After School Programs Employee Reviews

Same as One on One Learning
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2017
Same as One on One Learning---except I paid all my own expenses totally. Was entrepreneurial and built all programs, did trainings, and etc. Some people in Management in Florida were always secretive because they were concerned about their future work and titles. I did enjoy building relationships with business district people and learning about so many nationalities in Sacramento and how we could sell services to help their students. Was good to be able to develop programs and reach out to other program managers in various states to see what worked for them.
Great place for kid enjoyment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 10, 2017
Monday- Friday work schedule. 1-6pm 25 hours a week. You will need a lot of energy to work here. Great place also to send your kids, The people really care and they put alot of effort into their programs.
Director
Director of the Morning and Afterschool Program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, FLJune 12, 2017
I loved working for asp. I managed a staff of 5 and 130 kids in an after school program. I was responsible for staff schedules and activities. The company is family oriented and is flexible.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
hours
Balanced vs Unbalanced
After School Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 21, 2017
As an After Care Counselor, it has it's ups and downs. I absolutely love children, they life's precious gifts; however being around them while being disrespected by them at all times is not really what I expected. On a typical day, the children would meet in the cafeteria and sit with their groups and wait for the counselors, or running around, and talking loud and enjoying the rest of their days before going home.While working at Miramar Elementary, I've learned how to have more patience because dealing with kids require a lot of patience. The hardest part about working at Miramar Elementary is making sure the children do not hurt each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the children's ' faces every single day. The work environment is amazing, cheerful and enthusiastic.
Former Job Details
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Worked with the company for two years, overall an awesome program ! I counseled preschool and kindergarten and i had a great time with the children. Best after school education program!
Pros
Great staff and educational program
Cons
Pay, no breaks, hours: work less than 40 hours
Counselor
Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 6, 2017
Starting pay $9 .50 increase after taking dcf training even though I'm one class away from my B.A. in ECE?! I've workes as a teacher's assistant and as a head teacher so I have experience, but that didn't matter. The hardest group is the kindergarden class, there are about 25 children that one teacher is responsible for with the help of a couple fourth graders. The fourth graders are ok but it makes more work for the counselor to supervise 25 children in addition to them. The activities to entertain the children are sort of wack (puzzles, coloring, etc). We are required to wear uniforms, which are ugly (look like a Target employee). I didn't set up direct deposit so they were to mail my check and they didn't. I waited two days before calling the office to inquire, it was sitting there the whole time. After picking up my check it wasn't able to be cashed it was printed wrong (another employee had the same issue).

The hours are ok, but when hired I was told that there would be an oppurtunity and was never offered AM shift hours.

Only suitable for retired, extra income seekers, people trying to get experience in the education field.
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
No breaks provided
room to grow
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 2, 2017
This job is great if you go to school, other than that I wouldn't work here. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work done, at least at the cite I worked with. The post says $ 8.05-9.50 thats a lie you start at $8.05 and if you complete the dcf certificates then you get a 0.45 cent pay increase. I loved working with kids it is the only reason why I stayed and my site director was amazing other than that I would've left months ago. The CEO does not care about the counselors they definitely deserve to get paid more. If you go to school or this is your first job I would go ahead and apply but if not I wouldn't.
Pros
loved working with children
Cons
horrible pay!
Horrible Environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Supervisor is very rude, 21st Century program is the worse and no fun for the children. They expect you to do work of teachers who actually have a teacher's degree.
Internship
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2016
It was an internship that I did a while back, but it helped me learn how a business environment is supposed to function.
n/a
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2016
A great place to work for.You only work Monday thru Friday.the hours range from 2:00p.m. to 6:00p.m.I got to work with a very diverse community.
Fun workplace
counselor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2016
I loved working with kids. This company is one of the best if you want to gain experience in this field. Working with kids is not for everyone, but with patience and a firm authority, you will just fine.
Active workplace
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
enjoy working with the kids , love the way their active . I love working with the staff . Everyday I went in to work the kids made my day .My 4 hours I was there everyday went by fast because of the kids kept me busy and I love it.
Excellent and FUN Place to Work -- I Love Working Here!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 2, 2016
I've worked at ASP for over a year now and it is a GREAT place to be. This is a warm and inviting environment. I've made many new friends and everyone here treats you like family.
I love my co-workers and the Management team truly cares about its staff. ASP has come a long way.
Pros
Fun Place To Work!
Cons
Parking is sometimes a challenge.
Great Culture
Business/HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Our Orlando office is made up of a great group of people that work well together. A typical day at work a fast paced yet easy going. Usually very productive but filled with good vibes and laughter.
Fun work place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 20, 2015
The company is amazing. They give you opportunity for growth. The staff are easy to get along with. Over all it was a great experience working there.
Money hungry company. Could care less about the employees
assistant director (Former Employee) –  browardSeptember 8, 2015
i started as a counselor, at the beginning whats not to like. My group was awesome. Coworkers were amazing and boss was a gem! Then the company started adding on so much to the counselors plate of responsibilities and not compensating us for all the extra work we were doing. Not to mention all the other changes in the policy and rules. Ridiculous!

So many people come and go its ridiculous! They are always hiring because people quit left and right within 2 months of employment because its just too much for
Too little. Its mot worth it.

As an assistant director, the responsibility was a heavy load. It all depends on where they place you and where you work. I had to deal with an incompetent director, always bossing everyone around, taking the credit for everything and doing all she could to make everyone around her look bad. I had counselors stealing from each other and the drama was THICK! It became such a hostile work environment that i would literally cry on my way to work.

It shows you how badly they need employees in this company! IF A DOG HAD HANDS THEY WOULD HIRE THEM!
Pros
Made great friends, Work schedule for college students
Cons
Very Poor pay for high expectations, greedy company
Great for college students
Assisstant Director (Former Employee) –  BrowardSeptember 2, 2015
I honestly do not know why the reviews on this company is so high. This job is really dependent off of what school you are placed at. Management (corporate) changes things without notice, they're money hungry, greedy, and they basically pay their workers with gum and fairy dust. If you have REAL bills to pay, this job isn't for you. Anything to save a dime, they will do. Turn over rate is TERRIBLE. People are constantly quitting causing schools to be overstaffed. If management doesn't like you, they will figure out a way to get you out.

Other than that, I met some really amazing people who I am very good friends with to this day.
Pros
Coworkers, Good for people going to school
Cons
Pay, No Benefits, Turnover rate
Very productive and fun.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 24, 2015
Working with ASP was an awesome experience. This job gave us an opportunity to get an idea of what it is like to be a teacher. Working here, I was able to gain new friends.
A company who only cares about the mighty dollar
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 12, 2015
I've busted my butt working for these people for over a year. If you go to the office to complete some paperwork they dont pay you for it. After working short staffed for more than 6 months my director decided to speak with the District coordinator and he wasn't even aware that we had been working short staffed when we asked him to hire some more people to help us out he replied "its summer now so you dont need anyone" with 4 weeks left of school left. They shove all these rules and regulations down your throat at these trainings but there has been multiple times where they dont follow any of them and will threaten and even fire you if you do what they do.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication/Pay
Working with children
Counselor and Mentor for children K-5th grade (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2015
Dealing with children requires alot of extra attention you wouldn't normally need in a regular workplace. It was very enojyable and everyday was refreshing.