Aggeus Healthcare, PC Employee Reviews

out of business
CMA/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
They were charged with medicare fraud and everyone lost there job with no pay that was owed, That is 2 weeks of hours and 4 weeks of expensive Loved the job just wish the owners were as above to board as their employees.
Under investigation with FBI
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. They are very unorganized and unprofessional. This company is very misleading and as of October 16th 2015 the company was indicted on Medicare fraud!! The worst part about the whole situation is that the employees were notified 2 days before payday to tell us there is no more work and all jobs are suspended and no one has been paid for their work done in September / October this is a disaster not to mention after receiving this information all upper management stop contacting and responding to employees emails and calls. I would not recommend this company to anyone!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company....did I also mention Medicare fraud!!
Looked better then it was
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2015
The office vibe was really relaxed. Employees were allowed to dress in business casual, cubes decorated for individual birthdays, the occasional office wide potluck or company lunch and mostly approachable staff.

Favorites were definitely picked by management, which was desperately lacking. One manager possessed as many as 5 titles at one time which included Executive Assistant/Director of Operations/Human Resources/and the direct manager for both billing and scheduling departments. Unrealistic. Some employees took advantage of break times taking up to 3hrs of combined breaks total each day. Concerns and questions brought forth from different departments in regard to issues such as Consents, Billing, Insurance Verification, Refund Requests, etc. were often disregarded or never followed up with.

The environment, though pleasant with perks like lenience in days off or flexible daily work schedules, was often chaotic with lack of information, a bombastic CEO who chilled the vibe anytime he actually showed to the office and the hindrance of effective communication between departments.
Pros
flexible work hours, generous with time off
Cons
poor management, lack of direction, no job security
Good Employees
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Not a great place to work at. Upper management lacks communication. They let people go for no reason. A lot of favoritism. Pay is ok. Don't give raises unless you ask for one.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
No breaks and only 1/2 hr lunch
Traveling and hardly home
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Traveld to various nursing homes in Texas. You would work 4- 5 days out of the week, or depending on your dr's personal schedule. Enjoyable interactions with the elderly provinding routine foot care. You must use your own personal vehicle thus creating wear and tear. Your paychecks are nice you do get reimbursement on your milage at the rate you agree upon. The company will pay for your hotels if necessary.
No Job Security, Hostle Work Environment
Sceduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2015
Depending on your job title your work load can be way too much to accomplish in your scheduled work day, overtime is discouraged which makes it very difficult to accomplish what needs to be done.
Work environment: scheduled lunches which discourages coworkers from eating together. It is frowned apon to talk to coworkers, listen to music on headphones (even if it helps you focus). Communication from management and executives is demeaning and often times inappropriate. Most coworkers are very nice and but don't get attached people are "let go" frequently or choose to leave. It is a revolving door. Pay is low and not worth it.
Easy working place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Travel to the facility for the day. Get to home set up room for when doctor get there with patient list and supplies. Go get patient to perform the necessary medical treatment like eye exam, teeth cleaned, podiatry.Grab patients chart too. Then take the patient back to room. When done fax paperwork to corporate. Leave the necessary paperwork with contact. Clean the room. Then travel home.Can travel up t 3 hours one way.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Traveling so much
Assisting a traveling podiatrist
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllApril 2, 2014
Assisting a podiatrist at various nursing homes, Hospitals around the Midwest region of the United States. transporting patients to designated doctors office. I removed shoes, socks, and ted hose of patients and got patients ready for the podiatrist. At the end of our day I am required to fax billing sheets along with the record of patients seen and procedures done.
My co-workers are great and fun to be around.
Although I do enjoy traveling, I find the frequent traveling the most difficult about my job because I'm not home with my family every night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the caring for patients and they leave with a smile.
Pros
Traveling, patient care, learning new things, meeting new people
Cons
hardly ever home every night, low hours
Payroll Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Good place and fun people to work with. Flex time making work and life easier to manage.
If you like to communicate..don't work here
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2013
I worked here for about 3 months. And within a week I didn't know why.. When work would come in its just basic data entry and it would fly by. Co-workers were super nice but if you stood up to talk with someone you were glared at my management. The owner of the company was awful. Would get on the phone with someone and YELL at them because he didn't like that they sent him an email and he was to busy to read it. Incredibly rude.
I was eventually laid off due to "budget cuts" which was a HUGE blessing in disguise.
The "office manager" was super sweet, but I felt like she was more of an assistant to the owners rather than a actually office manager. Multiple people were fired in my 3 months there.
Pros
decent pay, easy location, good hours, 1 free pizza day because the phones were ringing a lot, (its a business shouldn't the phones ring a lot?)
Cons
no breaks, expensive benefits and only medical, boring, wasn't actually work just data entry, poor communication, lack of experience in management, no training
Dont even start here, they are horrible.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ilJanuary 17, 2013
This company does not respect employees or see them as a value. They definitely take advantage of the current economy and employees. Management is disrespectful and crazy. They change platforms, programs and the way they do things pretty much every month. Once you get used to one thing they change it, then look at you like your crazy if you arent all smiles and giggles about it. They generally fire people 3-6 months after being hired.
Pros
not many, raises if you can build up courage to ask.
Cons
so many i dont know where to start. just stay away, you will regret ever signing up for any position at this organization. they are a complete mess!
Stay away..
Billing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2013
My time at Aggeus was not something I look back fondly upon. I am NOT alone. If you talk to any of the MANY former employees of Aggeus (the turnaround rate is ridiculous) you would soon find low satisfaction across the board. Benefits? Umm, yeah right. Provider of safe and moral health care? Nope. Living in fear of losing your job every second? That's more like it. Employees are talked down to, harassed and pushed to their limits, whether they're in the office or working the field as a doctor or transporter. Doctors are urged to bill in unethical ways and there is little to no focus on patient safety or wellbeing. Just an awful, immoral place to work.
Pros
the fact that it's a job in this economy - which management will hold over your head.
Cons
poor management and work environment, high stress, little to no reward or acknowledgment of a job well done.
Productive and Good Team Environment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2012
Typically a work day is filled with data entry, telephone calling, and other busy work. This is good for some, but mistakes can cost you your job as the turnover rates are above normal. Co Workers are young, supportive, and a welcomed addition. Hardest part of the job is making sure you keep up with new protocols usually implemented every week which could disrupt your normal routine. Most enjoyable part of the job is the decent work/life balance/coworkers.
Pros
work/life, decent pay, young
Cons
new protocols bother routines, lack of stability or leadership
Productive place to work.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2012
I have learned how to re-submitt medicare claims there. Nice people to work for there.
Pros
free pizza one day for lunch because the schedule people made their goal.
Cons
i wanted to learn more there but they needed me to re-submitt medicare claims.
Run by the Russian Mafia
Puppet (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2012
Medicare/Medicaid fraud running rampant. Not a shred of honesty or integrity to be found. FBI should be investigating.
Cons
everything and everyone that is part of aggeus
Working at Neumann Association
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2012
I was hired at Neumann in March of 2003. My job was multi-task oriented, every day was a different task. It was rewarding to work for this company because I was able to help people in need to maintain their jobs at their work place, teaching a person how to use a computer properly, filled in as a substitute for the teacher.
Pros
i did not have to work on the weekends, i was able to train clients at the workplace
Cons
the employees were paid quite low, we did not receive a raise one year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggeus Healthcare, PC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5