Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 20, 2015
Fun work place lots of new people to learn and people like coming to work and have fun and people are willing to help and teach you new things.
Good pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 16, 2015
The Benefits were the best part of the job. Job was customer service based. The best part of the job is that the benefits. The hardest part of the job was when there was really nothing you could do to help the customer.
Afni was a god place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Opelika, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: They work with you on being off for something, work with schedule you need
Cons: pay is awful, it is not so great to work at anymore
when I first stared there, I enjoyed it, the pay was good it was just a place I enjoyed. All of that went out the window when our pay was cut due to commission everything went down from there
Not a great place to work
sales rep (Current Employee), opelika, alApril 13, 2015
Let's just be honest. Afni is not a great place to work. The management NEVER appreciate their employees. You have employees that work hard for 6 months for a great schedule, then when you are rewarded with the schedule, they reassign a new one due to "company needs" and the fact they laid off 30 employees and 6 coaches. Why not lay off the people first and then assign shift? That's is how unorganized this company is! To me that is inconsiderate. To add on we have team competitions...and notice I say team..if the team wins then they all get a $5 gift card...however the supervisor of that team may receive a PlayStation or a flat screen tv as if they did ANY work!....no appreciation. We work too hard for 8.50 an hour and are very mistreated. Afni has a high turn over rate for a reason. You have more people going out then staying in! Worse place ever!!!!....I am working very diligently to find a new and better place to work.
Terrible
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
I loved the people I worked with but the customers were awful. Micromanaged and the management is awful, things are always changing
Favoritism and Unorganized
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
While working there I encountered lots of favoritism and the company being unorganized. The managers were too busy trying to be friends with the employees that there was no disciplinary action. So with that employees just did what they wanted because this company at the time lacked structure.
Great Company!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 1, 2015
I loved working with this company. The hours were flexible, management was fair for the most part. I have a few different supervisors and was fairly pleased with most of them. I felt I was trained properly and was fully equipped to start on the call floor immediately. If I didn't have to move I would have continued with the company and would still be there today.
starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 27, 2015
It has a lot of standards that cannot be quantified. It has a reputation for high turnover rate for a reason. It claims to have a bonus structure.
It was an ok place to work for.
Customer Care Professional, Sales (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls that could potentially be screaming at you for something that the company had done to hurt them. I learned in this job not to take things personally. Management, I felt that there was too many potatoes and not enough meat to handle the questions, they hire very fast and train and then when new people hit the floor questions don't always get answered. Co-workers were great except that sometimes it would get so loud it got hard to hear the customers.
Not a great place to work.
Web Chat Agent (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Different vendors for lunch
Cons: Lies about commission
A typical day at work included taking 3 chats at a time during your whole shift which was very hectic and stressful seeing as how one mess up could potentially cost you your job. Management is rarely able to answer questions pertinent to handling your chats in the correct manner. Also, in the sales department you're offered commission but there were a lot of mistakes when it came time to pay up. The environment was very "high school" and gossipy. The most enjoyable part of the job was training.
Good Concept, Bad Management
Verizon Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), RiverSideMarch 22, 2015
AFNI is a good place to work in theory, 10/hour for taking phone calls all day, sitting in a computer chair all day and helping people out. The human resources like to have alot of events going on at the workplace to keep people involved, flexible scheduling. However; all of this is kindve dampered by the fact that they dont watch out for who they promote. Many of the supervisors do not do their jobs which causes stress for its employees. Example, they told me that I could go to part time because of my school schedule and it took a month and a half to change the schedule, making me miss many classes and having to drop 2 of them all because people werent doing their jobs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 22, 2015
The job consist of taking a customer's call in regards to billing issue with a cell phone company. The customer's can be difficult at times but overall I am satisfied by being able to assist customers and resolve their issues.
GOOD EXPERIENCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TIME MANAGEMENT
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 21, 2015
HAS ALWAYS HELP BY TEAM LEAD TO IMPROVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND PROVIDE BEST ANSWER TO CUSTOMER WITH ALL AVAILABLE SOURCES.
okay place to work
Customer Service representative (Current Employee), TucsonMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits and some coaches
answer calls and provide customer service over the phone. Takes a lot of patients in call centers and working with irate customers.
good place
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee), tucson azMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long shifts
they are flexible with your schedule and the benefits are excellent. the coaches are amazing. The customer calls are about the worst part. the company itself if great however.
Really good work environtment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hot dog truck outside, online training, incentives
Cons: short breaks, not enough support, not enough accomodation
Making sure to review any alerts before clocking in that could have an impact on customer account
Preparing for your calls by staying very organized
Management was very understanding when trauma happens in life and they are very informative and at tentative to their employees
Co-workers were very sweet and very easy to get along with
The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out very complicated complex calls in a short amount of time with little support
The most enjoyable part was working as a team with co-workers to help each other problem solve and also to really have a satisfied customer by the end of my call
Sales side
Webchat Sales (Current Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 11, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: high turn over rate.
A great place to work, but it not for everyone. I recommend you getting a job at the store instead of Afni. Webcaht sales can be difficult so if you have what it takes do for it but it is not for everyone.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Phenix City, AlMarch 10, 2015
It is a fun laid back place to work. You meet new people and get to enjoy yourself. You also have the opportunity to advance within the company
Company with great history of achieving/exceeding customer expectation
Employee (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 7, 2015
Outsource company with a great history of achieving/exceeding customer expectations. Talented workforce with the ability to achieve results at a low cost to customer.
Online Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun environment, online-based work
Afni is, primarily, an online chat center. I worked here for several years, doing both sales and general customer service. The sales team does offer bonuses as well for those that exceed minimum requirements. I liked that the environment was very up-beat. Since it was online work, we'd have "power-hour" with music and prizes would be given out. Or you could bring a non-camera music device (cell phone not allowed) and listen to whatever you wanted as you worked, so long as you remained on task. Similar to a regular call-center job, the work can be a little fast-paced as you're handling many chats at once but for those that do not want to talk on the phone but want to gain customer service experience, I would highly recommend this job. Additionally what I liked was that every six months, a performance review was made and based on your progress, you were almost guaranteed a pay-raise. New positions were also frequently posted so you weren't stuck in the same position if you wanted to switch departments or move up the ladder.
Headquarters