AGCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Average Company
Electrical Harness Designer (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSJanuary 16, 2018
A great place to work and retire from. Even if you consider the corporate culture is alive and well at this company. Contained within the numerous groups I had the pleasure of working with were some outstanding people. The ones not seeking fame. Yet, were innovative in thought and deed, Those interactions outshined any shortcomings found or seen within the corporate environment. Which to me made all those years at AGCO a pleasure to be a part of. The true mark of a great company is seen in its people. So, once you dig past the yes people will you find the stars. And I know there are many in the Engineering Group at Hesston.
Pros
Some real good young people
Cons
Blind Ambition
I loved working at AGCO Corp.
Assistant Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 13, 2017
I loved my bosses and coworkers at AGCO. I would still be there if they had not left town. Everyone was friendly, my bosses were helpful. It was a kind of family atmosphere in our dept. The work was varied and interesting.
Pros
Good coworkers, work environment, pay, hours, location, etc.
Cons
They closed up and left town.
Good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSDecember 1, 2017
This is a good company to work for. The pay is good. The benefits were good. On the whole the company promotes a cohesive work environment. I felt safe and secure there even as a security guard. They promote a learning environment. It is most pleasant working environment.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Health insurance not very good
Good Job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSNovember 24, 2017
Good management, room for advancement, good pay and benefits, decent hours, 3rd shift a little taxing... Good job security just show up every day on time
good
bad
Great place to work with good benefits.
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSNovember 17, 2017
AGCO is a great place to work with very good benefits. Day to day functions of this job are to assist dealer service technicians in resolving technical issues to get equipment back up and running. The travel can range from a couple days a year to a couple weeks but is never extensive, you get to go out and meet the dealers but are not a road warrior. This position will gain you in depth product knowledge and open the doors for future positions if desired.
Productive and fun company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 16, 2017
I love agco. They're absolutely a great place to work. If you like working with wood and building then thats the job you. Lots of easy to get along with people who work there and the managment is amazing
Ok workplace with good coworkers.
BINS PICKER/ PICK PACKER / FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 13, 2017
AGCO is a good workplace with great coworkers. The work is not strenuous at all. You can learn of great things in the warehouse and take it somewhere else.
Awesome place to work!
Product Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 13, 2017
Would still be there if I had not had to relocate when I got married. Great atmosphere and wonderful people. I loved what I did and cannot say enough about the experience and confidence I gained here.
Pros
Great people
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSNovember 8, 2017
Very busy place to work
Excellent Microsoft software manipulation
manager is okay but was laidoff without any prior notice
work place culture is okay but still not sure of employment for tommorw
Not sure when you would be laidoff
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
lay off with out prior notice
Change Specialist
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, IANovember 6, 2017
A typical day starts at 0530. A backlog of more than 100 there is no lack of work. The typical ECN can take anywhere from hours to days to complete. Our responsibility is to assure that all of the needed information is in the proper format. Drawings, technical information, bom's, etc... all need to be correct prior to sending to manufacturing. The management is empowering. they are open to ideas. They guide production without micro-management. The culture seems to be relaxed while coveting top quality, drive and loyalty. The most difficult part of the job is to sort through the large number of work to assure the most important projects are handled ahead of the lesser important jobs. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a completed project being sent to manufacturing.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed
Cons
Short, 1/2 hour luch
Good Solid Company
Tooling Cost Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 5, 2017
It is fun place to work- and they hire great people, produce a world class product. Lots of cool tractors to work on from a engineering prespective. Very high tech also with the 1st electric tractor now at a farm show.
Pros
Enough time to do a good job
Cons
Still allow smoking on the campus ( smoking area)
A global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 31, 2017
We work tirelessly to help make today's farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future.
Working at AGCO
Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2017
Great, progressive company. Working to become a truly global company. Challenges and opportunities exist to grow with AGCO.
Good to great leadership in many areas. Highly recommended as a place to work.
Never again...
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 19, 2017
I would pass on the next opportunity to work at this company. They hired some guy straight out of South America to run the IT Dept and it was very difficult working with him. He would insult you and talk down to you because he knew you were a contractor. He wasn't technical at all and never knew the answer to any question you asked him. I ended being let go after speaking up for myself and the team.
poor leadership
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 17, 2017
poor leadership of the company at the VP level and above. too much turnover of the good people in the company because it was not a good place to work.
Pros
fair pay and benifits
Cons
poor work environment
Great Place
Robot Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSOctober 16, 2017
Great Place to Work..Which I did not have to type in more than 150 characters...But it is a very good place to work. They have many opportunities. Very good company
Has its ups and downs
Global Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 13, 2017
People and company culture good, leadership not very competent. Strangely dysfunctional place to work.

Sr leadership is dysfunctional and just focused on themselves and padding their bank accounts
Good working environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 2, 2017
The team dynamics plays a key role in whether or not you're successful. There was usually a lot of push towards end of month, quarter and end of year to make numbers with little regard for the work-life balance of the employees.
You were not allowed to take vacations during the holiday period. Overall ok work environment but there was no room for growth, so I had to leave..
To many college educated idiots
Maintenance Man skilled (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSSeptember 28, 2017
Not willing to spend money to fix things right just make shift to get by. The old time bosses new how to run things the college people don't have work experience. Poor management.
Cons
Poor management.
Great people. Great company.
Senior Art Director (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 22, 2017
Working with AGCO has allowed me an insight into the world of agriculture that I would not otherwise have been able to have experienced. I have been with the company long enough to see it grow tremendously worldwide. AGCO does a great job of encouraging career growth and seems to hire some of the most amazing people with whom I've had the privilege to work within my years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.