AGGREKO Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Service Temp (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2017
hard labor job at times but this is a place where if you put in the hours and work you will be rewarded for it. everyone is a team player on getting the job done.
Pros
pay people
Cons
outside at times
No advancement and horrible work/life balance
Generator Technician/ hvac tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 15, 2017
Work long hours and make small pay. They don't give good raises.you really feel like you are just a number. They work you to death and want you to put your job above your family.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Everything but benifits
Committed work place
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 3, 2016
New management every so many years, too many changes and lay offs. No job security, People are great to work with here, committed. Very stressful environment, through busy seasons you work long hours, not flexible with the family life.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
If you want to get a consistent paycheck and don't care about your happiness, this is the place for you.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mid southSeptember 26, 2016
I've worked as a technician for a few years. 99% of employees are miserably negative, no raises other than cost of living and dishonest/deceitful people. What you are told and what happens are two different worlds. Everyone I know that leaves does so because of the negativity. It is almost impossible to advance here without being a dishonest person.
Pros
Consistent paycheck
Cons
Negativity beyond explanation.
Not a company where you will advance very fast in the cooling tower section
Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Chicksha OklahomaSeptember 2, 2016
In the 2 plus years I worked there I was unable to advance and wasn't able to take time to further my education. they say the balance between work and home is even but its not. I would work 14 hr days for months on end and not see my kids other than when they are sleeping. it almost cost me my marriage.
Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2016
Learned power and temperature control. Worked with sales engineers and experienced how to provide critical problem solving solutions for companies around the world. Providing gas and diesel generators, chillers, air conditioners, boilers, transformers, heating and cooling towers.
Fun, Challenging work environment which is constantly changing.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJMay 25, 2016
Every day really is a new day. Never a dull moment. There are constantly new challenges and things move very quickly. Its fun. The hardest part is the hours. Its not 9-5 gig. You have to make your self available after hours for on call situations.
Great technical platform
HVAC Technician III (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJMay 16, 2016
Great technical experience - but career advancement can be tough if you are not in the right spot or the right place

Career advancement is based on other people and those that run the place where you work.. Technical training is great
Pros
Good money if you're willing to put in the hours
Cons
Basic pay is not comensurate to experience
There were no family fun.
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TX 77584May 16, 2016
I don't have much to say being a utility tech. It took my time away from family, the pay wasn't even good for what we did. In order to make money is to volunteer for overtime for other jobs that were out in the filed, even on weekends and holidays. Has for co-workers for utility tech not enough guys to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was not being on call for the week. But still was back up for the back up.
Work a lot, but with an awesome group of people
Technician (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJApril 27, 2016
Job is overtime heavy, lots of manual labor. They provide training though and you will work on a large variety of equipment with a large variety of applications that you might not normally have the opportunity to work around. Management in Linden isn't very good as of late. Compensation is fairly competative
poor organisation with support elements
Operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  assortedApril 14, 2016
Worked with Aggreko for 6 years.
management changed, no accountability.
very poor support from Logistics, lacking accountability
Very poor support from Technical, lack of knowledge, and very clicky.
Very bad support from HR. Leaving manpower without correct visas and work permits. Incompetence.
Documentation incorrectly completed, on site commissioning and installations. No internal validation carried out.
Finance support on site operations non existent. Use of personal finance to maintain site often required.
Engineers on site...excellent teams, due to site leadership, Management above this, are just not interested.
Achieving the best for the client gives a sense of being needed. However little or no support from own management.
Co-workers always giving that extra mile to achieve best results, but no recognition from management.
QSHE well motivated but very difficult to achieve aims, due to poor support from above elements.
Pros
Good engineers at grass routes, travel, meeting people
Cons
management and support elements very poor
Fun place to work
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJApril 4, 2016
Sad that it closed down. Best time I had working. stress free, loved the sales reps. During really bad weather we got to work from home.
Pros
work from home during bad weather
Cons
shut down
Politically corrupt
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 27, 2016
The work itself is good, with a dynamic and fast paced atmosphere. There are always exciting challenges, and the prospect to achieve far reaching goals, However, at higher levels there is a corrupt unethical and political culture protecting an unbelievable level of incompetence, (similar to what has been seen recently within the BBC where groups/individuals were "Protected" or unapproachable).
The vast majority of employees are insulated from this through management, but even at Supervisor levels the incompetence and politics can be clearly seen in upper management.
This situation is causing multiple electrocutions, serious injury and death. The "Blame" culture is rife, and both senior HSE and senior HR management are in the "By the book" mode, rather than correcting the issues affecting the company and its employees.
Overall, it is a great place to WORK, but not a great place to have a career. Money is good (in the right area), and it should be treated as a STEPPING STONE to anyone wanting to build a career in a company which actually is a great company.
A final word of warning, when the CEO and 70% of the board get up and leave (as they have in this company), you should have at least two questions at the ready!!!
Pros
Exciting, dynamic, fast paced, good level of common sense, salary (in certain areas).
Cons
Political, unethical, teflon managers, blame culture, mafias.
Culture has changed
SALES REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 23, 2015
I worked at Aggreko for 14+ years and it is fast paced and demanding. Excellent colleagues, but management culture has changed dramatically, and people are leaving due to the negativity and micro management.
Great Job
Admin Assist II / Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swedesoboro, NJDecember 22, 2015
I actually really loved my job with Aggreko. Unfortunately, they shut down my building and moved it to New Iberia, LA. I enjoyed my co-workers and the relaxed work environment.
Dynamic, fast moving workplace...great compensation & benefits
Senior Financial/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 11, 2015
Aggreko is a great place with excellent management. The company provides many opportunities for growth and invests in the development of its employees. This flows through to the dedication and work ethic.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
may require long hours at times
Aggreko is a great place to work
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaOctober 22, 2015
Aggreko is a great place to work - the family culture makes it easy for you to establish an immediate rapport with your colleagues creating a relatively stress free work environment.
Fun place work this was a large comopany
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYSeptember 17, 2015
I handled multiple tasks and assisted the Rental Coordinator and also the manager The company functions were always fun
Great service to be in
Technician/Logistics (Former Employee) –  All over USJuly 31, 2015
Great for travel and to learn. GI bill will definitely go a long way. Miss being there to help make a difference in someone's life. If I could, would be back again.
Pros
Travel, pay, and friends
Cons
Some places had a bad work/life schedule
Good work atmosphere.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis County, MissouriJuly 22, 2015
Great Company to work for. Organized, job tasks made clear, and the supervisor was great. I learned about the product how to deal with field reps and sales reps. My co-workers were really good to work with. They each knew their jobs and did them well. The hardest part of the job was leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGGREKO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9