After School Programs

After School Programs Employer Reviews

Great Childcare Professionals but.....
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 9, 2013
While this company takes pride in providing wonderful childcare for families in various schools in Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach Counties, management can really suck! Turn over rate is extremely high and since this is a work at will state, you can get let go for anything. This job is great for students fresh out of high school. That is all.
productive, fun environment loved working with children.
After School Counselor (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: being around children and gaining experience for my future career
Cons: some times the children would get out of hand. nothing too serious.
Every day I would come in set up the childrens snacks. Take them outside to play. Then went to our assigned classrooms for daily activities. Such as homework time, art, computers and writing. We all had co counselors to help when ever needed. Of course there were problem children but each day something new was to be learned and every child taught me – more... something new. Whether it be fun, love, joy or patience. I loved going to work every day. – less
Productive and a fun work place with very nice people
Tutor (Former Employee), Mt. Moriah AME Zion Church, Richburg, SCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed working the employees and my supervisor.
Cons: when my job ended i really hated to leave but there was no other jobs.
A typical day at work for me was to clean and keep the maintenance up on the machines. I worked well with all employees. I had an excellent supervisor who knew how to talk with and how to treat all people.

The hardest part of the job for me was when the job ended. I really enjoyed working with the people at this company. With the company being a small – more... business. we. the employees and supervisors had a close relationship. – less
Very fun working enviroment
Tutor (Former Employee), Newport News, VA and Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: i was helping a young person
Cons: took over two months to get paid
Three to four days out of the week I went to Cary Elementary to tutor math. I started out by going over all the things the student knows and then the things she had a hard time understanding. We then worked on all of her weaknesses. I cant recall any part of the job hard. The most enjoyable part was when my student began to learn more and when she came – more... to me with great test grades. – less
Fun workplace, very diverse
Grant Administrator Assistant (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 10, 2012
Pros: relaxed settings, employees are professional and team players
Cons: minimum benefits, no advancement
I really enjoy working here. its a fun and relaxed environment.
Productive and fun environment, beneficial to the students, working with a great team of highly qualified professionals
Instructor (Current Employee), Αθήνα, GRIDecember 9, 2012
Typically, the instructors meet the students right after the end of their regular classes, at 3:30. The instructors help the students be prepared for the After School classes, helping them go through their materials, making sure they have everything they need. Being organized is a challenge for many of our students and this is an integral part of the – more... instruction, teaching organization skills. We proceed to the instruction part, with students of all Primary Grade levels, assisting with homework, projects and implementing skills the students need additional support with (reading, writing, math, study.organization skills, ESL support).
Working for the After School Programs has helped me become a better teacher, develop classroom management skills and the ability to differentiate instruction and teach students with vastly different needs, in different grade levels, at the same time. It has been a valuable learning experience, as it has helped me become more versatile, flexible, patient and quick to adjust my teaching and develop resources, targeting each student’s area of weakness.
Starting this year, my responsibilities include supervising the After School Programs for the Elementary School. This role has given me the opportunity to understand what it takes to set up an educational program and how to help in managing a group of professionals to ensure the success of the After School Programs and has helped me develop management skills.
I have been very lucky to be working with a highly qualified team of professionals. Through our collaboration, we have all grown and learned a lot from each other, in terms of classroom management, differentiating instruction, using a variety of teaching techniques and styles. We have also been working hard towards the constant improvement of the After School Programs, coming up with ways to make classes run even more efficiently, while maintaining daily communication with the parents and teachers, since we all view learning as a collaborative effort.
The hardest part of being an instructor at the After School Programs is to cater for all individual student's needs, while their needs are so diverse, since they are all attending different grade levels, need to be working on different projects and require additional support in different subjects. Keeping a balance between providing individual support in each area of need, while ensuring that each student of the group is on task and switching instantly between different subjects, languages and grade levels has, at times, been challenging. It is however immensely rewarding to see each student take charge for their own learning through the support and it is always a joy to see how happy and proud of themselves they are when they overcome learning obstacles, which ultimately fuels their desire to grow and improve as learners. – less

About After School Programs

After School Programs, Inc., (ASP) was founded in 1991 and has been providing superior quality after school programs for Florida – Read more

After School Programs Photos