AGCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Workplace harassment...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNFebruary 21, 2017
The department I worked in was a very hostile environment. People enjoyed gossiping and making fun of others rather than focusing on work and resolving issues. People consistently harassed those who wanted to work and learn. They also used others as scapegoats to cover up their own mistakes. Management doesn't reward hard work nor respect seniority. Instead, they allow those who abuse and take advantage of others gets to stay while casting out valuable employees who doesn't follow the crowd.
Agco
Whole Goods Material Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSFebruary 15, 2017
It's pretty much what you expect a seasonal ag equipment manufacturer to be. Radical overtime requirements. It's a big company and there is potential to advance.
Nothing good to say
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNJanuary 10, 2017
Pay was good but what came with was not worth it insurance was garbage job security depended on who liked you not your work performance higher ups should not be where they are at
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everyone for themselves
Good place to work.
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KS 67062December 29, 2016
Agco is a great place to work. There are several areas to work in and is a great place to learn new skills. The pay is good and most of the employees are great to work with. Management is hit and miss on people who actually care about you as a employee.
Pros
Great place to learn new machinery and processes
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, to many layoffs
Good work enviroment
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSDecember 27, 2016
Work environment is good they try to hire qualified personnel. Not much is given for career advancement. Job descriptions change with out notice.
Pros
good benefits, good work enviroment
Cons
job descriptions change without notice
fast paced enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSDecember 23, 2016
great people to work with. terrible management and human resources. to much small town politics. very cliquish. union was a joke. they didn't care about employees.
Seemed like a company that knew what it was doing.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 19, 2016
I only worked for the company for a short period. They seemed to have their warehouse well organized and knew what was going on. Their employees were very friendly and helpful. It wasn't the job for me, but it was for sure a nice place to experience.
Pros
hours
Cons
dust, cold
Productive Company in the past, enjoyed working there.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Agco Corporation Beloit, Ks.December 6, 2016
I enjoyed working here. During the busy times was the most fun. We stayed pretty busy. Management was pretty good and the Coworkers were very nice. Economical times have caused sales to come to a very slow pace. I will miss working with my coworkers.
Pros
40 hour weeks
Cons
Having to be on furloughs
Growing
Manager, North Logistics - Outbound (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 29, 2016
Great company to work for and have lots of opportunities.
Challenging culture of good old boys that are changing, but not easy to break into it.
Good work place
Paint Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
The company was in transition from having bought the packaging facility , the management kept changing from time to time and most of the employees kept changin too because they were 90% temps and some kept coming and going , I saw no stability fora long term commitment or advancement opportunity .
Pros
THEY LET ONE BE IN CHARGE OF WORKING AREA AND BE CREATIVE.
Cons
MANAGERS AND EMPLOYEES KEPT CHANGING TO BE ABLE TO BUILD STRONG RELATIONSHIPS
was overall happy there
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSNovember 8, 2016
high production rate, enjoyed working hard. but didn't like having to deal with the union. Was able to prove myself and was able to move and learn other areas
Pros
good pay, good people and good benefits
Cons
union shop, getting laid off
Laid back and fun atmosphere
Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNOctober 26, 2016
Agco Corp was a fun place to work with a laid back atmosphere that helped me in my personal growth. I worked with a large group of diverse individuals.
Sales driven company
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 21, 2016
A company that is very reactive instead of proactive.

Not a good work life balance.

High turnover

Very meeting centric.

very typical heavy equipment manufacturing co.
Great place to intermix culturally
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSSeptember 5, 2016
Able to advance and not have to relocate while getting all the on the job training. Started entry level and moved up to supervision
Great Place to Work
Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNAugust 25, 2016
A typical day, I got to spend most of the days working in Creo making models and drawings. I would also spend some time in the Product Development Lab going over test and results of testing. Making powerpoints to create content to organize data. I would also spend time in excel making graphs and tables. I got a lot of hands-on experience. AGCO did a great job of asking questions on what I wanted for an internship opportunity and placing me where I could succeed.
Pros
Amazing job experience
Good pay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNAugust 24, 2016
If you like working half the year then this is your place. Very strict guide lines to follow. Lay offs all year round. Good pay and benefits. Good group of people to work with.
Good people horrible management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Assumption, ILAugust 16, 2016
Management doesn't care about workers they only hire you on full time if you sleep with a boss. Only work here if you have too. Agco/Gsi has to be the worse ran company I've ever worked for.
Pros
You meet/work with great people
Cons
Horrible management
I took the job for the Insurance.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSJuly 28, 2016
If given the chance I wouldn't go back. They only cared about the dollar and not our health or family. I worked 12 hour days and there was never anything to show for it. Lack of teamwork and drive was very noticeable with the management. No one was ever happy to be there and believe me we tried.
Fun, Family oriented place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone.
IT Project Manager / Corporate Global Web Master (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 21, 2016
Fun, Family oriented place to work. I highly recommend it to anyone. Many opportunities for advancement. If you want to feel appreciated and respected, AGCO is an excellent choice.
Productive and Loyal
Product Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 7, 2016
Agco really invests in their employees. They care about you and are focused on your growth, just as well as you are focused on your own growth can career path.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

81%