AGCO Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

AGCO/Hesston Kansas
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hesston KansasApril 11, 2016
I really enjoy my job, I would like to be able to go forward though in this company there is no more moving up. I'd like to be at a place of employment closer to home rather than 35 minutes away. I work with a lot of customers-truck drivers, scheduling, ordering kits, answering phone calls, typing, computer data entry. We all work as a team which is a good combination. Supervisor is a good supervisor in many ways.
I took the job for the Insurance.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSJuly 28, 2016
If given the chance I wouldn't go back. They only cared about the dollar and not our health or family. I worked 12 hour days and there was never anything to show for it. Lack of teamwork and drive was very noticeable with the management. No one was ever happy to be there and believe me we tried.
Fun, Family oriented place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone.
IT Project Manager / Corporate Global Web Master (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 21, 2016
Fun, Family oriented place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone. Many opportunities for advancement. If you want to feel appreciated and respected, AGCO is an excellent choice.
Good people horrible management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Assumption, ILAugust 16, 2016
Management doesn't care about workers they only hire you on full time if you sleep with a boss. Only work here if you have too. Agco/Gsi has to be the worse ran company I've ever worked for.
Pros
You meet/work with great people
Cons
Horrible management
Productive and Loyal
Product Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 7, 2016
Agco really invests in their employees. They care about you and are focused on your growth, just as well as you are focused on your own growth can career path.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
N/A
Great people - awful management
SUCCESS BY NUMBERS SNAPSHOT (Former Employee) –  Australia, Hong Kong, USA, EuropeApril 14, 2016
They hire great people but unfortunately can’t keep them. They also have some great senior management employees but unfortunately, the leadership team leave a lot to be desired - their ego gets in the way
Good pay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNAugust 24, 2016
If you like working half the year then this is your place. Very strict guide lines to follow. Lay offs all year round. Good pay and benefits. Good group of people to work with.
Interesting company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 6, 2016
This company was fun to work for. They helped me a lot with learning many new concept of the industry. Work/life balance was good.
Good Place to work
Project Manager / Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSOctober 20, 2015
Hesston, Ks. is a nice place to live and work. AGCO has some great folks! Enjoyed my time there.

A typical day had sprint meetings, systems and S/W architecture, CAN bus outputs per SAE standards, Scrum of Scrum meetings, etc. A typical day would involve IT department.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the architecture and merging with the large farm equipment; also, got to drive a huge tractor!

People were outstanding!
Pros
Leading edge work, good atmosphere/coworkers.
Cons
Management decisions/integrity were weak..
A Smaller Company of which operated much differently than I was accustomed to.
Machine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILNovember 13, 2015
The position held there was one that included a very wide range of duties ranging from being the main GOTO for CO2 LASER cutting and other machinery issues, to grinding concrete floors. It seemed the more one would concentrate and in fact make the production machinery more efficient, the more facility work such as floor grinding there was to do? After a few years it became obvious this was the general method of operation for the department. Considering this limited room for advancement, and the fact there were some very time consuming personal issues that had come up outside of the workplace, the decision was made to resign from the position and, for a time, focus on the major life changes that seemed to be insistent.
Pros
The hours general worked were daylight hours, though the week.
Used to be more than it has become
MACHINE OPERATOR- PACKER (Former Employee) –  Assumption, ILOctober 11, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day and I enjoyed my job an what I did an took pride in doing an excellent job . Advacement was way to political an not based on what one new or had to offer this company. As such it made for an extremly challenging day . Parts of management were supportive and parts were not. Right hand never seemed to know what the left was doing, each area was as extreme an diverse as black n white.. This place was so much more enjoyable 4 owners ago and is still under going change. Perhaps one day it will return to an enjoyable place over all an not area specific ..
awesome work environment
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
the work was fairly simple and co workers were very helpful and motivated to work to a common goal. I learned how operate a pallet jack.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
no cons
Agco developed my leaderships and helped me continue to grow.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MNOctober 4, 2015
While employed with AGCO I was able to advance my skill set to another level. They provided me with multiple training courses and currently work with supervisors daily to continue to grow. I developed my computer skills also my leadership skills. There was nothing that I found to be to hard to complete, but anything that struggle with they made sure I had assistance in completing the process. I truly believe AGCO is a company you could work until retirement and be proud to work there.
fast paced production with a fairly high morale
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Beloit, KSSeptember 6, 2015
very hot physically demanding job, which made the days go by at a fast pace. i welded large frames and operated the large frame robots and small parts robots. the hardest part of the job was working in 120+ degrees through the summer months. i enjoyed welding the large frames more than anything because i could set my own pace and exceed my daily standard almost every day.
Pros
fair wage compensation, great welders, hoists and other equipment
Cons
no job security, did'nt know from week to week if you would still have a job
Agco
HEAVY MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJanuary 2, 2016
this place was pretty good to work for. I had got along with all the management and employees. they acutally paid pretty good back in the day when i was there.
Fast paced and challenging
IT Admin (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 19, 2015
Overall good work environment but impacted by market conditions. IT structure going through fast past modernization to bring regional resources into a global framework
great work management is poor
Level 3 Assembler (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDNovember 12, 2015
The work is great. the management team is very poor. they only think about themselves and not employees. they are very short staffed and still expect the same productivity
Good place to work and supports the community.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNNovember 2, 2015
Fast paced, daily challenging, able to make decisions. Co-workers friendly. Able to approach management.. Involved in decision making which affects production area.
Down to earth, good people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 12, 2015
Good company and good people. The company has a lot of potential and is making progress. The industry is mature, and the competition is intense, but the company is professional and in a good position.
There are better places to work...
Engineer (Former Employee) –  JacksonJune 29, 2015
The ag equipment manufacturing and ag markets are in a dump right now.

The average day to day people you work with will be nice folks... the training is poor. Management is distant and typically closed door-ed with a few exceptions. They seem a bit aloof and for as many years as the farming economy has shown them repeating trends in down market they always show up trends until the day you get the door.
Pros
fairly good benifits
Cons
not much flex time. 8 am on the button is the start time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

AGCO Corporation Reviews by Location