Aggreko, LLC Employee Reviews

Great company in the rental sector
Logistics Coordinator (Project Mgr) (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 20, 2017
Aggreko is a market leader. A great training organization. I would recommend it to anyone. Great compensation at all levels within the organization. Treats the employees very well.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Headquarters in Europe
fun place to work
Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKJune 14, 2017
they was pretty laid back.
big on safety/PPE
hard hat still toes
gluvs/safety glasses
call if your late/not coming in
always try being there always stay busy take brake when assigned
always learning new stuff/psi on vovs/hoses always teame lift
got a question ask before moving on
Pros
bring lunch or leave for lunch
Cons
15min fist brake 1hour lunch last 15 min brake
Not very well managed
Rental Center Supervisor All Departments (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 9, 2017
Worked hard for 18yrs, and then new management came in and out of no where closed center.

You work a lot through busy season, not very good work life balance, they excpect you to work all the time regardless of having a life,
loved my job rental coordinator
A/R and Accounts Payables Manager coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMay 3, 2016
rented eqipment, contracts learned about rental equipment, management were always great, co workers worked well together did a fantastic job. hardest when there were disasters storms getting equipment all of the job I loved.
Pros
customer service
Cons
equipment failure
If you are all about the company then you will do well.
Tech III (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 21, 2016
Great company culture and amazing work projects. I was a Tech III for almost two years before leaving. I was involved with special projects like cooling an entire stadium in Arkansas with our own generator power, pumps, chillers and power distribution. You will be working in all kinds of environments and doing something different almost everyday. Was a great place to work and the compensation was astounding. I averaged over 1000 hours OT per year which nearly doubled my straight time salary. Most Techs will make between 75k and 120k a year depending on your Tech level.

The downside for me was my depot management. We had a manager who came from grocery store management and treated high valued technicians like they were stockers and cashiers. If not for people like him I would have stayed for 20 years.

The job offered so much diversity in jobs and job tasks that the company offered a vast amount of technical training to support this. I attended many classes at remote depots and the training was top notch. As a Tech you will need to eventually be able to repair Gensets, Electric and diesel powered air compressors, chiller systems and HVAC systems ranging from 5 ton packages to 60 ton packages. Dehumidification and heaters were a big part of the job as well as power distribution.

Some of the work is at a depot repairing broken equipment and prepping it for the ready line or the next job and that part of the job was tedious, but its the nature of the rental business.

Everything we did was temporary. In one day and out the next or maybe out in a year depending
  more... on the need. Some jobs are in plants and some are for entertainment events. Concerts, Superbowls and Major events need power!

I would highly recommend Aggreko to a friend as a great place to work.. just not in New Orleans, Shreveport, Baton Rouge or Mobile. The same manager runs all of those depots.
Pros
Mission, Culture, Benefits, Challenges, Coworker Unity, lots of OT opportunity
Cons
At my depot I had really weak lower management and horrible mid-mangement micromanagers, sometimes its too much OT
Excellent work environment offering very interesting products.
Analyst - Application Development (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 6, 2015
Everyone at Aggreko is very professional and courteous - including upper management. Aggreko offers very interesting products to many different industries.
Decent place to work
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 26, 2015
Aggreko was a good company to work for but with the industry not a lucrative as it was in past years, job security is low. The medical benefits have a very high deductible, which keeps increasing each year.
Pros
Stocks, Pto, bonuses
Cons
Very bad medical benefits
Aggreko is a great place to work
Industrial Sales Representative - Oil & Gas (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2015
Aggreko is a great place to work, the culture has a family feel and makes is easy to establish an immediate rapport with your colleagues.
Great for single young person
Cooling Tower Techniciag (Current Employee) –  Chickasha, OKOctober 14, 2015
100% traveling, Needs better management, Away from home for long periods of time, Getting better about unsafe conditions and acts, different scenery regularly, Company vehicle and uniforms, 100% reimbursement on purchases, Work outdoors 100%,
Pros
Great perdiem, Company paid travels, Great experience
Cons
minimum 70 hr work week, gone for long periods of time, no personal life
Great group to work with and very responsive.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake charles, laAugust 10, 2015
It takes a little while to get on with them. But, when you do its pretty great. From day one I felt like I was part of a family. They take really good care of YOU and you can't beat the benefits. I haven't found anything negative but if you can't handle work and over time than this place is not for you.
Pros
Benefits. Pay. People. Managment
Feels Like a Family that takes care of their people
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 4, 2015
I LIVE this job and LOVE the people I work with. Never a mundane work week and there is always something to do. I've transferred and cross-trained throughout many positions within the company and I hate to have to pursue other careers. Unfortunately my position is no longer needed in the Southwest region and I have grown as much as I can within the company.
Pros
Freedom to learn and explore throughout the company
Cons
Oil & Gas Industry slowed down so lay offs are a must
field tech
field tech (Former Employee) –  louisianaJuly 1, 2015
Management changes often. There is no form of teamwork. They expect one person to do too many jobs. When you are on call they will run you in the ground even when you are not on call they will constantly call you to work. Poor management no pay incentive.
Rental Coordinator
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pureland, njMay 7, 2015
You might get your foot in the door ...but you won't stay..worse company to work for...their training sucks and the workload is not worth it.. You take your work where you go..don't waste your time they are all fake
Strong sense of teamwork among employees, with an extremely fast-paced work environment. Poor work-life balance.
Logistics/Operations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 15, 2014
The work day goes very quickly, due to the nature of the work and the volume of business transactions. It's important to learn how to re-prioritize with a split-second's notice, and manage multiple incoming, urgent requests. Management changes frequently, but the internal office team is supportive and collaborative. The most challenging aspect of the job is learning how to respond to customers with immediate needs, when your capabilities are limited by factors outside of your control. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collective sense of accomplishment felt when a job ends with an exuberant and appreciative customer.
Fast growing company with talented people and great culture
Marketing Communication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
Great people
Very profitable business
Promotes culture of safety
Leader in industry
ok
Chiller, Generator, HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2014
Did not like the way the company was run. I did not like how things went.
Work hard/ play hard
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2013
Wonderful culture
Customer and employee focused
Drive to improve processes
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Training Programs (but is looking to improve in this area)
was a good company to work for
Technician II (Former Employee) –  CedarHill TxAugust 16, 2013
Day at work : came in at 700AM worked on rebuilding the air comp

What I Learned : how to rewire all the air comp. unit, Worked on Cummins Engines and the air ends part. put it all back together and run tested the units.

Management: they were there and help us on what ever we needed

Co-Worker: we worked as a team and help each other as needed

The hardest part: Was we had to Rebuild 20 to 25 of them a month

Most enjoyable: Was we got to cook out for lunch on some Fridays .
Pros
was injoying the cookout with the guys
Cons
was not making are quotes by the end of the month