Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 4, 2015
Pros: paid time off, discount
Cons: schedule
Helping Verizon Wireless customer navigate while they viewed their account online and made purchases or had questions about products.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
Meet new people and interesting people, and your always busy so your never bored. You learn great customer service skills
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), opelika alaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: promotions
I love my job I enjoy helping people in need I love the promotions in which you can get and the management is well organized. I have received 2 raises since I have been employed at Afni. I would recommend this company to any one in which would like to be employed at this company, If I decide to leave I am sure with my accomplishments I can become employed again
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Good place to work due to job stability, good health benefits, as well as an amazing training program with coaches and mentors who want to see you succeed.
Energized environment
Sales/Tech Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: commission/overtime
Cons: n/a
New challenges, competitions, & center events weekly. Being able to diagnose services/equipment over the phone, communicating w/ customers was a great experience.
Productive Fun Workplace With Ping Pong Table
Online Live Chat Login and Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Evans, COFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: amazing staff. benefits are awesome.
Cons: facility is moving everyone to work at home. systems don't operate properly.
A typical day consisted of getting customers registered for online accounts, assisting customers with password resets and plan changes. Also made changed to cell phone plans.
Fun and productive work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: scheduled breaks, positive work environment.
Cons: health care cost was too high
Loved being able to help customers with issues relating to their Verizon home services. Many days were so fast paced that the days just flew by. Management made sure all employees understood benefits and new products.
it is a grind
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: there are so many great people that work here
Cons: short breaks and rude customers
your day at afni once you have finished training is a grind, learn to deal with a**holes on the phone quickly or you are not going to last.
Unfavorable workplace, training does not prepare new workers, inconsistent and abrasive management staff
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good health benefits, reasonably high wage
Cons: training does not prepare workers, unreasonably high expectations, abrasive management, high turn around
Training does not prepare the employee for the expectations of the "call floor"(after training, full time work area).

Numbers and goals required to be met by employees are unreasonably difficult causing ridiculously high turn around.

Different levels of management do not communicate company needs and standards in a consistent manner. The majority of the members of management consistently practice abrasive behavior. This leaves employees in a position where they are doing what they are told by one manager and be scolded by the other. It is VERY unfavorable for the workplace due to lowered moral and low productivity.

Health and compensation benefits are above minimum wage and the insurance provided by the company is affordable and covers a lot of needs for employees and their families.
Very diversified!
Instructor I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed training. It brought great pleasure to see individuals become successful!
my sup & department were great
SUPERVISOR JUDY SMITH (Former Employee), tucsonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: you could work differnt projects
Cons: too far & low pay
they tried to keep it a fun place to work, company went to 24/7 shifts and contracts would change with no notice
Afni, Inc.
Project/TnT Coach (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJanuary 22, 2015
This is ann amazing place to work, especially if you are interested in Customer Service. You get developed by your leaders/trainers, and you are constantly being acknowledged for you achievements.
A hectic, fast pace work place with time controlled breaks and lunch.
Customer Service Rep, (Former Employee), Tuscon, ArizonaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: breaks and phone calls timed to the second, counseling if too long.
1. My normal work day at AFNI consisted of answering incoming calls that normally consisted of customers who had problems with their existing Verizon services or with Direct T.V. that could be part of the services we offered. I would either add or subtract t.v. channels, packages or special offers to existing services or to new customers.
I would also fix problems by listening to the customers describe the situation and then transfer them to the service rep office that could fix the problem.
2. I improved my customer service abilities to a finer edge than what it had been. I have been doing customer service for years and this was even harder due to the customers who had problems were (unfortunately) in a irritable mood. However I was able to calm most of them down and either help them myself or find the right person or department that could.
3. Management was a group of knowledgeable and nice people that I enjoyed working for and with. I just wish they had more supervisors.
4. My co-workers were hard working and they were willing to help you if you had a question.
5. The thing I disliked the most about the job was your breaks were scheduled precisely and it was frowned on if you took your breaks early or later. Also it was assumed that after training that didn't contain all that you needed to know you were expected to need no help from your immediate supervisor and if you did and you sent them an e-mail for that help it would sometimes take one half hour to an hour before you would get it and the whole time you were on the phone with that customer waiting for them to help. Which made the customer all the more irrate.
6. I enjoyed talking to the customer and earning the satisfaction of a happy customer when I hung up the phone
Productive and On going mind challanging workplace
Bill Collector (Former Employee), BloomingtonJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: bonuses when at least 80% of goal was reached
Cons: same food venders every week
Afni was a workplace that challanged each employee to adapt to diverse situations. I learned how to negotiate payment terms in a timely manner. There was always a coach to help me navigate through the process of a successful call. The hardest part of the job was knowing the best descalation tactics to calm someone who was irate. I enjoyed hitting my goals that were set before me because I knew then, I had done my job correctly.
IT'S AN OKAY JOB
Service Representatives (Former Employee), Opelika, ALJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: never appreciated their employees
JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO YOUR WORK CORRECTLY AND ALSO IF ANYONE TELLS YOU ANTHING TO DO, MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT IN THE ACCOUNT WHERE YOU RECIEVED YOUR INFORMATION FROM AND ALSO MAKE SURE THAT IF YOUR HAVE TO WARM TRANSFER SOMEONE, ALWAYS STAY ON THE PHONE UNTIL THE NEXT AGENT RELEASES YOU
Enticing, encouraging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: bonuses, flexible scheduling, support, benefits, multiple breaks
Cons: headaches, on-site lunch availability
A typical day at work for me would be spending the majority of my time sitting behind a desk on the phone, answering calls to provide our customers excellent customer service. Although this might sound droning and monotonous-which it very well is at times-I enjoy going into work everyday. The people who surround me are very outgoing, respectful, and attentive to any needs. Afni is a very flexible company with regards to scheduling, and even job requirements. One major thing that I learned while working here was how to become a better person. I did not yell at anybody, nor did I raise my voice to customers. I kept composure over the phones, and because I was forced to do so as apart of this job, I began practicing the same ways in my home. This came to bring more joy into my home, and left more hostility at the doorstep. Management was commendable. They were there to readily answer any questions or solve any issues. They tried their best to make our jobs as easy as possible, while still doing theirs. The hardest part of the job was to make everybody happy. Many people will call in over the phones with anger in their voice, and it is my responsibility to make sure that I end the call with every customer on a happy note. Maintaining composure while people are yelling in my ear was a very difficult obstacle, but being able to clear that hurdle simply made my job easier, me a better person, and it simply improved every aspect of my life. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear the appreciation people had for the time and effort I would put into making things right with them.
Its A Call Center Job
Customer Service/Billing Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
At Afni they dont really care about your name in their eyes you are just a number and nothing more. I loved the job at first but when it came time for me to advance in the company they kept giving false hope. The management used to be AMAZING but now they give the job to just about anyone. It used to be an amazing place to work but now its just a call center.
Great Company, Great People
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 8, 2015
If you're hard working, and determined you can go far in this company. It is certainly not for everyone.
Great pay and nice hours and bonuses
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 7, 2015
I worked in a great environment.
I learned how to excel in communication. I learned how to better use empathy and quick thinking resolution options.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult consumers.
The bonuses from hitting goals were great.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson azJanuary 6, 2015
We answered calls, transferred calls accordingly, helped and went over billing with our customers. If a customer was trying to go a new plan we would advise the of the types of plans we had and advised them to know which plan would best suit their needs
Headquarters