Age UK

Age UK Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGMay 19, 2015
Pros: I had a locker to place in all my belongings. I was able to have however long I wanted for my lunch, and I could go whenever.
Cons: It was really far from my home, and it was expensive getting there and back everyday.
My shift would usually start at 9:00am, so because I lived in Bradford I would have to usually set off around 7:30am, to get to the train station as the shop was in Saltaire, and my shift would end at 5:00pm.

My skills within the team work area increased. The staff was very friendly and I was able to get along with them straight away.

The hardest part of the job was that I was usually on the floor alone (which i didn't mind) but a member of staff would only come down if somebody was purchasing something as I was unable to use the till (I didn't know why)/

The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends, and talking to the public. People would come into the shop and greet me straight away which made me feel really happy.
A good fun place
Sales Assistant (Work placement) (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGMay 16, 2015
Cons: Very hard working enviroment
Management are brilliant to work with and other volunteers. I would not want to work there fulltime very demanding work place.
Caring and support for the elderly
Bus driver (Former Employee), FalmouthMay 9, 2015
Pros: job satisfaction
My role was typically driving a small coach to collect and return home older people to and from the day centre. Every client is an individual with their own needs. Some are considerable and some virtually none. To offer such a service to this section of the community is rewarding and enjoyable and left me with a "feel good" sense. The hardest part of the role was not doing more. The other members of staff work under considerable pressure but provide an excellent service
productive work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Beverley, ENGMay 5, 2015
Great place to work, lovely friendly people in the environment which makes it more friendly learnt lots a thing which was great
Flexible hours
Home help support worker (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGApril 17, 2015
The hours are flexible, which is a benefit of the job because the hours fit around other commitments e.g. taking children to school.
warehouse work
Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGApril 12, 2015
enjoyed the days and had a lot of fun meeting new people. picked up same new skills and advice. the work gave me new skills and the co worker was good to work with. there was no hard part to the job, meeting people.
good work place
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Newark-on-Trent, ENGMarch 20, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: not enough hours
A work day at Age UK is good and well pleasing, I have learnt a lot from working there such as: how to use a till, Stock take good customer service. Co-workers are easy to get along with which make the job easier. The hardest part of the job is stock taking as you must not make a mistake while doing it. The most enjoyable thing about doing the job i do is making the customers happy.
Worthwhile with terrific feedback
Voluntary Software Teacher (Current Employee), Reading LibraryMarch 10, 2015
The most worthwhile job that I have ever done where everybody says thank you more times each day than received in most jobs per year.
Enjoyable Environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), PurleyMarch 9, 2015
I was responsible for delivering a friendly and hospitable service within a busy retail environment. I fully participated to provide an active role towards a positive customer experience hence driving sales.
skills advancements
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Lowestoft, ENGMarch 4, 2015
Pros: skills gained
Cons: no pay
I go in and work on thing like steaming equipment and working on the till.
I do a lot of work out the back of the shop sorting out the stock,dateing stock,checking stock to see if ok to sell.
Fits in with my childcare commitments
Help in the Home Worker (Current Employee), HitchinMarch 3, 2015
I work for Age UK two half days per week

Enjoy helping Older people stay in their own homes.

I work alone

The hardest opart of the job is when someone dies
collections out of the streets with van
driver mate (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
it this job I collect the charity bags from the peoples out of the streets and later we gave to charity shops we travel by van in many areas in London I check the streets for to find the bags and then i putting into the van
Volunteering for Age UK
volunteer (Former Employee), Blandford Forum, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
Whist I only volunteered here, I can vouch that it was a great working experience for myself and those who were employed to work there, I was constantly being helped when needed. A kind and very friendly environment with helpful employees and various opportunities would highly recommend.
Kind generous work force
Sales Assistant ( Volunteer ) (Former Employee), HoveFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not paid employment
A very rewarding job working for a charity, management and co-workers were extremely nice to work with, enjoyable part of the job was getting the donations in from the general public.
Fun and laid back workplace
Kitchen manager (Current Employee), Grimsby, ENGFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great team to work with, friendly customers and work colleagues
Cons: pay isn't the greatest
Start at 6am, cook roast dinners and puddings for customers along with volunteers. My co-workers are amazing, work very hard for me. The best part of the job is the smiles on customers faces and compliments we get for our dinners. We have been told by one customer that our quality of food was better than a dinner she had at a restaurant a few days before! Management are very supportive and friendly to talk to.
diverse
Silver surfer (Former Employee), londonFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
being a silver surfer was particularly for the elderly. i had to go into peoples houses and teach them how to use a computer. this would be so that they could do online shopping, or online banking, or just so that they could research. i managed my own days at work i worked alone. their was no hard part of the job. i enjoyed every second of the job. i got to work with elderly people, i was able to communicate with a variety of people with different needs and from different backgrounds. i was patient with them and kind and considerate as i was in their home. its a big thing having a vulnerable adult invite me into their home. i was their to help them. most of the time i didn't see it as work. they all had an hour each week with me but quite a lot of the time i let it run into my own time which i didn't get paid for, but that didn't bother me as i was helping someone.
Productive and Fun WorkPlace
Guisborough Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Guisborough, ENGFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: experience, socialisng
Working for Age Uk is beneficial, rewarding and experience gaining. A typical day is sorting through donations and ensuring the shop floor is full and maintaining it so thats it clean and tidy. Throughout my time there I have learned stock replenishment, team cooperation, organsing and prioritising.
Why choose Age UK
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), HullFebruary 2, 2015
The usual working day at Age UK retail shop consisted of, making sure that the stock was of good quality when donated, the clothes department was claen.
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Wigan, ENGJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun, easy
Cons: heavy furniture
Although it's only a volunteer position, i feel like a part of the team. I've learned a lot of key skills here such as money handling, interpersonal skills working with customers.

The team at Age UK are easy to get along with, if it's a slow day and there's not many customers they can share a laugh with you and it speeds up the day a little.

The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, would be moving the heavy furniture around the warehouse.

The most enjoyable part would be working with a group of people i can now call my friends.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), wednesburyJanuary 29, 2015
helping customers on a daily basis supervising a number of shops in different areas such has cannock wylde green kingstanding dudley

1 2 3 4 5

Age UK Photos

Would love to work with the elderly in  London