Aftermath Services Employee Reviews in United States

Disrespectful company to employees and customers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 1, 2016
I worked there for a year and see that the company is just looking to get insurance money from customers. There is little guidance and support from corporate office. There is so much time between jobs that employees just end up quitting, leaving those who remain to handle all of the jobs that come up. Then corporate office doesn't appreciate the effort.

Do not work for this company; you will regret it.
Cons
Sporadic hours, inconsistent direction from management
Amazing job
Backup supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2016
I have been with the company for over a year now and have advanced to back up supervisor. It is a wonderful place to work. I feel like the company looks out for its employees. If there are no jobs coming in there are other opportunities that the company give to still make hours. I couldn't ask for a better company to help me advance my career.
Pros
Benefits, pays well, see new places
Cons
On call dealing with distraught famlies
An Amazing Company that Cares for its Employees
Supervisor - North Carolina (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2016
Aftermath is by far the best company that I have worked for. They care a great deal about the happiness and well-being of their employees. Aftermath wants to make sure that all the employees have the proper training, have time off, and are well-paid.

Aftermath has proven numerous times to care about the work/life balance of the employees in the field. It’s an on-call job, which can be very difficult, but the company pushes to have the proper level of staffing in the field to ensure that everyone gets time off to spend with family. I previously worked with law enforcement, working rotating shifts, and I am able to be home and have dinner with my family more now that I work for Aftermath.

The corporate office spends a great deal of time and resources on training. The training offered is wonderful and the training is given by the most qualified and experienced people. Supervisors are given in-person, hands-on training and then are responsible for training the employees under them. There is also continual online training. Aftermath offers training throughout the year both in person and online. As a supervisor with Aftermath, I was given extensive training, which I then trained my team with.

The pay and benefits offered are unparalleled. Other companies in this field literally pay their employees half of what Aftermath pays its employees. On top of that, the benefits offered are amazing. My son has autism and is on various medications and has frequent doctor’s visits and the insurance provided through Aftermath is the best we could have hoped for.

The home office is
  more... managed wonderfully and acts as a resource for those in the field. They are there to help and to make sure that everyone in the field is happy, safe, and striving to be their best.  less
Pros
Great Pay, Travel, Helping Familes, Great Benefits, Paid Lunch Breaks, Accrued Paid Vacation Time
Cons
On-Call, Difficult / Emotional Scenes
One was being nice. This company has integrity issues
Back up supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown ctOctober 22, 2015
This by far was the worst work experience yet. Low hours, supervisor that is not always honest and does a lot of back door stuff.
Pros
The job itself is good helping families
Cons
Supervisor who has problems in how to treat anyone. And no hours
Probably the worse place I've worked.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2014
This was the most inconsistent, demanding, underpayed job that I was never trained to do. Our lack of training was astonishing, we literally had NO on the job training but were still required to muddle through our job increasing our risk to exposure. The customers weren't getting the service they payed for and it took no time before I realized the company was set-up as a cash grab by defrauding insurance company's.

Cooperate treated you as slaves, not calling for weeks at a time then calling in the middle of a Friday night ordering you to drop everything so you could go rob people on their behalf.

I currently get through my bad days at work by saying to myself, "It's still better than the best day working for Aftermath."
Cons
poor training and communication.
The company needs to have better training to ensure the employees are knowledgeable of the job.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, ILJuly 2, 2014
I am not fond of the 13 complaints that they have had in the past 3 years. Their is no work life balance which is something that every person needs in their life. The unsteady pay is another thing that a person can't tolerate. Working in health threatening situations aren't good as well even if you take breaks and hydrate yourself.
If you want a company that values its employees, KEEP LOOKING!
Supevisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown,PAMay 9, 2014
You are expected to be on call 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, even if there is no work for 6 weeks you are expected to be available at all times. You can go 2 months without work, and no work means no pay. Company expects you to stay on staff while making no income. You can't have another job, because you have to be on call 24/7.
Zero chance of advancing to the corporate office, they no longer promote people in the field. Supervisor is the ceiling for the field.
I visited the corporate office and heard management state that they do not want to pay employees more than $40,000 because then they get lazy. Your are made to feel that everyone is replaceable from the top down.
Pros
good pay, helping people in need
Cons
not enough work, no schedule, constant changing of management
Don't Even Apply
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoDecember 27, 2013
If you want to give a shameful amount of time. and get belittled over the phone by the company you work for.You might get a job and go make some decent money.Odds are you will sit around for a call that rarely comes.Or you Might not come home for a week or 2.Corporate is the real problem.I wouldn't do it again if I had the chance.
Pros
see different places
Cons
corporate runs the show, might just be waiting around going broke, this is a wait for it kind of job, and you need to be available 24/7.
fun job
field lead tech (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHNovember 5, 2013
The usual work day was never the same but it takes a special person to be able to do the work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
corporate office is miss managed
Lack of communication at the corporate level
Regional Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 9, 2013
Day to day operations consisted of providing services in biohazard ( removal of biological matter such as blood borne pathogens) management for families in need,industrial accidents, and law enforcement. I learned many skills in biohazard management as well as several OSHA and other health and safety regulations and procedures. Co-workers consisted of team members that I personally managed on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job were dealing with grieving families dealing with a loss. Most families dealing with a loss were from a friend or family member who had taken their own life. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel and see and experience parts of the country that would not be able to be seen while working in an office setting.
Pros
frequent travel made for enjoyable experiences
Cons
being on call 24/7 made for no personal life, extended periods of time between jobs made for financial hard ships when there was no work available
Very Focused place to work
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working for Aftermath. Very focus driven for a very needed service
Pros
very focused

2.2