Agape Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 23, 2017
Learn that prep.work is the most important thing before you paint. Having all the right materials tools etc.Learned to back roll exterior and interior walls. To be humble commucate and be organized.Learned to have patience and not get frustrated.Learned a whole lot even more about myself..
Productive and fun place to work there
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2017
Started as an intern the once I finished they hired me as a therapist. Staff is very supportive and my supervisor was also very supportive and helpful.
its a very good place to work i very enjoy working with agape
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 18, 2017
I have a great experience working with agape .I like helping the clients with everything the need like preparing meals /be able to help with there needs
Bad
Charge Nurse- RN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 1, 2017
Stressful felt like my license was on the line daily. Changed management stil bad place to work. Old school............. and needs to revamp culture. !!!
Productive, caring environment
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Was able to establish many nursing skills involved with women's medical health. The team of individuals were supportive and dependable.
caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2017
The person that was in charge was every where. I love care for other people. I work hard and love what I do I just want people to take there word. I would stay if it was run the right way.
Company was awful
Day Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, KSJanuary 21, 2017
I do not believe in any of the beliefs of this company and had to
get away as soon as possible.
I would never suggest this company to anyone.
no real complaints
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2017
If you are not interested in maintaining 40 hours a week this is the place to work. The agency is having difficultly maintaining and recruiting clientele. Since the agency is low on clients; the TCM's are not maintaining a full case load so they are unable to reach their hours.

Do not get me wrong it is a great place to work but it is just hard to make your hours and they require 30 hours a week and some TCM's only have 7 clients.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
low case loads
Very Excellent place to work.
Rcc/Med-Tech/Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2016
A typical work day for me is coming to ensure that all my residents needs are being met.Make sure that residents ADL care has been provided to them,all meals have been provided to them in a safe and timely manner.Had a repor with family members and staff members.Management very supportive.The hardest part of the job is not being able to be at two placed at one time.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the residents faces and seeing them happy and content.
Pros
Excellent Pay, Supportive Management
Cons
The demand for dedicated staff members at times.
A very productive fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work consist of resolving consumer and employee issues. Also preparing monthly and quarterly reports. I sent and responded to all office correspondence. My my co-worker are great people to work with. It was a pretty relaxed work environment with little instructions giving from the bosses.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
no health benefits, not organized
awesome co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 7, 2016
great place to work, management is very understanding when life happens and will work with you to cover your shift, co workers were very friendly with teaching you everything that you need to know about certain participants.
Strong values and particular attention to detail.
Certified Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
They pride themselves on providing each employee with a detailed handbook covering procedures, rules and suggestions,regulations and safety precations and tips. There Goal is to ensure and demonstrate safety , security and satisfaction for all parties at all times.
Pros
personal, preofessional and friendly service.
Cons
I was sad that my time at Agape was over.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNMarch 20, 2016
Good place to work many good people supervisor was very good and helpful. Easy to apply good to work with would have stayed longer if the company had not been out of business. Very sad to see the company close
Because of the business, there are good and bad days, but we always persevere!
Volunteer Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 2, 2015
"Without struggle there can be no progress." by: Frederick Douglass This is a mantra I live by and Gamble/Agape Hospice is no different. We are in the process of struggling through to a better change for many, and a open door to pursue other endeavors for many.
Pros
Wonderful team of professionals!
Cons
Several job duties spread out to one person for one set salary.
Very good organization for experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Every single morning I would start off with a treatment team meeting. This is where the therapists and other staff come together and discuss any issues with clients. The meeting will last for about an hour and I would head to group therapy. I would facilitate topics such as self-esteem, domestic violence, and daily living skills just to name a few. On Friday mornings I would teach parenting to the clients. I had a caseload of about 7-8 clients for individual therapy sessions. Here we would discuss imperative coping skills to manage their triggers for substance use. On top of therapy, I would complete my clients biopsychosocials, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, extended stay requests, and any documents needed for court.

Agape was a great facility to gain useful experience working with populations such as substance abuse, domestic violence victims, trafficking victims, and mental health clients. I learned how to effectively work with challenging populations. I also learned how to do complete and proper paperwork (i.e. progress notes).

Although this was sometimes a challenging population to work with, it was also profoundly rewarding.
Pros
Good supportive staff
Cons
Short staff
mental health
social worker (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnMay 28, 2015
 Conducted bi-weekly visitation with for children state custody.
 Facilitation of group process and structured treatment activities.
 Developed and implement individual treatment plans for children and families
 Supervised a team responsible for maintaining a part-time caseload of Level II custody children
 Work with Shelby County Courts, DHS and DCS
 Meeting and provide case assessment with appropriate personnel.
 Develop and implement treatment plans for families in the process of adoption agreements
Pros
able to work and help people with with mental health issues
Cons
Prn
Being an RA in the summer was a lot of fun!
Community Based Residential Facility Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 22, 2015
I got to pick my own hours. The research was a lot of fun. Professor Weisgram heard our input and encouraged us often. I enjoyed working there.
Very professional evironment servicing youth and providing mental health resources for life change
Quality Assurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2014
This is an awesome place to learn how to operate in a very stressful environment while using you passion to properly service youth. As well as being detailed to completing documentation to support evidence of services.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Stressful environment
quiet qork place
Project Economist/Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJune 13, 2014
Working in this company is like working in huge family where each member cares for the other. The amount of work to do make it difficult must of the time. The frankness of the manager is what I like the most.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield caApril 6, 2014
Everyday was a learning and growing experience at Bethesda Lutheran Communities. This job offered training classes each month to help us learn more about people with disabilities and how to deal with the behavioral behaviors that they may have. Management was good and the QRMP was always involved and there when we needed them.I liked my co workers I worked with they were a great team. The only hard part of the job was when the client would have a behavior such as hurting another client, but I would deal with it patiently by trying to calm him/her down and quickly calling my supervisor and QRMP to inform them of the situation. Everything else about the job was great and fun like working with the clients and getting involved in the many activities that were provided for them.
Pros
Great learning exerrience and stepping stone