AGC Automotive Employee Reviews

a very calm and secure place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJanuary 14, 2018
I like my departments I've been in but management isn't fair to everyone. Girls get benefits for sleeping with the upper management. There is no union so anything that happens in this place doesnt hold fairness.
Pros
gauranteed hours
Cons
poor mangement
Productive workplace
Quality Control Analyst/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJanuary 9, 2018
It's a very good place to work. I really enjoyed my time at Arc Automotive. I would recommend this place to any and everyone who is in need of s job. It's an automotive company with great benefits.
Productive and family oriented
Dock Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALDecember 7, 2017
It was a nice job and the salary was very nice. You come in and everyone speaks and you get your day started. At times when you were tired, sick, or just not feeling it, the people around you motivated you to push forward through your shift.
Pros
they would buy food and share
Cons
such a long drive
Contract to hire with no real opening.
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALAugust 9, 2017
This was a position that had no real position after the completion of a contract. The money was great. Unfortunately, there was no long-term goals set by the company to retain the supervisor or the five employees that worked with me. The job was awesome in making production parts for Mercedes in Vance, AL by rubber injection molding on a windshield.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hostile work environment
Not a fun place to work
Glass Handler (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALAugust 8, 2017
the people their are cool. but the management sucks. the turnover rate is very high they will fire anyone no matter how long they've been with the company.
Pros
occasionally free safety meals
Cons
short breaks, rude team leaders
Average
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 11, 2017
No advancement opportunities..Minimum raises...Management have favorites...Unorganized....Minimum security...The people are great but management does not care about the employees.
Automotive Division was a great company to work for
SENIOR SYTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Through my 10 years with the company was provided numerous opportunities to advance my career. Great group of guys to work with.
Pros
Small Team the did a lot of work
Cons
Merger of two divisions did not go well
Not too bad
Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KyAugust 25, 2015
Lots of challenges dealing with equipment. Very clean place to work. Nice people in general. Hard work is valued more than intellect.
AGC overall a good place to work. Challenging position with many employees with over 25 years experience at the company.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 16, 2015
Overall good employer who treats employees with consideration for environmental conditions Provides incentives for safety. Automotive supplier with many tiers of management.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Hot environment
Agc automotive
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown KyOctober 22, 2013
Laminated Cut & Grind Technician: raw glass pallets are brought in, sized and cut to a certain specification. Print room operator: Responsible for all ink bans and logos that needed to be on the windshield with the use of automated machinery. Furnace operator: Responsible for receiving pallets from the print room conveyed into the furnace to be heated to a specific degree, then inspected for the right size and cosmetic specifications. Forklift Operator: responsible for loading raw glass pallets, moving, stacking finished pallets of windshields. Palletizer: received inner and outer windshields from cut & grind, checked and inspected before being placed on a loader to enter one of three furnaces.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
working night shift for 15 years
Great Learning Experience
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 22, 2013
When I worked there I learned how to work on glass for automobiles. And how the whole job was to be done. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and even the managers. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was done just right for the company getting the glass. The most enjoyable part was spending time with others and learning new things.
Manufacturing
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Manager (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALMarch 13, 2013
The enjoyed working here but the management is all new and the environment is unorganized. I havent got a raise in over a year and its time to find another job.
Pros
easy to get the job, has benefits, weekly pay.
Cons
will not get a raise on time, unorganized, promoting is hard to do, no support
Productive work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, AL.October 8, 2012
Prep windows for Mercedes-Benz and Mitsubishi Eclipse automobiles. How to prepare the glass for installation on the vehicles. Management was never around unless there were visitor in the building. My co-workers were all different in every way possible. There were several that hated the job and several whom loved the job. Hardest part about the job was, knowing that the work environment was not safe. There were a few altercations that turned violent. Most enjoyable part was, the fact I knew the times of my shift and I left at the same time everyday.
Pros
having a set shift
Cons
the safety of workers
it's a nice place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALAugust 28, 2012
The environment is nice and enjoy my work and the people that I work with
benefits
Cons
no personal life balance
Manufacturing of safety glass for automobiles
Production (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown KyMarch 23, 2012
Not a bad work schedule. They have a 3-2-2 work day schedule. some days off.