AFS

AFS Employee Reviews

Student Committee
Teacher of English (Former Employee), BattambangFebruary 8, 2015
Being away from the family and started to stay in a big family, I have learned more about life. Roles of student committee is really important, because if we mislead or misdirect, it is the big crisis. In here I have learned more and more about management skills. This is a big experience for me in life.
Horrible Management
Quality (Current Employee), Tiffin, OHOctober 30, 2014
Horrible Management, Great Hours, Great Pay, No room for job advancement
Dazed and confused
Business Development (Current Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good pay, good business model for customers
Cons: see above. horrendous management
Dazed and confused is how you will feel on any given day. Management makes wholesale changes (vs small tweaks) all the time. Constantly buying smaller companies. With every acquisition comes a new philosophy, plan, process change. Dizzying.
very good and safe working enviorment
labor (Former Employee), scio ohioJune 17, 2014
working for AFS was a very good inspired experience, I learned a lot on the oil field, gas industry, I was treated well and valuated as an employee. Good company to work with, A++
A swift growing small business
Rate Entry Coordinator (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: lenient with schedules as long as they are adhered to, good people, national company
Cons: shows favoritism, does not stick to their own deadlines
A typical day at work in my position is hectic and can be overwhelming. My responsibilities are the heartbeat of the company, any change or error in the information I enter affects the entire company. At this time, AFS is growing and expanding at a rate I personally think is dangerous. They are piling more work on their employees by adding more and more clients, but not offering any more compensation. – more... In fact, several of our benefits we currently receive will no long be offered before this year is up.

The company is generally lenient and understanding of people's personal life. If there is an emergency or a need for a day off for an appointment, they generally work well with their people. The employees work well with each other, and there are several really good managers, but the same cannot be said for all.

Once the company gets thru its transition period, I believe it will return to being a great career opportunity. – less
process student loans and grants
Financial aid Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
At afs we process student with the correct amount of financial aid loans and grants according to his or her enrollment status.
great experince
COLLECTOR (Former Employee), Niles, ILMay 1, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: nothing
working as a bill collector for a major credit card company was great for my experience early in my life.
Good place to work with state holidays paid
Adult and Family Services aide (Former Employee), Springfield, ORApril 19, 2013
Enjoyed working with Aide to Dependent Children unit in Springfield. Needed more pay and was unable to take state workers test over once I did it. Mostly at the worker level we worked as financial workers.
Rewarding work helping Exchange Students
Hosting Coordinator (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: escort travel with students to various countries.
Cons: no pay
This is a volunteer job. I am responsible for coordinating host families with prospective students from various countries. I work with AFS Staff and other volunteers. the AFS staff I work with are helpful and friendly. The hardest part is dealing with all the different schools in the Greater Chicago Area. I have developed data bases to help manage these issues. The best part of the job is spending time with all the wonderful students from around the world.
Data Entry and chaperoned student
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free trip
Input data, created and distributed reports. learn lots of new thing, have great boss and friend. If was like a family setting
It was a job
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee), Crafton, PAJuly 18, 2012
Basic office atmosphere, workload was sent to another branch which caused me being laid off.
Learned so much with them.
Suntasia Marketing (Former Employee), Largo, FLApril 4, 2012
They paid for my training to advance my skill in loan processing.
wonderful place to work
production clerk (Former Employee), fort rucker alFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: great benefits, regular pay raises, on the job training
Cons: have to have security clearance for most jobs
It's truly a wonderful place to work. The opportunity for advancement is unbelivable and so is the pay. The benefits are great. I really can't say one bad thing.