their employees
Co-workers were very sweet and very easy to get along with
The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out very complicated complex calls in a short amount of time with little support
The most enjoyable part was working as a team with co-workers to help each other problem solve and also to really have a satisfied customer by the end of my call
Pros
hot dog truck outside, online training, incentives
Cons
short breaks, not enough support, not enough accomodation
There are some great people who work there.
Web Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 4, 2015
I absolutely HATE this job. The management is horrible. They do not appreciate their agents. The phrase "a great place to work" should not even be a part of their logo. The pay is horrible and the managers don't even care. We are being over worked and under paid. I feel as if OSHA needs to come in and shut the place down. The managers show favoritism. Certain people they'll let change their schedules, and certain people have to tough it out or they'll be forced to resign. Also, they allow you win all of these prizes but they tax tremendously for them. That's not right!!! The company as a whole need to be completely shut down because of the way they allow their management to treat the agents. Save your self the stress, DO NOT WORK HERE! Afni has a bad name for a reason!!!!!!!!
a greatly overrated place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 29, 2013
During a typical work day you are encouraged to lie to customers (called positioning) in order to keep accounts. Receive customer satisfaction surveys (up to three per day) from customers who rarely know their own passwords and are generally agitated before they even call. When asking for help I was often told to find new ways to "position" the same concepts which were often met by cursing and general anger by the customer. Was told I was doing well until I was called to the boss's office out of nowhere to be fired. I would suggest this job to anyone who finds failure and pointless redundancy appealing as well as those needing blows to self worth and overall quality of life. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and my days off.
great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 26, 2013
I loved working here, I had great training and I loved my customers, I did get moved around a lot on the call floor between many different coaches I did great until my most recent coach, 2 months after moving to her team per business needs I was let go, prior to being placed on her team I had great reviews and customer appreciation letters from the CEO of AFNI Corporation, I was consistently commended for my customer service abilities from my customers on a daily basis on the phones throughout my entire time at AFNI. I loved working here just ended up with a coach that didn't like me for some reason
Pros
overtime availability, snack machines, customers were great
Cons
my only con would be the management experience i had in the end with my latest coach i had there
Due to budget cuts, no room for advancement
Customer Collections Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 3, 2013
Good co.. no room for advancement due to budget cuts they cut our bonuses and overtime.. I learned compliance skills, communication skills, sales, collections, management skills. The part I enjoyed most was reaching my goals every month and being their top collector.. There wasn't anything hard about the job because it was a good fit and did better than well at it,, I received commendations every month. They wanted to make me a manager, but when economy hit their company pretty hard,, They stopped buying new portfolios therefore making les money and they started to downsize due to panic.. My co-workers are wonderful, it was very easy being a team player, great harmony,, I would miss them but I need more..
Fun, energetic day at the office.
Web Chat Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AlabamaMay 1, 2013
A day at afni was overall fun. It taught me the dynamics between customer and and agent. I have learned compassion, and patience since I am a customer as well. Management was always around when needed. My co workers were the best. We would help each other and competed against other teams for best customer service. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to complete, an issue the customer was having. Due to being a agent our tools were limited and we often had to transfer to a supervisor.
Pros
we would get a an hour off work if we got the most 10 (highest for excellent job well done), we were able to listen to music while we worked, the company often gave free lunches and we played games.
Cons
the lunch breaks were not long enough.
Money is good but not such a "Great Place to work"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2013
Training was good but did not learn most things needed once you hit the floor. Didn't start receiving bonuses or incentives until a year of working due to sales codes that just so happen to be wrong for everyone who was in my training class and nothing could be back tracked. Management apologized stated that nothing could be done for any sales in past but from now on would be paid out. Was very disappointed but nothing much I could do. The schedule flexibility was very good for Afni. Bonus was good as well just as long as you make sure you're receiving it. If you're in need of management or assistance for a call it is almost impossible for one to assist even though there are many available.
Terrible place to work
management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 3, 2012
What a terrible place to work. I worked in the professional side of the business and got to see first hand how management treats their employees. One even commented that anyone can replaced. So much for valuing your employees. If you are a call center rep THERE IS NO advancement. Also, they are not flexible on schedules. The only flexibility is if your needs fall outside of your shift.

Turnover is very high. I heard that in many locations company wide its well over 100%. Some even over 200% Think about that... That speaks to how well they treat employees and how long they stay.

They push the "great place to work" on employees and advertisements. You should already be a great place to call yourself that.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
everything else
Afni everyday
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2015
I learned to deal with customers no matter what of the situation, keep a calm professional attitude and help satisfy and resolve all of the customer's needs. At a call center its quite easy to just do what's required and to know what's not acceptable. The office is a fun and enjoyable experience and to meet new people. Learning new ways to talk and sell our products. Mainly learning how to become a more persuasive and productive agent. By being bilingual it has helped me to become a more understanding and patient listener through any sales call. It is important to make sure the customer understands that you're there to help them with whatever questions and issues need to be resolved
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short breaks
This Job ask to much
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2013
Starting pay is $9.00 and you do way to much if your in Universal. They want you to answer billing questions, know the FiOS product, make sales and handle technician duties now. This job will fire you for anything, the more you do and more money you make the more likely they will fire you. Afni only gets a certain amount of money per year from Verizon, once your making bonus every month they don't like that and fire you. Once you don't make sales they fire you. Once you make a little mistake they fire you. It's a job that hires and fires. There the worst call center when it comes to turnover rates. If you work for afni try to become coach as quick as possible it extends employment for at least a year. If you are a agent you get 2 years at best.
This company was a contractor with Verizon Wireless. Assisting customers via phone and by chatt line was exceptionally very well.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, alOctober 13, 2013
a typical day at work is accepting inbound calls back to back, which only made the day go by even faster than it already was. I learned patience and how to troubleshoot over the phone and resolve a customers issue. The hardest part of the job is when a customer is at the company store and is unable to be assisted due to one of our team member's incapability to assist their customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to resolve your customer's issue and hearing them say thank you for all you have done for them.
Pros
health and flexibility
Cons
location and central timing