Afni Employee Reviews in United States

Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 1, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of fun. Stressful days. Fair. Needs more pay for the job done. Would work there again. Long days. Work most weekends.
Pros
Pool tables
Cons
stress
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
I did not enjoy my time working for Afni. Lacked employee and customer appreciation. There were no benefits or opportunity for advancement.
Good job if you dont have kids
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2015
This is a great place to work, pay is good, constant rewards, incentives, and bonus potential. The only problem I have is the shift, when I was hired I was told I could have morning shifts and I did during training but once it came time to choose production schedules only nights were available which doesn't work if you have young school aged kids and a single parent.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonus
Cons
Schedules, lying about schedule availability
Not very good.
Login and registration representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, COMay 2, 2016
Management does not know what they are doing, and do not value their employees. Bonus requirements were constantly raised past the reasonable level.
thankful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2016
job security, work well with school schedules
hardest part is if you work full time (personal opinion)
some supervisors are not very approachable
Unorganized and unflexible
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2016
The staff is alright to work with, its easy to make friends, but the expectations from the job are just too strict and unreachable.
Don't work there
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2015
They will sell you the moon during training before you learn how the work is actually done. I felt like I was lied to and promised so much opportunity and was not appreciated for my hard work. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
the work and management
Good first stepping stone
Customer Service Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2016
Out of high school it was a good job for the time being while I was attending college. It was a decent paying job, but there comes a time you need more than a typical call center job.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  opelika alaMarch 1, 2015
I love my job I enjoy helping people in need I love the promotions in which you can get and the management is well organized. I have received 2 raises since I have been employed at Afni. I would recommend this company to any one in which would like to be employed at this company, If I decide to leave I am sure with my accomplishments I can become employed again
Pros
great place to work
Cons
promotions
Afni
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 12, 2015
I did 1st, 3rd party collections and customer service for telecommunications companies. The job was enjoyable because of my co-workers and management was supportive. Hard core collections was not for me but AFNI was a good experience.
Pros
have resturants come in sell lunches
Cons
not the right job for me
Not bad if are looking for a job! Horrible if your looking for a career.
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 10, 2015
Will hire anyone who comes through the door for CCS or Collections. Simply past the drug test and don't have any felonies. The environment is not the greatest do to the management micro managing. They are so strict on policies that are put in place to help them babysit the employees. The time spent looking for cell phones, tracking break and someone being a few minutes late can actually be used to helped give more feedback. Once you don't perform well one month you get a verbal. You would think that this will create the need for you to get more development to help improve your performance, instead you get less or the same feedback. However there is plenty of time to be addressed for cell phones, breaks, dress-code, (no hooded jackets when it is freezing in the building and they refuse to turn on the heat) complete joke. If you miss a late night using sick,pto or fmla you have to make it up. The only way to move up is to become friends with your supervisor. Your not promoted on performance but more on friendships. Some positions are not posted internally or externally people are just given the job. Do to taking breaks with the supervisor or listening to their personal problems. (so much for equal opportunity) Tenure means nothing unless your in a management position. Be sure to apply for a position if your only interested in some fast cash. If looking for more this would not be the place for you.
I was able to survive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2016
I survived over 6 large employment cuts due to spikes. So if you want to be unappreciated, ripped off of any bonuses this is for you otherwise keep on looking and support any other company. computers were not updated in 5 yr i was with Afni dont do it.
Pros
good pay sometimes
Cons
everything else
Inbound call center..
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 18, 2014
Whats more to say other than the hustle and bustle of a call center, is what it is. There are diverse people, managers and the turnover rate is tremendous, however the opportunity for advancement almost ultimately depends on the agents productivity and presence itself..
There are leaders, followers, comprised from all walks of life there.
It is by far one of the best places culturally I have ever had the pleasure of being immersed in/employed by. The people in management, most I should say have come up in their company as agents, and with/by their own merit became POD leaders, coaches and or Operations managers. This is a great company for your resume, an entry level. introduction into office work and clerical administrtative work for any entreprenuer in this field type.

However the start out pay as an agent at 9.00 non negoitable is less than to be desired in todays economy, as long as the pursuing candidate can soar passed this based on merit and attendance, the possibilities are endless.
Pros
very accepting environment and good diverse culture
Cons
low pay starting out as an agent
Productive Enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2016
I really enoyed the 3 yrs I worked at afni The training staff was truly awsome I really had a great time working their with all the friends I made.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2015
I go into work and take calls for Verizon Wireless customers and go over there bills and help them pay there bills. Also I would transfer phone numbers from one Verizon account to another Verizon account. I learned how to talk to customers and read bills and have better typing skills. The management there was not good there were some supervisors that would help you and others wouldn't. The hardest part about working at afni is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part about working there is being able to have team meeting and get food if we meet our goals.
Pros
bonusing
Cons
managers are horibble at helping
Not a great work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 7, 2015
I would have to say that I was not that happy with working this company. They where not a very supportive team at all. And they really had no care for your family and etc. The most enjoyable moment was training class.
Pros
Class
Cons
No supportive management team at all
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2015
For those who have worked at a call center, you know how this review is going to go. For those who have not:
Working at a call center is hard work. You sit for 8 hours a day making or receiving phone calls from people who can be sweet as a pie, and others who are just genuinely upset, but will take their frustration out on you. To work at a call center you have to be a special type of person. You have to let all the negativity and hurtful comments roll off your back. You CANNOT take what customers say to heart; you will walk away crying everyday and hate your life if you listen to some of those horrible things people say. But, call centers usually pay you more to deal with those types of situations. They also usually offer pretty flexible scheduling (including split shifts) if you have kids or go to school.
productive Day
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 21, 2016
I currently help assist customer with there billing and also help met there needs for service. Co workers are very friendly and interactive
Do not work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 8, 2015
Afni is a good company in some aspects however is completely lacking job security. Afni has a very harsh work environment and you may be terminated without just cause or prior warning. I moved up the ladder and worked as a supervisor for Afni, i was there for about two years. One day i came in to work and was forced to sign my termination paperwork because i was not generating the company enough revenue, with no prior warning or plan for improvement. I do not recommend applying at Afni.
Pros
The job pays well.
Cons
No job security.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Evans COMarch 23, 2013
Just like all the other comments, yes customers can be rude. All you have to do is remember that customers only call in when something is wrong. If you treat them with kindess, and empathy and be a person who cares. That automatically calms them down. I love my job at Afni. There is great potential for advancement, overtime, great benefits. If you are a people person and can understand other peoples feelings it is a great job. AFNI itself is a GREAT company to work for. They are flexible, I believe great management, pay is good and you have potentials to bonus each month, just by doing your job. It is not hard to get those bonuses. If you are looking to work for AFNI yes it is a good job. Training isn't the best, but when you get to the floor you have PLENTY of help to get you on the right track.
Pros
flextime, vto, benefits, overtime, management and co workers
Cons
can be stressful too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9