Afni Employee Reviews

Low end call center
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2017
Afni is what everyone hates about call centers. Bad management that doesnt care about anything, bad computers that constantly freeze, an little to no hope of getting free.
High Expectations, Zero Support
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evans, COApril 23, 2017
Salaried employees were expected to work their full shift, then to work another full shift at home. 80 hour work weeks with little to no benefit burns you out very quickly. Bonuses were a joke, even if your team was exemplary.
Great Environment
Contact Center Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 18, 2017
Great entry level positions available and paid training. It's a relaxed call center environment where you take customer service calls for a leading wireless provider.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 18, 2017
. Verizon Communications include both, landline and wireless services. My landline responsibility consisted of educating FIOS and high speed customers with Verizon internet, television, and phone contract services, troubleshooting existing and potential home issues, ordering and canceling services, financial managing, which consisted of equipment, sales and services. Wireless responsibilities consist of ordering and activating phones, provide international phone, internet, and text messaging services, troubleshoot reception problems and provide customers with the most up to date wireless features. The management was great. The hardest part of the job was the amount of daily calls. The team I was on was the greatest part of the job.
Pros
The best part of the job was the customer interaction
benefits
Revolving door
Business Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 17, 2017
The pay was ok, but not worth all the hoops they have you jump through, with little to no support. You learn how to de-escalate customers, as supervisors rarely accept customers request to speak to a manager. They don't take the time to train on what really matters- when Verizon got the unlimited plan, the customers knew before we did. They made us work mandatory overtime for over a month, regardless of our schedules. Night crew never gets vto to the end of the shift. They don't have enough seats for agents- so the last shift usually suffers when they come in, trying to find a desk to work at. If we need help on a call we have to raise our hands in the air until someone comes to assist, which can sometimes take 10-20 min, but they except you to check back with the customer every minute. The only part of the survey they care about is how the customer views Verizon, regardless of what the customer says about the agent- anything 8 or under messes up your stats. Transfer rate is important to them, but things like calling the customer back for troubleshooting or because the line got disconnected, count as transfers.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
No support. No consistancy.
Fun productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 14, 2017
A typical work day would be sometimes busy or laid back depending on if we have a special promotion going on that customers find interesting. I've learned how to maintain my composure with angry customers and really listening to what they have to say before I say or suggest anything.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
You have to work every holiday.
Solid full time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 14, 2017
Good job, decent pay and benefits, but their system at seeing or grading how well their employees are doing and determining advancement is very flawed.
it was a very good place to work
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2017
I validated orders from Verizon door to door sales. They were always updating the training. Sometimes the vendors would get mad because we knew that they were placing false orders. We had a lot of free time because either the power went out or they were going through an outage somewhere. We had a lot of times where we would bring in food for special holidays or birthdays. I really miss the people that I worked with.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
they closed down and a lot of us left.
Interesting
Representative (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 9, 2017
It was a new experience daily while still doing the same things. Many different interactions and everyone works together for one goal. It has a happy environment as well.
Fast pace , makes days go by much quicker, fun environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 8, 2017
This was very much a "learning experience".I would have loved to have kept this job more than a few months, but due to illness and hospitalization , I was let go.
Pros
Fun fast pace learning environment great training and pay raises
Cons
100% attendance required, No Exceptions
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 6, 2017
Afni is a decent place to work. Comfortable work area and somewhat decent pay and benefits. I only left for a job making better pay. Sometimes there is favoritism among management but that could be said about most places.
It's okay.
AFNI customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 5, 2017
I love customer service and their pay is fair. I was not impressed with their promotions. they would just throw someone into a management roll with no training and they usually failed and were demoted. They also changed their bonus stricture one day and made it a lot harder to obtain a bonus, which a lot of times-was what we as employees were working towards.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evans, COApril 2, 2017
I really liked the job during training and being able to work in the building but, when they sent everyone home because our afni got closed in my area it got hard, lonely and complicated working at home. The job got difficult after everyone started quitting, we kept getting different coaches each month.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
management
Did not make a great impression for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 30, 2017
This company seemed to be just in its start up I believe when I was employed there. I vaguely remember anything about this company. I was working in a call center
Not bad
Verizon sales representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2017
Job is not bad but compensation is low, scheduling is all over the place, there is room for improvement. Move on due to low pay and better opportunity somewhere else.
What I learned at AFNI
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2017
While working for AFNI, I became very experienced with customer needs assessment and deescalation. I also learned a lot about sales, which has aided me in my own career. I did not love change KPIs and clever evasion of bonus payouts, nor unpredictable incentives/income.
Working for AFNI Inc. (Tucson, AZ)
Call Center Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85730March 18, 2017
Enjoyed working at AFNI and my co-workers were nice to work with as well. The job was challenging but, you felt good when you were able to help a customer with a problem.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
great place to work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2017
A typical day was taking phone calls. customer would call so I could set them up with fios Verizon internet, cable and home phone service. I would also help customers with any billing concerns.
Good staff but below average pay.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 14, 2017
Overall, employees at Afni are great to work with. Management is very flexible for any given personal issue you may have and the benefits are very solid. However, the pay is very poor, relative to comparable roles at other employers.
Pros
Employees and flexibility.
Cons
Salary
Terrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 13, 2017
Very sadly built scheduling table, and horrible training techniques. The management didn't have any real investment in their groups and the whole site suffered as a result.
Pros
Cons
no time off, no sick time, no availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9