AFTER SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Prepare different reports and snack rosters of AfterSchool Program
After School Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2016
Provide the reports and list of different programs to my manager
Assist during the lunch time to my co workers
Prepare snack rosters
Assist departure time
Educational environment
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAOctober 26, 2015
An educational work related environment engaging with Pre-K children and staff members. A typical day at work in this environment is productive and steady.
Pros
overtime
Cons
workflow
Program Teacher and Coach
Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lennox, CAAugust 31, 2015
Working with the kids in the after school program was amazing. Developing fun activities and drills to motivate the students to achieve full potential was an everyday thing.
Wonderful Program to be Part Of
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
The staff at the After School Program is wonderful. There is truly a sense of community in the program. I strongly recommend working here.
Very creative curriculum
Program Head PreSchool Teacher, Mater Christi (Former Employee) –  Burlington VermontJuly 18, 2015
This was a very dynamic program that allowed me to be creative in the projects and play. I was lucky enough to have a great assistant and the kids really enjoyed our friendship.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work area, interaction with kids
Childcare Counselor for the YMCA (Current Employee) –  Morristown NJJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me is helping young kids with home work. Playing with kids outdoors and indoors. I enjoy talking to the kids about how their day went throughout the school day.
Pros
Fun, Loving kids
Cons
Short hours with kids
Fun and Educational
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ellington, CTJune 29, 2015
Working in the position, I have learned a unique way to teach preschool children.

I was responsible for watching children after school, in which i gave them a snack read a few books, and planned engaging activities.
Provide supervision to Elementary students
Tutor August (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 29, 2015
I am in charge of 22 students 5 days a week. Each day work my job is to oversee the students during snack. Then i take them to class where we do academic and enrichment. It is my Job to keep the students engaged and excited to learn.
Pros
Teaching students new things
Cons
Working with students who have no desire to learn
fun workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CaliforniaJune 3, 2015
Great workplace, allowed me to grow as a person. Job taught me how to be organized and great management skills. Working with these coworkers were great, helped me at all ventures and we all worked well as a team. Hardest part of the job was the minimal assistance from the district.
Fun place to work plenty of activities to do.
After School Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2015
Working as an ASSS, is a great experiences. The children are well respected and periodically some rough days. The staff are team players, we correspond with each other and if child is having a rough day staff step us to help assist one another. Meetings are held weekly to discuss any issues with students and is staff have anything they would let to put in the lesson plan for the month.
Pros
allowed to cook with and for the children
Fun active safe environment k-3rd grade students.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GaMarch 20, 2015
Day starts with set up, placing rugs, tables, and activities. Learned how to counsel and overall keep the students engaged and safe.The hardest part of the job is learning to cope with difficult behavior from students. The best part of the job is interacting and being around the students.
Pros
The experience and staying active.
Cons
Lack of hours and low wages.
great love lit
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicag0March 20, 2015
pick students up once dismissed from class, monitor snack time, administer students to and from washroom. Proceed to help students with home work and then indulge in a fun learning activity.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
short hours
Productive day
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Making sure that children are doing home work,projects,essays,test,make up work,anything that has to do with work related
Pros
home work
Cons
n/a
after school teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hammond LAJanuary 14, 2015
Very high paced fun place to work.
Kids made it worth it to go to work. They enjoyed spending time with me and I with them.
helping kids with thier homework
TEACHERS AID (Former Employee) –  234 brooklyn ave bklyn ny 11216January 8, 2015
showing kids different ways or doing things far as homework in learning about history in in other ethic back ground showing them animals in teaching them about living things I loved it
Productive and fun while caring for children
Care Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2014
As an after school care leader a typical day at work consists of providing the well being of the children until they leave home to their parents. I learned how to care and teach the children basic skills on a daily basis. The management is run by teachers who work at the school. My co-workers were around the same age range as mine and college students. The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to my students once the summer break came along. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to bring a smile to my students faces everyday just by my presence.
Fun, productive, friendly, learning environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CANovember 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun and interaction that I would have with the students that I was in charge of. Working with the staff that were at my site was rewarding. Learned how to get along with different personalities and work types.
Pros
Job security, environment
Helena Elementary
Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALNovember 14, 2014
I loved getting to know my kids personally as the year progressed, this was one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had. I enjoyed helping the children with homework, crafts, and anything else needed. This job was more than just a "job" to me!
Awesome
Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  GlassboroAugust 13, 2014
Good place for children to play with other kids, recieve help with homework and other assignments, while waiting for parents to come pick them up.
Wonderful work place
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 9, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. This company cares about their employees and students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFTER SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2