AFTERCARE NURSING SERVICES Employee Reviews

productive at times
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  1680 walden ave cheektowaga nyJune 29, 2017
i cleaned and did daily household chores for patients. the scheduling was very unprofessional. the patients where kind and loved the work i did and would of loved to have stayed
It is a very productive company
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 13, 2017
There are some things that Aftercare can work on but overall it is a good company. I get very good hours and can pick up overtime at almost any time I please.
Excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Ongoing support. Ability to set your own schedule. Friendly staff. Good compensation.Would recommend to nurses who desire home care.
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay
Cons
Benefits are not that great
Great management
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 27, 2017
They are a very nice company to work for, they basically let you pick your hours, pick your clients and are very understanding. The only problem i had was getting mandated for 18 hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Them not being able to find a relief
Do NOThire this ompany
Patient family member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 11, 2017
By far the worst company, they should be shut down. The schedulers lie to the aides and the family members of the patients. They do not try to find a replacement when an aide calls off, which is almost every weekend.

I have made numerous complaints to Their supervisors and it has only gotten worse, they care nothing about the client or the clients care and safety
Pros
Cons
Everything about them is terrible
very productive
PCA Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at work is really productive.
I work in the health care industry also in the home care industry.
I work with senior citizens all hands on. I take Vitals in the comforts of their homes. I also assist with feeding and meal preparation. I also do home daily activities such as: laundry, cleaning areas, like the kitchen, living room, bedrooms, and bathrooms. I learned to have Patience in this line of work. Also I get along with the other aides and we problem solve together as a team. The hardest part of the job is keeping your patience and the most enjoyable part of the job being able to help and extend my services to people that really needs help and seeing their faces when they are satisfied with my work.
Pros
helping others and learnig quick problem solving
Cons
having patience
Ok place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 18, 2016
I had my client for almost two years she passed away on me then I decided to work somewhere else. Overall I would recommend someone to work for them they used to be very useful work place.
Pros
nice people
Cons
clients death
Great
PCA HCSS Waiver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 15, 2016
I loved working here. While this was many years ago, the original owners really valued their employees. This establishment has since taken new ownership, I would know nothing about the new owner.
Work ethic a must
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 22, 2016
You have to be self motivated and a creative thinker and problem solver, and the management is wonderful people who care about you. Can not ever imagine working anywhere else. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Pros
Family and Health First
Not a professional environment
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2016
For the most part, people at Aftercare are nice, but this is not a very professional environment. The various departments do not all work together as a team and there is a great deal of animosity between some. There don't seem to be any clear rules about anything and training was nonexistent. In fact, when I went to coworkers and supervisors for help, I was treated as if i was a nuisance. I finally had to leave because I was handed several major problems and given no tools to deal with them. As I said, I got along with everyone, but the constant internal battles were a distraction and the lack of leadership was a real problem as well.
I will say that the aides and nurses received excellent training from what I can tell and really appreciated the trainers and supervisors so that's a plus. I guess I would recommend Aftercare if you are looking to get into the healthcare industry and want to start small and get good training.
Pros
Nice people, Field workers were very well trained.
Cons
Pay was not competitive, no strong leadership.
Very unorganized company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 11, 2016
I worked for this company for 22 years and 7 months and was terminated for allegidly not doing my on call job (I have documentation to prove otherwise). I was given no plan of improvement. This is a typical practice for this company.
Almost all of the staffing coordinators were lazy and constantly complaining about field employees and other administrative staff. One staffing coordinator even had to call the department of labor to get paid for her overtime. Not all staffing coordinators were paid by salary. Some were paid hourly and entitled to overtime while others were paid a salary.
Guidelines were set up but seldom enforced by administration and they would pick and choose what guidelines were enforced.
I worked 85+ hours per week (mostly unpaid time).
Pros
Some flexability in work hours
Cons
Constant staff splitting, Inability for all departments to work as a team, Payroll department was incredibly nasty to field employees.
Working in the homes
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo nySeptember 6, 2015
A 8hour shift is good I've learned so much from different clients.the most enjoyable part job is helping someone who needs help
great
PCA Personal Care Assistant / hcss (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 26, 2015
I come into work cook clean bath client shopping if needed or check for appointments remind about meds make sure they are taken on time in a timely manner. I learned everybody covers they own behind this is a dead end job with no room to upgrade employment .co-workers are great you just have to find people to work with that you can create a strong bound to help give the client the level of care possible the hardest part is dealing with client mood swings and company or staff not communicating to give best level of care
Pros
teaches you
Cons
doesnt offer upgrading position
very unorganized place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 18, 2014
I loved aftercare patients I just hated working for them they were very unorganized, they release's never came on time to release you. sometimes you even have to wait till the next week to get paid because of payroll
Pros
easy money
very poor management
field (Former Employee) –  buffalo,nyFebruary 25, 2013
Alot of lies from management. The people know who they are and one day the truth will come out.
Cons
backstabbers
This was not a good place to work
STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2013
I prefer to keep comments to myself. There is not much to say, not a good work environment.
productive work place
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 27, 2012
very productive workplace they try to compromise with there workers for the most part. the have a great on the job training and inservices.