Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

it is a grind
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: there are so many great people that work here
Cons: short breaks and rude customers
your day at afni once you have finished training is a grind, learn to deal with a**holes on the phone quickly or you are not going to last.
Unfavorable workplace, training does not prepare new workers, inconsistent and abrasive management staff
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good health benefits, reasonably high wage
Cons: training does not prepare workers, unreasonably high expectations, abrasive management, high turn around
Training does not prepare the employee for the expectations of the "call floor"(after training, full time work area).

Numbers and goals required to be met by employees are unreasonably difficult causing ridiculously high turn around.

Different levels of management do not communicate company needs and standards in a consistent manner. The majority of the members of management consistently practice abrasive behavior. This leaves employees in a position where they are doing what they are told by one manager and be scolded by the other. It is VERY unfavorable for the workplace due to lowered moral and low productivity.

Health and compensation benefits are above minimum wage and the insurance provided by the company is affordable and covers a lot of needs for employees and their families.
Very diversified!
Instructor I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed training. It brought great pleasure to see individuals become successful!
my sup & department were great
SUPERVISOR JUDY SMITH (Former Employee), tucsonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: you could work differnt projects
Cons: too far & low pay
they tried to keep it a fun place to work, company went to 24/7 shifts and contracts would change with no notice
Afni, Inc.
Project/TnT Coach (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJanuary 22, 2015
This is ann amazing place to work, especially if you are interested in Customer Service. You get developed by your leaders/trainers, and you are constantly being acknowledged for you achievements.
A hectic, fast pace work place with time controlled breaks and lunch.
Customer Service Rep, (Former Employee), Tuscon, ArizonaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: breaks and phone calls timed to the second, counseling if too long.
1. My normal work day at AFNI consisted of answering incoming calls that normally consisted of customers who had problems with their existing Verizon services or with Direct T.V. that could be part of the services we offered. I would either add or subtract t.v. channels, packages or special offers to existing services or to new customers.
I would also fix problems by listening to the customers describe the situation and then transfer them to the service rep office that could fix the problem.
2. I improved my customer service abilities to a finer edge than what it had been. I have been doing customer service for years and this was even harder due to the customers who had problems were (unfortunately) in a irritable mood. However I was able to calm most of them down and either help them myself or find the right person or department that could.
3. Management was a group of knowledgeable and nice people that I enjoyed working for and with. I just wish they had more supervisors.
4. My co-workers were hard working and they were willing to help you if you had a question.
5. The thing I disliked the most about the job was your breaks were scheduled precisely and it was frowned on if you took your breaks early or later. Also it was assumed that after training that didn't contain all that you needed to know you were expected to need no help from your immediate supervisor and if you did and you sent them an e-mail for that help it would sometimes take one half hour to an hour before you would get it and the whole time you were on the phone with that customer waiting for them to help. Which made the customer all the more irrate.
6. I enjoyed talking to the customer and earning the satisfaction of a happy customer when I hung up the phone
Productive and On going mind challanging workplace
Bill Collector (Former Employee), BloomingtonJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: bonuses when at least 80% of goal was reached
Cons: same food venders every week
Afni was a workplace that challanged each employee to adapt to diverse situations. I learned how to negotiate payment terms in a timely manner. There was always a coach to help me navigate through the process of a successful call. The hardest part of the job was knowing the best descalation tactics to calm someone who was irate. I enjoyed hitting my goals that were set before me because I knew then, I had done my job correctly.
IT'S AN OKAY JOB
Service Representatives (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: never appreciated their employees
JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO YOUR WORK CORRECTLY AND ALSO IF ANYONE TELLS YOU ANTHING TO DO, MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT IN THE ACCOUNT WHERE YOU RECIEVED YOUR INFORMATION FROM AND ALSO MAKE SURE THAT IF YOUR HAVE TO WARM TRANSFER SOMEONE, ALWAYS STAY ON THE PHONE UNTIL THE NEXT AGENT RELEASES YOU
Enticing, encouraging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: bonuses, flexible scheduling, support, benefits, multiple breaks
Cons: headaches, on-site lunch availability
A typical day at work for me would be spending the majority of my time sitting behind a desk on the phone, answering calls to provide our customers excellent customer service. Although this might sound droning and monotonous-which it very well is at times-I enjoy going into work everyday. The people who surround me are very outgoing, respectful, and attentive to any needs. Afni is a very flexible company with regards to scheduling, and even job requirements. One major thing that I learned while working here was how to become a better person. I did not yell at anybody, nor did I raise my voice to customers. I kept composure over the phones, and because I was forced to do so as apart of this job, I began practicing the same ways in my home. This came to bring more joy into my home, and left more hostility at the doorstep. Management was commendable. They were there to readily answer any questions or solve any issues. They tried their best to make our jobs as easy as possible, while still doing theirs. The hardest part of the job was to make everybody happy. Many people will call in over the phones with anger in their voice, and it is my responsibility to make sure that I end the call with every customer on a happy note. Maintaining composure while people are yelling in my ear was a very difficult obstacle, but being able to clear that hurdle simply made my job easier, me a better person, and it simply improved every aspect of my life. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear the appreciation people had for the time and effort I would put into making things right with them.
Its A Call Center Job
Customer Service/Billing Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
At Afni they dont really care about your name in their eyes you are just a number and nothing more. I loved the job at first but when it came time for me to advance in the company they kept giving false hope. The management used to be AMAZING but now they give the job to just about anyone. It used to be an amazing place to work but now its just a call center.
Great Company, Great People
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 8, 2015
If you're hard working, and determined you can go far in this company. It is certainly not for everyone.
Great pay and nice hours and bonuses
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 7, 2015
I worked in a great environment.
I learned how to excel in communication. I learned how to better use empathy and quick thinking resolution options.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult consumers.
The bonuses from hitting goals were great.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson azJanuary 6, 2015
We answered calls, transferred calls accordingly, helped and went over billing with our customers. If a customer was trying to go a new plan we would advise the of the types of plans we had and advised them to know which plan would best suit their needs
I loved it! Wish I could go back.
Web Chat Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits, plenty of training, rewards.
Cons: no set shift - changed every 6 months.
I absolutely loved working at Afni. The staff and co-workers I had definitely made it a joy coming to work. I loved how I was able to connect with all sorts of different customers, and the fact I could talk to more than one customer at a time definitely made it that much more fun! There isn't enough I could say about Afni! The only thing I didn't like was the fact you didn't have a set schedule. I wish they had set schedules you could apply for. When you have a family, the rotating schedules do get to be aggravating.
12 hour days are not for everyone
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: gaines macarthur premiums
Cons: monday morning saftey meetings at 7 am
I learned that on paper a rotating 12 hour shift looks awesome but in reality you are so tired that when you get to your five days off that you want to sleep away three of them. I did this for three years and I'm not sure I ever got over it. Still wake up at 3 am for no reason. Doc says it was the years of being on the rotating shift. Think carefully before you do this kind of shift and also think of your family life too
Needs improvement
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Tucson, AzJanuary 3, 2015
The training process for the company was not very productive. Too much time was spent on materials that you do not use on the call floor. After your training/transition period end, there is very little help if you have questions.The facility and management was poor and definitely needs to be improved.
Fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 31, 2014
Its not a bad place to work. Yes you have to deal sometimes with irate customers. But most of the time it is a good environment. Coaches will work with you and help you try to get the best experience possible.
Even though I enhoyed it
CPC - Customer Service (Former Employee), Opelika, ALDecember 26, 2014
Pros: computer based and fun
Cons: the coaches and the managers are total dingbats with no sense of reality.
This was a sorry company to work for. I was there a year and the instant my family matters get in the way they look for a reason to get rid of you. Let me give you a little tid bit. You have disable people in the house and a single mom with a special kid don't do it man do NOT do it.
There is no real hard part to it, all you have to do is follow the info manager and be a kind hearted person towards the clients. What is hard is that the people if they do not like you or you make them angry per say, they fire you and then lie about what you did to keep you from getting your unemployment.
I would work there again if I was given the chance but I would have to see a change in the management first. They do nothing but make you feel useless if you actually have a family to take care of. As for the advancement. Sure if you kiss their bums and do what they want you to do. I am a college graduate and never got the chance to become anything above a CPC agent and when they got rid of that they found a false reason to fire me.
Inbound call center..
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: very accepting environment and good diverse culture
Cons: low pay starting out as an agent
Whats more to say other than the hustle and bustle of a call center, is what it is. There are diverse people, managers and the turnover rate is tremendous, however the opportunity for advancement almost ultimately depends on the agents productivity and presence itself..
There are leaders, followers, comprised from all walks of life there.
It is by far one of the best places culturally I have ever had the pleasure of being immersed in/employed by. The people in management, most I should say have come up in their company as agents, and with/by their own merit became POD leaders, coaches and or Operations managers. This is a great company for your resume, an entry level. introduction into office work and clerical administrtative work for any entreprenuer in this field type.

However the start out pay as an agent at 9.00 non negoitable is less than to be desired in todays economy, as long as the pursuing candidate can soar passed this based on merit and attendance, the possibilities are endless.
Not the worst job in the world, but close to it.
WebChat Sales Agent (Former Employee), Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2014
Pros: ehh, good job for fresh high school grads.
Cons: not good for adults who need to make a living or who are easily stressed.
Afni is a decent job with good pay for those straight out of high school. However, if you are an adult trying to make an actual living, it's not that great. The pay is the least of your worries if you apply and get hired (and you WILL get hired. They hire EVERYONE they interview- not a good thing). If you do not fit in, you will not last long. Some coaches (supervisors) are good to be under because they actually try to work with you and help you reach your goals (which aren't too hard to reach if you are a good salesperson). But for every good coach, there are 2 bad ones that are only worried about their bonuses. If you are not hitting your goals, then you will be out the door in three months or less.

Now, let's talk about the policies of Afni. There is a double standard. A severe double standard. Agents are not allowed to use their cell phones on the floor. Totally understandable because customers' information needs to be protected. Cell phones have cameras, and agents have taken pictures of their monitors before. Dumb, I know. But like I said, they will hire ANYONE. However, coaches are allowed to use their cell phones on the floor. They have the same access the agents do. But, are no where near as monitored or tracked. They are just auto-trusted. Which is bad. I've witnessed a coach breaking policy rules, reported it, and nothing was done.

So if you are down for mega high-stress, love being extremely bored and interacting repetitively with customers on a daily basis then this may be the job for you. Also, keep in mind, if you don't fit into any cliques, you won't last long. Better kiss up so you will last long enough to pay some bills!

Good luck on your search and I hope I've steered you away from Afni, which is NOT a good place to work!

PS. You start out at $8/hr, and the pay cap is $8.50/hr. It can take you no less than 1 year to get a $0.50 raise. Not worth it!

About Afni

Afni helps companies develop meaningful and profitable relationships with their customers. With contact centers in Alabama, Arizona, – Read more

Afni Salaries