After School Programs

After School Programs Employee Reviews

A company who only cares about the mighty dollar
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Lack of communication/Pay
I've busted my butt working for these people for over a year. If you go to the office to complete some paperwork they dont pay you for it. After working short staffed for more than 6 months my director decided to speak with the District coordinator and he wasn't even aware that we had been working short staffed when we asked him to hire some more people to help us out he replied "its summer now so you dont need anyone" with 4 weeks left of school left. They shove all these rules and regulations down your throat at these trainings but there has been multiple times where they dont follow any of them and will threaten and even fire you if you do what they do.
Working with children
Counselor and Mentor for children K-5th grade (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2015
Dealing with children requires alot of extra attention you wouldn't normally need in a regular workplace. It was very enojyable and everyday was refreshing.
Favoritism
Counselor (Former Employee), Dania, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: disrespectful people, favoritism, unorganized
I enjoyed coming to work for the children, other than that, it was very unorganized. The directors showed favoritism allowing other employs to slack off. They always waited last minute to inform us of any changes and they didn't believe in notifying parents for certain students of inappropriate behavior.
Fun and Structured Program
Site Director (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FlMarch 9, 2015
*Before & After School Care
*I've learned how to operate the largest program consisting of 200 children, and maintain a zero balance
*Management is operated by Area Coordinators
*11 Counselors
*Making sure the parents are satisfied can be challenging
*I enjoy being a positive role model
After School Programs
Counselor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2015
This is an okay job. I really do get along with the staff and youth I work with on a daily basis. I work with grade school level kids.
Great Workplace
Counselor/Teacher (Current Employee), Weston, FLFebruary 23, 2015
I loved my co workers, great people to work with, i enjoyed the classroom setting,arts and crafts,cooking,outdoors,reading science and much more!
Fun place to work!
Director of After School Programs (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun time with children
Cons: part time only.
Very fun place to work if you enjoy children. Great co-workers!
Great! Love Working with Kids
Counselor (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FloridaMay 30, 2014
Supervise and work with 15-25 elementary school aged children
Ensure safety of children while they are at the facility
Engage children in various activities such as arts/crafts, cooking, homework, computers etc.
Great Childcare Professionals but.....
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 9, 2013
While this company takes pride in providing wonderful childcare for families in various schools in Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach Counties, management can really suck! Turn over rate is extremely high and since this is a work at will state, you can get let go for anything. This job is great for students fresh out of high school. That is all.
productive, fun environment loved working with children.
After School Counselor (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: being around children and gaining experience for my future career
Cons: some times the children would get out of hand. nothing too serious.
Every day I would come in set up the childrens snacks. Take them outside to play. Then went to our assigned classrooms for daily activities. Such as homework time, art, computers and writing. We all had co counselors to help when ever needed. Of course there were problem children but each day something new was to be learned and every child taught me something new. Whether it be fun, love, joy or patience. I loved going to work every day.
Productive and a fun work place with very nice people
Tutor (Former Employee), Mt. Moriah AME Zion Church, Richburg, SCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed working the employees and my supervisor.
Cons: when my job ended i really hated to leave but there was no other jobs.
A typical day at work for me was to clean and keep the maintenance up on the machines. I worked well with all employees. I had an excellent supervisor who knew how to talk with and how to treat all people.

The hardest part of the job for me was when the job ended. I really enjoyed working with the people at this company. With the company being a small business. we. the employees and supervisors had a close relationship.
Very fun working enviroment
Tutor (Former Employee), Newport News, VA and Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: i was helping a young person
Cons: took over two months to get paid
Three to four days out of the week I went to Cary Elementary to tutor math. I started out by going over all the things the student knows and then the things she had a hard time understanding. We then worked on all of her weaknesses. I cant recall any part of the job hard. The most enjoyable part was when my student began to learn more and when she came to me with great test grades.
Fun workplace, very diverse
Grant Administrator Assistant (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 10, 2012
Pros: relaxed settings, employees are professional and team players
Cons: minimum benefits, no advancement
I really enjoy working here. its a fun and relaxed environment.

About After School Programs

After School Programs, Inc., (ASP) was founded in 1991 and has been providing superior quality after school programs for Florida – Read more

After School Programs Salaries

$8.77 per hour
Bus Driver
$14.00 per hour

After School Programs Photos

Supporting our after care community in New Jersey!
Outdoor fun!