After School Programs

After School Programs Employee Reviews

Great for college students
Assisstant Director (Former Employee) –  BrowardSeptember 2, 2015
I honestly do not know why the reviews on this company is so high. This job is really dependent off of what school you are placed at. Management (corporate) changes things without notice, they're money hungry, greedy, and they basically pay their workers with gum and fairy dust. If you have REAL bills to pay, this job isn't for you. Anything to save a dime, they will do. Turn over rate is TERRIBLE. People are constantly quitting causing schools to be overstaffed. If management doesn't like you, they will figure out a way to get you out.

Other than that, I met some really amazing people who I am very good friends with to this day.
Pros
Coworkers, Good for people going to school
Cons
Pay, No Benefits, Turnover rate
Excellent and FUN Place to Work -- I Love Working Here!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 2, 2016
I've worked at ASP for over a year now and it is a GREAT place to be. This is a warm and inviting environment. I've made many new friends and everyone here treats you like family.
I love my co-workers and the Management team truly cares about its staff. ASP has come a long way.
Pros
Fun Place To Work!
Cons
Parking is sometimes a challenge.
Internship
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2016
It was an internship that I did a while back, but it helped me learn how a business environment is supposed to function.
n/a
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2016
A great place to work for.You only work Monday thru Friday.the hours range from 2:00p.m. to 6:00p.m.I got to work with a very diverse community.
Fun workplace
counselor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2016
I loved working with kids. This company is one of the best if you want to gain experience in this field. Working with kids is not for everyone, but with patience and a firm authority, you will just fine.
Active workplace
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
enjoy working with the kids , love the way their active . I love working with the staff . Everyday I went in to work the kids made my day .My 4 hours I was there everyday went by fast because of the kids kept me busy and I love it.
Great Culture
Business/HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Our Orlando office is made up of a great group of people that work well together. A typical day at work a fast paced yet easy going. Usually very productive but filled with good vibes and laughter.
A company who only cares about the mighty dollar
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 12, 2015
I've busted my butt working for these people for over a year. If you go to the office to complete some paperwork they dont pay you for it. After working short staffed for more than 6 months my director decided to speak with the District coordinator and he wasn't even aware that we had been working short staffed when we asked him to hire some more people to help us out he replied "its summer now so you dont need anyone" with 4 weeks left of school left. They shove all these rules and regulations down your throat at these trainings but there has been multiple times where they dont follow any of them and will threaten and even fire you if you do what they do.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication/Pay
productive, fun environment loved working with children.
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Every day I would come in set up the childrens snacks. Take them outside to play. Then went to our assigned classrooms for daily activities. Such as homework time, art, computers and writing. We all had co counselors to help when ever needed. Of course there were problem children but each day something new was to be learned and every child taught me something new. Whether it be fun, love, joy or patience. I loved going to work every day.
Pros
being around children and gaining experience for my future career
Cons
some times the children would get out of hand. nothing too serious.
Money hungry company. Could care less about the employees
assistant director (Former Employee) –  browardSeptember 8, 2015
i started as a counselor, at the beginning whats not to like. My group was awesome. Coworkers were amazing and boss was a gem! Then the company started adding on so much to the counselors plate of responsibilities and not compensating us for all the extra work we were doing. Not to mention all the other changes in the policy and rules. Ridiculous!

So many people come and go its ridiculous! They are always hiring because people quit left and right within 2 months of employment because its just too much for
Too little. Its mot worth it.

As an assistant director, the responsibility was a heavy load. It all depends on where they place you and where you work. I had to deal with an incompetent director, always bossing everyone around, taking the credit for everything and doing all she could to make everyone around her look bad. I had counselors stealing from each other and the drama was THICK! It became such a hostile work environment that i would literally cry on my way to work.

It shows you how badly they need employees in this company! IF A DOG HAD HANDS THEY WOULD HIRE THEM!
Pros
Made great friends, Work schedule for college students
Cons
Very Poor pay for high expectations, greedy company
Fun workplace, very diverse
Grant Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 10, 2012
I really enjoy working here. its a fun and relaxed environment.
Pros
relaxed settings, employees are professional and team players
Cons
minimum benefits, no advancement
Fun work place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 20, 2015
The company is amazing. They give you opportunity for growth. The staff are easy to get along with. Over all it was a great experience working there.
Fun and Structured Program
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FlMarch 9, 2015
*Before & After School Care
*I've learned how to operate the largest program consisting of 200 children, and maintain a zero balance
*Management is operated by Area Coordinators
*11 Counselors
*Making sure the parents are satisfied can be challenging
*I enjoy being a positive role model
Great Childcare Professionals but.....
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 9, 2013
While this company takes pride in providing wonderful childcare for families in various schools in Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach Counties, management can really suck! Turn over rate is extremely high and since this is a work at will state, you can get let go for anything. This job is great for students fresh out of high school. That is all.
Favoritism
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dania, FLApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work for the children, other than that, it was very unorganized. The directors showed favoritism allowing other employs to slack off. They always waited last minute to inform us of any changes and they didn't believe in notifying parents for certain students of inappropriate behavior.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
disrespectful people, favoritism, unorganized
Productive and a fun work place with very nice people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Moriah AME Zion Church, Richburg, SCDecember 7, 2012
A typical day at work for me was to clean and keep the maintenance up on the machines. I worked well with all employees. I had an excellent supervisor who knew how to talk with and how to treat all people.

The hardest part of the job for me was when the job ended. I really enjoyed working with the people at this company. With the company being a small business. we. the employees and supervisors had a close relationship.
Pros
i enjoyed working the employees and my supervisor.
Cons
when my job ended i really hated to leave but there was no other jobs.
Very productive and fun.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 24, 2015
Working with ASP was an awesome experience. This job gave us an opportunity to get an idea of what it is like to be a teacher. Working here, I was able to gain new friends.
Very fun working enviroment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA and Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2012
Three to four days out of the week I went to Cary Elementary to tutor math. I started out by going over all the things the student knows and then the things she had a hard time understanding. We then worked on all of her weaknesses. I cant recall any part of the job hard. The most enjoyable part was when my student began to learn more and when she came to me with great test grades.
Pros
i was helping a young person
Cons
took over two months to get paid
Working with children
Counselor and Mentor for children K-5th grade (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2015
Dealing with children requires alot of extra attention you wouldn't normally need in a regular workplace. It was very enojyable and everyday was refreshing.
Great Workplace
Counselor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 23, 2015
I loved my co workers, great people to work with, i enjoyed the classroom setting,arts and crafts,cooking,outdoors,reading science and much more!

2.6